Search This thread
Mar 26, 2018
Minsk
about.me
Redmi Note 2
I have a bootloop and cannot boot into recovery - I see black screen, please help. Just first reboot after flashing of this ROM and altering of some settings.

UPD: trying fastboot flash recovery twrp.img in `Downloading...` screen but see < waiting for any device >.

UPD2: my solution to fix TWRP:
  1. Download from https://msm8916.com/?view=downloads&tag=TWRP-3.2.3-lineage-15.1_j9_20180921_fortuna3g
  2. adb push TWRP-3.2.3-lineage-15.1_j9_20180921_fortuna3g.tar /storage
  3. adb shell
  4. cd storage
  5. tar -xvf TWRP-3.2.3-lineage-15.1_j9_20180921_fortuna3g.tar
  6. dd if=recovery.img of=/dev/block/platform/soc.0/7824900.sdhci/by-name/recovery
In TWRP - Wipe.

Last edited:

Cookie Wookie

Dec 8, 2018
I cannot connect to WiFi with WPA3

Build date/Release version you downloaded/installed (the name of the .zip file): lineage-18.1-20210426-UNOFFICIAL-gprimelte-V4stable
Device variant you are using: SM-G503T (T-Mobile)
Gapps version (if using): BiTGApps-arm-11.0.0-R37_signed

Did you--
wipe: yes (System, Data, Cache)
restore with titanium backup: no
reboot after having the issue: yes

Are you using--
a task killer: no
a non-stock kernel: I don't think so
other modifications: no only TWRP

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

I can see a list of networks and I can type a network password but it just says "saved" and doesn't connect. a few seconds latrer a toast will apear saying "Failed to connect to network"

my network is a Google Wi-Fi mesh with WPA3 enabled (it works fine if I disable WPA3 aka downgrade to WPA2)

sorry if this is the wrong place to report bugs let me know and I will report it in the correct place

Mar 26, 2018
Minsk
about.me
Redmi Note 2
No root? System does not ask about permission when I need it.
Screenshot_20210822-190111_Gallery.png

Gabboxl

I have a bootloop and cannot boot into recovery - I see black screen, please help. Just first reboot after flashing of this ROM and altering of some settings.

UPD: trying fastboot flash recovery twrp.img in `Downloading...` screen but see < waiting for any device >.

UPD2: my solution to fix TWRP:
  1. Download from https://msm8916.com/?view=downloads&tag=TWRP-3.2.3-lineage-15.1_j9_20180921_fortuna3g
  2. adb push TWRP-3.2.3-lineage-15.1_j9_20180921_fortuna3g.tar /storage
  3. adb shell
  4. cd storage
  5. tar -xvf TWRP-3.2.3-lineage-15.1_j9_20180921_fortuna3g.tar
  6. dd if=recovery.img of=/dev/block/platform/soc.0/7824900.sdhci/by-name/recovery
In TWRP - Wipe.
You have to wipe every partition. Especially the /system partition. TWRP's stardard wipe doesn't do this.

Gabboxl

I cannot connect to WiFi with WPA3

Build date/Release version you downloaded/installed (the name of the .zip file): lineage-18.1-20210426-UNOFFICIAL-gprimelte-V4stable
Device variant you are using: SM-G503T (T-Mobile)
Gapps version (if using): BiTGApps-arm-11.0.0-R37_signed

Did you--
wipe: yes (System, Data, Cache)
restore with titanium backup: no
reboot after having the issue: yes

Are you using--
a task killer: no
a non-stock kernel: I don't think so
other modifications: no only TWRP

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

I can see a list of networks and I can type a network password but it just says "saved" and doesn't connect. a few seconds latrer a toast will apear saying "Failed to connect to network"

my network is a Google Wi-Fi mesh with WPA3 enabled (it works fine if I disable WPA3 aka downgrade to WPA2)

sorry if this is the wrong place to report bugs let me know and I will report it in the correct place
Hi, could you try getting a logcat when trying to connect to the wifi network? Thank you

Gabboxl

Came back to try out LOS 18 again. This time without GApps. I'm not sure how to give more details to this. Whenever I do a reboot, the phone just boot loops.

Flashed LOS 18 and Magisk. Went through the setup. Magisk Manager needed a reboot to finish doing it's thing. And it started boot looping in the Samsung logo. I also tried doing it one at a time. Restarting after first-time setup, still okay. Restarting after flashing/installing Magisk, still okay. Customizing settings, boot loops again.

Maybe there's something in the settings that causes it to boot loop? I could try restarting everytime I change a setting. But that's kinda time consuming, and the power button would probably hate me lol.

Edit: I already found the problem! It has something to do with Color Profile in LiveDisplay. Changing from the default Dynamic to Standard (not sure with others), it causes it to boot loop to the Samsung logo. I'm not sure if this is the only cause. But I'll keep an eye on it
That's weird. If you still are on lineageos 18.1 could you try getting a logcat when experiencing a crash? Thank you.

FriendsNone

Aug 4, 2021
That's weird. If you still are on lineageos 18.1 could you try getting a logcat when experiencing a crash? Thank you.
It's not really a crash.

When you change the color profile in LiveDisplay to something other than dynamic, the phone works like normal. No odd behaviour. But when you decide to reboot, it starts bootlooping forever. Unless you reflash the ROM again.

I am gonna test out other ROMs anyways. So I can replicate the problem again without risking losing anything important. I just need to know how to do a logcat and I'll report back. I can do a recording as well if you want.

Gabboxl

Can you provide instructions or link to a guide I don't know how to get a logcat for the OS I have only looked at logcat logs for an app I was making
It's not really a crash.

When you change the color profile in LiveDisplay to something other than dynamic, the phone works like normal. No odd behaviour. But when you decide to reboot, it starts bootlooping forever. Unless you reflash the ROM again.

I am gonna test out other ROMs anyways. So I can replicate the problem again without risking losing anything important. I just need to know how to do a logcat and I'll report back. I can do a recording as well if you want.
Well if it bootloops then Android's crashing.

To learn how to get logcats you simply have to search on Google: https://www.xda-developers.com/how-to-take-logs-android/ :)
You have to get system logs with adb.

mrnobodysmg531h

Aug 30, 2021
Hey can you build one for SMG531H version? It is also called grandprimeve3g. I would want to be a tester for the ROM. You're doing a great job and I had a feeling you could help me out !

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    doesn't let me, i can use adb while in recovery and on my other phones but it wont let me logcat during boot
    Then you need to find out why. It can be a kernel issue, or maybe it can be on the lineageos side. Experiment with the config files
    maybe it will work for yall, my phone is a piece of crap.
    i would test it but my grand prime's touch died
    lineagebanner.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restores the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

ROM project Info:
    This lineage-18.1 project comes with a SafetyNet fix that isn't part of the official AOSP code.

This is my little gift for the xda community! This is the work of months trying & building a decent rom for gprime. If you want to help, try things and tell me what doesn't work by filling the bug-report template down there! Thank you :)

++ you can also try my Q release here !++

I don't plan to release often for other models as I don't own a server to build multiple variants but only my PC with limited hdd capacity to compile this rom.

Supported devices:
    If your device/variant IS NOT listed on the FIRST post, then IT IS NOT SUPPORTED.
    Code:
    - gprimeltexx (SM-G530FZ)                                                          (since V1beta)
    - fortuna3g (SM-G530H) [XXU]                                                       (since V3stable)
    - fortunave3g (SM-G530H) [XCU]                                                     (since V3stable)
    - fortunalteub (SM-G530M)                                                          (since V3stable)
    - gprimelte (gprimelte, gprimeltecan, gprimeltetmo, gprimeltemtr, gprimeltevl)     (since V4stable)
    - fortuna3gdtv                                                                     (since V4stable)
    - gprimeltetfnvzw (S920L)                                                          (since V5stable)
    - gprimelteusc (SM-G530R4)                                                         (since V5stable)
    - fortunaltedx (SM-G530F)                                                          (since V6stable)

Screenshots:
    see next post

Changelog:
    see next posts

Working things:
    - WiFi
    - RIL
    - GPS
    - Bluetooth
    - Audio
    - Sensors
    - Brightness
    - Flash
    - Camera (+ video recording with preinstalled Google Camera Go)
    - Hotspot
    - SafetyNet (basic attestation)
    - NFC

Not working things:
    none at the moment, yay!

What to test:
    nothing specific atm, yay!

Instructions:
    1. Download the ROM .zip file (+ Gapps if you want them)
    2. Boot to TWRP (or similar recoveries)
    3. Flash ROM .zip file -- If you have an older release of THIS rom then you can dirty flash on top of it. Otherwise, you'll need a full wipe (Data, Cache, and System partitions) before flashing.
    4. Flash Gapps if wanted
    5. Reboot
    6. Enjoy!

Useful guides:
    - How to remove the navigation bar keys (simple method)
    - How to remove the navigation bar keys (advanced method)
    - How to prevent Lineage from overwriting TWRP recovery

Downloads:
    TWRP: https://msm8916.com (or there: https://github.com/Galaxy-MSM8916/releases/releases?q=twrp&expanded=true)
    ROM: Android File Host / Google Drive [mirror] (short links are for analytical purposes only)
    Gapps (BitGapps): https://bitgapps.github.io

Sources:
    - Repo local_manifest file with device trees/kernel/other repos used for this release: https://github.com/Gabboxl/local_manifests

- GitHub profile

- Public Trello board for this project's roadmap & other things (warning: it's a mess).

Donations:
    If you want you can donate me something here: https://paypal.me/Gabboxl - thank you!

Reporting bugs:
    • DO NOT report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or if you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.
    • Fill the following report template:
    Code:
    Build date/Release version you downloaded/installed (the name of the .zip file):
    Device variant you are using:
    Gapps version (if using):

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Thanks to:
    @SebaUbuntu, @itexpert.120, @DarkDroidDev, @vince2678, (and me @Gabboxl!)

ROM OS Version: Android 11 (R)
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Stock 5.0.2 (latest released version at the time of writing)

Created: 12/3/2021 (12th of March)
    Last edited: 27/9/2021 (27th of September)
    Screenshots:

1.png2.png3.png4.png5.png6.png7.png8.png9.png10.png
    Changelogs:

V6stable (23/1/2022):
    (common)
    - Added a new boot/settings option to disable/enable the soft navigation bar!
    - Updated LineageOS with months of fixes and new features!

(gprimelteusc)
    - Included official variant blobs

Supported devices for this release:
    - gprimeltexx
    - fortuna3g
    - fortunave3g
    - fortunalteub
    - gprimelte (gprimelte, gprimeltecan, gprimeltetmo, gprimeltemtr, gprimeltevl)
    - fortuna3gdtv
    - gprimeltetfnvzw
    - gprimelteusc
    - fortunaltedx (new)

V5stable:
    (common)
    - Updated LineageOS with months of fixes and new features!

- gprimeltexx
    - fortuna3g
    - fortunave3g
    - fortunalteub
    - fortuna3gdtv
    - gprimeltetfnvzw
    - gprimelteusc

V4stable:
    (common)
    - Hotspot is now working!
    - Zram increased to 512MB (perf increased)
    - Fixed SafetyNet BASIC attestation
    - Fixed bluetooth crash / not working on some devices
    - Included Google Camera Go as an alternative to Snap (use GcamGo if you want to record videos for now)
    - Updated LineageOS

(kernel)
    - Undervolt to keep thermals stable (thanks to @itexpert.120!)
    - Many kernel/cpu performance improvements

(device-specific)
    - Fixed dual sim-related issues
    - Fixed NFC on devices that support it (to test)

- gprimeltexx
    - fortuna3g
    - fortunave3g
    - fortunalteub
    - fortuna3gdtv

V3stable:
    (Common)
    - Fixed UI & graphics lag issues! Everything is so fluid now (try the fullscreen gestures!)
    - Fixed Art system crashes (random reboots)!
    - Updated LineageOS

- gprimeltexx
    - fortuna3g
    - fortunave3g
    - fortunalteub

V2beta:
    (Common)
    - Bluetooth is now working!
    - RIL is now working!
    - Sensors are now working!

(Device-specific)
    - Fixed NFC errors

- gprimeltexx

V1beta:
    - Initial release

- gprimeltexx
    @Gabboxl You can fix the overheating issue by introducing Simple Thermal Driver by Sultan XDA. You can see the commits in my Lineage-17.1 Kernel.
    New release coming tomorrow! I've managed to fix the biggest issues, after this one I'm going to build for other variants too! Expect some builds in the next few days 😉