• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11] LineageOS 18.1 GO for Galaxy Grand Prime

Search This thread
I apologize for the inappropriate question, will SM-G531F be getting support at a time you can reveal?
I'd love it if someone could direct me to the latest ROM for this model, which by my search seems to be Lineage 13.

Thank you for your work! Appreciate it! Love and blessings.
Hi, I'm sorry but I will never build for that device... I already explained why in some previous posts.

Reactions: Domovoi0ng
installed yesterday works great had a bit of trouble trying to install using twrp tried three differents downloads to make sure it wasnt corrupted twrp would not install kept telling me it wssnt for my device finnally got it to install and boot looped
lineage recovery worked just fine so i was wondering about the chat bubbles option shows in message notification settings but just reverts to no bubbles can appear is it a setting i have missed here is what i can tell you

sent from beside
lineage_gprimelte-userdebug 11 RQ2A.210405.005 eng.gabbox.20210426.193214 test-keys
Probably it is a LineageOS bug, I'll start building some updated lineageOS builds this week for all devices. Stay tuned.

Last edited:

MinhaD

Oct 10, 2019
Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime
@Gabboxl Its a pleasure to use Latest Android 11 on device like grand prime with limited hardware. So thanks to you for such development.

I'm using on fortunave3g and I want to share some problems.
1st of all I'm not using and kind of modification on this build.
My build is Lineage 18.1 V4 stable
With openGapps Arm(11).

Problems:
1. No sound on SIM 2 voice call(most important)
2. Navigation bar(not needed bcs gp has physical)
3. Display flicker on display size change.
4.Google camera takes long time to take pic(not much important).
5. Doesn't show charging animation on power off charging after some time.
6. Little bit of laggy(might be hardware prblm or improper optimization)

These are some problems I noticed in fortunave3g (XCU) variant.
I'm also learning ROM development, so I know its quite hard to solve many problems. So Cheer's. :)

Reactions: cdaarif
@Gabboxl Its a pleasure to use Latest Android 11 on device like grand prime with limited hardware. So thanks to you for such development.

With openGapps Arm(11).

Problems:

I'm also learning ROM development, so I know its quite hard to solve many problems. So Cheer's. :)
Hi thank you!

Regarding the problems:
1) I don't know how to fix this unfortunately, I would need to own a dual sim variant and some time (which I don't have at the moment) to test various configurations.
2) I already explained in a previous post why the navigation bar is here (it's there because I want it personally). There are a lot of tutorials that explain how to remove it.
3) This is probably a LineageOS bug.
4) Not a bug, this is completely normal.
5) This is normal, it depends on LineageOS btw.
6) Completely normal.

Let me know if you encounter any more bugs! Thanks!

V5stable for lineage-18.1 is out now!

This release adds to the supported devices two variants: the gprimeltetfnvzw and gprimelteusc! Let me know how it is!

Many thanks to @siesta283 for providing me a server to build this rom on!

Release name: V5stable

Changelog
:
- check the changelog post

Supported devices for this release:

Downloads: check the first post!

Last edited:

Tres_Tigers

Apr 26, 2021
No problem! I was just asking for confirmation, thanks for the answer!
Hey I've run into a problem mid installation.
I already wiped everything, and it does not want to install for some reason.

I had to take a picture with my old Samsung Galaxy Stellar as it had my only other camera that will focus.

What could be causing this?

Could it be due to the TWRP I have installed, which belongs to a different variant (SM-S920L) for the Grand Prime?
If so, is there anywhere I can get a proper custom TWRP for my variant?

Attachments

• 20210929_114301_kindlephoto-160341873.jpg
    20210929_114301_kindlephoto-160341873.jpg
    328.8 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Hey I've run into a problem mid installation.
I already wiped everything, and it does not want to install for some reason.

I had to take a picture with my old Samsung Galaxy Stellar as it had my only other camera that will focus.

What could be causing this?

Could it be due to the TWRP I have installed, which belongs to a different variant (SM-S920L) for the Grand Prime?
If so, is there anywhere I can get a proper custom TWRP for my variant?
Ohh okay, here the problem is definitely twrp. The problem is that it's for another variant and it doesn't recognize your device I think. I sincerely don't know how to solve this problem, I would have to build twrp for your variant but I don't have time to do this at the moment.
The only thing that maybe would help is trying another recovery instead of twrp. Maybe Pitchblack probably should help?

Last edited:

Tres_Tigers

Apr 26, 2021
Ohh okay, here the problem is definitely twrp. The problem is that it's for another variant and it doesn't recognize your device I think. I sincerely don't know how to solve this problem, I would have to build twrp for your variant but I don't have time to do this at the moment.
The only thing that maybe would help is trying another recovery instead of twrp. Maybe Pitchblack probably should help?
Are you sure that it would work with my device, and can you link me to the download?

Also, what if you took the SM-S920L TWRP image and changed it's device name for the SM-G530R4?
Since they seem to be compatible with each other.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Edit.

I tried the other rom you made for the SM-S920L.
It also failed with the same error, probably due to it not knowing what the device is when it installs.

I noticed that in the error message that it doesn't label what device my device is and leaves the section for my device name blank.
Yet, it does show what device the rom was meant for.

~~~~~~~~~~
Also.
I tried a custom build that something or someone had put together for my variant and it failed to work properly at all when flashed through the TWRP App, and wouldn't install with some sort of 'dev' error on the phone screen when flashed through Odin.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gabboxl

leonelborges

Apr 8, 2016

With openGapps Arm(11).

Problems:

fortunave3g XCU

Use firmware
lineage-18.1-20210426-UNOFFICIAL-fortunave3g-V4stable.zip
Our
lineage-18.1-20210925-UNOFFICIAL-fortunave3g-v5stable.zip fruid
Gapps
BiTGApps-arm-11.0.0-R38_signed.zip

Fixv voice call
Edit /system/build.prop

From
persist.vendor.audio.fluence.voicecall=false
To
persist.vendor.audio.fluence.voicecall=true

Restart

Reactions: Gabboxl

MinhaD

Oct 10, 2019
Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime
fortunave3g XCU

Use firmware
Our
Gapps

Fixv voice call
Edit /system/build.prop

From
To

Restart
I know these patches, but thanks though. I already tried to edit build.prop but the system partition isn't rw mountable. I already made a patch by my self, I'll test them first then let you guys know. Thanks.

fortunave3g XCU

Use firmware
Our
Gapps

Fixv voice call
Edit /system/build.prop

From
To

Restart
Oh, thank you! If this property fixes the problem for you I'll include this fix in the next version!
Unfortunately I can't test them on my device as it isn't dual sim.

Are you sure that it would work with my device, and can you link me to the download?

Also, what if you took the SM-S920L TWRP image and changed it's device name for the SM-G530R4?

~~~~~~~~~~~

Edit.

It also failed with the same error, probably due to it not knowing what the device is when it installs.

I noticed that in the error message that it doesn't label what device my device is and leaves the section for my device name blank.

~~~~~~~~~~
Also.
I tried a custom build that something or someone had put together for my variant and it failed to work properly at all when flashed through the TWRP App, and wouldn't install with some sort of 'dev' error on the phone screen when flashed through Odin.
Oh okay. I'll look into building TWRP for your variant in the next weeks and I hope this will solve the problem.
Thanks for the details and sorry for the delay!

Reactions: Tres_Tigers

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

This release adds to the supported devices two variants: the gprimeltetfnvzw and gprimelteusc! Let me know how it is!

Changelog
    :

I apologize for the inappropriate question, will SM-G531F be getting support at a time you can reveal?
    I'd love it if someone could direct me to the latest ROM for this model, which by my search seems to be Lineage 13.

Thank you for your work! Appreciate it! Love and blessings.
    Hi, I'm sorry but I will never build for that device... I already explained why in some previous posts.

With openGapps Arm(11).

Problems:

Hi @Tres_Tigers, I'm applying some final changes to gprimelteusc's device trees and I have some questions:
    Is this device a European variant? Is it dual sim?

~~~~~~~~~~~

Edit.

~~~~~~~~~~
    Also.
    lineagebanner.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restores the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

ROM project Info:
    This lineage-18.1 project comes with a SafetyNet fix that isn't part of the official AOSP code.

This is my little gift for the xda community! This is the work of months trying & building a decent rom for gprime. If you want to help, try things and tell me what doesn't work by filling the bug-report template down there! Thank you :)

++ you can also try my Q release here !++

I don't plan to release often for other models as I don't own a server to build multiple variants but only my PC with limited hdd capacity to compile this rom.

Supported devices:
    If your device/variant IS NOT listed on the FIRST post, then IT IS NOT SUPPORTED.
    Code:
    - gprimeltexx (SM-G530FZ)                                                          (since V1beta)
    - fortuna3g (SM-G530H) [XXU]                                                       (since V3stable)
    - fortunave3g (SM-G530H) [XCU]                                                     (since V3stable)
    - fortunalteub (SM-G530M)                                                          (since V3stable)
    - gprimelte (gprimelte, gprimeltecan, gprimeltetmo, gprimeltemtr, gprimeltevl)     (since V4stable)
    - fortuna3gdtv                                                                     (since V4stable)
    - gprimeltetfnvzw (S920L)                                                          (since V5stable)
    - gprimelteusc (SM-G530R4)                                                         (since V5stable)

Screenshots:
    see next post

Changelog:
    see next posts

Working things:
    - WiFi
    - RIL
    - GPS
    - Bluetooth
    - Audio
    - Sensors
    - Brightness
    - Flash
    - Camera (+ video recording with preinstalled Google Camera Go)
    - Hotspot
    - SafetyNet (basic attestation)
    - NFC

Not working things:
    none at the moment, yay!

What to test:
    nothing specific atm, yay!

Instructions:
    1. Download the ROM .zip file (+ Gapps if you want them)
    2. Boot to TWRP (or similar recoveries)
    3. Flash ROM .zip file -- If you have an older release of THIS rom then you can dirty flash on top of it. Otherwise, you'll need a full wipe (Data, Cache, and System partitions) before flashing.
    4. Flash Gapps if wanted
    5. Reboot
    6. Enjoy!

Downloads:
    TWRP: https://msm8916.com
    ROM: Android File Host / Google Drive [mirror] (short links are for analytical purposes only)
    Gapps (BitGapps): https://bitgapps.github.io

Sources:
    - Repo local_manifest file with device trees/kernel/other repos used for this release: https://github.com/Gabboxl/local_manifests

- GitHub profile

- Public Trello board for this project's roadmap & other things (warning: it's a mess).

Donations:
    If you want you can donate me something here: https://paypal.me/Gabboxl - thank you!

Reporting bugs:
    • DO NOT report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or if you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.
    • Fill the following report template:
    Code:
    Build date/Release version you downloaded/installed (the name of the .zip file):
    Device variant you are using:
    Gapps version (if using):

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Thanks to:
    @SebaUbuntu, @itexpert.120, @DarkDroidDev, @vince2678, (and me @Gabboxl!)

ROM OS Version: Android 11 (R)
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Stock 5.0.2 (latest released version at the time of writing)

Created: 12/3/2021 (12th of March)
    Last edited: 27/9/2021 (27th of September)
    Screenshots:

1.png2.png3.png4.png5.png6.png7.png8.png9.png10.png

Changelog
    :

@Gabboxl You can fix the overheating issue by introducing Simple Thermal Driver by Sultan XDA. You can see the commits in my Lineage-17.1 Kernel.
    New release coming tomorrow! I've managed to fix the biggest issues, after this one I'm going to build for other variants too! Expect some builds in the next few days 😉