• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11] LineageOS 18.1 [OFFICIAL]

Search This thread

Tralien

Oct 13, 2015
Ahh, just the stock app.....thats quite normal for lineage users....great news. I know sony phones where cameras didnt work at all with lineage, at least for some month after release

Mar 20, 2015
nope i just checked with *#*#4636#*#* About -> IMS-Status Voice-over-WIFI / Voice-over-LTE, the one which is active is "available"

Apr 20, 2021
I am almost certain that I am missing the correct configuration file. I need one for Congstar / ja.mobil in european region. I suppose you have not Congstar as carrier.

majorwedgy

Jun 26, 2010
Does nfc payments work on this? Just bought a second hand device I'm looking to flash but always use my phone for payments

majorwedgy

Jun 26, 2010
Yes, NFC payment is working. You might need to root it and use MagiskHide + MagiskHide Props Config (and change the device fingerprint) in order to pass SafetyNet though.
Thanks for the response mate. Out of interest, that just Los or that all roms for xz2?so annoying as done custom roms on loads of phones and had a few with safetynet issues recently

dtrunk90

Oct 29, 2021
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact
Xperia XZ2
Thanks for the response mate. Out of interest, that just Los or that all roms for xz2?so annoying as done custom roms on loads of phones and had a few with safetynet issues recently
If I understand you correctly you need to pass safetynet which isn't possible without root because the device fingerprint isn't from sony.

I'm using nfc payment myself quite often on my xz2c.

Z0rnica

Nov 4, 2021
since replacing the incompatible firmware on my phone with one that is compatible is giving me trouble, I was wondering if there is any way to add comparability directly to the LOS rom?
the hardware for theH8314 and SO-05K (zx2c) appears to be the same, so I see no reason why the rom shouldn't be able accept either of them.
It worked flawlessly with sailfish after all

dtrunk90

Oct 29, 2021
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact
Xperia XZ2
since replacing the incompatible firmware on my phone with one that is compatible is giving me trouble, I was wondering if there is any way to add comparability directly to the LOS rom?
the hardware for theH8314 and SO-05K (zx2c) appears to be the same, so I see no reason why the rom shouldn't be able accept either of them.
It worked flawlessly with sailfish after all
afaik the japanese models need another nfc firmware. if you want to buy me one i can test it and add it to the supported models list :p i have already bought all of the tama devices (xz2c, xz2, xz2p, xz3) and don't want to buy others.

Z0rnica

Nov 4, 2021
afaik the japanese models need another nfc firmware. if you want to buy me one i can test it and add it to the supported models list :p i have already bought all of the tama devices (xz2c, xz2, xz2p, xz3) and don't want to buy others.
tempting.. but I am not sure if I want to sink more money into this project just to get NFC functionality (which I don't need at all...). I guess I will give the firmware thing another try, or go with SFOS :/

dtrunk90

Oct 29, 2021
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact
Xperia XZ2
tempting.. but I am not sure if I want to sink more money into this project just to get NFC functionality (which I don't need at all...). I guess I will give the firmware thing another try, or go with SFOS :/
if you have some dev experience you can also build lineage yourself and contribute so we can make the model officially supported. Somehow or other we need the model physically to test. Already spent around 400€ to have all devices as testing devices and don't want to spend more money.

Z0rnica

Nov 4, 2021
if you have some dev experience you can also build lineage yourself and contribute so we can make the model officially supported. Somehow or other we need the model physically to test. Already spent around 400€ to have all devices as testing devices and don't want to spend more money.
I very much appreciate your dedication!
I would very much like to contribute to the effort (depending on my available time), but have no experience on phones particularly. I think I came across a build guide a few weeks ago and it didn't look too bad - except for getting information on all the hardware components, which seems like a pain.
Is there any way you could help me to make the process less painful?
or is there anything in particular I need to be able to do? what would testing the device entail?

dtrunk90

Oct 29, 2021
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact
Xperia XZ2
I very much appreciate your dedication!
I would very much like to contribute to the effort (depending on my available time), but have no experience on phones particularly. I think I came across a build guide a few weeks ago and it didn't look too bad - except for getting information on all the hardware components, which seems like a pain.
Is there any way you could help me to make the process less painful?
or is there anything in particular I need to be able to do? what would testing the device entail?
Some informative wiki pages:
* https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/xz2c/build
* https://wiki.lineageos.org/how-to/submitting-patches

Most important folders are `kernel/sony/sdm845`, `device/sony/tama-common`, `device/sony/xz2c`, `vendor/sony/tama-common` and `vendor/sony/xz2c`. All changes made in the tama-common folders need to be tested for all tama devices (which are akari, akatsuki, aurora and xz2c).

Driver stuff is part of the kernel. With defconfigs (`kernel/sony/sdm845/arch/arm64/configs`) features like drivers can be enabled/disabled. Drivers itself are in `kernel/sony/sdm845/drivers`.

It's quite easy if you have some dev experience to get into all of that.

If you get your SO-05K device working feel free to submit patches.
Also feel free to join our Telegram channel: https://t.me/+GfiiorF6n-I5NjNk

Z0rnica

Nov 4, 2021
thanks! looks reasonable enough, and sounds like a fun project for my Christmas holidays. I'll report back if I manage to succeed (or fail)

Suffie42

Dec 1, 2021
First of all, a massive thanks for the developers to keep this device alive, keep up the good work.

Recently I've upgraded from Lineageos 17.1 to 18.1, I'm using opengaps but that is broken, it no longer boots, dumps into revcovery, proposes to wipe stuff, which doesn't help for the next boot). As such that upgrade failed but also a complete install (after wiping everything), it's not lineageos itself that boots (if installed without opengaps, the issue is with opengaps (a clean install with mindthegaps, doesn't have this issue). I've updated this issue on their github. My work-a-round use a much older opengaps build, that will boot and afterwards update updated google stuff.

The most recent Lineagesos build (lineage-18.1-20211126-nightly-xz2c-signed.zip) complains with every SMS send with: "Messaging is sending a large number of SMS messages. Do you want to allow this ap to continue sending messages". I'm using stock messages (only have opengaps nano, it's version 1.0.001). the build two weeks earlier and before didn't have this.

I've red some updates about folks with ghost touches. I've the reverse quite frequently after I unlock touch works briefly and then does nothing (unlock with a fingerprint but after that no response to any touch. Pressing power button twice unlock again and all is fine.

Furthermore in this direction. I've a sleeve with plastic cover to mount my phone on my bike. The screen keeps on lighting up (like pressing the power button with the phone locked), I've no idea where this comes from, lineageos 17.1 didn't have this. In my normal leather phone case it doesn't happen either. I've tried to recreate this issue by tapping my phone when locked but nothing happens, I do have a glass screen protector which has working fine for ages.

Last edited:

TheeWolf

Oct 8, 2011
The volume in which I hear people on phone calls is incredibly loud, and that's even after I turned down the volume as low as possible. It's so loud that other people in the room can hear the other side (I don't want that), and I have to hold the phone away from my ear (something I didn't have to do before).

Is there a solution to this?

Olivier

Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 6, 2011
Hi everyone,
as some of you may already know, I've decided to step down as device maintainer for the Xperia XZ2 Compact.
Thankfully, @dtrunk90 has volunteered to take over - he's a skilled dev who has already made valuable contributions in the past few months, and I'm sure he'll continue to do so.

That being said, I really enjoyed on this device. I want to thank @Sjll who made all of this possible and everyone contributing to the Xperia Open Devices Program -- even though we don't always share the same views (which is what made Sjll and me start this project in the first place), I have nothing but respect for their hard work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The first official 18.1 build is up, enjoy: https://download.lineageos.org/xz2c
    A new build is up, please check the OP. Feel free to test and report bugs - we'd like to enable official 18.1 weekly builds soon.
    Hi everyone,
    as some of you may already know, I've decided to step down as device maintainer for the Xperia XZ2 Compact.
    Thankfully, @dtrunk90 has volunteered to take over - he's a skilled dev who has already made valuable contributions in the past few months, and I'm sure he'll continue to do so.

That being said, I really enjoyed on this device. I want to thank @Sjll who made all of this possible and everyone contributing to the Xperia Open Devices Program -- even though we don't always share the same views (which is what made Sjll and me start this project in the first place), I have nothing but respect for their hard work.
    http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

NOTE
    Should you ever face any issues, capture logs. I also need to know what build you're on (build number or at least a date).
    Hint: "It doesn't work" is not a bug report and posts like this will be ignored.

KNOWN ISSUEs
    • The Sony stock camera does not work at the moment.

INFO
    This ROM does not use the device trees/kernel from sonyxperiadev (aka SODP). The device tree was made from scratch, and the stock kernel (based off 52.1.A.x.y) has been used.

DOWNLOAD
    Official builds

NOTE: Since the official builds are signed, you can't simply upgrade from my unofficial builds -- you can either migrate to an official build using a script or do a clean install.

All unofficial builds

INSTRUCTIONS
    Just flash the builds as usual. Make sure to be on the latest stock firmware.

SOURCE
    LineageOS
    Kernel
    CHANGELOG
    20210516:
    - fixed WiFi display/screen casting
    - addressed performance issues and lags

20210515:
    - updated to 18.1
    - fixed remaining most of the bugs
    - set SELinux to enforcing

20201128: