[ROM][11] LineageOS 18.1 [OFFICIAL]

Search This thread

landsome

May 4, 2015
Hi everyone,
as some of you may already know, I've decided to step down as device maintainer for the Xperia XZ2 Compact.
Thankfully, @dtrunk90 has volunteered to take over - he's a skilled dev who has already made valuable contributions in the past few months, and I'm sure he'll continue to do so.

That being said, I really enjoyed on this device. I want to thank @Sjll who made all of this possible and everyone contributing to the Xperia Open Devices Program -- even though we don't always share the same views (which is what made Sjll and me start this project in the first place), I have nothing but respect for their hard work.
Thanks for the fabulous effort.

Reactions: Olivier

ezzxsys

Dec 5, 2021
does this rom work for xz2 compact docomo SO-05K device?
My device is ubl yes and also rooted/twrp

30jp

Sep 25, 2020
Hi everyone,
as some of you may already know, I've decided to step down as device maintainer for the Xperia XZ2 Compact.
Thankfully, @dtrunk90 has volunteered to take over - he's a skilled dev who has already made valuable contributions in the past few months, and I'm sure he'll continue to do so.

That being said, I really enjoyed on this device. I want to thank @Sjll who made all of this possible and everyone contributing to the Xperia Open Devices Program -- even though we don't always share the same views (which is what made Sjll and me start this project in the first place), I have nothing but respect for their hard work.
Thanks for all your work. As a result, I still enjoy my XZ2C every day.
Greetings

TheeWolf

Oct 8, 2011
Hi,

I have a problem with the in call volume, it's way too loud, so loud people in the room can hear the other side.
Of course, I lowered the volume as much as possible but it's still way too loud.
After some Googling I may have found the solution which is changing some values in a file called mixer_paths.xml.
However I see there are four different mixel_paths files:

mixer_paths_i2s
mixer_paths_qvr
mixer_paths_skuk
mixer_paths_tavil

From what I understand, the values I need to change are DECn values (n - number):
<ctl name="DEC1 Volume" value="84" />
<ctl name="DEC2 Volume" value="84" />
<ctl name="DEC3 Volume" value="84" />
<ctl name="DEC4 Volume" value="84" />
<ctl name="DEC5 Volume" value="84" />
<ctl name="DEC6 Volume" value="84" />
<ctl name="DEC7 Volume" value="84" />
<ctl name="DEC8 Volume" value="84" />
<ctl name="DEC9 Volume" value="84" />
<ctl name="DEC10 Volume" value="84" />]

My questions:
1. Those values are in all of those files except for mixer_paths_i2s. So, which file do I have to change?
2. Can anyone confirm the DECn values really are the ones I need to change?

Thank you.

Last edited:

dtrunk90

Oct 29, 2021
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact
Xperia XZ2
Hi,

I have a problem with the in call volume, it's way too loud, so loud people in the room can hear the other side.
Of course, I lowered the volume as much as possible but it's still way too loud.
After some Googling I may have found the solution which is changing some values in a file called mixer_paths.xml.
However I see there are four different mixel_paths files:

mixer_paths_i2s
mixer_paths_qvr
mixer_paths_skuk
mixer_paths_tavil

From what I understand, the values I need to change are DECn values (n - number):
<ctl name="DEC1 Volume" value="84" />
<ctl name="DEC2 Volume" value="84" />
<ctl name="DEC3 Volume" value="84" />
<ctl name="DEC4 Volume" value="84" />
<ctl name="DEC5 Volume" value="84" />
<ctl name="DEC6 Volume" value="84" />
<ctl name="DEC7 Volume" value="84" />
<ctl name="DEC8 Volume" value="84" />
<ctl name="DEC9 Volume" value="84" />
<ctl name="DEC10 Volume" value="84" />]

My questions:
1. Those values are in all of those files except for mixer_paths_i2s. So, which file do I have to change?
2. Can anyone confirm the DECn values really are the ones I need to change?

Thank you.
What about simply lowering the call volume in settings > sound?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220101-152513_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20220101-152513_Trebuchet.png
    110.6 KB · Views: 15

odiad

Jun 12, 2007
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact
Hello,

expecting this is general issue with LOS18 - but maybe somebody can help. I installed gallery app, and app asked for access to SD card when I wanted to delete a photo. But I can't give access to root of SD card, only for folders on the SD card. But this is not accepted by the app. Any solution?

Regards Odiad

dtrunk90

Oct 29, 2021
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact
Xperia XZ2
Hello,

expecting this is general issue with LOS18 - but maybe somebody can help. I installed gallery app, and app asked for access to SD card when I wanted to delete a photo. But I can't give access to root of SD card, only for folders on the SD card. But this is not accepted by the app. Any solution?

Regards Odiad
First of all: Which gallery app?
To your question: This is not an LOS18 issue, it's a change which was introduced with Android 11 (Scoped storage): https://developer.android.com/about/versions/11/privacy/storage
You should contact the developer of that gallery app instead. It's their task to migrate from legacy to scoped storage: https://developer.android.com/training/data-storage/use-cases#migrate-legacy-storage

odiad

Jun 12, 2007
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact
First of all: Which gallery app?
To your question: This is not an LOS18 issue, it's a change which was introduced with Android 11 (Scoped storage): https://developer.android.com/about/versions/11/privacy/storage
You should contact the developer of that gallery app instead. It's their task to migrate from legacy to scoped storage: https://developer.android.com/training/data-storage/use-cases#migrate-legacy-storage
hello dtrunk90. It is "Quickpic Gallery: Photos and Videos". For me quite nice app, but as explained with problems to get write access on SD card.
Okay - thanks for the information.

GerogeRege

Jan 29, 2022
Jeeeessshhh... dis... is... really awesome work guys. So glad I finally stomached the courage to unlock my old faithful xz2c tank and boy what a reward

Short story, I went through all of this because my phone's display was acting strange. All of the sudden when using it the touchscreen randomly freezed. Volume buttons and screen display itself worked, but no touchy touchy. This was random and the only fix* was to lock and unlock the phone, which was meh at first but managed to take my kind soul in the end. So, after a new cheapo emmc internal storage phone (now dead), countless factory resets, setting configurations and an existential dilemma i decided this obviously obvious software issue is tied to android 10 so let's move to something else. So here we are, Lineage recovery, no issue so far, install steps simply work and Life is good... until... reality strikes again and freezes the touch again and also my mind in a retard state, because i had to admit it's a hardware issue since it's happening in recovery too. Such a good ROM tough : )
Anyway, for whomever might have this issue, just change your screen, or try squeezing it from the sides#nojok, this helped me instead of lock/unlock and seemed to last a bit longer too. Looking back, issue might have been caused by a too tight grip on the sides from a bike phone holder, maybe the pressure damaged a connector, or maybe even tanks get hurt : )

Returning to the ROM, it's awsome, I'm on the latest 2022-01-28 nightly which seems stable and smooth so far.
Camera is super decent, i mean maybe i had my hopes too low from other comments, but for me it's barely a downgrade(to me, sony cam is kinda lame anyway *without manual)
Went with the official lineage install steps from here - https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/xz2c/install
Everything was smooth... except for a small never ending sony boot logo screen after flashing los recovery(fastboot buttons and then quickly recovery buttons saved me)

Haven't tried calling, music, blt, gps, etc because i was to hyped finding out i need to change the display and no one knew, and they had to, apparently... but will definitely come back with more after using it longer as main.

So thanks you for this awesome rom.
In fact, do you guys accept donations? crypto? : )

dtrunk90

Oct 29, 2021
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact
Xperia XZ2
Jeeeessshhh... dis... is... really awesome work guys. So glad I finally stomached the courage to unlock my old faithful xz2c tank and boy what a reward

Short story, I went through all of this because my phone's display was acting strange. All of the sudden when using it the touchscreen randomly freezed. Volume buttons and screen display itself worked, but no touchy touchy. This was random and the only fix* was to lock and unlock the phone, which was meh at first but managed to take my kind soul in the end. So, after a new cheapo emmc internal storage phone (now dead), countless factory resets, setting configurations and an existential dilemma i decided this obviously obvious software issue is tied to android 10 so let's move to something else. So here we are, Lineage recovery, no issue so far, install steps simply work and Life is good... until... reality strikes again and freezes the touch again and also my mind in a retard state, because i had to admit it's a hardware issue since it's happening in recovery too. Such a good ROM tough : )
Anyway, for whomever might have this issue, just change your screen, or try squeezing it from the sides#nojok, this helped me instead of lock/unlock and seemed to last a bit longer too. Looking back, issue might have been caused by a too tight grip on the sides from a bike phone holder, maybe the pressure damaged a connector, or maybe even tanks get hurt : )

Returning to the ROM, it's awsome, I'm on the latest 2022-01-28 nightly which seems stable and smooth so far.
Camera is super decent, i mean maybe i had my hopes too low from other comments, but for me it's barely a downgrade(to me, sony cam is kinda lame anyway *without manual)
Went with the official lineage install steps from here - https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/xz2c/install
Everything was smooth... except for a small never ending sony boot logo screen after flashing los recovery(fastboot buttons and then quickly recovery buttons saved me)

Haven't tried calling, music, blt, gps, etc because i was to hyped finding out i need to change the display and no one knew, and they had to, apparently... but will definitely come back with more after using it longer as main.

So thanks you for this awesome rom.
In fact, do you guys accept donations? crypto? : )
Hey. Glad you like the rom. Most of the work was done by @Olivier and @Sjll and I'm the new maintainer beside of @Sjll

If you want to donate you can checkout my profile

Mateuszz

Feb 6, 2022
I wanted to upload this lineageos but I have the XZ2 dual H8266 version and I do not know if it is only for single sim?

Feb 7, 2022
Hi, is it correct, that USB OTG is not supported by this ROM? Can't find any settings and don't know, if it might be a problem with my device or due to the software.

Thank you very much and kind regards.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    dtrunk90
    Are there any plans to support 19.1 for XZ2c?
    Yes, work is in progress already. Nearly done. Only one blocker issue which prevents the user from answering the very first call after a clean flash because no notification appears. All following calls are working fine. But that's a blocker issue. So I have to fix that before going official.
    Jesus christ. I've wasted too much of my life using a broken rom. Why didn't you mention anything all those other times I've asked? I appreciate what you're doing but if we can't even install it properly, what's the point?

Ignore my first comments until I've had a chance to install it fresh.
    As I said, I don't have much time left. Doing support here on XDA is time consuming as hell. I only read here sporadically. And everything is written down in the wiki, like the "Report bugs!" section on https://wiki.lineageos.org/
    Have anyone manage to encrypt external storage? I just got a 256GB micro SD card, but I can't find a way to secure the data on it. I don't want all my pictures or documents to be open to the world if I somehow loose my phone. One way would be to expand the card as internal, but that option if grayed out for some reason, and there doesn't seem to be a way to use encfs on the external storage at all (or FDE for that sake). In 2022 data at rest encryption is a pretty crucial thing to have IMO.

[EDIT] Found a way to enable adoptable storage thru ADB with sm list-disks then sm partition disk: x,x private and sm set-force-adoptable on. After a reboot the option to use the card as internal storage was enabled. https://www.nextpit.com/how-to-format-microsd-cards-as-internal-storage
    Thank you! I believe mine was, since the guide said to do so. At least latest at the time.
    I updated today from a March build to the latest weekly, and I now cannot use mobile networks. Which is absolutely critical. I use Verizon. I'm getting a popup in my notifications from Open Devices ModemConfig that says:

Slot 0
    Modem Configuration: S8620.1
    Firmware file: default

I just tried reflashing, so now I've lost all my data and I'm still without a usable phone which is really not how I wanted to spend my Wednesday night. It looks like a lot of changes were made for the April 8th build for the modem, which I suspect might be the issue. Unfortunately, there are no older builds available to download. So in the meantime I guess I need to flash something else because I absolutely need my phone to work.

Has anyone else had similar issues?

@dtrunk90, While I am very upset and stressed about this situation, I do understand that you are working on this on your own time and that you probably have no control over how long builds stay up on the Lineage site.
    We have to add configs for S8620.1 - I'll check the stock firmware files and add them if i can find them. So next or second next build should be fine for verizon (S8620.1) again. ModemConfig was added because VoLTE wasn't working without flashing stock and enabling it manually. People were complaining about this and that's why I've added it. But there still seems to be some configs missing. It's easy as this to get them added: https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_device_sony_tama-common/+/329928

Sorry for the inconvenience
    Hi everyone,

The first official 18.1 build is up, enjoy: https://download.lineageos.org/xz2c
    A new build is up, please check the OP. Feel free to test and report bugs - we'd like to enable official 18.1 weekly builds soon.
    http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

NOTE
    Should you ever face any issues, capture logs. I also need to know what build you're on (build number or at least a date).
    Hint: "It doesn't work" is not a bug report and posts like this will be ignored.

KNOWN ISSUEs
    • The Sony stock camera does not work at the moment.

INFO
    This ROM does not use the device trees/kernel from sonyxperiadev (aka SODP). The device tree was made from scratch, and the stock kernel (based off 52.1.A.x.y) has been used.

DOWNLOAD
    Official builds

NOTE: Since the official builds are signed, you can't simply upgrade from my unofficial builds -- you can either migrate to an official build using a script or do a clean install.

All unofficial builds

INSTRUCTIONS
    Just flash the builds as usual. Make sure to be on the latest stock firmware.

SOURCE
    LineageOS
    Kernel
    CHANGELOG
    20210516:
    - fixed WiFi display/screen casting
    - addressed performance issues and lags

20210515:
    - updated to 18.1
    - fixed remaining most of the bugs
    - set SELinux to enforcing

20201128: