[ROM][11] LineageOS 18.1 [OFFICIAL]

Search This thread

userx404

NOTE
Should you ever face any issues, capture logs. I also need to know what build you're on (build number or at least a date).
Hint: "It doesn't work" is not a bug report and posts like this will be ignored.

Does anyone know where we can report bugs? I'm surprised the lineage team is okay with pushing out a nightly without a working speaker.

I sent some logs to @Olivier with an other issue, but not got a response jet.
I'm also interested whats the best way to put the mentioned logs.
@Cerhio
Is not a killer bug but it's a bug. But keep in mind LOS 18.1 for XZ2c is still really new (atm) and there could always be some bugs.

Cerhio

Feb 25, 2013
I sent some logs to @Olivier with an other issue, but not got a response jet.
I'm also interested whats the best way to put the mentioned logs.
@Cerhio
Is not a killer bug but it's a bug. But keep in mind LOS 18.1 for XZ2c is still really new (atm) and there could always be some bugs.
Thank you! I'll try and figure it out during my lunch break tomorrow.

landsome

May 4, 2015
By the way, what is the best way to update LOS18 from a previous nightly?

I have gapps and magisk installed, and that may complicate issues. I had no end of problems when updating on the LOS17.1 (again, with gapps and magisk), both OTP and via recovery.

Last edited:

30jp

Sep 25, 2020
By the way, what is the best way to update with gapps and magisk installed?

I had no end of problems when updating on the LOS17.1, both OPT and via recovery.
I wanted to install opengapp 10, but I couldn't. I think you need opengapp 11 for lineageOS 18.1, but it's not available on their site yet. So I don't have Google right now. You can download it through other channels, but I haven't tried that. Everything is working satisfactorily now without Google and won't have time to test things out for the next few weeks. Unless LineageOS 18.1 with MicroG is available for my XZ2 c.

landsome

May 4, 2015
I wanted to install opengapp 10, but I couldn't. I think you need opengapp 11 for lineageOS 18.1, but it's not available on their site yet. So I don't have Google right now. You can download it through other channels, but I haven't tried that. Everything is working satisfactorily now without Google and won't have time to test things out for the next few weeks. Unless LineageOS 18.1 with MicroG is available for my XZ2 c.
Thanks for the answer. Unfortunately, my question was not clear (I edited it the meantime).

I already have LOS18 with gapps and magisk installed. (Test opengapps for 11 are available here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/opengapps/files/arm64/test/; I have tested them on 4 phones and a dozen different ROMs, and they work flawlessly.)

Specifically, what I wanted to know was the best route for updating to a new nightly the LOS18 that I have already installed, keeping in mind that I use magisk and gapps. On the previous LOS17 I discovered that the only sure way to do it is: uninstall magisk, sideload the new nightly and gapps, then reinstall magisk. But that's very cumbersome.

30jp

Sep 25, 2020
Thanks for the answer. Unfortunately, my question was not clear (I edited it the meantime).

I already have LOS18 with gapps and magisk installed. (Test opengapps for 11 are available here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/opengapps/files/arm64/test/; I have tested them on 4 phones and a dozen different ROMs, and they work flawlessly.)

Specifically, what I wanted to know was the best route for updating to a new nightly the LOS18 that I have already installed, keeping in mind that I use magisk and gapps. On the previous LOS17 I discovered that the only sure way to do it is: uninstall magisk, sideload the new nightly and gapps, then reinstall magisk. But that's very cumbersome.
Hi Landsom,
Thanks for the Opengapps site, I hadn't found it yet, I will definitely use it one day. With the last update of 18.1, I also had to reinstall Magisk. That goes pretty quickly. Change Magisk apk to zip, boot into recovery and install Magisk zip. In Lineageoss 17.1 I never had to do that, ota update and done. I think I used payload dumper then, but I'm not sure anymore, to install Magisk. https://www.thecustomdroid.com/how-to-extract-android-payload-bin-file/
I don't remember exactly how I did that. The notes are at home and I'm on vacation now ;-)

I use LOS recovery to flash Magisk. I have the old Magisk 21 on my sdcard. After flashing, I install Magisk manager and update to 23 version (direct installation)... That's all (I don't use gapps).
Growing desperate here. Reinstalled LOS again after wiping the phone from LOSrecovery (is that the best way to wipe everything?). Then flashed Magisk 21.4 through LOSrecovery/ADB sideload, installed the Magisk App - and then mobile internet is gone. I am using Afwall and AdAway, but the internet isn't working even before that. Where could I grab a log that is relevant?
I also noticed WiFi having issues when connecting to a different router then my own. Am I facing a hardware issue?

Cerhio

Feb 25, 2013

Raphos

Jul 31, 2015
Elsass
Growing desperate here. Reinstalled LOS again after wiping the phone from LOSrecovery (is that the best way to wipe everything?). Then flashed Magisk 21.4 through LOSrecovery/ADB sideload, installed the Magisk App - and then mobile internet is gone. I am using Afwall and AdAway, but the internet isn't working even before that. Where could I grab a log that is relevant?
I also noticed WiFi having issues when connecting to a different router then my own. Am I facing a hardware issue?
Hi,

Sorry I have no idea… I'm just a lambda user... I'm using AdAway too but not Afwall.

Did you install LOS18 direct after stock ?

Sometime for custom rom installation you have to install the last stock rom at first, boot once on it so that the phone can catch something from your provider. Don't ask me what, I don't know.

Did you have a look at your Apn's ? I must always create a new one with good configurations, especially for MMS and sometimes for 4G.

I checked the APN's according to my provider and they are fine. The weird part is that it works until the point when I flash Magisk.
I had LOS 17.1 before and in LOS Wiki they say it requires latest Android 10 firmware. It's some time ago, but I remember having done that. Where do I check if it has everything it should, do you know?

Edit: I'm on RQ2A.210505.003

Ok wow, OTA resulted in bootloop today and it is definitely because of something being wrong with Magisk. Happy to wipe the whole thing and start fresh. Is LOS Recovery good enough for that? Asking because their wipe functionality only says "Factory Data Reset" or something, is that what I'm looking for? And for future experiments: Do I have to do the copy-partitions-**.zip part again and could that have been the problem all along (did it once obviously when initially installing LOS on the xz2c for the first time.

landsome

May 4, 2015
Ok wow, OTA resulted in bootloop today and it is definitely because of something being wrong with Magisk. Happy to wipe the whole thing and start fresh. Is LOS Recovery good enough for that? Asking because their wipe functionality only says "Factory Data Reset" or something, is that what I'm looking for? And for future experiments: Do I have to do the copy-partitions-**.zip part again and could that have been the problem all along (did it once obviously when initially installing LOS on the xz2c for the first time.
That should not have been the problem if OTA worked before - on LOS18.

My advice: if you start fresh, install the stock rom on A and B via newflasher (don't forget to boot both to desktop), then follow installation instructions to get LOS. Skip the copy partitions part if you do that.

As for the failed OTA, did you update from the previous LOS18 nightly?

Reactions: patroj
As for the failed OTA, did you update from the previous LOS18 nightly?
Yes but I don't think that's a ROM related problem. After I aborted boot and started it again, it finished booting with my Magisk modules disabled. I think there is a trouble maker among those.

And for your tips, thanks! Last weeks OTA worked without a problem. Do you mean flash stock on both partitions and then boot the phone (and I reckon with SIM in making it connect to mobile network, 4G and all?), then reboot to recovery and install LOS? And now as I'm in questioning mode: How important is the latest LOS recovery, does it have to be the same as the built all the time?

Reactions: Magchild
...+ thanks to faruk, I got VoLTE and VoWiFi to work ( O2 Germany )

Could you please link to the post that helped you? Or was it via other media?

Or post the full XDA username like @robert12345678 for example? Searching this thread with faruk returns only your post @ the present & by Member does not work because nobody is using faruk only.

landsome

May 4, 2015
Yes but I don't think that's a ROM related problem. After I aborted boot and started it again, it finished booting with my Magisk modules disabled. I think there is a trouble maker among those.

And for your tips, thanks! Last weeks OTA worked without a problem. Do you mean flash stock on both partitions and then boot the phone (and I reckon with SIM in making it connect to mobile network, 4G and all?), then reboot to recovery and install LOS? And now as I'm in questioning mode: How important is the latest LOS recovery, does it have to be the same as the built all the time?
Yes, exactly what I suggested.

I do not typically have the latest recovery. Rarely bother to update them. But maybe it's worth the bother, who knows...

Btw, OTA worked for me last time. With gapps and magisk. So I will just skip this one, I guess.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone,
    as some of you may already know, I've decided to step down as device maintainer for the Xperia XZ2 Compact.
    Thankfully, @dtrunk90 has volunteered to take over - he's a skilled dev who has already made valuable contributions in the past few months, and I'm sure he'll continue to do so.

That being said, I really enjoyed on this device. I want to thank @Sjll who made all of this possible and everyone contributing to the Xperia Open Devices Program -- even though we don't always share the same views (which is what made Sjll and me start this project in the first place), I have nothing but respect for their hard work.
    The first official 18.1 build is up, enjoy: https://download.lineageos.org/xz2c
    A new build is up, please check the OP. Feel free to test and report bugs - we'd like to enable official 18.1 weekly builds soon.
    http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

NOTE
    Should you ever face any issues, capture logs. I also need to know what build you're on (build number or at least a date).
    Hint: "It doesn't work" is not a bug report and posts like this will be ignored.

KNOWN ISSUEs
    • The Sony stock camera does not work at the moment.

INFO
    This ROM does not use the device trees/kernel from sonyxperiadev (aka SODP). The device tree was made from scratch, and the stock kernel (based off 52.1.A.x.y) has been used.

DOWNLOAD
    Official builds

NOTE: Since the official builds are signed, you can't simply upgrade from my unofficial builds -- you can either migrate to an official build using a script or do a clean install.

All unofficial builds

INSTRUCTIONS
    Just flash the builds as usual. Make sure to be on the latest stock firmware.

SOURCE
    LineageOS
    Kernel
    CHANGELOG
    20210516:
    - fixed WiFi display/screen casting
    - addressed performance issues and lags

20210515:
    - updated to 18.1
    - fixed remaining most of the bugs
    - set SELinux to enforcing

20201128: