[ROM] [11] LineageOS 18.1 [OFFICIAL]

Search This thread

fortunia

Mar 22, 2010
thanks for the great work. its a very good using experience.
but i still have a problem to report.

i'm using the app LINE for instant communications.
the microphone doesn't work in this app,
and it doesn't work on the vedio recording in the default cemera app, either.

i searched for the solusion on the internet, and found the mic issue on the vedio recording could be solved by switch to the open camera and turn the audio source in settings to the default audio source.

follow this way, i turned off the function of full hd voice in the phone call of LINE, and the mic finally worked on LINE.

i want to know that could the mic issue like this be solved by edit the files in the system\vender\etc\mixer_paths_XXX.xml to prevent it appears on any other app? thanks a lot.

TheeWolf

Oct 8, 2011
Hi,

I updated the ROM using the updater in the system settings. I then lost my Magisk root.
I was wondering if in order to get root again, I would need to again extract the boot image from the zip, patch it and install it in Magisk, or if I can use the previous boot image (from two weeks ago).

Also, I'm pretty sure it's Android 11 related but I'll ask here anyway - how do I disable that feature that auto plays what I last played when I re-connect my Bluetooth headphones?

Thanks!

trinhloivn

Apr 18, 2021
Hi,

I updated the ROM using the updater in the system settings. I then lost my Magisk root.
I was wondering if in order to get root again, I would need to again extract the boot image from the zip, patch it and install it in Magisk, or if I can use the previous boot image (from two weeks ago).

Also, I'm pretty sure it's Android 11 related but I'll ask here anyway - how do I disable that feature that auto plays what I last played when I re-connect my Bluetooth headphones?

Thanks!
flash magisk again i think it work

xueyaotianxia

Aug 9, 2016
Thank you for the ROM, it works great. Just the speakers aren't loud enough, also when recording. Is there any way to get louder speakers?

farukr1

Jan 10, 2014
Xperia XZ2
Is there a better camera than OpenCamera?
Quality isn't as good as stock camera on stock ROM :(
I tweaked OpenCamera and I like the images better now; try setting it to Camera2API and disabling edge mode & noise reduction algorithm in processing settings of OpenCamera. Colors are more natural and photos aren't oversharpened. Problem is low light images will have that notorious IMX400 noise all over, front camera even more so...

(edit: u can also try HedgeCam 2 (OpenCamera fork), it is more customizable and some modes work better than on OpenCamera)

Reactions: Haldi4803

Haldi4803

Last edited:
Reactions: farukr1

Trace.Oneil

Hello everyone,so i have done a quick read-through of the posts to the thread and it has left me somewhat confused with all the different ways to install LineageOS 18 on my Xperia XZ2.

Can someone please give me a detailed step by step of what to do? It is my first time attempting all this so some guidance is needed. At this stage,my XZ2 model H8216 is rooted on the stock sony firmware build 52.1.A.3.49 using Magisk. I also have TWRP recovery and would like to keep the recovery and successfully install LineageOS 18 with root intact also.

How do i do this correctly please?

dtrunk90

Oct 29, 2021
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact
Xperia XZ2
Hello everyone,so i have done a quick read-through of the posts to the thread and it has left me somewhat confused with all the different ways to install LineageOS 18 on my Xperia XZ2.

Can someone please give me a detailed step by step of what to do? It is my first time attempting all this so some guidance is needed. At this stage,my XZ2 model H8216 is rooted on the stock sony firmware build 52.1.A.3.49 using Magisk. I also have TWRP recovery and would like to keep the recovery and successfully install LineageOS 18 with root intact also.

How do i do this correctly please?
See https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/akari/install#installing-lineageos-from-recovery
At step 6 you can install optionally install opengapps and/or Magisk-v23.apk
Make a backup of your data because you have to wipe data.
Keep in mind that the instructions are made for lineage recovery. If you want to stick with TWRP you need to find the options through the UI yourself. Shouldn't be that difficult though.

Trace.Oneil

See https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/akari/install#installing-lineageos-from-recovery
At step 6 you can install optionally install opengapps and/or Magisk-v23.apk
Make a backup of your data because you have to wipe data.
Thanks,i did look at this but they confused me at step 5. With their sideloading,not sure if i understand it correctly. They say sideload from device by selecting apply update. Is this from twrp or is it on my powered up phone installing like any other app? And then,do i have to install it again with adb too after?

dtrunk90

Oct 29, 2021
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact
Xperia XZ2
Thanks,i did look at this but they confused me at step 5. With their sideloading,not sure if i understand it correctly. They say sideload from device by selecting apply update. Is this from twrp or is it on my powered up phone installing like any other app? And then,do i have to install it again with adb too after?
You can either put the lineage zip onto your sd card and install from there or keep the zip on your pc and run adb sideload filename.zip
IIRC in twrp the latter one can be found in Advanced

dtrunk90

Oct 29, 2021
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact
Xperia XZ2
@dtrunk90 i went back and checked now. It is not step 5 that confused me,sorry. It was the pre-intall instructions that confused me
Ok, so just go into TWRP (after you did your backup) and install that copy partitions zip (either from sd card or using adb sideload) - same process as you would do with any other zip installation through recovery. Don't forget to reboot into recovery afterwards so you don't mix up your A/B slots.

Trace.Oneil

Ok, so just go into TWRP (after you did your backup) and install that copy partitions zip (either from sd card or using adb sideload) - same process as you would do with any other zip installation through recovery. Don't forget to reboot into recovery afterwards so you don't mix up your A/B slots.
Alright,thank you. Now i understand better,hopefully i get it done right now. 😂

hotcakes_shinku

Sep 27, 2016
Xperia XZ2
Sony Xperia 1 III
I noticed that with Magisk Installed, Magisk/ota update tends to break when you don't update every Lineage build. Meaning you cannot update v1 to v3 and skip v2. I was dilligent in updating to every new build hence so far why I had no issues with Magisk. Until recently that is since I got a new phone. I skipped one or two builds and my Magisk and/or OTA kept breaking. However after confirming that, I kept on updating with every new build and so far nothing has broken.

Trace.Oneil

@dtrunk just to let you know,my device flashed lineage and it booted. But the Gapps i flashed and Magisk werent installed. I also no longer have TWRP recovery. Only the LineageOS Recovery

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Good news, we will go 18.1 official in next week.
    2okPze5.png

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */
    About LineageOS
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11.x (R),
    which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS GitHub repo.
    And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Official LineageOS website : http://lineageos.org
    About LineageOS Legal : http://lineageos.org/legal/

Important Information
    1. This ROM has nothing related to ODM images! So you don't need to ask/install anything like that, just follow the instructions.
    2. This ROM will never work with any versions of Google Camera (GCam)!
    3. You need to flash Stock Android 10 before flashing this ROM.
    4. For VoLTE, you need to boot into stock firmware and enable it before flashing this ROM!

Downloads Links
    LineageOS website

Google Applications (optional):
    MindTheGapps
    Information: Flash the GApps before the first boot. If not, a clean flash is recommended.

Flashing and updating
    How to flash

Make sure you are upgrade to Official Android 10.0 from Sony
    Unlock bootloader is necessary.
    To disable AVB 2.0 using fastboot:
    Code:
    fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
    For vbmeta.img, you can download it anywhere you found.
    More steps see wiki

Never flash oem from SODP!!
    If you flashed oem and meet any issues, I could only say you are a hanhan.

Root access:
    Flash Magisk in recovery.

Twrp:
    You could download it here: Link
    Code:
    fastboot boot twrp.img

Issues and reports

Report issues only if you are using the ROM kernel
    If an additional mod is installed, make sure it's unrelated, and mention it
    Make sure the issue wasn't discussed earlier in the threads
    Share a log of the error with CatLog for example

Also thanks to:
    Olivier
    Luk1337
    The LineageOS Team
    The CyanogenMod Team
    The SODP Team
    Everyone involved in working and testing

XDA:DevDB Information
    Lineage 18.1 for Xperia XZ2, ROM for the Xperia XZ2

Contributors
    Sjll, Olivier
    Source Code: https://github.com/sony-sdm845

Donation
    https://paypal.me/sjllls

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.9
    ROM Firmware Required: Official Android 10.0 firmware
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2020-11-27
    Last Updated 2021-05-26
    Glad to tell everyone who are waiting for LineageOS 18.1.
    I uploaded the 20210515 build for Akari, but I don't have device to test.
    From the result on XZ3, everything works fine.
    Please test and feedback, if there is no bug, we will get official 18.1 support sson.
    So latest build is 18.0 from November?
    Seems a big pause in development.
    I will try building with the 18.1 sources on Lineage GitHub and see what happens.....

Edit: Fixed the build errors but it wont boot and devs seem to have moved on.
    Back to 17.1 nightlies
    I don't have battery drain issue to begin with so can't tell the difference sadly, but yeah flashed and everything still works fine as before!
    Uploaded a new lineage-18.1-20210515-unofficial-akari.zip again.
    This removed 2 crashing prebuilt system Apps, enjoy.