• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11] LineageOS 18.1 [OFFICIAL]

Search This thread

Faieqwan

Jan 14, 2017
followed exactly as guided by lineageos official website. flashed gapps. but there is problem when trying to add a google account. the screen turns black (it is like it hanged) then nothing happen. basically i cannot add an account. could someone help me out ?

Alex5699

Apr 14, 2013
St Johns
Sony Xperia Z
Sony Xperia Z1
Update: At first I flashed the stock package(opengapps) . Then I tried the full package(opengapps) and now everything went well.
Now the other problem is battery is quite drained. Tried to calibrate the battery but it did not work yet(maybe).
If you don't use nfc, to fix the battery drain use adb remove the app it self

Adb shell
Pm uninstall -k --user 0 ( the package name address )

Faieqwan

Jan 14, 2017
installed update build 20211022(previously 20211015) using builtin app. once it tries to boot to system, it says "can't load android system" and may need to do factory reset. is there any method to not do the factory reset?

amarmak

Feb 11, 2012
Hi Guys,

Im from Pakistan and my A72 just got mugged. Looking to buy an XZ3 as they are dirt cheap right now. I have a Japanese Z3 with a locked bootloader so cannot install custom rom.

Can you kindly answer if the Japanese XZ3 is also bootloader locked. Anyone from Pakistan here who bought the XZ3. Thanks

duckwind

Jan 5, 2016
Hi Guys,

Im from Pakistan and my A72 just got mugged. Looking to buy an XZ3 as they are dirt cheap right now. I have a Japanese Z3 with a locked bootloader so cannot install custom rom.

Can you kindly answer if the Japanese XZ3 is also bootloader locked. Anyone from Pakistan here who bought the XZ3. Thanks

If you have the phone you can go to developer settings (activated by clicking a couple of time on build version) and unlock the bootloader under OEM Unlocking, which is 6th item as you open the dev settings.

duckwind

Jan 5, 2016
Can someone give me info whether you can revert back to stock if Lineage OS doesn't work well with me (or i brick it). I mean full stock, ROM AND firmware, so I can use the Sony factory reset through PC?

amarmak

Feb 11, 2012
Unfortunately the phone is not in my hands.... I am asking about the boatloader lock in system menu *#*#73788423#*#*

Or does the Oem unlock feature in the settings override it?
If you have the phone you can go to developer settings (activated by clicking a couple of time on build version) and unlock the bootloader under OEM Unlocking, which is 6th item as you open the dev settings.

Last edited:

duckwind

Jan 5, 2016
Can anyone tell me the quailty of the camera app? And is there any way to revert back to Sony Android if I don't like LOS?

dtrunk90

Oct 29, 2021
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact
Xperia XZ2
Can anyone tell me the quailty of the camera app? And is there any way to revert back to Sony Android if I don't like LOS?
For me personally the quality is good enough. But not as good as with Sony Camera. Sony Camera can't be installed on 18.1 yet because of some errors.

Yes, you can go back to stock if you don't like LOS but DRM keys are getting deleted when unlocking the bootloader. Make a backup of the TA partition if you want to keep them. You can use XperiFirm to get latest stock firmware and flashtool to flash it back onto the device.

Reactions: duckwind

duckwind

Jan 5, 2016
For me personally the quality is good enough. But not as good as with Sony Camera. Sony Camera can't be installed on 18.1 yet because of some errors.

Yes, you can go back to stock if you don't like LOS but DRM keys are getting deleted when unlocking the bootloader. Make a backup of the TA partition if you want to keep them. You can use XperiFirm to get latest stock firmware and flashtool to flash it back onto the device.

Thanks man. Finally a decent answer here haha. Have you tried using Magisk, believe it or not there was a thread somewhere that some Magisk module enabled Camera2Api, which enables you to use Google Camera app?

And what were the DRM keys for again? Something with Netflix or?

dtrunk90

Oct 29, 2021
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact
Xperia XZ2
Thanks man. Finally a decent answer here haha. Have you tried using Magisk, believe it or not there was a thread somewhere that some Magisk module enabled Camera2Api, which enables you to use Google Camera app?

I'm using Magisk, yes. But just for being able to use GPay. Didn't tried the GCam myself but I've read that somewhere too.

Afaik the DRM keys are for camera quality and some sony specific camera/audio features. DRM keys are emulated though. But I don't have any comparison. Would need to do some more research to give you more appropriate answers on that.

duckwind

Jan 5, 2016
I'm using Magisk, yes. But just for being able to use GPay. Didn't tried the GCam myself but I've read that somewhere too.

Afaik the DRM keys are for camera quality and some sony specific camera/audio features. DRM keys are emulated though. But I don't have any comparison. Would need to do some more research to give you more appropriate answers on that.
Sorry for many questions dude. Do you mean by emulation that they can be used as if they are not erased? and can the be reverted when I do the backup?

dtrunk90

Oct 29, 2021
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact
Xperia XZ2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sorry for many questions dude. Do you mean by emulation that they can be used as if they are not erased? and can the be reverted when I do the backup?
    Looks like that's the case, yes. But that's just what I've read after some google research. There's also a reddit about what the drm keys are for https://www.reddit.com/r/SonyXperia/comments/ffgybh
    2okPze5.png

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */
    About LineageOS
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11.x (R),
    which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS GitHub repo.
    And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Official LineageOS website : http://lineageos.org
    About LineageOS Legal : http://lineageos.org/legal/

Important Information
    1. This ROM will never work with any versions of Google Camera (GCam)!
    2. You need to flash Stock Android 10 before flashing this ROM.
    3. For VoLTE, you need to boot into stock firmware and enable it before flashing this ROM!
    4. Do not flash odm image from SODP.

Downloads Links
    LineageOS website

Google Applications (optional):
    MindTheGapps
    Information: Flash the GApps before the first boot. If not, a clean flash is recommended.

Flashing and updating
    How to flash

Make sure you are upgrade to Official Android 10.0 from Sony
    Unlock bootloader is necessary.
    To disable AVB 2.0 using fastboot:
    Code:
    fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img

Sideload LineageOS in Lineage Recovery
    You can refer to wiki

Warning: If you stuck at boot animation, you need to unplug your TF card.

Root access:
    Sideload Magisk in recovery.

Issues and reports

Report issues only if you are using the ROM kernel
    If an additional mod is installed, make sure it's unrelated, and mention it
    Make sure the issue wasn't discussed earlier in the threads
    Share a log of the error with CatLog for example

Also thanks to:
    Luk1337
    The LineageOS Team
    The CyanogenMod Team
    The SODP Team
    Everyone involved in working and testing

XDA:DevDB Information
    Lineage 18.1 for Xperia XZ3, ROM for the Xperia XZ3

Contributors
    Sjll, Olivier
    Source Code: https://github.com/sony-sdm845

Donation
    https://paypal.me/sjllls

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.9
    ROM Firmware Required: Official Android 10.0 firmware
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2021-05-14
    Last Updated 2021-05-15
    Im going to try this! I am so excited... I have DUAL version (H9436), i hope it will be OK. :)

Do you have your own bugreport?
    No bug found with OTA update.
    Tested again, everything is fine with clean installation on 0515 version. I will upload it soon.
    We will be LineageOS official soon.
    Glad to tell everyone here, XZ3 will get LineageOS 18.1 official support next week.
    i notice people dont really answer in here