[ROM][11]LineageOS 18/18.1 Z4Tablet[SGP712/771]

Search This thread

ikoretsky

Feb 12, 2007
Kyiv
I did a clean install with date and system format.
Bigger games are not installed.

sabar_op do you have a tablet? Or do you make assemblies without it?

mcfisch

New update : see my link in 1st post
Changelog :
- May security patch
- Kernel update (fs exfat and ext4, cpu governor, and include silent some log spam).
- fix obb folder issue (i.e can't install big games). Need to clear data of playstore and restart the device.
On my device with the new version the Bluetooth issue is back again, can't enable it.

alex009988

Jun 8, 2011
I did a clean install with date and system format.
Bigger games are not installed.

sabar_op do you have a tablet? Or do you make assemblies without it?
Syslog or logcat please. We need to be ready that this bug maybe be never fixed. Sabar doesn't have sdcard and without sdcard big games should install well. Being the developer is a hard and often ungratefull work that takes huge period of time.
Bluetooth may not work because of SELinux enforced.
I also wanna say without the sabar we would have los14 and no more. And even what I built, some nougat roms, I did that with his huge help. So we must really grateful to him.

mcfisch

Bluetooth is working in my device...
As alex009988 said, grab a log and send me through pm.
My log is at https://gist.github.com/mcfisch/4d4ceaf37f3cdfcf5d3127f6bc234189.

I also can't get the encryption going. Other than on another device (Moto G5+) where I'm not getting any forward I here I'm at least still able to boot. The respective error that was logged (overlapping partitions due to not enough space or so) I was able to fix be shrinking /data, but it still doesn't encrypt. It just reboots and that's it.

sabar_op

Jun 30, 2010
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 Plus
My log is at https://gist.github.com/mcfisch/4d4ceaf37f3cdfcf5d3127f6bc234189.

I also can't get the encryption going. Other than on another device (Moto G5+) where I'm not getting any forward I here I'm at least still able to boot. The respective error that was logged (overlapping partitions due to not enough space or so) I was able to fix be shrinking /data, but it still doesn't encrypt. It just reboots and that's it.

You are using SGP712 (karin windy) and not tested by myself ( I am using SGP771).
In your log looks Bluetooth HAL is crashed...if in the prev version bluetooth is working it because SELinux is disabled. It means there's sepolicy denials during boot up. Try grab log once your device is boot as fast as you can or use your pc to adb logcat since power on to catch sepolicy denials.

Check prev post, encryption is still not working in this device.

Reactions: alex009988

JFK1975

Thanks for the new build(y) As mentioned before there is a Problem with deepsleep on my karinwindy since build Form may 6th. Device doesn't wakeup from deepsleep. Only way to "wakeup" the device is to push the Volume button + Power button.
Unfortunately same problem occures with the last build Form may 16th.
Ging back to last build from March.

sabar_op

Jun 30, 2010
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 Plus
Thanks for the new build(y) As mentioned before there is a Problem with deepsleep on my karinwindy since build Form may 6th. Device doesn't wakeup from deepsleep. Only way to "wakeup" the device is to push the Volume button + Power button.
Unfortunately same problem occures with the last build Form may 16th.
Ging back to last build from March.

Similar answer with prev post for karin windy...it may because SELinux...quickly grab a log once device boot up and send me through pm..

Reactions: JFK1975

torben5247

Apr 13, 2013
Thank you very much for the hard work.
Just wanted to share a small thing regarding battery consumption in stand by mode (wifi, lte off and battery save mode on. And no use).
The version 20210302 is using 0,1% pr. Hour
And the 20210516 are using 0,2% pr. Hour.
Just wanted to share my experince with you guy´s
Thanks again for keeping our z4 karin alive.
Kind regards Torben5247

Reactions: JFK1975

sabar_op

Jun 30, 2010
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 Plus
Thank you very much for the hard work.
Just wanted to share a small thing regarding battery consumption in stand by mode (wifi, lte off and battery save mode on. And no use).
The version 20210302 is using 0,1% pr. Hour
And the 20210516 are using 0,2% pr. Hour.
Just wanted to share my experince with you guy´s
Thanks again for keeping our z4 karin alive.
Kind regards Torben5247

Try latest boot.img in my link. Flash it using twrp.

Reactions: torben5247

torben5247

Apr 13, 2013
Hate to repport this, but there are an issue regarding deep sleep in the newest version even if a flashed the boot.img it uses 0,9% pr. hour when laying and no use, only wifi switched on. that is almost double consumption compaired with the version 20210302. But if wifi is switched of it is less than 0,1% pr. hour if it isnt used for 2 day´s or more.
Thanks for keeping our tablet karin allive, and thanks for the hard work ;-)

sabar_op

Jun 30, 2010
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 Plus
Hate to repport this, but there are an issue regarding deep sleep in the newest version even if a flashed the boot.img it uses 0,9% pr. hour when laying and no use, only wifi switched on. that is almost double consumption compaired with the version 20210302. But if wifi is switched of it is less than 0,1% pr. hour if it isnt used for 2 day´s or more.
Thanks for keeping our tablet karin allive, and thanks for the hard work ;-)

Yes...that's is a known issue in los18.1 and it's related to latest wifi HAL from lineageos which not supported by our legacy device kernel.

There may be some update to solve this issue...and I will update it in next build.

Reactions: torben5247

torben5247

Apr 13, 2013
Yes...that's is a known issue in los18.1 and it's related to latest wifi HAL from lineageos which not supported by our legacy device kernel.

There may be some update to solve this issue...and I will update it in next build.
the version 20210302 is much better regarding battery consumption.
I am usin that version again.
Thanks for your hard work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There is Android 11 ROM for Xperia Tablet Z4.
    It's quite stable.
    Kernel sources
    What doesn't work:
    - when the tablet is off, during charging, the diode will always light red;
    - external SD Card as internal storage;
    - restart into recovery;
    - tablet encryption;
    - SELinux proper configuration for a proper security.
    How to install:
    1) use TWRP 3.5.0.
    2) do factory reset (wipe)
    3) Flash the firmware, nik,bit or flamegapps , magisk 21 and that’s it.
    Change log:
    20201206- initial build.

Last builds (mirror) are here.
    Sabar_op link
    We must be infinite grateful to sabar_op for his hard work in development of this rom and Bernie and Tarkzim who help to update kernel for kitakami devices. :good:.
    Aside from security patch, anything changed?

There should be uodate in lineage source...
    Just uploading new rom with Aug security patch.
    After I will finish building oreo roms, i will build los17,18 and try to build los19 in case my venerable 8gb ram pc is able to do it.
    Once again you've done an excellent job @sabar_op !
    Made a full wipe before installing your last build. No more reboots vor s.th..
    Thank you very much.👏

Cool...
    I forget to announce that there is latest update of lineageos 18.1 for Z4 with July security patch. Check my link in first post.
    New update 20210506 : fix some sepolicy denials.