• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Development [ROM][11][Mojito][Sunny] Pixel Experience [OFFICIAL][AOSP]

Search This thread

Pachunko

Jul 19, 2021
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A
Redmi Note 10
Hi everyone! First post here, I have issue with PE plus ROM. I flashed via fastboot method. The ROM is super smooth in system and google services. But I get lag while scrolling through reddit and facebook. In the launcher it's super smooth, it stutters only when scrolling in apps. What can I do to stop this? On xiaomi roms it was the opposite - laggy in launcher, smooth scrolling in apps. Any help is appreciated, thanks :)

Abdullah.Csit

Feb 14, 2014
Iraq
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Hi everyone! First post here, I have issue with PE plus ROM. I flashed via fastboot method. The ROM is super smooth in system and google services. But I get lag while scrolling through reddit and facebook. In the launcher it's super smooth, it stutters only when scrolling in apps. What can I do to stop this? On xiaomi roms it was the opposite - laggy in launcher, smooth scrolling in apps. Any help is appreciated, thanks :)

Try NetErnels Kernel

Pachunko

Jul 19, 2021
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A
Redmi Note 10
Try NetErnels Kernel
I'll maybe try it as a last resort... It's weird that it lags at all... It's like it's loading while scrolling and it stutters from that. I'll maybe try factory reset first. Btw maybe not a ROM bug but my settings in chrome are not being saved... The default apps when opening reddit link for example or "never translate x language". Just so everyone's aware.

Abdullah.Csit

Feb 14, 2014
Iraq
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Redmi Note 9 Pro
I'll maybe try it as a last resort... It's weird that it lags at all... It's like it's loading while scrolling and it stutters from that. I'll maybe try factory reset first. Btw maybe not a ROM bug but my settings in chrome are not being saved... The default apps when opening reddit link for example or "never translate x language". Just so everyone's aware.

That's good 🙂
Because sometimes it's not rom issues maybe the same app, Kernel issue or flashing wasn't successfully 100%.
Besides some users restore backups which is making stability issues which I hope you didn't.

If you restore something just restore it manually without backup file

Reactions: Pachunko

IdunnoWhy66

May 17, 2020
Using PE+ for a week now. For me it seems that it has worse battery life than vanilla...On miui i had up to 3 days of battery with cca 5hr on screen time,now I can't pull out 48h without charging it with same screen on time... Other than that rom is smooth and didn't encounter any bugs.

sahbimath

Oct 11, 2015
I have the same issue here

Pachunko

Jul 19, 2021
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A
Redmi Note 10
That's good 🙂
Because sometimes it's not rom issues maybe the same app, Kernel issue or flashing wasn't successfully 100%.
Besides some users restore backups which is making stability issues which I hope you didn't.

If you restore something just restore it manually without backup file
Thanks for answering. I haven't done any backup restore or anything similar. I tried to flash it via TWRP but my Windows machine doesn't recognize the phone while in adb sideload mode (driver issue which I can't resolve and don't have time to investigate). Then I just flashed xiaomi.eu ROM with a script included via fastboot. After I saw that xiaomi.eu is as laggy as stock ROM I wiped data and flashed PE+ with OTA method from other thread then wiped data and rebooted. It worked flawlessly, only issue is this scrolling stutter. I'll try to do do a factory reset through PE recovery and report back.

I have the same issue here
Sorry to hear that, but good to know I'm not the only one :p Let me know if you have any luck with resolving this. What I found out so far is that scroll lag is related to app loading content as you scroll... But not sure how to prevent that.

Reactions: Abdullah.Csit

sahbimath

Oct 11, 2015
Thanks for answering. I haven't done any backup restore or anything similar. I tried to flash it via TWRP but my Windows machine doesn't recognize the phone while in adb sideload mode (driver issue which I can't resolve and don't have time to investigate). Then I just flashed xiaomi.eu ROM with a script included via fastboot. After I saw that xiaomi.eu is as laggy as stock ROM I wiped data and flashed PE+ with OTA method from other thread then wiped data and rebooted. It worked flawlessly, only issue is this scrolling stutter. I'll try to do do a factory reset through PE recovery and report back.

Sorry to hear that, but good to know I'm not the only one :p Let me know if you have any luck with resolving this. What I found out so far is that scroll lag is related to app loading content as you scroll... But not sure how to prevent that.
I have that while using chrome.

StaryMuz

Dec 27, 2012
Using PE+ for a week now. For me it seems that it has worse battery life than vanilla...On miui i had up to 3 days of battery with cca 5hr on screen time,now I can't pull out 48h without charging it with same screen on time... Other than that rom is smooth and didn't encounter any bugs.
This causes significant battery drain.

Parzival215

Aug 3, 2020
I have been using Pixel Experience Plus for my Redmi Note 10 for quite a while now. They only major 3 bugs I have noticed are:

01. Recorded Video with the stock camera have no sounds. Also the stock camera has an ugly icon. The default GCam icon is better.

Proposition: Port over the camera for Redmi Note 10 on this ROM and give it the GCam icon. I have found the stock camera for Redmi Note 10 is a lot better.

02. You can't set Google Assistant for you to respond when you say Hello/Ok Google. The option is greyed out and says it doesn't support the language even though I use only English.

03. Charging happens fast, but it says slowly charging.

Just letting developers know, so it might help them to fix or change these.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ugly.n.depressed

Top Liked Posts

Hi I'm using redme note 10 with PE+ and I'm facing several of issues.
    Please someone help me with this.

1) when I restart my device, the touch screen doesn't work. I thought it's a hardware problem at first but then I restarted it several times and then it started to work.?

It has happened to many times whenever I reboot/restart my phone?

2) Video doesn't record : whenever I try to record a video, it just records the audio with a still image. I just can't record a video. And sometimes the camera stutters/lags a lot while looking into it?

3) Gcam isn't working : it doesn't even open, it gives me error everytime I try to open it?

4) I was trying to update to the September version through the settings, it downloaded but failed to install, I tried many times but it says "install error"

I hope my message finds someone who knows what's going on and who can help.

Thank you.
    I can help you in this, becuase I have already faced these issues.
    First ,The touch screen issue will be solved after you flash the latest update. I can confirm this.
    2) Don't use Aosp camera instead use this - working gcam for redmi note 10 here's the link -

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16dfXnB7cFJ4JSfM6nqoxEw5GaBvrw_j4/view?usp=drivesdk

3) Use the above gcam , if you want more customisation, root your device , install anx camera. See this thread for more info -

I do not own any of this, every credit goes to the specific developer.I admire everyone.

4)If you are using TWRP, use Pixel Experience Recovery.

Hope it helps.
    Regards,
    Atharva Phadke
    Hi I'm using redme note 10 with PE+ and I'm facing several of issues.
    Please someone help me with this.

1) when I restart my device, the touch screen doesn't work. I thought it's a hardware problem at first but then I restarted it several times and then it started to work.?

It has happened many times whenever I reboot/restart my phone?

2) Video doesn't record : whenever I try to record a video, it just records the audio with a still image. I just can't record a video. And sometimes the camera stutters/lags a lot while looking into it?

3) Gcam isn't working : it doesn't even open, it gives me error everytime I try to open it?

4) I was trying to update to the September version through the settings, it downloaded but failed to install, I tried many times but it says "install error"

I hope my message finds someone who knows what's going on and who can help.

Thank you.
    I can help you in this, becuase I have already faced these issues.
    First ,The touch screen issue will be solved after you flash the latest update. I can confirm this.
    2) Don't use Aosp camera instead use this - working gcam for redmi note 10 here's the link -

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16dfXnB7cFJ4JSfM6nqoxEw5GaBvrw_j4/view?usp=drivesdk

3) Use the above gcam , if you want more customisation, root your device , install anx camera. See this thread for more info -

I do not own any of this, every credit goes to the specific developer.I admire everyone.

4)If you are using TWRP, use Pixel Experience Recovery.

Hope it helps.
    Regards,
    Atharva Phadke
    Thanks for the link, the camera worked.
    You're a life saver.
    Thanks for the link, the camera worked.
    You're a life saver.
    Welcome🤗😊
    Hi, I'm facing Call issue, mic and speaker work fine, Google Assistant can hear my voice, Phone Call app work fine, but in 3rd apps like Facebook Messenger is not, I have tried make a call in Messenger, the speaker and mic does not work, already grant all permisions, I'm using Global phone and latest build and plus version
    The developer already told that the fix will come next week , so please wait.
    Source Changelog:
    • September security patch
    • Updated translations
    • Fixed safetynet
    • Others fixes

Device Changelog:
    • Decommonized display color modes
    • Dropped useless soundtrigger
    • Updated WI-Fi display blobs from CAF
    • Defined OEM fast charge sysfs node
    • Set voice call volume steps to 10
    • Addressed more sepolicy rules
    • Added Xiaomi mlipay service blobs
    • Added Alipay and WeChat fingerprint payment support
    • Updated USB init configs from CAF tag
    • Added missing usb props
    • Switched to old touch FW
    • Updated device cutout corners
    • Dropped useless/unused blobs
    • Fixed touch issue
    • Fixed wifi display cast
    • Fixed thermal crash
    • Fixed Whatsapp/third party apps volume controls
    • Improved kernel optimization
    • Rest I forgot
    ! New Update (22/08/21) !

Source Changelog:
    • August security patch
    • Translations updated
    • Minor bug fixes

Device Changelog:
    • Initial oss build
    I had installed Pixel Experience Plus for my Redmi Note 10 back in early May. Because MIUI had an ugly grey control center that I couldn't look at. Had been using this ROM for almost 4 months now. And finally I reinstalled MIUI yesterday because they fixed the issues at 12.5 upgrade. I won't be active on this forum anymore. But before I go, I want to thank the developers and the amazing community for giving us a wonderful custom ROM so quickly. It was very refreshing to use this ROM. So here's some major bug with this ROM and how I dealt with it. You guys might find it useful. So I am leaving my tip.

01. Issue no 1. Camera doesn't work properly
    Solution: Root the device and install magisk. Then install ANX camera via magisk and flash an add-on for Redmi Note 10. This will give you your stock Redmi Note 10 camera.

02. Issue no 2. Hey/OK Google doesn't work.
    Solution: There is none. It is a compromise if you are fan of google assistant.

03. Issue no 3. Fast charge not working.
    Solution: It is actually working, at least for Pixel Experience Plus in Redmi Note 10. But the charging detection software has a bug, so it says - charging slowly. But in truth, it's charging fast if you are using your stock charger. So don't worry,

04. Issue no 4. AR softwares don't work.
    Solution: There is none. You have to compromise this feature.

Bonus issue, not bug. There is no FM Radio Tuner.
    Solution: Every FM tuner on playstore uses internet and shows ads. But there are some FM tuners that uses local hardware and works just like your stock FM radio. So find one of those and install them.

Thanks. <3 That is all. I have not found any other issues with this custom ROM in my 4 months of use.
    Users of Pixel Experience, why do u use this rom over Pixel+ ui and crDroid ?
    I don't recommend one rom over other. Test both & find the one that suits your needs...
    No . only for Note 10 4G
    they are different phones

GtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience for Redmi Note 10 [mojito/sunny]

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11.0

Whats working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    Fingerprint reader
    Lights
    Sound / vibration

Known issues
    Nothing

HOW TO FLASH PE
    Guide

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel

ZIDAN44 is not active on XDA since the end of May. Must be some personal problems. If his health permits, I'm sure he'll be back again. This kind of work is also a personal interest and pleasure of every developer. The only question is whether he will continue his original work.
    Ha ha.. Updates will come soon.. :D
    Source Changelog:
    • September security patch
    • Updated translations
    • Fixed safetynet
    • Others fixes

Device Changelog:
    • Decommonized display color modes
    • Dropped useless soundtrigger
    • Updated WI-Fi display blobs from CAF
    • Defined OEM fast charge sysfs node
    • Set voice call volume steps to 10
    • Addressed more sepolicy rules
    • Added Xiaomi mlipay service blobs
    • Added Alipay and WeChat fingerprint payment support
    • Updated USB init configs from CAF tag
    • Added missing usb props
    • Switched to old touch FW
    • Updated device cutout corners
    • Dropped useless/unused blobs
    • Fixed touch issue
    • Fixed wifi display cast
    • Fixed thermal crash
    • Fixed Whatsapp/third party apps volume controls
    • Improved kernel optimization
    • Rest I forgot
    Changelog:
    • Tuned vibration patterns values
    • Updated brightness overlays from sunfish
    • Added some library in pinner service list
    • Switched to OSS CAF kernel
    • Fixed device model props
    • Fixed low brightness
    [email protected]@@@@
    1) Please provide for gaming rom in redmi note 10 - May 12, 2021
    2) Please provide gaming rom and gaming kernel for redmi note 10 - May 13, 2021
    3) Please provide gaming rom and gaming kernel - May 13, 2021
    4) Provide gaming rom please - May 13, 2021
    5) Please provide gaming rom in redmi note 10 - May 16, 2021
    6) How is the gaming performance pubg - May 17, 2021
    7) How is the gaming performance in PUBG - Saturday at 2:03 PM
    8) Please provide gaming rom in redmi note 10 - Today at 5:33 PM

Redmi Note 10 is not a game phone.