• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Development [ROM][11][Mojito][Sunny] Project Sakura [OFFICIAL][AOSP]

Search This thread

dsashwin

Dec 23, 2020
Muscat
Redmi Note 8
Xiaomi Poco X2
1630148905289.png

Project Sakura is a custom ROM based on Lineage OS, It tries to remain true to it while also providing some more functionality and UI changes. Its sole purpose is to provide a platform that is powered by Lineage and is more customisable than Lineage.

1630148958156.png
Code:
* Your warranty is now void.
* We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone by installing any custom ROMs and/or kernels.
* You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers.

"This is a user-friendly thread, all your suggestions are important to us and will be taken into consideration."

1630149080203.png

CLEAN/FIRST TIME FLASH :
- Download the Build (GApps Included)
- Reboot to recovery (Almost any recovery would work)
- Take backup (optional)
- Flash your firmware(If required)
- Factory Reset
- Reboot To Recovery
- Flash the ROM (Using TWRP/OFox recommended)
- Reboot to Recovery (Lineage OS Recovery should appear)
- Reboot to system
- Enjoy

UPDATE/DIRTY FLASH :
- Download the Build [to PC/SDCARD if using Lineage OS Recovery]
- Take backup (optional)
- Reboot to recovery
- Flash the ROM.zip [ADB Sideload if using Lineage OS Recovery]
- Reboot to system
- In case this results in bootloops, clean flash again (that's why I asked to take a backup prior to updating)
- Enjoy

OVER-THE-AIR (OTA) UPDATE :

Make sure you're using Lineage OS Recovery, it may not work with other recoveries. If even after following proper steps here, it says "Update Failed" or something, report to me [READ MORE]. Check if OTA is mentioned as a bug in the post below.

- Take backup (optional)
- Go to Settings > Sakura Configs > Sakura Updates > System Updates
- You can check for updates by clicking the update icon on the top-right
- If there are no updates found, check you are asked to clean flash in our Official Project Sakura Updates Channel, if yes, follow the first guide to clean flash, if not, after making sure that you have a proper internet connection, try rebooting the system. If still says not found, follow the Update guide on top.
- After the updater finds the update, click on Download, and hold the update if you want to switch mirrors.
- Let the update download and once it is done, it should inform you thru notification
- Once it is done, click on install and it should start installing, this does take longer than flashing it manually, but here we can go back and continue doing what you want to do, while it is updating. Maybe go continue the movie you were watching.
- Once that is done, select Reboot and... Tada, you're in the latest version of Project Sakura.
- In case this results in bootloops, clean flash again (that's why I asked to take a backup prior to updating)

NOTE: While ADB Sideloading, if the installation process reports the message (~47%) adb: failed to read the command: No error, do not worry, the process was completed successfully and you can restart the device. )
1630149479824.png

Download

1630149644100.png

-Lineage OS
-AOSP
-Superior OS
-AOSiP
-DerpFest
-Pixel Experience
-Extended UI
-Havoc OS
-CrDroid ROM

1630149698115.png

Buy the founder of Project Sakura a coffee
(it's going directly to him and not to me)

ko-fi link

1630165621957.png

1630165668266.png
Project Sakura Source
Project Sakura Device Related Trees

1630165843978.png

Telegram Support Group
Device-Specific Telegram Support Group

REPORTING BUGS!
As soon as the problem occurs, take a logcat

Read this for more

1630166036910.png

Project Sakura, ROM for codename
Device:
mojito / sunny
Maintainer: Ashwin DS
Build Type: Official

Contributors
Zidan44
@wholetthedogout (ANX Camera)
Kernel Source:
https://github.com/PixelExperience-Devices/kernel_xiaomi_mojito/

ROM OS Version: 11.0
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.14.x
ROM Firmware Required: Must be on Latest Firmware
Based On: LineageOS 18.1
Changelogs: Click Me
Bugs: Click Me

Version Information
Stable
Current Stable Version: 5.2
SELinux Status: Enforced
Initial Release Date: 24/08/2021

Last edited:

dsashwin

Dec 23, 2020
Muscat
Redmi Note 8
Xiaomi Poco X2
Changelogs here:
Find Changelogs on our OTA repo and in the downloads page too

====== 12 October 2021 ======
- Added stock HVDCP props
- Fixed camera video recoding issue
- Fixed screen recoding lags
- Removed ANX camera
- Added Snap Camera
- Include Neternels Kernel
- Enabled Smart Charging

====== 26 September 2021 ======
- Fixed libperfmgr nodes crash
- Added power stats moke service hals
- Fixed FPS Meter
- Smarter decisions on whether to use 2/5Ghz AP
- Disabled wifi firmware logging
- Disabled NUD failure occurs logging
- Added stock permission for hwcomposer service
- Fixed ueventd permissions crash
- Switched to multihal sensor service hal to 2.1
- Enabled Wi-Fi hals power saving
- Switched to Codec2 by default
- Enabled Codec2 input surface
- Enabled dalvik dex2oat64
- Fixed props crashes in logs
- Added minimal xiaomi parts
- Fixed SDM and ultrasound_extn crashes
- Fixed whatsapp mic delay or crashes
- Improved overall system performance
- Mic issue is fixed other variant

====== 22 September 2021 ======
- Update blobs from V12.5.3.0.RKGMIXM
- Added main display cutout overlays
- Fixed dimens values for display cutout
- Updated brightness overlay configs
- Added camera cutout ring like MIUI
- Removed virtual framebuffer cmdline
- Labeled some more wakeup nodes
- Mic issue is fixed for some people

====== 20 September 2021 ======
- [OTA] Now use "Seamless Updates" to update to the latest version with just a restart

====== 16 September 2021 ======
- Fixed touch issue
- Decommonized display color modes
- Drop soundtrigger hal
- Update blobs from CAF
- import Xiaomi mlipay service blobs
- Added Alipay and WeChat fingerprint payment support
- More misc changes

====== 15 September 2021 ======
- Sync latest source changes
- Fix SafetyNet failing

====== 03 September 2021 ======

====== 24 August 2021 ======
- Initial official build

Last edited:

dsashwin

Dec 23, 2020
Muscat
Redmi Note 8
Xiaomi Poco X2
Existing Device Side Bugs (On build released on 12/10/2021)
[Updated on 13th October 2021]

- You tell me

If you think the bug is source side and NOT device side, skip the rest of the post and read the official Project Sakura Wiki and also report in Project Sakura Official Telegram Chat

How to [properly] report bugs?
What do I do when I encounter a bug?
Support Group
  1. Check if you are getting the issue, every time you do something, or if it is a one time issue
  2. Report it on our Telegram Group with all the information you think is important and look if its a known issue or is there a fix already
  3. Get to know if others are reporting it too, refer to XDA and/or Telegram Group
  4. If you are rooted/using a custom kernel, try unrooting and switching between kernels or switch back to the stock kernel. If using a different kernel fixed your issue, report it to me in my Telegram Group or leave a reply here.
  5. If the issue persists, take a back up then format data via recovery [clean flash]
  6. If the issue still persists, take logs when the issue occurs [Click me for guide] and report with all the information you think is important (like, did you face this in the previous version, is this a bug in many other ROMs too, what have you tried till now, how do I replicate your issue on my device)
  7. If you have not faced the issue in the previous build, then feel free to go back to that if you want to.
If you report saying "Youtube crash" without properly following the procedure above, your bug report shall be ignored, instead say "Youtube app crashes on my phone when I am trying to watch a video at 4k 60fps, I have dirty flashed this build from the exactly previous build thru OTA here are logs for the same" and give proper logs, you might as well get your bug fixed, it's not too hard to report bugs properly.

Last edited:

WilcyWilson

May 6, 2021
Redmi Note 10
Believe me, You will return to AOSP 😀 Then just back to MIUI then you will return to AOSP ... and so on.

just enjoy flashing ❤️
I have stuck with crdroid for a long time. I don't think I will be jumping to any other ROM anytime soon. MIUI, that is a hell no for me. Its too clunky and laggy, and you can tell as soon as you install it.

akoaypinoy

Aug 1, 2021
What latest firmware means required? My problem is I don't know how to get back on stock 12.0.5 . When I'm flashing on mi tool it say "metadata is not allowed on snaphotted state" and now I'm stuck at ancient rom which have anx camera

UniNick

Dec 6, 2020

akoaypinoy

Aug 1, 2021
check this solution (post #65):

Sir thank you for reply but when I click fastboot.exe it will not show any cmd . I don't know why. I've installed sdk platform tools but nothing's happen

akoaypinoy

Aug 1, 2021
You need to give fastboot commands from within windows command prompt or terminal...

Sir can I ask you again. If my decision stay on custom Rom with android 11 . When it comes that have a custom Rom android 12 can I directly install that Rom without install stock Rom then install custom rom. I mean some basis that need first install stock Rom that have android 12 before install custom rom that android 12. U get it sir? Sorry for my English I'm Filipino here 😁

UniNick

Dec 6, 2020
Sir can I ask you again. If my decision stay on custom Rom with android 11 . When it comes that have a custom Rom android 12 can I directly install that Rom without install stock Rom then install custom rom. I mean some basis that need first install stock Rom that have android 12 before install custom rom that android 12. U get it sir? Sorry for my English I'm Filipino here 😁
depends on the custom Rom... in any case you should backup your apps in case a clean flash (deleting all data) is required.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    cool thanks for the heads up. Btw is PE+ stable enough for everyday use?
    now i flashed Project Sakura because of new update right now.
    Yes ... PE+ is stable , i used it for a month...
    I recommend you PE+ and Sakura for daily usage ;)
    1630148905289.png

Project Sakura is a custom ROM based on Lineage OS, It tries to remain true to it while also providing some more functionality and UI changes. Its sole purpose is to provide a platform that is powered by Lineage and is more customisable than Lineage.

1630148958156.png
    Code:
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone by installing any custom ROMs and/or kernels.
    * You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers.

"This is a user-friendly thread, all your suggestions are important to us and will be taken into consideration."

1630149080203.png

CLEAN/FIRST TIME FLASH :
    - Download the Build (GApps Included)
    - Reboot to recovery (Almost any recovery would work)
    - Take backup (optional)
    - Factory Reset
    - Reboot To Recovery
    - Flash the ROM (Using TWRP/OFox recommended)
    - Reboot to Recovery (Lineage OS Recovery should appear)
    - Reboot to system
    - Enjoy

UPDATE/DIRTY FLASH :
    - Download the Build [to PC/SDCARD if using Lineage OS Recovery]
    - Take backup (optional)
    - Reboot to recovery
    - Flash the ROM.zip [ADB Sideload if using Lineage OS Recovery]
    - Reboot to system
    - Enjoy

OVER-THE-AIR (OTA) UPDATE :

Make sure you're using Lineage OS Recovery, it may not work with other recoveries. If even after following proper steps here, it says "Update Failed" or something, report to me [READ MORE]. Check if OTA is mentioned as a bug in the post below.

- Take backup (optional)
    - Go to Settings > Sakura Configs > Sakura Updates > System Updates
    - You can check for updates by clicking the update icon on the top-right
    - If there are no updates found, check you are asked to clean flash in our Official Project Sakura Updates Channel, if yes, follow the first guide to clean flash, if not, after making sure that you have a proper internet connection, try rebooting the system. If still says not found, follow the Update guide on top.
    - After the updater finds the update, click on Download, and hold the update if you want to switch mirrors.
    - Let the update download and once it is done, it should inform you thru notification
    - Once it is done, click on install and it should start installing, this does take longer than flashing it manually, but here we can go back and continue doing what you want to do, while it is updating. Maybe go continue the movie you were watching.
    - Once that is done, select Reboot and... Tada, you're in the latest version of Project Sakura.

NOTE: While ADB Sideloading, if the installation process reports the message (~47%) adb: failed to read the command: No error, do not worry, the process was completed successfully and you can restart the device. )
    1630149479824.png

Download

1630149644100.png

-Lineage OS
    -AOSP
    -Superior OS
    -AOSiP
    -DerpFest
    -Pixel Experience
    -Extended UI
    -Havoc OS
    -CrDroid ROM

1630149698115.png

Buy the founder of Project Sakura a coffee
    (it's going directly to him and not to me)

ko-fi link

1630165621957.png

1630165668266.png
    Project Sakura Source
    Project Sakura Device Related Trees

1630165843978.png

Telegram Support Group
    Device-Specific Telegram Support Group

REPORTING BUGS!
    As soon as the problem occurs, take a logcat

Read this for more

1630166036910.png

Project Sakura, ROM for codename
    Device:
    mojito / sunny
    Maintainer: Ashwin DS
    Build Type: Official

Contributors
    Zidan44
    @wholetthedogout (ANX Camera)
    Kernel Source:
    https://github.com/PixelExperience-Devices/kernel_xiaomi_mojito/

ROM OS Version: 11.0
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.14.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Must be on Latest Firmware
    Based On: LineageOS 18.1
    Changelogs: Click Me
    Bugs: Click Me

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 5.2
    SELinux Status: Enforced
    Initial Release Date: 24/08/2021
    Changelogs here:
    Find Changelogs on our OTA repo and in the downloads page too

====== 12 October 2021 ======
    - Added stock HVDCP props
    - Fixed camera video recoding issue
    - Fixed screen recoding lags
    - Removed ANX camera
    - Added Snap Camera
    - Include Neternels Kernel
    - Enabled Smart Charging

====== 26 September 2021 ======
    - Fixed libperfmgr nodes crash
    - Added power stats moke service hals
    - Fixed FPS Meter
    - Smarter decisions on whether to use 2/5Ghz AP
    - Disabled wifi firmware logging
    - Disabled NUD failure occurs logging
    - Added stock permission for hwcomposer service
    - Fixed ueventd permissions crash
    - Switched to multihal sensor service hal to 2.1
    - Enabled Wi-Fi hals power saving
    - Switched to Codec2 by default
    - Enabled Codec2 input surface
    - Enabled dalvik dex2oat64
    - Fixed props crashes in logs
    - Added minimal xiaomi parts
    - Fixed SDM and ultrasound_extn crashes
    - Fixed whatsapp mic delay or crashes
    - Improved overall system performance
    - Mic issue is fixed other variant

====== 22 September 2021 ======
    - Update blobs from V12.5.3.0.RKGMIXM
    - Added main display cutout overlays
    - Fixed dimens values for display cutout
    - Updated brightness overlay configs
    - Added camera cutout ring like MIUI
    - Removed virtual framebuffer cmdline
    - Labeled some more wakeup nodes
    - Mic issue is fixed for some people

====== 20 September 2021 ======
    - [OTA] Now use "Seamless Updates" to update to the latest version with just a restart

====== 16 September 2021 ======
    - Fixed touch issue
    - Decommonized display color modes
    - Drop soundtrigger hal
    - Update blobs from CAF
    - import Xiaomi mlipay service blobs
    - Added Alipay and WeChat fingerprint payment support
    - More misc changes

====== 15 September 2021 ======
    - Fix SafetyNet failing

====== 03 September 2021 ======

====== 24 August 2021 ======
    - Initial official build
    Existing Device Side Bugs (On build released on 12/10/2021)
    [Updated on 13th October 2021]

- You tell me

If you think the bug is source side and NOT device side, skip the rest of the post and read the official Project Sakura Wiki and also report in Project Sakura Official Telegram Chat

How to [properly] report bugs?
    What do I do when I encounter a bug?
    Support Group
    1. Check if you are getting the issue, every time you do something, or if it is a one time issue
    2. Report it on our Telegram Group with all the information you think is important and look if its a known issue or is there a fix already
    3. Get to know if others are reporting it too, refer to XDA and/or Telegram Group
    4. If you are rooted/using a custom kernel, try unrooting and switching between kernels or switch back to the stock kernel. If using a different kernel fixed your issue, report it to me in my Telegram Group or leave a reply here.
    5. If the issue persists, take a back up then format data via recovery [clean flash]
    6. If the issue still persists, take logs when the issue occurs [Click me for guide] and report with all the information you think is important (like, did you face this in the previous version, is this a bug in many other ROMs too, what have you tried till now, how do I replicate your issue on my device)
    7. If you have not faced the issue in the previous build, then feel free to go back to that if you want to.
    If you report saying "Youtube crash" without properly following the procedure above, your bug report shall be ignored, instead say "Youtube app crashes on my phone when I am trying to watch a video at 4k 60fps, I have dirty flashed this build from the exactly previous build thru OTA here are logs for the same" and give proper logs, you might as well get your bug fixed, it's not too hard to report bugs properly.
    Believe me, You will return to AOSP 😀 Then just back to MIUI then you will return to AOSP ... and so on.

just enjoy flashing ❤️
    it's true 😂 Miui is really unbearable for me, I only installed it because I needed the Screen Cast function
    Now i'm back on Superior OS ... beautiful ROM ❤️😁
    so many roms that now is hard to pick one... i'm back to MIUI 12.5 wich fixed all issues for me ... bye bye 😂

just enjoy flashing ❤️