[ROM][11][Moto G6] PixelExperience [AOSP]

Search This thread

wesleyjrz

Jan 15, 2020
@BenjaminVC, you need to put the phone in fastboot mode (with phone off: press power&vol-). run "fastboot flash recovery mali.img", then refer to my post #56 for steps.

@wesleyjrz, what didn't work ? at what point are you stuck ? my phone is a XT1925-5. I'm surprised there would be such differences in installation experience...
My TWRP has been installed permanently.
I installed the ROM via ADB Sideload, cause when I installed it with TWRP using "flash zip" it got stuck in the bootlogo.
My phone is a XT1925-3. I'll make the necessary backups and try to follow your steps today.

buddy96

Aug 22, 2018
In twrp I flashed the image from my sd card. getting passed the boot logo took a while too for me. i thought it was bricked at that point but i waited patiently and it eventually booted :)

wesleyjrz

Jan 15, 2020
I was on stock pie with root. downloaded the february image from the pixel website and the twrp image from post #5 (mali.img).

my steps were: flashed twrp, booted into recovery, flashed image, wiped data, rebooted, setup the phone and let it do updates, installed magisk manager, downloaded magisk zip, rebooted into recovery and flashed zip.
I didn't understand why you wiped data after flashing rom.

buddy96

Aug 22, 2018
lol, i only waited a few minutes

flashing an image does not affect the user data partition. it needs formatted to avoid any strange behaviour. you'll usually get apps closing etc ... if you don't

Reactions: wesleyjrz

wesleyjrz

Jan 15, 2020
I solved my problem!

I downloaded the February ROM on my computer again, backed up everything via Migrate and this time I downloaded the Magisk Beta to test.
I wiped all the data, except SD Card, cuz I had passed ROM and Magisk to it.
So I installed the ROM through TWRP Recovery, and this time I already installed Magisk together (Before I had installed the ROM, configured it and only then installed Magisk). Finally the sound is working correctly, now I will restore my Migrate backups.

Thx for your help buddy96! :cowboy:

Reactions: buddy96

koyo

Nov 12, 2015
Does anyone have an issue with RAM management that is far too aggressive? I can't even play Newpipe and surf on Bromite at the same time without it killing Newpipe.

wesleyjrz

Jan 15, 2020
Does anyone have an issue with RAM management that is far too aggressive? I can't even play Newpipe and surf on Bromite at the same time without it killing Newpipe.
Try it going to apps and disable Bromite battery optimization.

Last edited:

wesleyjrz

Jan 15, 2020
I solved the sound problem, but now I can't record audio on Whatsapp or Telegram. I have already tested by Recorder and it worked correctly.

Resolution: Disable the Google Assistant keyword "Ok, Google".

Last edited:

buddy96

Aug 22, 2018
No issue with RAM here, I can play newpipe (or omnia) and browse with multiple tabs in firefox whilst updating my apps in the playstore. I have disabled a few services/apps which came as default though.

buddy96

Aug 22, 2018
One more small glitch I noticed: even with gboard text correction and spell checker disabled in settings, words I type in most apps still get underlined.

Nov 25, 2017
Is there any way of getting the stock G6 camera app (com.motorola.camera2) working on this? It has a lot of features that the PE camera app does not have.

Taking the stock APK and trying to install it on PE does not work as it requires com.motorola.motosignature

Trying to install the MotoSignatureApp APK does not work either.

Code:
com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerService$ReconcileFailure: Reconcile failed: Package com.motorola.motosignature.app requires unavailable shared library com.motorola.motosignature; failing!

louis077

Apr 15, 2015
Has anyone had any luck with android auto working? Mine works initially but requires a phone restart when I want reconnect to it later after unplugging.

Other than that its an awesome ROM so far. No complaints.

wesleyjrz

Jan 15, 2020
Is there any way of getting the stock G6 camera app (com.motorola.camera2) working on this? It has a lot of features that the PE camera app does not have.

Taking the stock APK and trying to install it on PE does not work as it requires com.motorola.motosignature

Code:
com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerService$ReconcileFailure: Reconcile failed: Package com.motorola.motosignature.app requires unavailable shared library com.motorola.motosignature; failing!
Join the Telegram group, the link is available on the ROM download page.

Nov 25, 2017

Code:

Followup on this:
I was able to install com.motorola.camera2 by building with com.motorola.motosignature.xml added to the vendor repo. If you try to open the camera app however, a toast shows up saying "Device not supported".

Reactions: TottalyUrGrandpa

buddy96

Aug 22, 2018
I installed Open Camera. Allows me to save to SD card. Feels slower to take pictures but I've not played much yet with the settings.

Nov 25, 2017
I installed Open Camera. Allows me to save to SD card. Feels slower to take pictures but I've not played much yet with the settings.
OpenCamera is okay but MotoCam2 was already made for and working with the G6. Also has more general and image processing features.

Followup on this:
I was able to install com.motorola.camera2 by building with com.motorola.motosignature.xml added to the vendor repo. If you try to open the camera app however, a toast shows up saying "Device not supported".
Another followup on this:
Building with com.motorola.motosignature.xml and also com.motorola.camera2.xml lets me open the app and brings up the app permission prompts (for file storage, location, etc.) but the app will crash after that. Likely because it is missing libraries/dependencies.

Reactions: TottalyUrGrandpa

ironwolf115

Mar 15, 2017
Nice rom, after flash i have bootloop with G symbol on white screen... From twrp flash and adb sideload not work.. But RROS fine

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Safetynet pass in this rom found?, I need to use banking apps and Netflix all the time
    Safetynet passes with Magisk 22 for me.
    I already have that app, I don't know where is that menu to look for deep sleep time...
    First tab on dashboard, type on CPU states graph
    Thanks, you are right, my G6 shows about 2%, while my other phones show 80-90%. So, according to you, when we turn off the screen of the phone, it still uses quite amount of power. That means that if we go to sleep and the phone is 90%, when we wake up 9h later it will be like 80% or less?
    Woooooow. You are right!

Since with this ROM this phone can't deep sleep (consume very little battery), in a whole night sleeping, the phone goes from 100% to 72%. This is insane... It wastes 28% of battery while doing absolutely nothing. Please this is not right, it must be fixed...
    Woooooow. You are right!

Since with this ROM this phone can't deep sleep (consume very little battery), in a whole night sleeping, the phone goes from 100% to 72%. This is insane... It wastes 28% of battery while doing absolutely nothing. Please this is not right, it must be fixed...
    This must be why my battery life hasn't been too good. I hope it'll be fixed soon!

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Moto G6 [ali]

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Fingerprint reader
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    Nothing yet
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

Great ROM, Jean Graff - thank you! How are you able to include Gapps (a nice surprise)? The performance and stability are great. I came from the unofficial LineageOS 17.1 ROM (fast and more features than PE, but not officially supported, with development seemingly ceased) and ResurrectionRemix (the most features but the worse performance/stability, and development also stagnant). This feels much better than the stock 8.1.0 and 9 Moto ROMs as well. Again, terrific job and thank you.
    What's the best way to do the insall? OTA, recovery, and or clean?
    OTA
    Does this ROM support fingerprint gestures (swiping to go back/recents, tapping to go home, long tapping to turn on/off the screen, etc)?
    Yes
    New Updated - 08/02

Changelog:
    * Automatic brightness operation improved
    * Vibration improvements
    * Disabled L1 (Temp)
    * Moved Wi-fi Overlay to vendor
    * Fixed Fluence Speaker
    * Fixed NFC
    * Fixed VoLTE
    * Fixed LED
Our Apps