[CLOSED][ROM][11][Moto G6] PixelExperience [AOSP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

AXng

Mar 15, 2016
Is it just me or the rom is missing 3 bottom buttons ( Home, Back, and current app running) ?

buddy96

Aug 22, 2018
Moto G6
Moto G50
Glad I'm not the only one who could not find the settings initially :D took me 2 days lol

settings -> advanced -> gestures -> system navigation

Reactions: AXng

Stay2HigH

Dec 28, 2020
Poland
Hi. Great rom but how can I remove the search bar from the home screen? When you try to set unlock with a fingerprint, it asks for a code / pattern - repeat - repeat and exits to settings. After a few tries, it will work after turning on, uncheck and turn off gestures when the screen is off

AXng

Mar 15, 2016
I am having a problem with calling and receiving call using this rom with tmobile. It is just Dead Silence. I did try clean flash 3 times.

Mr_You

Jul 17, 2013
I am having a problem with calling and receiving call using this rom with tmobile. It is just Dead Silence. I did try clean flash 3 times.

Yes I'm also experiencing around a 10 second "connection delay" when voice calls are made or received using Google Voice or Google Duo. Neither party can hear one another for several seconds after the call is connected.

Besides this issue, and maybe a shorter 6hrs 30mins of screen-on-time vs 7hrs, the ROM seems to work very well.

buddy96

Aug 22, 2018
Moto G6
Moto G50
using giffgaff and vodafone without any issues, i also do audio/video calls using signal and it works fine. have you tried disabling wifi calling maybe ?

Stephen Martin

Dec 25, 2008
Loving this rom so far. I first had an issue with maps crashing 2 seconds after launching; not sure how I fixed it, but I think I just uninstalled all updates in play (including android auto), then launched maps, then updated everything.

The remaining problem is with video recording. I'm not sure why, but 1) All gcams I've tried have super flaky video recording. If I hit record, it usually won't do anything. It'll show the 'stop recording' button [the square], but the time never increments, then it falls back to the 'start recording' button [the circle]. 2) Even the stock camera, and others like opencamera, have flaky video. When I record through those, the resulting file is either corrupted, or the playback starts several seconds in. Sometimes they crash when recording.

rambomhtri

Hi, I'm about to finally flash this custom ROM in my G6, which I've always used with the stock ROM (pathetic 32 bit...).

Although I have a backup phone, I pretend to use this G6 with the latest stable 11 march 2021 release "PixelExperience_ali-11.0-20210311-0202-OFFICIAL.zip" as my main phone. So, is there anything important that does not work properly?
Like WiFi, phone calls via SIM or WhatsApp, SMS, bluetooth, LTE, 4G, flash, NFC, camera, microphone, etc...

Also, what camera app is installed by default?
Is there any GCam port that works very nice with this phone?

Thank you so much!

Last edited:

buddy96

Aug 22, 2018
Moto G6
Moto G50
@Stephen Martin, video recording / playback works fine on my phone with opencamera. i've disabled many google services which i don't use which might help.

@rambomhtri, had not seen the new update ! glad you mentioned it :) everything works for me (february image) but have not tried nfc or whatsapp.

Reactions: rambomhtri

rambomhtri

@Stephen Martin, video recording / playback works fine on my phone with opencamera. i've disabled many google services which i don't use which might help.

@rambomhtri, had not seen the new update ! glad you mentioned it :) everything works for me (february image) but have not tried nfc or whatsapp.
Could you try the the stable Plus one? It's supposed to be better!

buddy96

Aug 22, 2018
Moto G6
Moto G50
moving from PE to PE+ seems to require a clean install. I don't really understand the benefits of the "+" version so I'd rather wait before taking the plunge as I'm quite happy with PE for now.

Reactions: rambomhtri

Mr_You

Jul 17, 2013
Updated to the latest version and still experiencing the "microphone/call" delay. I say microphone because it seems to also affect the Voice Recorder app. You hit record and there's around 7 seconds of delay or so before it starts recording.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Moto G6 [ali]

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Fingerprint reader
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    Nothing yet
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

Great ROM, Jean Graff - thank you! How are you able to include Gapps (a nice surprise)? The performance and stability are great. I came from the unofficial LineageOS 17.1 ROM (fast and more features than PE, but not officially supported, with development seemingly ceased) and ResurrectionRemix (the most features but the worse performance/stability, and development also stagnant). This feels much better than the stock 8.1.0 and 9 Moto ROMs as well. Again, terrific job and thank you.
    What's the best way to do the insall? OTA, recovery, and or clean?
    OTA
    New Updated - 08/02

Changelog:
    * Automatic brightness operation improved
    * Vibration improvements
    * Disabled L1 (Temp)
    * Moved Wi-fi Overlay to vendor
    * Fixed Fluence Speaker
    * Fixed NFC
    * Fixed VoLTE
    * Fixed LED
    Does this ROM support fingerprint gestures (swiping to go back/recents, tapping to go home, long tapping to turn on/off the screen, etc)?
    Yes