[ROM] 11/Nov 1.37.405.1 r1 - HTC Wildfire Stock ROM with Online Kitchen

Search This thread

paulobrien

Nov 6, 2003
Norwich
www.MoDaCo.com
I'm pleased to present my repack of the stock ROM for the HTC Wildfire! READ THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE YOU START! No, really, it contains everything you need to know. ;)

Remember that if you use this ROM, you do so entirely at your own risk!!

About MoDaCo stock ROM repacks

Unlike a MCR (MoDaCo Custom ROM) release, a stock ROM repack is as close to the stock ROM as possible. Only root / Superuser and an insecure boot image is added. The benefits of the repack are providing a rollback option in update zip format as well as providing an online kitchen to remove parts that are not required.

A MCR release of this ROM is also available!

Requirements

In order to use this ROM on your device, you must have a custom recovery image installed (Clockwork Mod). This can be installed on the WildFire using 'unrevoked'.

Features
  • Repack of the 1.37.405.1 WWE ROM
  • Pre-rooted with su and Superuser Permissions by ChainsDD
  • Insecure boot image (ro.secure=0)
Changelog

Please see the post below this one for the changes in each release.

Installation

To install this ROM:
  • Download the zip file of your choice from the links below (or the online kitchen) and copy to your SD card
  • Restart your device in recovery mode
  • PERFORM A NANDROID BACKUP FROM THE MENU
  • Select the option to apply an update zip, and select the zip file you copied to your memory card
Upgrading

No wipe is explicitly required in order to use this ROM, however if you do encounter issues of any kind, it is recommended that you wipe your device and reproduce the issue before raising it here.

Downloads

This ROM is now available in the online kitchen - see the post below for details! In addition to the kitchen, a prebaked download is available.

DOWNLOAD

Thanks

It's impossible to mention everyone who contributes to the Android community by name, but to everyone out there who does great work and shares it with us all - you have my gratitude and respect.

And finally...

Details on how to donate should you wish to do so are in download topic at MoDaCo..

Enjoy! :)

P

Last edited:
Reactions: kennyhkw

Alex_GP

May 15, 2009
Any known bugs?

Also, if I use the kitchen and remove HTC Sense from cooking, does it remove the HTC lock screen also?

Many thanks and keep up the good work!

darky207

Dec 23, 2008
Cham
Hi

can you tell me what you mean with "A MCR release of this version will follow soon!"

What is a MCR release?

darky

fusk

Nov 9, 2010
Århus
What is the kitchen? besides the one i have downstairs.

guess, it kinda makes sense when you see the page for downloading, but premium users only.

Last edited:

bluedragon1982

Jun 20, 2006
Detmold
Oh yeah, its comming true, MCR for Wildfire, now i need an graphic multiboot option to fast and easy switch between cm6.1 and mcr.

Cant wait to try the kitchen ;)

Thanks for your work Paul

PS:
I dream from using MCR since my g1 time, but now with the wildfire i can have it.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using XDA App

fusk

Nov 9, 2010
Århus

No, as far as i understand, this is the standard 2.1 that the phone comes with, so if i am correct, installing this would get your phone back to what it was when you first turned it on.
besides that, you can flash another kernel, and you have a stock rom with oc capabilities, exactly what i want.

only thing i'm not sure about, when htc pushes out 2.2, will that mess with the flashed kernel?

Last edited:

windywoo

Aug 14, 2010
Belfast
The Wildfire forum over at Modaco was a bit dead. Hope this means there will be more interest over there, as it was with my Pulse.

Alex_GP

May 15, 2009
Hey, did you manage to implement that pointer to the HTC lockscreen, or you didn`t have the time? Also, doesn`t MoDaCo have a cheaper donation cost? Like 3$ a month or something? Or is it only 10$ a year?

tuktukscotty

Aug 17, 2010
Bridlington
Google Pixel 4
Hey, did you manage to implement that pointer to the HTC lockscreen, or you didn`t have the time? Also, doesn`t MoDaCo have a cheaper donation cost? Like 3$ a month or something? Or is it only 10$ a year?

Are you taking the p**s????

3$ a month works out more expensive than 10$ a year!!!

If you can't afford 10$ a year then you relly shouldn't have a mobile phone!.

Alex_GP

May 15, 2009
Are you taking the p**s????

3$ a month works out more expensive than 10$ a year!!!

If you can't afford 10$ a year then you relly shouldn't have a mobile phone!.

Ok, smarty pants, why should I pay 10 $ for a service (the kitchen) that I will use once, maybe twice, untill I get the ROM I want? Call me cheap but I won`t waste money on things that I don`t use.

If you want, buy me a subscription, 10$ means nothing to a phone user like you, doesn`t it?

God!!! The people that live on this world make me rage!!!!

kevin2516

Sep 1, 2010
Sydney
since modaco roms are designed to be as close as stock, but with tweaks and optimisations, its basically like cyanogenmod right? except cyanogenmod is aosp only.

HCDR.Jacob

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 8, 2010
Gateshead
Ok, smarty pants, why should I pay 10 $ for a service (the kitchen) that I will use once, maybe twice, untill I get the ROM I want? Call me cheap but I won`t waste money on things that I don`t use.

If you want, buy me a subscription, 10$ means nothing to a phone user like you, doesn`t it?

God!!! The people that live on this world make me rage!!!!

You should buy it to help cover the costs incurred by this service

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm pleased to present my repack of the stock ROM for the HTC Wildfire! READ THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE YOU START! No, really, it contains everything you need to know. ;)

Remember that if you use this ROM, you do so entirely at your own risk!!

About MoDaCo stock ROM repacks

Unlike a MCR (MoDaCo Custom ROM) release, a stock ROM repack is as close to the stock ROM as possible. Only root / Superuser and an insecure boot image is added. The benefits of the repack are providing a rollback option in update zip format as well as providing an online kitchen to remove parts that are not required.

A MCR release of this ROM is also available!

Requirements

In order to use this ROM on your device, you must have a custom recovery image installed (Clockwork Mod). This can be installed on the WildFire using 'unrevoked'.

Features
    • Repack of the 1.37.405.1 WWE ROM
    • Pre-rooted with su and Superuser Permissions by ChainsDD
    • Insecure boot image (ro.secure=0)
    Changelog

Please see the post below this one for the changes in each release.

Installation

To install this ROM:
    • Download the zip file of your choice from the links below (or the online kitchen) and copy to your SD card
    • Restart your device in recovery mode
    • PERFORM A NANDROID BACKUP FROM THE MENU
    • Select the option to apply an update zip, and select the zip file you copied to your memory card
    Upgrading

No wipe is explicitly required in order to use this ROM, however if you do encounter issues of any kind, it is recommended that you wipe your device and reproduce the issue before raising it here.

Downloads

This ROM is now available in the online kitchen - see the post below for details! In addition to the kitchen, a prebaked download is available.

DOWNLOAD

Thanks

It's impossible to mention everyone who contributes to the Android community by name, but to everyone out there who does great work and shares it with us all - you have my gratitude and respect.

And finally...

Details on how to donate should you wish to do so are in download topic at MoDaCo..

Enjoy! :)

P