[ROM][11][OFFICAL][hero2lte] PixelExperience [AOSP]

Search This thread

epsneb

Jan 24, 2022
1/ 'System updates' service drains wifi/mobile data. About 10G in total for last 30 days! Any idea how to stop this behavior?

2/ 'System updates' cannot be turned off nor disabled like Google Play Store with disable 'Allow network access' or 'Mobile data'

3/ After network type change from 4G>3G it cannot be switched back to 4G - did check with the same phone model and same SIM card and stock firmware and 4G/LTE works fine.

RQ3A.210905.001 PixelExperience_Plus_hero2lte-11.0-20210923-1633-OFFICIAL

Anyway - great job with this ROM!

https://download.pixelexperience.org/hero2lte says discontinued?

Attachments

• _1_Screenshot_20220125-060908_Settings.png
    _1_Screenshot_20220125-060908_Settings.png
    95.9 KB · Views: 52
  • _2_Screenshot_20220125-060839_Settings.png
    _2_Screenshot_20220125-060839_Settings.png
    106.2 KB · Views: 48
  • _3_Screenshot_20220126-084628_Settings_service.png
    _3_Screenshot_20220126-084628_Settings_service.png
    52.5 KB · Views: 42
  • _4_Screenshot_20220126-084638_Settings_app.png
    _4_Screenshot_20220126-084638_Settings_app.png
    128.3 KB · Views: 38
  • _5_Screenshot_20220126-064008_Settings.png
    _5_Screenshot_20220126-064008_Settings.png
    96.7 KB · Views: 40
  • _6_Screenshot_20220126-100042.png
    _6_Screenshot_20220126-100042.png
    220.4 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

ilgrank

May 15, 2013
thanks @expressluke ! Just installed on first try on S7 edge without any issue!
I see the security level is September 2021.. sorry about my ignorance on the matter.. but will subsequent security patches be relesed by you or by the Pixel Experience project?
Also, I see your build for the S7 is marked as discontinued.. is there anything we can do to support you?
(I've just made a PP donation (*), but I'm asking if there's anything.. well, technical that I can do in order to give some support)
Thanks!

Last edited:

expressluke

thanks @expressluke ! Just installed on first try on S7 edge without any issue!
I see the security level is September 2021.. sorry about my ignorance on the matter.. but will subsequent security patches be relesed by you or by the Pixel Experience project?
Also, I see your build for the S7 is marked as discontinued.. is there anything we can do to support you?
(I've just made a PP donation (*), but I'm asking if there's anything.. well, technical that I can do in order to give some support)
Thanks!
There is a new project of Pixel Experience 12 and 12.1 with the latest security patches as 11 is depreciated now by the ROM team.

Hope that helps.

ilgrank

May 15, 2013
There is a new project of Pixel Experience 12 and 12.1 with the latest security patches as 11 is depreciated now by the ROM team.

Hope that helps.
Hi
I know about your unofficial 12L build, but I was wondering if there's a way to stay on PE11 until the PE12 becomes official and still receive the security patches :)

expressluke

Hi
I know about your unofficial 12L build, but I was wondering if there's a way to stay on PE11 until the PE12 becomes official and still receive the security patches :)
Pe12 isn't going to be official (due to technical limitations of the device) hence why ota is supported in the unofficial . PE11 isn't getting any more security updates.

ilgrank

May 15, 2013
Thanks @expressluke !
sorry to flood with question but.. security patches aside, given your experience, is your PE12 B7 release:
more stable than this PE11?
faster?
more or less filesystem usage for the OS?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge [hero2lte]

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    VoLTE/VoWifi due to Samsung's proprietary implementation
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED

Official downloads
    hero2lte

Latest Unofficial
    Download Regular Edition
    Download Plus Edition

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

New PixelExperience build released to OTA and Download site with the following changes:
    - Merged latest kernel patches from kernel/common android-3.18 branch
    - Merged July 2021. security update
    - Kernel: Fixed issue where using external sdcard as combined internal storage caused high cpu usage
    - Removed leftover aosp charging animations
    - mounted cpefs folder on boot
    - Added NFC Extended Length support
    - Fixed power profile switching (Better performance/battery life)
    - Audio: resewt mixer gains to default values since we have lifevibes working now and handling it
    - Audio: Reworked incall audio handling in mixer paths to disable 2nd mic that was picking up noise
    - Audio: Reworked voice commands input mixer paths
    - Audio: Fixed voip calls not picking up microphone due to wrong paths (e.g. apps telegram, whatsapp)
    - Replaced vulkan lib with symlink to mali lib (Like on stock) (This saved some space too)
    - Kernel: Merged upstream aosp 3.18 kernel
    - Kernel: Merged latest upstream cpufreq (DVFS) patches for dynamic voltage and frequency handling
    - Kernel: Enabled CONFIG_HZ_300 for faster interaction handling
    - Cleaned up public.libraries.txt
    - Resolved few more sepolicy issues
    - Removed deprecated custom bt hal as AOSP one works too with extra config flag
    - removed audio effects from voice_recognition as it caused audio hal to crash/restart
    - Merged June 2021. Security update
    - kernel: reverted "net: disable netpoll on fresh napis" which caused cpu to lock up at higher frequencies
    - removed unsupported audio devices from audio policy config
    - sepolicy: Resolved audioserver denial
    - sepolicy: Allowed mediaserver to read exported_camera_prop
    - Removed invalid media codec config for vc1 decoder
    - Removed prop that would try to load non existing vulkan lib
    - Updated media profiles to new schema
    - kernel: Upstreamed and updated to 3.18.140 with all of the latyest security patches and updates to date
    - kernel: enabled vdso32 (https://source.android.com/devices/architecture/kernel/config#vdso32-on-arm64) perf. and battery life improvements
    - kernel: fixed issues with obb folder present in rare cases
    - kernel: merged latest android
    - kernel/common 3.18 branch
    - kernel: updated wireguard
    - kernel: merged N935FXXS8CUD1 source drop
    - A lot of performance and stability improvements
    1622527385929.png

Pixel Experience 11 Standard Edition and 11 Plus Edition official builds have been updated, you can obtain them from OTA or via the link in the OP, - Changelog is in link from OP on the latest build.
    1622527581053.png

Pixel Experience 11 Standard Edition and 11 Plus Edition is now OFFICIAL and can be obtained through the link in the OP.

If you are on an UNOFFICIAL build of Pixel Experience, you will be required to clean flash as the OFFICIAL builds are signed.
    Pixel Experience Update:

ROM Changelog:
    * June security patch
    * Updated translations
    * Updated gapps
    * Improved Face Unlock
    * Minor bug fixes
    * Introduced App Lock (plus version)
    * Introduced per-app volume control (plus version)
    * Improved power menu customization (plus version)

Device Changelog:
    * Removed deprecated custom bt hal as AOSP one works too with extra config flag
    * Removed audio effects from voice_recognition as it caused audio hal to crash/restart
    * kernel: reverted "net: disable netpoll on fresh napis" which caused cpu to lock up at higher frequencies
    * Removed unsupported audio devices from audio policy config