• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11][OFFICAL][herolte] PixelExperience [AOSP]

Search This thread

Techguy777

Please dont install gapps speratly cuz they come with this rom already.
Thanks I was going nuts last night. The first time I did I dirty flashed it over the system. It started messing up so I figured I would clean flash it and I didn't even think gapps were installed. Does it have the select text feature in recents the pixel launcher

unknown797

Aug 1, 2011
Firstly been using this on my S7 after my Sony XZ Premium died. Loving the rom on both PE and PE+ so much it actually feels extremely fast.

For those that have no volume or mic when making sim (GSM/VoLTE) calls, but can still make and receive calls (Issue doesn't impact FB or Discord calls) make sure you have the correct stock rom baseband's csc flashed.

Would it be possible to add the dimming or switching off galaxy buttons (Capacitive brightness buttons like task, home and back buttons?) they are pretty bright at night especially when dark theme is used.

PS: I also found Odin a lot easier to install the initial TWRP recovery instead of Hemidall method as the Zadiag method destroyed my Samsung usb drivers after replacing it.

Thank you Luke for bringing this to the S7.

~message sent from PixelExperience_Plus_herolte-11.0-20210715-2028-OFFICIAL

Reactions: SirDre
Hi So i unlocked bootloader my phone and installed twrp then proceed to install this rom.
I didn't have a lot of time to test it fully today but i want to ask a few thing since there are people who have been using S7 with custom roms :
  • Is there any easy way to change the display resolution like in the stock ROM to reduce the battery usage ?
  • I tried the camera app and it seems a bit clunky to me and images seems to have a lot of sharpening (in general post processing seems to be higher compared to stock) and video seem to be maxed at 1080P while in stock 4K was available well H265/HEVC is a nice addition in my opinion ;) thow. I want to ask what camera app or modded camera do most of you use ?
  • overall what alternative apps do you guys generally install to make the experience more coherent
Also is it possible to Lock TWRP so that a 3rd party can't access it (just for security measure) and does doing a full encryption of the phone has any draw back from the security setting ?
Thanks and over all from the limited time i was using the phone it seem to be quite good ;).

Techguy777

Hi So i unlocked bootloader my phone and installed twrp then proceed to install this rom.
I didn't have a lot of time to test it fully today but i want to ask a few thing since there are people who have been using S7 with custom roms :
  • Is there any easy way to change the display resolution like in the stock ROM to reduce the battery usage ?
  • I tried the camera app and it seems a bit clunky to me and images seems to have a lot of sharpening (in general post processing seems to be higher compared to stock) and video seem to be maxed at 1080P while in stock 4K was available well H265/HEVC is a nice addition in my opinion ;) thow. I want to ask what camera app or modded camera do most of you use ?
  • overall what alternative apps do you guys generally install to make the experience more coherent
Also is it possible to Lock TWRP so that a 3rd party can't access it (just for security measure) and does doing a full encryption of the phone has any draw back from the security setting ?
Thanks and over all from the limited time i was using the phone it seem to be quite good ;).
Well I don't have good news for you, I don't believe you can change resolution although I've never really looked.

If there's a camera app that will allow 4k and better pictures I would also like to know because I don't use the camera but one of the benefits of stock rom is camera, and stability

Encryption is available on backups but to have twrp locked you would have to have encryption on the phone so you would have to go into settings and encrypt the phone than your twrp will ask for password but I don't know how well twrp can unecrypt your data I've never done it.

There might be a modded gcam I downloaded one for the S7 for a different rom and it didn't work.

Apps Viper 4 android for music
Edxposed

Hashir295

Oct 17, 2017
LG G3
Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo
You can change resolution by rooting and terminal
Just open terminal type
Su
wm size 1080x1920
wm density 380 (for 1080p density around 360-400)

You can change resolution by rooting and terminal
Just open terminal type
Su
wm size 1080x1920
wm density 380 (for 1080p density around 360-400)

Well I don't have good news for you, I don't believe you can change resolution although I've never really looked.

If there's a camera app that will allow 4k and better pictures I would also like to know because I don't use the camera but one of the benefits of stock rom is camera, and stability

Encryption is available on backups but to have twrp locked you would have to have encryption on the phone so you would have to go into settings and encrypt the phone than your twrp will ask for password but I don't know how well twrp can unecrypt your data I've never done it.

There might be a modded gcam I downloaded one for the S7 for a different rom and it didn't work.

Apps Viper 4 android for music
Edxposed

Ok thanks for the advice both of you :) i did try and look for a modded camera app but most of them seems to be for the stock rom or One UI Ported Roms right now i will keep using this ROM for a while (maybe up to 2 weeks ) since i plan to test the others ROM also and since now i am rooted and with TWRP it will be easy to swap betten backup :D and with the help of titanium backup getting app data again would be easy (looking at you games with GBs of data and slow download speed xD) the ROMs that i am planning to test and see are FLoydQ (android 10 one UI2.1) and DevBase by ALEXNDR (stock rom debloated) and crDroid and LOS 18.1 (since both pixel experience and cRDroid share the downstream code from LOS 18.1 basicly testing one will give the rough idea of how performance/usability of the device go i tried pixel experience first because it come with Gapps out of the box xD (was lazy to download and flash it for the other2 in my mind) will test them at the end xD) well these roms seems to be the most active.

• I would like to ask i noted to the led indicator don't seems to be working correctly (when charging it look yellow-ish (both the red and green are activated) and also when receiving notification no led blinking whatsoever i believe it supposed to be blue for notification)
Over all the Rom seems to be quite good and useable as a daily driver from first impressions

expressluke

Locking the recovery is useless as anyone with knowledge to flash another recovery could remove it. Alternative recoveries have tried this and that is the result.

Encryption the drawback is you can't access the internal storage from the recovery as it does not support reading those encrypted files and could corrupt them.

Locking the recovery is useless as anyone with knowledge to flash another recovery could remove it. Alternative recoveries have tried this and that is the result.

Encryption the drawback is you can't access the internal storage from the recovery as it does not support reading those encrypted files and could corrupt them.
Okey thanks for the information :)
Have a nice day.

Techguy777

I dont know what the hell is wrong, I put an new sdcard in and it worked for about 3 reboots and now it doesnt read either. So I put my first sdcard into my pc and it said repair card and it did it and worked again. I cant be the only one having problems. The thing with XDA if someone else is they wont say it for fear the developer will get upset. But it would really help me out.

I dont know what the hell is wrong, I put an new sdcard in and it worked for about 3 reboots and now it doesnt read either. So I put my first sdcard into my pc and it said repair card and it did it and worked again. I cant be the only one having problems. The thing with XDA if someone else is they wont say it for fear the developer will get upset. But it would really help me out.
Hi well i am one day in using this rom and i do have an sd card (64Gb sandisk ultra c10 U1) i had it formatted as an internal storage(The file system should be ext4 i believe in this case and not exFat) after the rom install.The only thing that happened with it is that somehow it got unmounted while the phone was idle for 2h+ and then i got notification that the card is corrupted from the system however after restarting the phone the card got mounted normally and the data was intact no problem (although when the card was unmounted some app were crashing xD and i guess it was expected since some data of the apps are in the sd card in this case) but it worth mentioning that i right now believe the issue occured duo to me having battery guru installed and giving it the root access and trying the aggressive doze it functionality it led to unmounting the sd card as a power saving measure but with the issue not occuring again and having no Logs or can't reproduce it realebly of when it had happened i can't pinpoint why exactly it did happen or report having any issue if it occur just one out of the blue. right now i am taking a slow approach in using and modifying the ROM so if an error happen i can pinpoint at least weather it did happen duo to a system/(root access) modification or is with the ROM from the beginning.

TL;DR: although i don't know how it happen exactly in my case i can't for sure now know if it really is an issue if it would never happen again and i mention it just in case there really were so issue so that you know that you are not alone but unless it happen again calling it a bug to solve would be impossible if there are no data to back it up :p so for me for now it nothing worth mentioning

Techguy777

Hi well i am one day in using this rom and i do have an sd card (64Gb sandisk ultra c10 U1) i had it formatted as an internal storage(The file system should be ext4 i believe in this case and not exFat) after the rom install.The only thing that happened with it is that somehow it got unmounted while the phone was idle for 2h+ and then i got notification that the card is corrupted from the system however after restarting the phone the card got mounted normally and the data was intact no problem (although when the card was unmounted some app were crashing xD and i guess it was expected since some data of the apps are in the sd card in this case) but it worth mentioning that i right now believe the issue occured duo to me having battery guru installed and giving it the root access and trying the aggressive doze it functionality it led to unmounting the sd card as a power saving measure but with the issue not occuring again and having no Logs or can't reproduce it realebly of when it had happened i can't pinpoint why exactly it did happen or report having any issue if it occur just one out of the blue. right now i am taking a slow approach in using and modifying the ROM so if an error happen i can pinpoint at least weather it did happen duo to a system/(root access) modification or is with the ROM from the beginning.

TL;DR: although i don't know how it happen exactly in my case i can't for sure now know if it really is an issue if it would never happen again and i mention it just in case there really were so issue so that you know that you are not alone but unless it happen again calling it a bug to solve would be impossible if there are no data to back it up :p so for me for now it nothing worth mentioning
Thanks that helps a little I never do formate them for use like internal although it's worth considering. Do they still show on PC for transferring music if you leave it in the phone?

Strange enough after a couple reboots the new sdcard I put in it showed again. It's really weird and Ive never had such a problem. No if the sdcard is corrupted it won't write or formate, if messes up and doesn't mount on boot you take the sim out and back in and it works. None of that worked so I am really unsure

Techguy777

Ok thanks for the advice both of you :) i did try and look for a modded camera app but most of them seems to be for the stock rom or One UI Ported Roms right now i will keep using this ROM for a while (maybe up to 2 weeks ) since i plan to test the others ROM also and since now i am rooted and with TWRP it will be easy to swap betten backup :D and with the help of titanium backup getting app data again would be easy (looking at you games with GBs of data and slow download speed xD) the ROMs that i am planning to test and see are FLoydQ (android 10 one UI2.1) and DevBase by ALEXNDR (stock rom debloated) and crDroid and LOS 18.1 (since both pixel experience and cRDroid share the downstream code from LOS 18.1 basicly testing one will give the rough idea of how performance/usability of the device go i tried pixel experience first because it come with Gapps out of the box xD (was lazy to download and flash it for the other2 in my mind) will test them at the end xD) well these roms seems to be the most active.

• I would like to ask i noted to the led indicator don't seems to be working correctly (when charging it look yellow-ish (both the red and green are activated) and also when receiving notification no led blinking whatsoever i believe it supposed to be blue for notification)
Over all the Rom seems to be quite good and useable as a daily driver from first impressions
I did some digging because I to wanted a better camera app than the one that came on Pixel rom. It wasn't as easy as it should have been I tried a few that were supposed to be for s7 exynos and they didn't work. I still think Floyd rom camera is the best for s7 exynos. Here's a link to a gcam mod that takes decent pictures

• Love
Reactions: doudoud82
I did some digging because I to wanted a better camera app than the one that came on Pixel rom. It wasn't as easy as it should have been I tried a few that were supposed to be for s7 exynos and they didn't work. I still think Floyd rom camera is the best for s7 exynos. Here's a link to a gcam mod that takes decent pictures

Thanks for the info i will look into it soon ;)

Reactions: Techguy777

unknown797

Aug 1, 2011
Just want to check if anyone has been having issue with echoing on the callers side. I've noticed and tested this on various phones where they call my S7 on PE+ that echo occurs on their side regardless if I put the phone speaker on or not.

Example (issue only seems to occur on sim calls only and the same issue occurs when I try with bluetooth headset as well).

Me: Calling or receiving calls (no echoing on my side and is clear)
Caller: they hear them selves echoing

I've tried a few ideas with installing a different dialer apk as well as taping the top mic near the sim area and it doesn't appear to resolve this issue.

Techguy777

Just want to check if anyone has been having issue with echoing on the callers side. I've noticed and tested this on various phones where they call my S7 on PE+ that echo occurs on their side regardless if I put the phone speaker on or not.

Example (issue only seems to occur on sim calls only and the same issue occurs when I try with bluetooth headset as well).

Me: Calling or receiving calls (no echoing on my side and is clear)
Caller: they hear them selves echoing

I've tried a few ideas with installing a different dialer apk as well as taping the top mic near the sim area and it doesn't appear to resolve this issue.
No I haven't had any trouble with either Bluetooth headphones or the normal way. I did have problems when I dirty flashed the update over the one before, it would not work for entering voicemail password or any type of pin like a card I have. When I clean flashed it everything works perfectly. I even got my new sdcard working properly.

Almost forgot try flashing Moro kernel 8.8.1 zip I have that installed so I can get dual speaker mod and I also have viper4android installed but it doesn't effect phone calls. The kernel works great but it's not as fast as the stock kernel for some reason.

unknown797

Aug 1, 2011
No I haven't had any trouble with either Bluetooth headphones or the normal way. I did have problems when I dirty flashed the update over the one before, it would not work for entering voicemail password or any type of pin like a card I have. When I clean flashed it everything works perfectly. I even got my new sdcard working properly.
Hmm strange I've done a clean install too. Issue only occurs on the other side not on my side when echoing. Glad you got the sd card working, I was about to suggest formatting it to exfat to see if that helped :)

Techguy777

Hmm strange I've done a clean install too. Issue only occurs on the other side not on my side when echoing. Glad you got the sd card working, I was about to suggest formatting it to exfat to see if that helped :)
Try Moro kernel 8.8.1 zip I went back and edited my post but you already read it. It has the dual speaker mod you turn it on with mtweaks under sound options. You can increase speaker and headphones so maybe it could fix the sound

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Samsung Galaxy S7 [herolte]

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    VoLTE/VoWifi due to Samsung's proprietary implementation
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED

Official downloads
    herolte

Latest Unofficial
    Download Regular Edition
    Download Plus Edition

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

OTA Update for August builds are out. Only small changelog this time!

Changelog:
    August Security patch
    Minor bug fixes
    Updated translations
    New PixelExperience build released to OTA and Download site with the following changes:
    - Merged latest kernel patches from kernel/common android-3.18 branch
    - Merged July 2021. security update
    - Kernel: Fixed issue where using external sdcard as combined internal storage caused high cpu usage
    - Removed leftover aosp charging animations
    - mounted cpefs folder on boot
    - Added NFC Extended Length support
    - Fixed power profile switching (Better performance/battery life)
    - Audio: resewt mixer gains to default values since we have lifevibes working now and handling it
    - Audio: Reworked incall audio handling in mixer paths to disable 2nd mic that was picking up noise
    - Audio: Reworked voice commands input mixer paths
    - Audio: Fixed voip calls not picking up microphone due to wrong paths (e.g. apps telegram, whatsapp)
    - Replaced vulkan lib with symlink to mali lib (Like on stock) (This saved some space too)
    - Kernel: Merged upstream aosp 3.18 kernel
    - Kernel: Merged latest upstream cpufreq (DVFS) patches for dynamic voltage and frequency handling
    - Kernel: Enabled CONFIG_HZ_300 for faster interaction handling
    - Cleaned up public.libraries.txt
    - Resolved few more sepolicy issues
    - Removed deprecated custom bt hal as AOSP one works too with extra config flag
    - removed audio effects from voice_recognition as it caused audio hal to crash/restart
    - Merged June 2021. Security update
    - kernel: reverted "net: disable netpoll on fresh napis" which caused cpu to lock up at higher frequencies
    - removed unsupported audio devices from audio policy config
    - sepolicy: Resolved audioserver denial
    - sepolicy: Allowed mediaserver to read exported_camera_prop
    - Removed invalid media codec config for vc1 decoder
    - Removed prop that would try to load non existing vulkan lib
    - Updated media profiles to new schema
    - kernel: Upstreamed and updated to 3.18.140 with all of the latyest security patches and updates to date
    - kernel: enabled vdso32 (https://source.android.com/devices/architecture/kernel/config#vdso32-on-arm64) perf. and battery life improvements
    - kernel: fixed issues with obb folder present in rare cases
    - kernel: merged latest android
    - kernel/common 3.18 branch
    - kernel: updated wireguard
    - kernel: merged N935FXXS8CUD1 source drop
    - A lot of performance and stability improvements

Hi i've tested this ROM from Monday till today, I'm afraid ill have to go back to Floyd ROM because of the following concerns:
    1. Battery life is abysmal y in has constant overheating issues, maybe is a kernel problem, but I'm not a pro at this so don't know if it is so
    2. Video calls in WhatsApp keeps bugging the mic (I think this bug is hereditary from lineageOS)
    3. Camera keeps failing, giving green screens, mos of times it gets fix by resetting the device but something as basic as the camera should be stable in "Stable" version
    4. If I try to merge the memory using the SD, it simply breaks the phone and the SD card
    5. Disney+ gives the code 39 do to recognize the device as a S7 and their logic is that this device it's not capable but when its mask as a Note device it runs normally (maybe this is easy to fix?)
    Other than that it a great experience, love the AOSP flavor and these remarks are more towards a constructive critic instead of dissing it.

As soon these are known corrected issues, ill be sure to return.

Keep up the good work.

PS: I don't have the skills to make proper bug reports so i apologize for the informality