• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11][OFFICAL][herolte] PixelExperience [AOSP]

Search This thread

Safian Khan

Jun 9, 2019
Hi, dude. I love what you're doing and I really appreciate it. I'm really new to all this so I don't know how difficult this really is, so I'll just ask. Is there an android 12 coming? :p

Reactions: hamzaharoon1314

dedoble

Oct 26, 2021
Hi, dude. I love what you're doing and I really appreciate it. I'm really new to all this so I don't know how difficult this really is, so I'll just ask. Is there an android 12 coming? :p
Probably, the question is when. Making a build for a new android version can take months depending on the difficulty of making everything work well. The Android 12 AOSP recently got released but it definitely would be great to have material you♡.

dedoble

Oct 26, 2021
My experience with this rom so far is excellent. Everything from calling, video calling, 4g, YT and basic stuff is just really good. Just one thing I noticed was that the chrome browser was kind of laggy when browsing but not much else.

Reactions: DoctorJim2019

Mr_Biggles

Aug 3, 2012
The Big Smoke
Now my sd card is also corrupted. I tried reboots and remounts already. I did NOT help.

In the twrp filemanager the sd card data is shown correctly. This has to be a bug of the rom.
Just had the same problem, same conditions. 20210923 build. It happened when I first installed the ROM two days ago and again just now.

Camera also goes dark after some time in a video call as mentioned elsewhere.

Other than that the ROM is aces. Smooth and speedy.

roaka1

Jan 17, 2017
Samsung Galaxy S7
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Samsung Galaxy S7 [herolte]

What is this?
PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11

Whats working?
Wi-Fi
RIL
Mobile data
GPS
Camera
Flashlight
Camcorder
Bluetooth
Fingerprint reader
Face unlock
NFC
Lights
Sound/vibration

Known issues
VoLTE/VoWifi due to Samsung's proprietary implementation
You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED

Official downloads
herolte

Latest Unofficial
Download Regular Edition
Download Plus Edition

Donate
Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
Help with project translation

Stay tuned
Our Telegram channel
Our blog

The last version is 2 months old. Has the development stopped or just paused?

akira9294

Nov 26, 2021
hi buddy.
I have some suggestions for you here. The first part about the camera is stopped and the quality is reduced maybe because the algorithm is not compatible. Next is about battery and performance: CPU check only works 6 cores while s7 has 8 cores. great, other than that, Rom would be great if he added the swiping gesture to the navigation bar. there may be but i can't find it. thank you very much.

expressluke

It is likely to come , just not yet, there is the developer known as Ivan meler bringing 12 to S7 which hopefully will come soon good progress is on it. And then once that is available I will bring pixel experience 12 to 8890

Reactions: acetone802000

hamzaharoon1314

May 8, 2019
hamo.tk
@expressluke
I'm using my Samsung S7 Device for the last 4 months. I had noticed that the device gets stuck when I open some apps, like Snapchat and mostly camera apps. I had to force restart it with Power+Home+Volume to get it working again. Also the wifi disappears randomly and again I had to restart to get it working. Please let me know if there's a solution for it. I think it's a bug

Last edited:

akira9294

Nov 26, 2021
[USER = 7166349] @expressluke [/ USER]
I'm using my Samsung S7 Device for the last 4 months. I had noticed that the device gets stuck when I open some apps, like Snapchat and mostly camera apps. I had to force restart it with Power+Home+Volume to get it working again. Also the wifi disappears randomly and again I had to restart to get it working. Please let me know if there's a solution for it. I think it's a bug
Tôi cũng đã từng như vậy. Khá là buồn khi bạn đang chơi game trực tuyến mà lại bị mất kết nối wifi giữa chừng, điều đó thật kinh khủng.

Translated by GT: I used to be like that too. It's quite sad when you are playing an online game and you lose your wifi connection midway, it's horrible.

Last edited by a moderator:

lousou7601

Mar 2, 2015
Really nice work. Installed 23/9 build RQ3A.210905.001 it on herolte S7 (SM-G930F). Seems to me it has a battery drain issue, mobile gets very worm after short usage and battery goes out even in standby in less than a day. Any ideas on what could be causing it?

Worth to mention I have installed Magisk v23, Magisk hide, Magisk SQLite for Arm and Magisk systemless hosts to pass SafetyNet and be able to use Google Pay Contactless which works fine to me after all that including bnking apps etc.

I would also like to have option remove Google App search bar from Launcher or the Date and Calendar events but that is not available.

I tried installing the official Pixel Launcher from Playstore (by first removing the internal NexusLauncher) but although the phone works, the Buttons do not owrk as expected anymore (Recent Apps Switcher doesn't work at all).

Also is there a way for launcher icons like Whatsup or Viber /Mail to show unread notifications?

A way to update internal Launcher to latest would be nice

Last edited:

kurzyx

Dec 26, 2021
Hi,

A week ago I installed this rom on my S7 and it is pretty much perfect. I however am facing one major issue that makes it somewhat unusable.

The battery drains abnormally fast.

Overnight the battery drains to near empty. Drainage slows down when it automatically enters battery saving mode at 15%. During the day this is even worse. The phone is not idle all the time, so I have to charge it several times.

I have had the same issue on the LineageOS version (also Android 11), however it seems quite a bit worse on this rom.

A couple of months ago the battery was replaced with a new one. Looking at a battery app, it's saying that the battery has an estimated capacity of 2850mAh (original is 3000mAh), so this seems fine. The same app is displaying that the last discharge (which was overnight) used 80% (2250mAh) while the phone was in standby.

Does anyone relate to this issue?

Edit: I believe this isn't the correct place to ask about this issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: MisterSevere

Kapanther

Jan 9, 2022
Just flashed the 11 Plus, I'm stuck in the booting screen/logo/animation for over an hour.

I was on LineageOs, but got very annoyed by their forced recovery install and no root (official instructions all outdated/don't work), so I flashed back TWRP on Odin, then flashed 11 Plus (and nothing else). Turned off install TWRP app, wiped system, cache, dalvik, data.

Holding Vol Up + Home + Power won't get it back into recovery. Only thing I can do is Vol Down + Home + Power to go into bootloader, and re-flash TWRP and boot into recovery.

UPDATE: Tried a few more things and finally got through.
What works: Back into bootloader (Vol Down + Home + Power), then get out (Vol Down + Home + Power again), then immediately try to boot into recovery (Vol Up+ Home + Power) the moment the screen turns black. Very small window, if you miss it, it'll will go into system boot. Wipe system, cache, dalvik, data again (Not sure if this part is important). Flash the ROM again. Reboot.

What DOESN'T work: Re-flashing TWRP with ODIN for any reason at any time if you can still boot into it. Maybe something's wrong with TWRP on fresh flash, idk.
Check out post #10 here.. fixed my issue with loading screen

Kapanther

Jan 9, 2022
Check out post #10 here.. fixed my issue with loading screen
check out post #10 here.. fixed my issue

Kapanther

Jan 9, 2022
@expressluke nice work on the rom.. installed perfected.

Only issue i'm having is bluetooth. When i try to get to the bluetooth devices page (long press the bluetooth icon or go through settings) the settings app crashes.

Any ideas?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

A week ago I installed this rom on my S7 and it is pretty much perfect. I however am facing one major issue that makes it somewhat unusable.

Overnight the battery drains to near empty. Drainage slows down when it automatically enters battery saving mode at 15%. During the day this is even worse. The phone is not idle all the time, so I have to charge it several times.

I have had the same issue on the LineageOS version (also Android 11), however it seems quite a bit worse on this rom.

A couple of months ago the battery was replaced with a new one. Looking at a battery app, it's saying that the battery has an estimated capacity of 2850mAh (original is 3000mAh), so this seems fine. The same app is displaying that the last discharge (which was overnight) used 80% (2250mAh) while the phone was in standby.

Hi,

I had the same issue that's why I switch to Android 12 version. Using this build, my battery drains fast and my phone gets really warm even at standby. When checking on battery usage, it doesn't show up what drains my battery. Updating to Android 12 fix the issue.

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Samsung Galaxy S7 [herolte]

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    VoLTE/VoWifi due to Samsung's proprietary implementation
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED

Official downloads
    herolte

Latest Unofficial
    Download Regular Edition
    Download Plus Edition

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

New PixelExperience build released to OTA and Download site with the following changes:
    - Merged latest kernel patches from kernel/common android-3.18 branch
    - Merged July 2021. security update
    - Kernel: Fixed issue where using external sdcard as combined internal storage caused high cpu usage
    - Removed leftover aosp charging animations
    - mounted cpefs folder on boot
    - Added NFC Extended Length support
    - Fixed power profile switching (Better performance/battery life)
    - Audio: resewt mixer gains to default values since we have lifevibes working now and handling it
    - Audio: Reworked incall audio handling in mixer paths to disable 2nd mic that was picking up noise
    - Audio: Reworked voice commands input mixer paths
    - Audio: Fixed voip calls not picking up microphone due to wrong paths (e.g. apps telegram, whatsapp)
    - Replaced vulkan lib with symlink to mali lib (Like on stock) (This saved some space too)
    - Kernel: Merged upstream aosp 3.18 kernel
    - Kernel: Merged latest upstream cpufreq (DVFS) patches for dynamic voltage and frequency handling
    - Kernel: Enabled CONFIG_HZ_300 for faster interaction handling
    - Cleaned up public.libraries.txt
    - Resolved few more sepolicy issues
    - Removed deprecated custom bt hal as AOSP one works too with extra config flag
    - removed audio effects from voice_recognition as it caused audio hal to crash/restart
    - Merged June 2021. Security update
    - kernel: reverted "net: disable netpoll on fresh napis" which caused cpu to lock up at higher frequencies
    - removed unsupported audio devices from audio policy config
    - sepolicy: Resolved audioserver denial
    - sepolicy: Allowed mediaserver to read exported_camera_prop
    - Removed invalid media codec config for vc1 decoder
    - Removed prop that would try to load non existing vulkan lib
    - Updated media profiles to new schema
    - kernel: Upstreamed and updated to 3.18.140 with all of the latyest security patches and updates to date
    - kernel: enabled vdso32 (https://source.android.com/devices/architecture/kernel/config#vdso32-on-arm64) perf. and battery life improvements
    - kernel: fixed issues with obb folder present in rare cases
    - kernel: merged latest android
    - kernel/common 3.18 branch
    - kernel: updated wireguard
    - kernel: merged N935FXXS8CUD1 source drop
    - A lot of performance and stability improvements
    I dont know what the hell is wrong, I put an new sdcard in and it worked for about 3 reboots and now it doesnt read either. So I put my first sdcard into my pc and it said repair card and it did it and worked again. I cant be the only one having problems. The thing with XDA if someone else is they wont say it for fear the developer will get upset. But it would really help me out.
    Hi well i am one day in using this rom and i do have an sd card (64Gb sandisk ultra c10 U1) i had it formatted as an internal storage(The file system should be ext4 i believe in this case and not exFat) after the rom install.The only thing that happened with it is that somehow it got unmounted while the phone was idle for 2h+ and then i got notification that the card is corrupted from the system however after restarting the phone the card got mounted normally and the data was intact no problem (although when the card was unmounted some app were crashing xD and i guess it was expected since some data of the apps are in the sd card in this case) but it worth mentioning that i right now believe the issue occured duo to me having battery guru installed and giving it the root access and trying the aggressive doze it functionality it led to unmounting the sd card as a power saving measure but with the issue not occuring again and having no Logs or can't reproduce it realebly of when it had happened i can't pinpoint why exactly it did happen or report having any issue if it occur just one out of the blue. right now i am taking a slow approach in using and modifying the ROM so if an error happen i can pinpoint at least weather it did happen duo to a system/(root access) modification or is with the ROM from the beginning.

TL;DR: although i don't know how it happen exactly in my case i can't for sure now know if it really is an issue if it would never happen again and i mention it just in case there really were so issue so that you know that you are not alone but unless it happen again calling it a bug to solve would be impossible if there are no data to back it up :p so for me for now it nothing worth mentioning
    Hi i've tested this ROM from Monday till today, I'm afraid ill have to go back to Floyd ROM because of the following concerns:
    1. Battery life is abysmal y in has constant overheating issues, maybe is a kernel problem, but I'm not a pro at this so don't know if it is so
    2. Video calls in WhatsApp keeps bugging the mic (I think this bug is hereditary from lineageOS)
    3. Camera keeps failing, giving green screens, mos of times it gets fix by resetting the device but something as basic as the camera should be stable in "Stable" version
    4. If I try to merge the memory using the SD, it simply breaks the phone and the SD card
    5. Disney+ gives the code 39 do to recognize the device as a S7 and their logic is that this device it's not capable but when its mask as a Note device it runs normally (maybe this is easy to fix?)
    Other than that it a great experience, love the AOSP flavor and these remarks are more towards a constructive critic instead of dissing it.

As soon these are known corrected issues, ill be sure to return.

Keep up the good work.

PS: I don't have the skills to make proper bug reports so i apologize for the informality
    OTA Update for August builds are out. Only small changelog this time!

Changelog:
    August Security patch
    Minor bug fixes
    Updated translations