• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Development [ROM][11][OFFICIAL] crDroid 7.11

Search This thread

mzcl-mn

@Golbinex ,

Hello thank you for your work!

Advice: can you please point how could one install a global tts engine?

Thanks
Hi, I don't know if this is appropriate but I am going to answer my own question:

To solve the lack of tts on the basic nikgapps flavour one can install the tts engine from nikgapps available add-ons. Tested and working.

Now for anyone in general... or the dev OP (@Golbinex)... in particular if someone knows the answer and cares to share it... 😉 Is there any way to activate google voice match after having flashed the ROM with a given Nikgapps flavour?

Thank you!

laviniu_c

Jun 16, 2016
Xiaomi Mi 6
Xiaomi Mi A2
got a weird one for yous,

trying to run the facebook lite app (official from play store)

doesnt start, evetually it trows a no connection popup/erorr mesage and shuts down

can anyone try it? curious if it's smth with the app or my phone/dtaa/wifi?

the big/normal fb app works just fine, so does messenger lite

nvm, started with wifi off - i.e. on mobile data

Last edited:

HIRA123

Dec 30, 2014
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 4G
Yesterday I installed this ROM. Great work done by the OP.

For anyone who wants they can install open gapps as I have installed the same. Only nano and micro package available right now for android 11 though

laviniu_c

Jun 16, 2016
Xiaomi Mi 6
Xiaomi Mi A2
@Golbinex

thanks again for the rom, love the rm -rf easter egg message for the at a glance, it's even got code to seem unresponsive! awesome!

a small bug on the customization styld/wallpaper, the clock change: it works for just the first 4 ones, standard, bold, samsung and samsung bold, the other ones cause the app to crash. not sure if it's due to the gapps or smth about how the aod is set...

not a big issue anyway. everything else i tried works great!

nvm, if works when they're arranged vertically - start clock, crashes just when editing from the style - when they're the horizontal list

Last edited:
Reactions: Lollauser

lyn4er

Jul 26, 2021
here we write that the black crush problem has been fixed. But it is still there on my device. Dear developer, I will be very grateful if you fix this. Otherwise, the firmware is wonderful.

DarknssXDA

Jul 27, 2021
@Golbinex Thanks for the great work!

I had it installed for 2 days now and I'll report any bug 🤓 but so far so good!

Oh! And I have one suggestion: It is possible to implement KCAL or some options to tweak the display parameters? Gamma specially to reduce/eliminate Black Crush. Or It is possible to implement on my own easily? With Magisk or something.

Thanks again and keep it up! 🤩✊🏾

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New build is up.
    • crDroid 7.10
    • Charging stats fixed
    • Kernel upstreamed to 4.14.193
    WARNING: FORMAT DATA REQUIRED, DO NOT UPDATE FROM 7.10 OR OLDER WITHOUT WIPING INTERNAL STORAGE. CANCEL OTA UPDATE IF OFFERED.
    New build is up.
    • crDroid 7.11
    • Switched to OSS vendor
    • New kernel by @vantoman
    7.11 has the same issue as the lineage and pixel experience ROMs that are based on the OSS firmware where they charge the phone at 10 to 15 watts instead of 30, 7.10 charges at an average of 30 watts so that's my reason to suspect the firmware, or maybe it's the kernel? idk :p

BTW I'm not complaining I'm just reporting on what I see and I'm not very technical so it might be just a visual thing I'm not sure.

I used the Ampere app on the google play store and the charging speed status on the lock screen of crDroid to observe the charging speed.
    Maybe that's just some conservative settings from kernel, to save battery life?
    I guess you're talking about physical battery life span.
    Like: There could be profile settings preventing the battery from physically dying earlier, right?

Interesting theory, but I think these profiles rather aim at providing real time benefits.
    Like you either want to have more performance now and except battery to go down faster for the moment, or the opposite.
    Nothing in the manner of long term benefits.
    But on the other hand, I'm also just guessing.
    I guess you're talking about physical battery life span.
    Like: There could be profile settings preventing the battery from physically dying earlier, right?

Interesting theory, but I think these profiles rather aim at providing real time benefits.
    Like you either want to have more performance now and except battery to go down faster for the moment, or the opposite.
    Nothing in the manner of long term benefits.
    But on the other hand, I'm also just guessing.
    Right, i mean a setting to extend battery life span, where fast charging usually do the opposite.
    I guess charging wattage only matters in battery charging speed: a lower one will charge the battery slower and with lower temperatures, with less stress for it, which is good on long term (many charging cycles).
    But we are just guessing :)
    BE3pE0l.png

Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
    You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
    https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/11.0/README.mkdn

Flashing Instructions:

Pre-installation:

First time installation:
    1. Flash latest firmware
    2. Flash TWRP via fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
    3. Reboot to recovery
    4. Flash crDroid ROM zip
    5. Format data
    6. Flash Gapps (optional)
    7. Flash Magisk (optional)
    8. Reboot to system

Update installation:
    1. Reboot to recovery
    2. Flash crDroid ROM zip
    3. Reboot to system

Sources:
    ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
    Device tree: device tree url
    SM6150 common tree: device tree url
    Kernel: kernel url
    Vendor: vendor url

Download:
    ROM

Known issues:
    • None

Credits:

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
    crDroid Mi 11 Lite 4G Telegram
    crDroid Community Telegram

Donate to help our team pay server costsScreenshot_20210722-222344639.jpgScreenshot_20210722-222358998.jpgScreenshot_20210722-222847554.jpg
    New build is up.
    • crDroid 7.10
    • Charging stats fixed
    Changelog

WARNING: FORMAT DATA REQUIRED, DO NOT UPDATE FROM 7.10 OR OLDER WITHOUT WIPING INTERNAL STORAGE. CANCEL OTA UPDATE IF OFFERED.
    • crDroid 7.11
    • Switched to OSS vendor
    • New kernel by @vantoman

• crDroid 7.10
    • Charging stats fixed
    • crDroid 7.9
    • New color modes from sunfish
    • Updated blobs from V12.5.4.0
    • Official build
    • Lower minimum brightness
    • Kernel 4.14.190
    • aptX, LDAC blobs
    • EDIT: color saturation fixed in hotfix build
    • Initial build
    New build is up.
    • Official build
    • Lower minimum brightness
    • Kernel 4.14.190
    • aptX, LDAC blobs
    EDIT: color saturation fixed in hotfix build
    thanks for the update. using it and it fix black crush. the rom is smooth like butter