[EOL][ROM][11.0][OFFICIAL] crDroid Android v7.19 [shamu]

Search This thread

hhrokarvi

Recognized Developer
May 31, 2014
New York
Google Nexus 5
AT&T LG G2
Thank you so much, rom is working great... One thing tho I can't get Viper4android to work... It can't install the driver... I think it needs 32 bit support... Any ideas?

There are some bugs with Viper and Nova. You can make them work with workarounds.... But I won't recommend doing that as it breaks the system. (Viper cause SystemUI to crash repeatedly, I use it as well, I've tested. :') )

dahawthorne

Nov 15, 2014
Brighton
Do you mean Nova Launcher? I've been using that for years and really like it, so that would put a stop to my installation of the ROM for the moment at least, which would be a shame. I hope you mean something else... 😉
Edit: I did find one "problem" reported - the double-tap wake function in Nova - but Nova has three options to lock and choosing the wrong one will disable the wake functionality. Is there another problem?

Last edited:

spiral777

Oct 21, 2011
Chicago
Nexus 6
Google Pixel
There are some bugs with Viper and Nova. You can make them work with workarounds.... But I won't recommend doing that as it breaks the system. (Viper cause SystemUI to crash repeatedly, I use it as well, I've tested. :') )

If you try anything else and need a tester id be happy to :)

Thank you so much for continuing to support the Nexus 6

Reactions: hhrokarvi

hhrokarvi

Recognized Developer
May 31, 2014
New York
Google Nexus 5
AT&T LG G2
Do you mean Nova Launcher? I've been using that for years and really like it, so that would put a stop to my installation of the ROM for the moment at least, which would be a shame. I hope you mean something else... 😉
Edit: I did find one "problem" reported - the double-tap wake function in Nova - but Nova has three options to lock and choosing the wrong one will disable the wake functionality. Is there another problem?

Yes, I meant Nova Launcher. The latest Nova v7 (still in BETA though, using apk from apkmirror) doesn't work properly, the Play Store (Beta) version v6.2.xx works fine after you turn on the Accessibility service/function of it in Settings

Update: Just checked the double tap to "sleep" function (root option) it works properly.

pinakini

Started using the rom for about a hr and dropped it cause it was way too buggy gonna try it in March again...
How?
It's great for me. Mobile network working flawless. Airtel India. Only thing I noticed is Google camera freeze.
Thanks hhrokarvi. 24 hours of usage. No magisk.
All monetary apps are good. Very stable for a beta.

Last edited:

dahawthorne

Nov 15, 2014
Brighton
Andrid 11 clean flash with OpenGapps Pico & Magisk 21.4.
I've spent half of Saturday setting things up again, and the only genuine problem I've seen is "DM Config Update keeps stopping". I have no idea what this does, but I've disabled it in Titanium Backup and don't think I've seen any related problems yet.
Everything seems to work fine, though I've had to spend a lot of time refining permissions to get all the apps working. The last thing I haven't so far been able to fix is Bitwarden Face Unlock, although Face Unlock itself works perfectly. If anyone is using Bitwarden (recommended password manager) and has successfully got the security option to enable biometric Face Unlock, I'd be grateful if they could tell me the secret... :)
hhrokarvi, thanks again, as always.

Reactions: ardonhs

hhrokarvi

Recognized Developer
May 31, 2014
New York
Google Nexus 5
AT&T LG G2
Andrid 11 clean flash with OpenGapps Pico & Magisk 21.4.
I've spent half of Saturday setting things up again, and the only genuine problem I've seen is "DM Config Update keeps stopping". I have no idea what this does, but I've disabled it in Titanium Backup and don't think I've seen any related problems yet.
Everything seems to work fine, though I've had to spend a lot of time refining permissions to get all the apps working. The last thing I haven't so far been able to fix is Bitwarden Face Unlock, although Face Unlock itself works perfectly. If anyone is using Bitwarden (recommended password manager) and has successfully got the security option to enable biometric Face Unlock, I'd be grateful if they could tell me the secret... :)
hhrokarvi, thanks again, as always.

Thanks for the honest review.
DM Config Update is a Verizon app, proprietary to shamu... I don't think its needed in your circumstances, you can safely delete it.. I thought this was causing the mobile data error, but I was looking at the wrong direction.
I'll look into bitwarden if something can be done on my side. Nova working fine for you? Tried the v7 beta version or stuck with v6 on Play Store?

@spiral777 I might have found a fix for Viper... I think the issue was on my side there. Will release an update soon.

spiral777

Oct 21, 2011
Chicago
Nexus 6
Google Pixel
Thanks for the honest review.
DM Config Update is a Verizon app, proprietary to shamu... I don't think its needed in your circumstances, you can safely delete it.. I thought this was causing the mobile data error, but I was looking at the wrong direction.
I'll look into bitwarden if something can be done on my side. Nova working fine for you? Tried the v7 beta version or stuck with v6 on Play Store?

@spiral777 I might have found a fix for Viper... I think the issue was on my side there. Will release an update soon.

Thank you for all your hard work 💪 looking forward to the update 😊

Reactions: mahir555

dahawthorne

Nov 15, 2014
Brighton
hhrokarvi, one small thing to report. On your Android 10 Google Camera 4.2.035.141213305 worked perfectly (this is the last version of GC that works on the N6), but on Android 11 I get only a black screen.
Open Camera and the Android 11 camera work ok, but I like GC's HDR option.
Not a problem, just feedback.

Reactions: mahir555

fueled

Aug 20, 2010
I was trying to play youtube videos at 1440p resolution , but that option is not available, i can only go upto 1080p dont know why.

hhrokarvi

Recognized Developer
May 31, 2014
New York
Google Nexus 5
AT&T LG G2
hhrokarvi, one small thing to report. On your Android 10 Google Camera 4.2.035.141213305 worked perfectly (this is the last version of GC that works on the N6), but on Android 11 I get only a black screen.
Open Camera and the Android 11 camera work ok, but I like GC's HDR option.
Not a problem, just feedback.

Think it's related to app not being updated for Android 11... I use the Google Camera GO Edition by Greatness, works fine.
You can try it here. It has HDR, Portrait, Night mode for Android Go devices.. Not amazing but it works.
The Google Camera NX version (made with Android 7 in mind) doesn't work properly.

dahawthorne

Nov 15, 2014
Brighton
Perhaps related... Netflix is refusing to start - "Error 500". Magisk Hide enabled, VPN split tunnelling, everything I can think of, but no luck. It was fine on crDroid 10. Maybe an older version might work? Anyone got a working version I can look for?

Sakuu

Mar 29, 2020
Sony Xperia 10 III
Sony Xperia 1 III
How?
It's great for me. Mobile network working flawless. Airtel India. Only thing I noticed is Google camera freeze.
Thanks hhrokarvi. 24 hours of usage. No magisk.
All monetary apps are good. Very stable for a beta.
Compared to Lineage 17.1 it heats up way more and im seeing alot more crashes plus GCam crashes so im gonna wait until heat problems are fixed and cam works but customization works and disabling transparency is a very nice touch and im not seeing artifacts like other roms! Very nice (y)

dahawthorne

Nov 15, 2014
Brighton
Sorry, hhrokarvi, very rude of me to miss this question. I'm on Nova 6 on Play Store. Even though I'm a beta user they haven't offered version 7.
Apart from Bitwarden (no problem, I can use a short PIN, which is probably safer) and Netflix (not critical on such a small screen) everything seems to be working fine. Thank you again...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today. We're mainly based on LineageOS so use custom kernels compatible with them!

BE3pE0l.png

Features
    Click for feature list

Always Have a full functional Backup. Just in case!

TWRP Recovery:

TWRP

ROM DOWNLOAD:
    crDroid Site
    DOWNLOAD LATEST OFFICIAL BUILD (Android 11)
    DOWNLOAD LATEST OFFICIAL BUILD (Android 10)
    DOWNLOAD LATEST OFFICIAL BUILD (Pie)

DOWNLOAD GAPPS

First time installing crDroid to your Nexus 6, or coming from another ROM:

** Make sure you're running the latest TWRP Recovery
    1) Copy crDroid zip, gapps zip to your device
    2) Boot into Recovery
    3) Wipe cache, system, & data (or just cache & system for a dirty flash).
    4) Flash ROM
    5) Flash gapps
    6) Boot up

For root, AFTER you boot into the ROM, you can go back to recovery and install Magisk 21.4 or later. (YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED).

Upgrading from earlier version of crDroid:
    The only difference between clean flash as above and upgrading is you just wipe system & cache, leaving data. Everything else is the same. ***Remember to always clean flash before reporting problems. Clean flashing is always the best method of ROM install.

KNOWN ISSUES
    -_-

Don't expect any support if you:
    - are not running the included kernel
    - have installed any mods such as Xposed!
    - have modified system files

Thanks to:

- Google
    - LineageOS
    - SlimRoms
    - AOSPA (Paranoid Android)
    - OmniRom
    - NamelessROM
    - Many others... (if you're feeling upset being out of the thanks list just send a PM )

Sources
    Device Source: https://github.com/frazerecho/android_device_moto_shamu
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_moto_shamu
    Vendor Source: https://github.com/TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_motorola

Contributors:

XDA:DevDB Information

[ROM][10.0][OFFICIAL] crDroid Android v6.12 [shamu], ROM for the Nexus 6

Contributors
    hhrokarvi
    Source Code: https://github.com/crdroidandroid

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest TWRP, Radio and Bootloader from last Official Update
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: v6.13
    Stable Release Date: 2020-12-16
    Current Beta Version: v7.4
    Beta Release Date: 2021-03-07

Created 2019-05-19
    Last Updated 2020-11-10
    crDroid Update:

crDroidAndroid-9.0-20191113-shamu-v5.10

Changelog

Short Changelog:
    - November Security Patches
    - Updated ROM version to 5.10
    - Various updates to base
    - Updates to Network Traffic code
    - Some other fixes here and there
    - Updated translations

Note
    This is going to be the FINAL build of Pie for Nexus 6.

I'll be taking a month or so break to focus on my post-graduate studies as well as taking some time off to recuperate. I'll be back soon with fresh builds of Android 10 for Nexus 6 depending on the progress made by LineageOS maintainers @Elektroschmock and @npjohnson and thanks to both for keeping Nexus 6 alive.
    crDroid Update:

crDroidAndroid-10.0-20200512-shamu-v6.6.zip

Changelog

Short Changelog:
    - For MTP, Go to Dev Options -> Default USB Configuration -> Set to "File Transfer"
    - Camera Fixed. [Read Below]
    - May Security Patches
    - Initial crDroid 6.6 code

- Added weather tile and weather on lockscreen initial support
    - New customizations for "At a glance" feature of crDroid Home Launcher
    - Added option for ringtone playback on both speakers and headset or only headset when using bluetooth
    - Fixed keyboard non popping in Jelly (default browser)
    - Tweaked pin input keyboard height
    - Improved performance with some UI elements
    - Fixed possible crash with some games
    - Launcher improvements for icon pack support and app info
    - Network traffic improvements
    - AOD Tile improvement
    - ARM optimizations (Smooth af :laugh:)
    - Fixed some Calendar issues
    - Updated translations

Notes
    - The ROM is smoother for me as far as my pervious builds go. Rejoice!
    - Many changes to LineageOS Kernel and device, Camera is fixed on my side. Testing it for a day. If anyone else has issues, it's most probably due to hardware differences etc etc. Can't be fixed in software easily. As its said, Your Mileage May Vary...
    - All GApps variants work fine now. It was a permissions issue with the Stock crDroid Launcher.
    - Join the Telegram Group for support, queries and banter. Link Here

Stay Safe Everyone!
    :eek:
    crDroid Update:

crDroidAndroid-10.0-20200516-shamu-v6.6.zip

Changelog

Short Changelog:
    - For MTP, Go to Dev Options -> Default USB Configuration -> Set to "File Transfer"
    - Fixed the random audio issues and hangs while gaming.

- Added Lato and Rubik fonts
    - Some fixes for Stock Launcher
    - Updated translations

Notes
    - Dirty Flash if you're already on my 05/12 build, if you're running anything older, Clean Flash it.
    - The ROM is still smoother for me as far as my pervious builds go. Rejoice!

- All GApps variants work fine now. It was a permissions issue with the Stock crDroid Launcher.
    - Join the Telegram Group for support, queries and banter. Link Here

Stay Safe Everyone!
    :eek:
    crDroid Update:

crDroidAndroid-10.0-20200412-shamu-v6.5.zip (SourceForge Link)

Changelog

Short Changelog:
    - Initial crDroid 6.5 code
    - April Security patches
    - SELinux Enforcing (SafetyNet Passes)
    - For MTP, go to Dev Options -> Default USB Configuration -> set it to "File Transfer"
    - Text fix Android Auto (I don't have a car with Android Auto, so can't confirm)
    - Camera working admirably. [Read Below]
    - Call Issues Fixed! (FINALLY)
    - Updated kernel clang compiler to 10.0.6

- Added option to disable Quick Settings on secure lockscreen
    - Added new option panels for long press on different QS tiles (see Wifi, BT, mobile data, NFC, etc)
    - Added native screen recording tile and power menu
    - Added per-app data usage restrictions
    - Added some new fonts
    - Added Screen Stabilization (customize with long press on QS tile)
    - Added vibration controls (Settings -> Sound -> Vibration & haptics)
    - Added vibration strength control
    - Improved Messaging app dark support
    - Improved overall haptics
    - Removed Launcher promisse app feature
    - Fixed vibration issues with Dialer app
    - Updated translations

Note
    - CLEAN FLASH RECOMMENDED.

- It's STILL a BETA -ish. As far as calls go, I haven't had the problem personally in this update. Been running it for a day. Camera gives a headache sometimes, which can be mitigated by a quick reboot. That's all about that, but your mileage may vary.
    - About GApps, flash nano or below variant, as Pixel Launcher in the micro variant causes some issues with default launcher. This is a GApps issue.
    - Magisk 20.4 solves the issues we've been having with it since some time. Flash 20.4 version and above only.
    - Huge thanks and props to @Elektroschmock and @npjohnson and all other contributors who have helped the Orca in any way, and for LineageOS 17.1!! :laugh:

Stay Safe Everyone! :eek: