• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11][OFFICIAL] DotOS v5.1.3 [walleye]

Search This thread

aX12

Nov 30, 2013
You could try renaming magisk and go in to magisk hide and tick all Google apps (click the boxes and make sure they show a check mark if not click on it so it shows drop down and tick the ones on that aren't on )
Once done clear Google Play services and Google Play store and Google pay
Then try again and let me know.
Strange things, after night all comes good. Gpay works great, already tried to pay with it.

aX12

Nov 30, 2013
it's looking funny, but after dirty flash update dotOS-R-v5.1-walleye-GAPPS-20210529-1106.zip via TWRP, the phone start only with black screen, and nothing else is coming to see. Long press power button only shows menu "Lock device - Reboot - Power Off" and nothing more. Sadly but i don't make backup earlier.

upd1
Flash previous build with wipe system do nothing usefull, all apps crashes, work rightfully only lockscreen.
Nice lol

upd2
Flash another ROM, helps me to save all data. Surprisly gpay work fine without flashing magisk.

Last edited:

XS37

Jan 26, 2015
Bell island nfld
it's looking funny, but after dirty flash update dotOS-R-v5.1-walleye-GAPPS-20210529-1106.zip via TWRP, the phone start only with black screen, and nothing else is coming to see. Long press power button only shows menu "Lock device - Reboot - Power Off" and nothing more. Sadly but i don't make backup earlier.

upd1
Flash previous build with wipe system do nothing usefull, all apps crashes, work rightfully only lockscreen.
Nice lol

upd2
Flash another ROM, helps me to save all data. Surprisly gpay work fine without flashing magisk.
Can you elaborate a little more for me? Explain what you mean when your dirty flashing because if your coming from another room I unfortunately can't help but if your talking about an update that I can help with

Coredown

May 27, 2021
Hi, I have two Pixel 2 and both are running this Rom. I installed the Rom on both phones the same way, but only on one phone the dotos bootanimation is working. On the other one it shows only the word "Android" as bootanimation. Can someone tell me, how to get the dotos bootanimation to work? The file is in system/product/media and permissions are also the same on both phones.
Regards Marc

XS37

Jan 26, 2015
Bell island nfld
Hi, I have two Pixel 2 and both are running this Rom. I installed the Rom on both phones the same way, but only on one phone the dotos bootanimation is working. On the other one it shows only the word "Android" as bootanimation. Can someone tell me, how to get the dotos bootanimation to work? The file is in system/product/media and permissions are also the same on both phones.
Regards Marc
Well you need to replace it with the proper permissions and it has to be the right size (alots changed over the years) here's the permissions and if you can't find a root browser that works you can always put it on your SD reboot to recovery (assuming it's a custom recov) and replace the file and change permissions without any complaint from your device

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210606-150951_Root_Browser.png
    Screenshot_20210606-150951_Root_Browser.png
    174.8 KB · Views: 20

Coredown

May 27, 2021
Well you need to replace it with the proper permissions and it has to be the right size (alots changed over the years) here's the permissions and if you can't find a root browser that works you can always put it on your SD reboot to recovery (assuming it's a custom recov) and replace the file and change permissions without any complaint from your device
Thanks for your reply. I already did that. I copied the bootanimation zip from the working phone, put it to the other one, gave the permissions, but it didn't work. The sizes must fit, because it comes with the rom for the walleye. After that, just for testing i deleted the zip from the working one and rebooted. The animation was then also just the word "android". I put it back, but it also didn't work. So i think, that in case that there is no bootanimation zip in system/product/media, the system uses the animation "android". But how do i get the stock one (dotos) back to work? Is there a boot script, where i have to change something? It isn't really a big problem, but i would like to understand, why it dosn't work like it should.

XS37

Jan 26, 2015
Bell island nfld
Thanks for your reply. I already did that. I copied the bootanimation zip from the working phone, put it to the other one, gave the permissions, but it didn't work. The sizes must fit, because it comes with the rom for the walleye. After that, just for testing i deleted the zip from the working one and rebooted. The animation was then also just the word "android". I put it back, but it also didn't work. So i think, that in case that there is no bootanimation zip in system/product/media, the system uses the animation "android". But how do i get the stock one (dotos) back to work? Is there a boot script, where i have to change something? It isn't really a big problem, but i would like to understand, why it dosn't work like it should.
No by the sounds of it the permissions aren't saving and it's reverting to failsafe bootanim try moving the file in TWRP if that's your recovery if that doesn't work try flashing again without wipe

Coredown

May 27, 2021
No by the sounds of it the permissions aren't saving and it's reverting to failsafe bootanim try moving the file in TWRP if that's your recovery if that doesn't work try flashing again without wipe
TWRP doesn't work also. I will try to dirty flash. Thank you. I think it's a problem with Android 11 as i read some minutes ago.

aX12

Nov 30, 2013
Can you elaborate a little more for me? Explain what you mean when your dirty flashing because if your coming from another room I unfortunately can't help but if your talking about an update that I can help with
I tried to flash update over previous version of this ROM, "dirty" means flash over current rom without any wipes except dalvik/art cache.
And i gets unusable device.
I don't wanted to lose my data by wiping all and flash this rom again, and just flashed (dirty too, just wipes /system) other rom from neighbor forum-trunk(FluidOS) and now get fully working OS, with all my data saved, also Gpay works too.

XS37

Jan 26, 2015
Bell island nfld
I tried to flash update over previous version of this ROM, "dirty" means flash over current rom without any wipes except dalvik/art cache.
And i gets unusable device.
I don't wanted to lose my data by wiping all and flash this rom again, and just flashed (dirty too, just wipes /system) other rom from neighbor forum-trunk(FluidOS) and now get fully working OS, with all my data saved, also Gpay works too.
Are you sure your rom isn't corrupted sounds like it's probably corrupted or there's something else we are missing if you just trying to change the boot animation it's just a zip but if your doing your whole device aka rom flash then it would have to be wiped between each build (unless otherwise stated ota rom updates for example sometimes don't need wipes) if your coming from stock it's just unlock and flash it will auto wipe on your first unlock (wipes the device completely) in my personal experience this only happens when you flash one rom over another or when the rom isn't downloaded correctly or when the device has a hardware issue
Did you by chance use
"Deuces Bootloop-Recovery & Flashing Script"
? If your on a pixel 2 it's a must use when flashing ROMs it helps fix some rom issues I'd recommend it if you still have issues but if your on the device then use titanium backup and back your stuff up so this doesn't repeat itself on you

Halacoglu

Nov 13, 2015
Izmir
Google Pixel 2
Hello. I downloaded 5.1.2 OTA but couldn't install the update. So I booted TWRP and dirty flashed the zip file. Installed the update without errors but there are some bugs now. Some text is missing in settings and the alarm icon in statusbar shows up white even in light theme.

Screenshot_20210719-151431.png
Screenshot_20210719-162728.png
Screenshot_20210719-162736.png

XS37

Jan 26, 2015
Bell island nfld
Hello. I downloaded 5.1.2 OTA but couldn't install the update. So I booted TWRP and dirty flashed the zip file. Installed the update without errors but there are some bugs now. Some text is missing in settings and the alarm icon in statusbar shows up white even in light theme.

View attachment 5365795View attachment 5365799View attachment 5365801
Try reflashing and if not try redownloading on a different device preferably a hard wired network connection

XS37

Jan 26, 2015
Bell island nfld
Yes when I flashed I didn't experience this but I also flashed via PC (toolallinone)
Did you try redownloading on another device I know its tedious but its the only thing I can think of besides a full reflash (backup all current data with titanium backup and photos to your choice of location)
By the sounds of it something isn't "just working" the way its supposed to in a seamless update not sure what it could be seeing as its a/b and everything is done behind the scenes

Did you have any issues when you first flashed the ROM (prior to this update)

(1. Using PC to flash put your device in bootloader)
(2.flash recovery IMG to boot your flav recovery)
((recommended but not required)) flash dueces bootloop and recovery script)
(3.using advanced format reformat all partitions to their current format)
(4. Flash the updated ROM zip )

Halacoglu

Nov 13, 2015
Izmir
Google Pixel 2
Yes when I flashed I didn't experience this but I also flashed via PC (toolallinone)
Did you try redownloading on another device I know its tedious but its the only thing I can think of besides a full reflash (backup all current data with titanium backup and photos to your choice of location)
By the sounds of it something isn't "just working" the way its supposed to in a seamless update not sure what it could be seeing as its a/b and everything is done behind the scenes

Did you have any issues when you first flashed the ROM (prior to this update)

(1. Using PC to flash put your device in bootloader)
(2.flash recovery IMG to boot your flav recovery)
((recommended but not required)) flash dueces bootloop and recovery script)
(3.using advanced format reformat all partitions to their current format)
(4. Flash the updated ROM zip )
Flashed dotOS 5.1.1 by TWRP without any errors but it was a clean flash. All the hassle of the clean flash for a minor version upgrade bothers me now. If I follow those steps you wrote above, will I lose my personal data on the 3rd step?

XS37

Jan 26, 2015
Bell island nfld
Flashed dotOS 5.1.1 by TWRP without any errors but it was a clean flash. All the hassle of the clean flash for a minor version upgrade bothers me now. If I follow those steps you wrote above, will I lose my personal data on the 3rd step?
Thats the reason I recommended titanium backup once its done move the stuff to PC clean flash and put the titanium folder back on the phone reinstall titanium backup and restore apps+data but make sure anything you want to keep was taken off the device

XS37

Jan 26, 2015
Bell island nfld
dotOS 5.1.1 by TWRP without any errors but it was a clean flash. All the hassle of the clean flash for a minor version upgrade bothers me now. If I follow those steps you wrote above, will I lose my personal data on the 3rd step?
Before doing anything go in to twrp wipe /system
Reformat /system to its current format then flash your ROM again if its just a system issue a wipe of /system will fix it however you will need to flash magisk again if you use it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    dotOS_banner-5.0.png

" #DroidOnTime "

ROM Version: 5.1.1

Device: walleye

Maintainer: PixelBoot

Build Status: Official

banner_discl.png

Code:
    * Your warranty is now void.

* We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone by installing any custom ROMs and/or kernels.

* You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers.

"This is a user-friendly thread, all your suggestions are important to us and will be taken into consideration.."

banner_about.png

dotOS is an Android ROM which focuses on performance and stability. We focus on making our rom look and feel great without struggling on Performance and Battery! So that one can get most out of his/her device.....

banner_inst.png

CLEAN FLASH :

Download the latest build and GApps

Reboot to recovery

Make nandroid backup (Not Necessary)

Wipe System, Data, Cache, Dalvik

Flash the latest build and GApps

Reboot

DIRTY FLASH :

Download the latest build

Reboot to recovery

Flash the latest build

Wipe Cache

Reboot

Note: GApps only has to be flashed once whereas Magisk/Su is to be flashed every time you Dirty Flash the OTA Update.

banner_downlods.png

www.droidontime.com

banner_features.png

Code:
    New and refreshed UI

New Customization app (previous named as DotExtras)

Accent Overlay & RGB Picker

Edge Lightning

Battery Styles

Battery Percentage Styles

Clock Customization

Traffic Indicator

Battery Light Customizations

QS data usage info

QS Tiles title toggle

QS Tiles style toggle (AOSP & accent)

QS Rows & Columns Customization

New FOD Icon & Animation picker with previews

FOD recognition color picker

Screen-Off FOD

Automatically temporary disable night light while using FOD (toggle)

New Theme Manager

Overlays based Accent Picker

Material Palette Accent Picker

Smart Accent Picker (find automatically proper shade of accent for the other theme; if you apply custom accent for dark theme, press Smart Accent Picker and it will find a good shade to use for light theme and vice-versa)

Fonts, Icon Packs and Icon Shapes picker

Other Extra Features

Hold power to torch

Double tap on statusbar and lockscreen to sleep

Double tap while sleeping to open doze (ambient display)

Quick Screenshot (3 fingers gesture)

Volume Panel position switch (right or left)

Navigation bar pill size customization (hide, stock, medium, large)

Pocket Mode - avoid scree touches while the phone is in your pocket

Use Biometrics on first boot (unavailable for encrypted users)

Lockscreen Media toggle

Built-in Launcher Grid control

MicroG support

banner_credits.png

DotOSteam

AOSP

Pixel Experience

Dirty Unicorns

And all other open source Devs/Teams.

banner_team.png

Mohan CM - Founder/Core Developer

Sam Grande - UI Developer/Project Co-ordinator

Iacob Ionut - UI, UX Developer/ Core Developer

Sipun Kumar - Developer/Maintainer

Shreehari Vaasistha L - Developer/Maintainer

Special thanks:

Aswin
    - Graphics Designer

ShreeJoy - Web Backend Developer

Manish Bajpai - Web Frontend Developer

Important Links

Liked The ROM? Want to Help Us? Then gift us some credits

banner_sources.png

dot OS source

dotOS-Device Sources

telegram.png

Telegram Group

Telegram Channel

web.png

Website

REPORTING BUGS!

As soon as the problem occurs, take a logcat!

for more READ THIS

and do not forget to send it to us 😜

header_logo_50.png

XDA DevDB Information
    dotOS, ROM for Google Pixel 2

Contributors: PixelBoot
    Source Code: https://github.com/DotOS
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/DotOS-Devices/android_kernel_google_wahoo

ROM OS Version: 11.x Android R
    ROM Firmware Required: Must be On latest Firmware
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information