• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11][OFFICIAL] DotOS v5.2 [taimen]

Search This thread

wambam1

Dec 21, 2011
Yes my GPS is giving me the "accuracy is low" please calibrate"
I've done this twice now, by taking a picture and by doing the figure of 8 ,
And then it tells me ok and finds my location....
But then I open Google maps again another day and it says the same.
Love the ROM otherwise.

RetroTech07

Apr 24, 2021
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Yes my GPS is giving me the "accuracy is low" please calibrate"
I've done this twice now, by taking a picture and by doing the figure of 8 ,
And then it tells me ok and finds my location....
But then I open Google maps again another day and it says the same.
Love the ROM otherwise.
I've gotten that error even on stock rom and haven't had issues with gps, despite doing the figure 8. Doing those motions never seem to do anything for me.

Not So Pro

Jan 4, 2013
Loving this ROM so far, especially since Proton has ended for the 2XL.

The only issue I'm having is a bit of lag on unlock. Has anyone else encountered this? The screen freezes for a second when using the fingerprint (from locked/black screen). Also have noticed that when Bluetooth audio is playing, I lock the phone and keep it on the table for a couple minutes, and then do the same fingerprint unlock from the black screen, then the audio skips ~2-3 seconds.

Last edited:

g000n

Sep 4, 2015

The only issue I'm having is a bit of lag on unlock. Has anyone else encountered this? The screen freezes for a second when using the fingerprint (from locked/black screen). Also have noticed that when Bluetooth audio is playing, I lock the phone and keep it on the table for a couple minutes, and then do the same fingerprint unlock from the black screen, then the audio skips ~2-3 seconds.

Is performance and battery better than ProtonAOSP?

RetroTech07

Apr 24, 2021
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 6 Pro

Working fine for me. Do you have "now playing" feature enabled? I know in some other roms there was an issue with this where it would cause audio to pause briefly going from locked to unlocked, so I'm not sure if the same bug exists here. Try disabling that feature and seeing if it helps.

Disable Now Playing. There's a bug related to the SoundTrigger API on custom ROMs that's causing this.

Reactions: Not So Pro

Not So Pro

Jan 4, 2013
Working fine for me. Do you have "now playing" feature enabled? I know in some other roms there was an issue with this where it would cause audio to pause briefly going from locked to unlocked, so I'm not sure if the same bug exists here. Try disabling that feature and seeing if it helps.

Disable Now Playing. There's a bug related to the SoundTrigger API on custom ROMs that's causing this.

Thank you for the suggestion! Disabling the Now Playing feature fixed the issue with the audio pausing!

Is performance and battery better than ProtonAOSP?
Performance seems on par if not better than ProtonAOSP and likewise with battery life. Have only been running dotOS for a day so I can't come to a full conclusion yet.

sohail_23

Dec 15, 2016
Mumbai
Hi,i am on latest version 5.2 I can't pass safety net error is attestation failed i already checked hide magisk and also tried magisk hide props but no luck can anyone help me out?

dudeman13

Nov 25, 2021
Massive Thank you goes out to the developers for this ROM. It brought my pixel 2xl back from the grave. Very clean UI, very good performance, safteynet passes.

Although this post may fall upon deaf ears as I believe this rom has reached end of life with android 12. I will post a feature request anyways. Maybe it can be included in 6.0 if not the 5.2 revisions.

The pixel 2xl supports esim albeit in some limited capability, and while it is possible to currently switch between the regular sim and eSIM it is very inconvenient. I have to use the dialer code *#*#794824746#*#* to switch between SIMs.

It would be great if this rom could include a native a sim manager in the settings menu to add eSim's and switch between the two slots. While DSDS is not possible due to hardware limitations, eSIM functionality should not be so neutered as to restrict it to hidden menu codes.

Maybe someone has a workaround that I am missing?

more info:
https://support.google.com/fi/threa...switch-from-fi-to-the-physical-sim-card?hl=en

vivebatu

Dec 19, 2009
Moto Z2 Force
Google Pixel 2 XL
Massive Thank you goes out to the developers for this ROM. It brought my pixel 2xl back from the grave. Very clean UI, very good performance, safteynet passes.

Although this post may fall upon deaf ears as I believe this rom has reached end of life with android 12. I will post a feature request anyways. Maybe it can be included in 6.0 if not the 5.2 revisions.

The pixel 2xl supports esim albeit in some limited capability, and while it is possible to currently switch between the regular sim and eSIM it is very inconvenient. I have to use the dialer code *#*#794824746#*#* to switch between SIMs.

It would be great if this rom could include a native a sim manager in the settings menu to add eSim's and switch between the two slots. While DSDS is not possible due to hardware limitations, eSIM functionality should not be so neutered as to restrict it to hidden menu codes.

Maybe someone has a workaround that I am missing?

more info:
https://support.google.com/fi/threa...switch-from-fi-to-the-physical-sim-card?hl=en
Hello, sorry a side question, I see the dialer code can help switch between physical and e-sim but how to setup e-sim? I don't see any settings for e-sim after it's enabled

Fajar153

Dec 16, 2021
I want to install this ROM, previously I used an Android 11 Custom ROM. If I want to install this ROM, do I have to install the stock ROM first or can I just follow the install steps like the example above?

runekock

Apr 24, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Nexus 6
I want to install this ROM, previously I used an Android 11 Custom ROM. If I want to install this ROM, do I have to install the stock ROM first or can I just follow the install steps like the example above?
Short answer: no way for me to know

Long:
The first post states:
ROM Firmware Required: Must be On latest Firmware
Now, most custom roms leave the firmware (radio, bootloader) unchanged, so in that case, the phone still has the firmware from the last stock rom it ran.
However, some custom roms, e.g. ProtonAOSP, install the firmware as well, so in that case, you'll have whatever that rom chose to install - often the newest at the time, but no guarantee.

So to be certain, start by installing the last stock.

Another thing: I just noticed that the downloads on Sourceforge are old - download from the homepage instead

Fajar153

Dec 16, 2021
Short answer: no way for me to know

Long:
The first post states:
Now, most custom roms leave the firmware (radio, bootloader) unchanged, so in that case, the phone still has the firmware from the last stock rom it ran.
However, some custom roms, e.g. ProtonAOSP, install the firmware as well, so in that case, you'll have whatever that rom chose to install - often the newest at the time, but no guarantee.

So to be certain, start by installing the last stock.

Another thing: I just noticed that the downloads on Sourceforge are old - download from the homepage instead
currently I'm using protonAOSP A11 latest version (11.6.0). Can I directly use the install steps ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    dotOS_banner-5.0.png

" #DroidOnTime "

ROM Version: 5.2

Device: taimen

Maintainer: PixelBoot

Build Status: Official

banner_discl.png

Code:
    * Your warranty is now void.

* We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone by installing any custom ROMs and/or kernels.

* You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers.

"This is a user-friendly thread, all your suggestions are important to us and will be taken into consideration.."

banner_about.png

dotOS is an Android ROM which focuses on performance and stability. We focus on making our rom look and feel great without struggling on Performance and Battery! So that one can get most out of his/her device.....

banner_inst.png

CLEAN FLASH :

Download the latest build and GApps

Reboot to recovery

Make nandroid backup (Not Necessary)

Wipe System, Data, Cache, Dalvik

Flash the latest build and GApps

Reboot

DIRTY FLASH :

Download the latest build

Reboot to recovery

Flash the latest build

Wipe Cache

Reboot

Note: GApps only has to be flashed once whereas Magisk/Su is to be flashed every time you Dirty Flash the OTA Update.

banner_downlods.png

SourceForge

banner_features.png

Code:
    [LIST]

New and refreshed UI

New Customization app (previous named as DotExtras)

Accent Overlay & RGB Picker

Edge Lightning

Battery Styles

Battery Percentage Styles

Clock Customization

Traffic Indicator

Battery Light Customizations

QS Tiles title toggle

QS Tiles style toggle (AOSP & accent)

QS Rows & Columns Customization

New FOD Icon & Animation picker with previews

FOD recognition color picker

Screen-Off FOD

Automatically temporary disable night light while using FOD (toggle)

New Theme Manager

Overlays based Accent Picker

Material Palette Accent Picker

Smart Accent Picker (find automatically proper shade of accent for the other theme; if you apply custom accent for dark theme, press Smart Accent Picker and it will find a good shade to use for light theme and vice-versa)

Fonts, Icon Packs and Icon Shapes picker

Other Extra Features

Hold power to torch

Double tap on statusbar and lockscreen to sleep

Double tap while sleeping to open doze (ambient display)

Quick Screenshot (3 fingers gesture)

Volume Panel position switch (right or left)

Navigation bar pill size customization (hide, stock, medium, large)

Pocket Mode - avoid scree touches while the phone is in your pocket

Use Biometrics on first boot (unavailable for encrypted users)

Lockscreen Media toggle

Built-in Launcher Grid control

MicroG support

[CENTER]

[/LIST]

banner_credits.png

DotOSteam

AOSP

Pixel Experience

Dirty Unicorns

And all other open source Devs/Teams.

banner_team.png

Mohan CM - Founder/Core Developer

Sam Grande - UI Developer/Project Co-ordinator

Iacob Ionut - UI, UX Developer/ Core Developer

Sipun Kumar - Developer/Maintainer

Shreehari Vaasistha L - Developer/Maintainer

Special thanks:

Aswin
    - Graphics Designer

ShreeJoy - Web Backend Developer

Manish Bajpai - Web Frontend Developer

Important Links

Liked The ROM? Want to Help Us? Then gift us some credits

banner_sources.png

dot OS source

dotOS-Device Sources

telegram.png

Telegram Group

Telegram Channel

web.png

Website

REPORTING BUGS!

As soon as the problem occurs, take a logcat!

for more READ THIS

and do not forget to send it to us 😜

header_logo_50.png

XDA DevDB Information
    dotOS, ROM for Google Pixel 2 XL

Contributors: PixelBoot
    Source Code: https://github.com/DotOS
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/DotOS-Devices/android_kernel_google_wahoo

ROM OS Version: 11.x Android R
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: v5.2
    Stable Release Date: 10-10-2021
    DotOS 5.2 is now available for Google Pixel 2XL (taimen)

Download
    Taimen and Walleye are still official DotOS devices.
    Stay strong, I am working for the build failure fixes as of the moment.
    See you soon with DotOS 5.2! :)
    Hi PixelBoot. what features available in 2021/03/05 build? Thank you
    It's mostly experimental for now.
    I'll be going official really soon, but in that build I got ActiveEdge working. :)
    The GitHub shows that the kernel for wahoo was updated two days ago. Just have some patience guys.