[EOL][ROM][11][OFFICIAL] crDroid 7.13

Search This thread
Feb 22, 2021
I have installed it immediately upon notice. There are some new bugs described here:

The update progress itself went smooth without problem, however the bug of playing YouTube Vanced has become worse. For 1080p videos there starts to be glitches on the right half of the screen, which becomes out of sync with the left half of the screen. The left half of the screen plays just like normal. This is 1080p. In version 7.5 the 1440p video plays nicely, but in 7.6 the 1440p video completely stops after a few frames of playing, just like what happened to 2160p videos in 7.5, which is the same in 7.6.

Further testing has revealed that using VLC to play local files result the same - left half plays fine, but right half glitches and out fo sync. But, if VLC is playing from SMB stream such as my NAS, everything plays smoothly. I have no 4K videos for test on NAS, so I just tried 1080p ones.

In the meantime I have seen some UI revamps and improvements such as the volume adjustment bars. Thus, it is reasonable to believe that it’s CrDroid that probably eats too much of CPU/GPU which makes the local playback including VLC and YouTube Vanced to glitch; but network streaming such as NewPipe and VLC via SMB plays as usual. NewPipe can even play 4K videos without problem.

This problem probably has a link of that known bug of application icon animation glitch - which can be cured by disabling the blurs at the system level. Presumably it uses a lot of GPU which hits the bottleneck of hardware. Thus, the solution of all of these problems is probably try to do some optimization of the system-level graphics resource control.

I have done some further testing with Vanced and found that the player can handle 1440p50 or even 2160p50 without problem, but there may be occasional stutter of video for 2160p50. For 2160p60 it just stops playing after a few frames. Switching back from 2160p60 to 1440p60 also results a full stop of picture motion just like 2160p60. Switching back to 1080p60 sometimes results a good motion picture but the right half stutter. Closing the video and re-playing from 1080p often provide a better but not always perfect result.

Code:
desktop:~$ adb root
ADB Root access is disabled by system setting - enable in Settings -> System -> Developer options
@Golbinex
I am not seeing it in settings, not where it usually is anyway. What is the setting and correct value to set with adb if it can be set that way ? Or it could be set as new setting in Settings Database Editor after granting permissions, but need to know setting, value and table.

Known issues:
  • Disable blur in Settings -> Display -> Enable blurs to fix lagging animations
  • There seems to be issues with Magisk, not recommended to use
Do you think the build being a user build instead of userdebug may have anything to do with Magisk issues ? Why would you build a user build, and unless I missed it, why not warn people what the rom is or in this case isn't ?

Golbinex

New build is up.
  • crDroid 7.8
Do you think the build being a user build instead of userdebug may have anything to do with Magisk issues ? Why would you build a user build, and unless I missed it, why not warn people what the rom is or in this case isn't ?
Note about user build added to thread, warning about Magisk is already there.

Reactions: VanoSM and tek3195

lapora

Mar 12, 2019
Magisk break the sound and force close some games on this Rom and on lineageos 18.1

Last edited:

iruiz2

Jun 23, 2011
Magisk break the sound and force close some games on this Rom and on lineageos 18.1
Is there any way around it or another way to obtain root?

UPDATE: I had this trouble with LOS 18.1. Tried it in this ROM and everything worked out fine. My steps:

- Extract boot.img from ROM
- Install Magisk canary build and patch the boot.img with it.
- Flash the patched image with TWRP.
- In Magisk install Riru and safetinet-fix-v2.10. Activate MagiskHide. Reboot
- SUCCESS: CRDROID 7.10 android 11 + TWRP + Magisk root (+ sound :) )

Last edited:
Reactions: metaxda

droidbot1337

Apr 2, 2013
great ROM. everything is amazing but i have one issue with vlc. when i plug in a thumb drive, vlc wont add the files automatically. instead i have to go into file explorer and open the otg folder. anyone know how i can fix this?

droidbot1337

Apr 2, 2013
anyone having 20-30% battery drain over night? im running the latest build with the latest beta magisk.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BE3pE0l.png

Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
    You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
    USER BUILD
    https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/11.0/README.mkdn

Flashing Instructions:

Pre-installation:

First time installation:
    1. Flash ROM via TWRP
    2. Flash gapps (optional)
    3. Format data
    More detailed instructions HERE (just flash crDroid zip instead of LineageOS)

Update installation:
    1. Reboot to recovery
    2. Flash ROM

Sources:
    ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
    Device tree: device tree WIFI | device tree LTE
    Common device tree: common device tree url
    Kernel: kernel url
    Vendor: vendor url
    android_hardware_samsung: url

Download:
    WIFI | LTE

Known issues:
    • Disable blur in Settings -> Display -> Enable blurs to fix lagging animations
    • There seems to be issues with Magisk, not recommended to use

Credits:

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
    crDroid Galaxy Tab S5e Telegram
    crDroid Community Telegram
    Donate to help our team pay server costs
    New build is up.
    • Official build
    • crDroid 7.5
    • April security patch
    New build is up.
    • crDroid 7.4
    • March security patch
    NOTE: Format data required if you installed Magisk, otherwise you risk bootloop! There seems to be issues with Magisk, so not recommended to use.

I would very much like to see an official crDroid 7.x for this device.

The simple fact of the matter is this - LineageOS and crDroid are head and shoulders above everything else for stability. And that holds on virtually every device, from what I can see.

Stability is the number 1 thing. I do not give a toss about fancy gimmicks and fanboyism.

All the complaints about "my wifi keeps rebooting the device" and so on, are all utter **** from beginning to end. The people who post these things are clueless buffoons, and their posts are just pollution.

My 3 current devices are all LineageOS 17.1 - Xiaomi Redmi Note 8T, Oneplus 5T, Samsung Galaxy Tab s5e - but they could equally well be crDroid - except of course, there is no official crDroid for the Samsung.

Yet.
    Official build maybe next month. I want to wait at least 30 days before going official.
    crDroid 7 is dropped. You can update to crDroid 8 once you're ready HERE
    Thank you for support.
    New build is up.
    • crDroid 7.6
    • May security patch