• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] [11] [OFFICIAL] [guacamoleb] StatiXOS 4.2 [OOS Camera]

Search This thread

eugene2341

Feb 21, 2018
Kuching
Just wanna say this ROM is amazing! Im getting consistently whole day usage with at least 6.5hr SOT. Thermals are great too. Features are a bit lacking but thats proly why the battery is so good. Fingerprint is flippin fast too. With the volume panel on the left side and safetynet CTS profile passing, this would be perfect. Thanks so much OP for this rom.🥰

m_vaisakh

Just wanna say this ROM is amazing! Im getting consistently whole day usage with at least 6.5hr SOT. Thermals are great too. Features are a bit lacking but thats proly why the battery is so good. Fingerprint is flippin fast too. With the volume panel on the left side and safetynet CTS profile passing, this would be perfect. Thanks so much OP for this rom.🥰
We had run into source issues with volume panel on the left, which is when we switch to left, the volume panel appears in the middle instead of the left in dark mode. Which is why it is still on the right.
About CTS, I'm still looking into why it didn't pass by default. It shall be fixed soon.

Reactions: eugene2341

Seedkills

Aug 4, 2021
Hey, I was thinking of switching to this rom as OP said it was perfectly fine for a daily driver! Which "features" are missing, sorry for being cynical... :(

eugene2341

Feb 21, 2018
Kuching
Hey, I was thinking of switching to this rom as OP said it was perfectly fine for a daily driver! Which "features" are missing, sorry for being cynical... :(
No worries man. If you've used feature heavy ROMS like evox or RR, basically a lot of features that are there are absent here, like showing seconds in clock, auto brightness button in quick settings, screen off animaton , etc etc. Oh and the stock launcher isnt the pixel launcher too. But everything else performance, thermal and battery wise is well worth it.

Reactions: Seedkills

rags_2489

May 11, 2011
Hi,

Thanks for this awesome row. I have tried other roms as well and I have to say, this gives me the best battery life.

I noticed that there is a boot image for 20th Aug but the rom file is missing. Is that intentional?

I am also seeing couple of issues, please look at them at your convenience.

• Dot OS and Descendant OS have much more accurate fingerprint reading. I fail to open my device 2 out of 10 times.
  • Play protect certification is missing, I am not able to find apps like Netflix in play store.
  • Live caption toggle is misplaced in landscape mode.

m_vaisakh

Hi,

Thanks for this awesome row. I have tried other roms as well and I have to say, this gives me the best battery life.

I noticed that there is a boot image for 20th Aug but the rom file is missing. Is that intentional?

I am also seeing couple of issues, please look at them at your convenience.

• Dot OS and Descendant OS have much more accurate fingerprint reading. I fail to open my device 2 out of 10 times.
  • Play protect certification is missing, I am not able to find apps like Netflix in play store.
  • Live caption toggle is misplaced in landscape mode.
The August build was pulled by us because it wasn't booting anymore for some strange reason.

I don't know about other roms, but I've been using StatixOS the whole time, it never failed to recognise my fingerprint at all.
Safetynet and Play Store certification is a known issue.

It is sad to say, but StatixOS Android 11 has reached EOL, we shall be migrating to Android 12 as soon as the source drops.

rags_2489

May 11, 2011
The August build was pulled by us because it wasn't booting anymore for some strange reason.

I don't know about other roms, but I've been using StatixOS the whole time, it never failed to recognise my fingerprint at all.
Safetynet and Play Store certification is a known issue.

It is sad to say, but StatixOS Android 11 has reached EOL, we shall be migrating to Android 12 as soon as the source drops.
Thanks for the info and thanks for maintaining this rom.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

stx-2020.png

StatiXOS for OnePlus 7 (guacamoleb)

What is this?
    StatiXOS is a custom ROM based on the Android Open Source Project aiming to be minimal while providing quality of life improvements and up to date security patches.

Known issues
    OOS Camera has bugs (Note that this is only limited to the Camera App, it does not affect the functionality of the OS whatsoever). To list:
    • 1080p 30fps is the maximum supported video resolution, if you accidentally switch camera video quality, it will crash constantly and you'll have to clear app data to get it working again.
    • Night Mode does not work very well.
    • Front camera portrait does not work.
    • 48MP Does not work
      Report us with a logcat if you find any other bugs.
    Features
    Feature List
    Screenshots

Download StatiXOS here
    Download StatiXOS
    GApps are included!

Flashing Instructions
    For newbie users, go to Post #39 for a detailed flashing instructions
    1. Unlock bootloader (Skip if already done)
    2. Flash our recovery, reboot to recovery
    3. Sideload Official Statix Guacamoleb Build
    4. Format data/Factory Reset (Warning!: This step is necessary and needs to be done if you are coming from an older OFFICIAL build of StatiXOS, i.e., builds before 26th July 2021)
    5. Reboot & Enjoy!

Stay in touch
    Our Telegram channel

Source code
    GitHub
    Gerrit

• Android OS version: 11.0.0_r39
    • Security patch level: July 2021
    Update 26th July 2021

This is a massive update from both device side and StatiXOS Source!

Changelog

• All blobs have been upgraded to OOS 11.
    • Faster FOD (Yes! Very very fast FOD!)
    • OOS Camera included (though it is partially broken)
    • Upgraded and entirely cleaned up kernel (EvaKernel), compiled with EvaGCC (details down below) with Full LTO, many more optimisations to give the best battery and performance.
    • Dropped sdcardfs to reduce the overhead introduced by the driver, because of this change, this build requires a clean flash!
    • Switched to FBEv2
    • New lockscreen keyguard UI (Ported from Android 12)
    Because of the new userdata change (sdcardfs drop), you MUST clean flash this update using the provided recovery, to avoid issues with apps.

Grab the latest build from Post #1!
    Updates:

10th March 2021:

7th April 2021:
    10th June 2021:
    • Source Changelog
    • Volume panel is now on the left side
    • Kernel compiled with GCC 12
    10th June 2021 (NUCLEAR build):
    • June Security Patch
    • OOS 11 blobs based tree
    • FOD revamped and improved speed
    • Kernel is now compiled with my own GCC 12
    • Kernel is built with full GCC LTO support
    • Padding improvements
    • Added a partially working OOS Camera (Isn't fully functional)
    • Overall very stable thermals
    • Note: This build has some bugs.
    • Read more on Post #37
    26th July 2021:
    • All blobs have been upgraded to OOS 11.
    • Faster FOD (Yes! Very very fast FOD!)
    • OOS Camera included (though it is partially broken)
    • Upgraded and entirely cleaned up kernel (EvaKernel), compiled with EvaGCC (details down below) with Full LTO, many more optimisations to give the best battery and performance.
    • Dropped sdcardfs to reduce the overhead introduced by the driver, because of this change, this build requires a clean flash!
    • Switched to FBEv2
    • New lockscreen keyguard UI (Ported from Android 12)
    Because of the new userdata change (sdcardfs drop), you MUST clean flash this update using the provided recovery, to avoid issues with apps.
    Update 7th April 2021

Changelog:

• April 2021 Security Patch
    • Fixed Alert Slider UI
    • Multiple Haptic Intensity support (Now you can adjust vibration intensities from settings > accessibilities > vibration)
    Download from Post #1
    Another Update!

With today's OFFICIAL StatiXOS build, I'm also launching a beta-testing NUCLEAR build with newer trees, and overall improvements.

What are nuclear builds?
    These are usually beta builds, provided for testing newer and experimental features. These can be buggy, so beware.

Changelog:

• June Security Patch
    • OOS 11 blobs based tree
    • FOD revamped and improved speed
    • Kernel is now compiled with my own GCC 12
    • Kernel is built with full GCC LTO support
    • Padding improvements
    • Added a partially working OOS Camera (Isn't fully functional)
    • Overall very stable thermals
    • Note: This build has some bugs.
    Bugs:
    • OOS Camera is broken
    • Changing USB modes may lead to crashdumps, if you face one, press and hold volume up and power button untill the screen turns off and then just press power button to turn on the device. To transfer files, you can use ADB. MTP may lead to this.
    • Statusbar paddings are a bit off

You can find the sources in Post #2

Note: You can flash this NUCLEAR build over the existing OFFICIAL Build, but not the other way around, primary reason being that these builds are based on OOS 11 blobs. If you want to go back to OFFICIAL build, you MUST clean flash, i.e., format data.