• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11][OFFICIAL] Havoc-OS 4.9 for Redmi 5 Plus/Note 5 [vince]

Search This thread

09kkthxbb

Mar 11, 2019
Try to complete format of internal storage from mount section by typing yes.then reboot and flash the rom.it will solve evry issue 99.99%

Thanks for this, I did a complete wipe again with format data and it fixed the problem!

And instead of flashing the magisk.zip, what I did was to patch the boot.img inside the havoc rom .zip file using the magisk app. Then replace the original one. So when I flash the rom, it is already rooted.

This ROM is working good so far, except for some crashes in apps, especially when the app uses wifi hotspot.

even System UI crashes sometimes. I hope it will be fixed in next update.

efm99

Nov 9, 2014
México
Glad to see HavocOS is once again alive for Vince devices! I'd like to try it out now that it is Official, I've been stuck at v3.9 (I know v3.11 was the latest).
Now, there is v4.6 out, but where can I see the changelog? I'd like to see what was changed so I can decide if I upgrade now, or if I can wait for a future release.

09kkthxbb

Mar 11, 2019
Thanks for the latest update!

I don't know if this is a bug or it is just me, but 4.6 won't mount SDCards with exFAT default file system anymore, it will force you to format the card according to system's default (FAT32) before you can mount.

I have 128gb sdcard and it supposed to mount without "format" prompt when I was using 4.5.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210619-204906_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20210619-204906_Settings.png
    146.5 KB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot_20210619-204927_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20210619-204927_Settings.png
    119.1 KB · Views: 27

celephrn

Nov 30, 2018
Mexico City
There's a little hiss coming from the ear piece at all times when the phone is unlocked. Has anyone else encountered this? It's kinda annoying since it shows on video recordings.

stonedgossard

Feb 3, 2020
Thanks for keeping the development for Vince active.

I saw that there is an option to update OTA to 4.6 (I'm at 4.5) but I wanted to know if someone use it before. It's is as simple an reliable as an "oficial" update (just download, wait for the reset and continue with the new version without any lost of data) or does it need any tweaking or process to update.

Thanks for the info and for keeping Vince alive

The_asoc1199

Jun 26, 2021
Hi I'm new to install this custom rom so far good performance but I have 2 issues
1:- battery drains lot faster than stable rom
2 :- ir blaster doesn't work

Thanks for the latest update!

I don't know if this is a bug or it is just me, but 4.6 won't mount SDCards with exFAT default file system anymore, it will force you to format the card according to system's default (FAT32) before you can mount.

I have 128gb sdcard and it supposed to mount without "format" prompt when I was using 4.5.
I also encountered the SD card problem. Samsung 64Gb formatted as exFAT. The phone says it's corrupted. The card works fine in other phones and on PC.

mmorg

Oct 27, 2017
Izmir
I also encountered the SD card problem. Samsung 64Gb formatted as exFAT. The phone says it's corrupted. The card works fine in other phones and on PC.
i had the same problem, SD card prompted me to format it. restarting solved it. no problems so far. 16gb no-name brand. Upgraded from HavocOS 3.9

i didnt modify anything other than installing magisk module (energized).

Top Liked Posts