• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][11][OFFICIAL] lineage-18.1 for Pixel 3/XL (blueline/crosshatch)

Search This thread

smileguy91

Oct 20, 2018
Google Pixel 3 XL
Okay, I don't think this problem is with a debloat. Audio from the speakers seems to be distorted and muffled. Is there something with the stock vs Lineage drivers?

Edit: I think my phone's trying to play audio like it would call audio through speakerphone. Everything sounds like it would through speakerphone - is there a way to direct the audio "normally"?

Last edited:

thachdangss

Apr 5, 2018
I don't see the boot.img in the zip, also adb root (su inaccessible or not found), is there another way to root ?
solved: Turn out the recovery.img is the boot.img, never mind guys ! @@

Last edited:

jkl7878

Nov 1, 2016
I'm also having problems with GPS. Seems to work sporadically in Google Maps. Not at all in some other apps.

Not sure if it's a GApps issue - I'm using the version linked in the first post (MindTheGapps).

Thanks for any help

jkl7878

Nov 1, 2016
I'm also having problems with GPS. Seems to work sporadically in Google Maps. Not at all in some other apps.

Not sure if it's a GApps issue - I'm using the version linked in the first post (MindTheGapps).

Thanks for any help
Actually, I'm not sure if GPS is working at all. I might have just had Wifi location those few times I got it working in Google Maps

namlas

Apr 16, 2009
Is anyone getting random UI unresponsiveness? I thought maybe it was just an issue with the UnOfficial release, but even with the official release I'm still having the same issue.

Completely randomly, the phone will stop responding to most touch events. Can't pull up app drawer, can't pull down notification bar, can't reboot through the UI, etc. The screen turns on/off at the usual timeouts, and I can use the power button to turn the screen on/off as well. But, most other things don't work.

adb shell and adb logcat still work fine, so the OS hasn't crashed and burned. I have to hold the power button down to force a restart. But, even after that, sometimes the phone goes back into the exact same state and I have to reboot multiple times to get it back into a working state.

I also keep getting "Setting Service has crashed" messages at startup -- though, I was also getting these on lineage 17, so I'm not sure if this is related. I'm not able to spot any specific crashes in logcat that would point me towards something specific being the cause of this behavior.

Tech180

I'm also having an issue with the GPS... I don't know if this is a common problem or not but when using pixel dust it worked just fine.

Also as a side note... When using mindthegapps I had horrible google play store issues so I ended up switching to open gapps and pretty much every problem I had was fixed (except the GPS issue)

FcukBloat

Jun 18, 2012
Is anyone getting random UI unresponsiveness? I thought maybe it was just an issue with the UnOfficial release, but even with the official release I'm still having the same issue.

Completely randomly, the phone will stop responding to most touch events. Can't pull up app drawer, can't pull down notification bar, can't reboot through the UI, etc. The screen turns on/off at the usual timeouts, and I can use the power button to turn the screen on/off as well. But, most other things don't work.

adb shell and adb logcat still work fine, so the OS hasn't crashed and burned. I have to hold the power button down to force a restart. But, even after that, sometimes the phone goes back into the exact same state and I have to reboot multiple times to get it back into a working state.

I also keep getting "Setting Service has crashed" messages at startup -- though, I was also getting these on lineage 17, so I'm not sure if this is related. I'm not able to spot any specific crashes in logcat that would point me towards something specific being the cause of this behavior.
no problems of this kind at all

FcukBloat

Jun 18, 2012
I'm also having an issue with the GPS... I don't know if this is a common problem or not but when using pixel dust it worked just fine.

Also as a side note... When using mindthegapps I had horrible google play store issues so I ended up switching to open gapps and pretty much every problem I had was fixed (except the GPS issue)
no problems of any sort with mindthegapps either. about gps it works here in maps but it may be thanks to network location i dunno..

razorloves

Sep 19, 2007
Miami
Google Nexus 5
Nexus 9
not sure how some of you are ending up with messed up gps.
gps has been working fine for me in multiple apps.
using mindthegapps.
according to a log someone sent me with gps not working, the permissions on the Google Play Services app is broken. this can happen from not installing gapps properly.

if your gps isn't working do these adb commands. should fix it.
Code:
adb root
Code:
adb shell pm grant com.google.android.gms android.permission.ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION
Code:
adb shell pm grant com.google.android.gms android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION
Code:
adb shell pm grant com.google.android.gms android.permission.ACCESS_BACKGROUND_LOCATION
then reboot.
if it still doesn't work, send me a pm with logcat showing the problem.

Last edited:

jkl7878

Nov 1, 2016
not sure how some of you are ending up with messed up gps.
gps has been working fine for me in multiple apps.
using mindthegapps.
according to a log someone sent me with gps not working, the permissions on the Google Play Services app is broken. this can happen from not installing gapps properly.

if your gps isn't working do these adb commands. should fix it.
adb root
adb shell pm grant com.google.android.gms android.permission.ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION
if that doesn't fix it, try reboot.
if it still doesn't work, send me a pm with logcat showing the problem.
You're right, it's because I didn't follow your initial GApps installation procedures exactly. I factory reset it and followed your directions and it's working now. Thank you!

yeah cool i didn't know we could update ota without twrp available! great it worked here too :)
haha commercial phone manufactorers dream about that full featured updater since early ages of android. I switched from TWRP to LOS recovery as i started using 18.1 on my Pixel2 and my Galaxy S5. OTA updates running very smooth with LOS recovery. I still use a 3rd phone a Pixel 3 for business usage. As soon as it will run out of support this winter, i will flash LOS to extend its life and to support this wonderful project.

razorloves

Sep 19, 2007
Miami
Google Nexus 5
Nexus 9
yeah cool i didn't know we could update ota without twrp available! great it worked here too :)
ota updating doesn't involve the recovery at all, on devices with a/b slot partitions. never has.
the update is installed while in android (to the other slot). same as on stock rom.
this is not a new thing. lineage has been doing it for a few years. since google implemented it in aosp. started with first gen pixel.
so it doesn't matter what recovery is installed.

zeppelin03

Mar 16, 2020
Thanks for putting this together. I'm excited to have a phone updated beyond Google's arbitrary cutoff.

The one issue I've encountered is that bedtime mode in digital wellness will not cause the screen to go into greyscale. It does trigger do not disturb overnight though. Could a reinstall of mindthegapps fix this?

dethzord

Nov 17, 2009
Just got an 3xl, fresh out of the box. Upgraded to stock android 11 immediately, then installed Lineage. Installed mindthegapps. Installed magisk. Everything looked good until I discovered my phone won't rotate, no GPS. Testing app says no gyro, no accelerometer, no compass.

Is this a mistake with how I installed gapps, or do I have a bad device? Pretty sure I installed correctly, didn't boot prior to gapps install. If the former, can I do a wipe, and reinstall mindthegapps? Or would I need to re-flash Lineage?

Top Liked Posts