• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for Lenovo P2

Search This thread

darwinH

Apr 23, 2021
With the latest update 19.09, loudspeaker stopped working, earphones working ok, anybody else having the same problems ?

Guitarnolife

Nov 28, 2014
How about the in-call volume in this rom? Currently running Pixel Extended 11 and it has very low volume. Forced to use a speaker or a handsfree...
I know there is a fix but it requires root. Wondered it it was fixed in this rom?

cocopipou

Jul 24, 2016
Gembloux
Lenovo P2
I allready asked the following question without receiving any response, no matter.
How would it be possible to make an application think that I'm using an aosp based rom although i'm using lineageos 18.1 ?
There must well be somewhere a flag stored distinguishing aosp from lineageOS.
MyVOO (on the Play Store) considers I’m using a rooted custom rom only due to the fact that this rom is lineageOS.
Roms which are aosp based like Havoc, …, are considered by MyVOO as being stock roms.
My smartphone is not rooted and Magisk is here not useful.

en666

Apr 23, 2011
Lenovo p2c72, twrp 3.5.2, magisk 23.0, ext4 partitions, pin unlocked, updated to 18.1 2021-09-26 with the updater app. Everything smooth, as always. Fantastic 18.1 ROM, thanks a lot Mike.

With the latest update 19.09, loudspeaker stopped working, earphones working ok, anybody else having the same problems ?
Here's fine as well. With 17.1 I had problems with sound in general; at time, solved removing phone boot pin.

I allready asked the following question without receiving any response, no matter.
How would it be possible to make an application think that I'm using an aosp based rom although i'm using lineageos 18.1 ?
There must well be somewhere a flag stored distinguishing aosp from lineageOS.
MyVOO (on the Play Store) considers I’m using a rooted custom rom only due to the fact that this rom is lineageOS.
Roms which are aosp based like Havoc, …, are considered by MyVOO as being stock roms.
My smartphone is not rooted and Magisk is here not useful.
Don't know how you can change that string, but I find myself ok for almost all of the root-searching apps with Magisk Hide. You can give it a try and then uninstall Magisk if it doesn't work

hnsaba

Sep 17, 2017
Lenovo p2c72, twrp 3.5.2, magisk 23.0, ext4 partitions, pin unlocked, updated to 18.1 2021-09-26 with the updater app. Everything smooth, as always. Fantastic 18.1 ROM, thanks a lot Mike.

Here's fine as well. With 17.1 I had problems with sound in general; at time, solved removing phone boot pin.

Don't know how you can change that string, but I find myself ok for almost all of the root-searching apps with Magisk Hide. You can give it a try and then uninstall Magisk if it doesn't work
Compass doesn't work here. Does it work for you?

Do you know any solution for miracast problem?

cocopipou

Jul 24, 2016
Gembloux
Lenovo P2

Many thans for your response.
I have had my phone rooted but magisk isn't helpful in this case.
Magisk allows me to hide the root but to arrive at this point you must first install the app.
Myvoo refuses to be installed because I'm using LineageOS (or another rom based on LineageOS).

cocopipou

Jul 24, 2016
Gembloux
Lenovo P2
1.jpg

Since the end of August or so, I have encountered the following problem almost every time I start (swith on) or restart (from twrp) my phone.
It seems to be a bootloop endless.
I have then to restart the phone.
I made a lot of tests on basis of which I can say that it seems to be independant of twrp, of the gapps used.
Should anyaone have the same problem and eventually a solution ?

RAVINTER

Mar 12, 2021
Many thans for your response.
I have had my phone rooted but magisk isn't helpful in this case.
Magisk allows me to hide the root but to arrive at this point you must first install the app.
Myvoo refuses to be installed because I'm using LineageOS (or another rom based on LineageOS).
Ok im downloaded this app "Myvoo" from apkpure install it and when open it's say something "its not working on root device" so im hide it in magisk and seems work fine.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211002-105404_myVOO.png
    Screenshot_20211002-105404_myVOO.png
    123.2 KB · Views: 25

en666

Apr 23, 2011
Lenovo p2c72, twrp 3.5.2, magisk 23.0, ext4 partitions, pin unlocked, updated to 18.1 2021-10-03 with the updater app. Everything smooth, as always. Fantastic 18.1 ROM, thanks a lot Mike.

HakanDaburda

Oct 3, 2019
Lenovo P2
There is a problem with Google navigation systems. Yandex Navigation only works. None of the applications that need Google location services are working. I have given all kinds of permissions, still it is not working. Anyone able to fix the problem?

educowley

Aug 19, 2020
Hi, after last update my phone not boot, after 5 or 10 minutes reboot in recovery mode.
can you help me? Thanks in advance

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Next build will be including the battery drain fix, sorry it took so long I haven't really checked this thread in a long time.
    Will we get LineageOS 19.0?
    At the current state, no. 3.18 kernel is missing essential functionality for android 12. I have started some experiments with 4.9 kernel here: https://github.com/mikeNG/android_kernel_lenovo_msm8953/commits/lineage-18.1-4.9

It's in very early state so I can't promise that will ever become fully functional. At the moment I have only tested recovery booting and display/volume button navigation work, however usb and touch aren't working so I can't debug much further yet.
    First, thanks a lot for your work. Having 4.9 on our device would be a great advancement. The hardware is still capable with the day's standards for a mid-range phone so please keep it going.
    Second, I have started porting 4.9 to our device in the past week (It is my first experience with porting a kernel to an android phone). I cloned the latest CAF tag for msm8953 (64 bit, android 11)and ported some parts of code like the lenovo camera v2 to it. I compiled it with GCC10 successfully. Other hardware driver seem to be present on the CAF (I may be wrong here). But wit a similar configuration of kernel with 3.18 (and also with adapted msm8953-perf_defconfig), it does not boot and will reboot just after "fastboot boot boot.img". I used dts from 3.18.140 tree.
    Telling the above story, I want to say that I will be happy if I could provide any help.

Best of luck.

Edit: I replaced old dts files with new ones from your repo. Now after issuing "fastboot boot boot.img" phone seems to hang after a short vibration and blue led lights up. (pressing the power button for a few seconds makes device reboot to its previous healthy state)
    You should probably just switch to the whole kernel, it has required commits to boot on kuntao (eg. https://github.com/mikeNG/android_k...mmit/619498f1ac595610b454f8afb14118d2c4b57601 )

So far it's missing charger driver (doesn't compile on 4.9 so it's disabled in defconfig), camera stack isn't ported (needs API hacks in order for old userspace blobs to be compatible) and OTG support is missing (required commit wasn't compiling on 4.9). Also some parts of dts are commented out but I don't remember a lot about these commits in general, I started this project originally in summer 2020 but abandoned it until now where I added the above linked commit that fixes the basic boot issue.
    We will miss you...
    How it became so irreparable?
    It happened 2 and a half weeks ago.
    I was in conversation with a person who had just contacted me, when the conversation was suddenly cut off.
    I tried to call this person back several times but nothing happened.
    I couldn't hear anything anymore : no ringstone.
    I tried to send a SMS, but nothing happened.
    I also tried to send an email, but nothing happened.

I went to a well-known repairer in my region who did a lot of testing, in my presence (it took a lot of time).
    His conclusion was : maybe I can fix the phone except for the internal memory, but it will definitely cost you more than buying a new one.

Namely, this repairer does not sell new smartphones.
    At the current state, no. 3.18 kernel is missing essential functionality for android 12. I have started some experiments with 4.9 kernel here: https://github.com/mikeNG/android_kernel_lenovo_msm8953/commits/lineage-18.1-4.9

It's in very early state so I can't promise that will ever become fully functional. At the moment I have only tested recovery booting and display/volume button navigation work, however usb and touch aren't working so I can't debug much further yet.

First, thanks a lot for your work. Having 4.9 on our device would be a great advancement. The hardware is still capable with the day's standards for a mid-range phone so please keep it going.
    Second, I have started porting 4.9 to our device in the past week (It is my first experience with porting a kernel to an android phone). I cloned the latest CAF tag for msm8953 (64 bit, android 11)and ported some parts of code like the lenovo camera v2 to it. I compiled it with GCC10 successfully. Other hardware driver seem to be present on the CAF (I may be wrong here). But wit a similar configuration of kernel with 3.18 (and also with adapted msm8953-perf_defconfig), it does not boot and will reboot just after "fastboot boot boot.img". I used dts from 3.18.140 tree.
    Telling the above story, I want to say that I will be happy if I could provide any help.

Best of luck.

Edit: I replaced old dts files with new ones from your repo. Now after issuing "fastboot boot boot.img" phone seems to hang after a short vibration and blue led lights up. (pressing the power button for a few seconds makes device reboot to its previous healthy state)
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Installation:
    If you are on stock OS, you need a custom recovery first. You can get the recommended LineageOS recovery in the official installation instructions link below.
    You can use TWRP for installation, however it is no longer officially supported since we do not have full control of its update cycle and potential issues.
    Previous recommended TWRP image: twrp-3.2.3-20190209-kuntao.img

If you are coming from stock or other ROMs, you need to make a factory reset.
    As always, make sure to backup before installing this ROM.

Detailed installation instructions:
    Install LineageOS on kuntao

Detailed upgrade instructions from previous version:
    Upgrade LineageOS on kuntao

Download link:
    LineageOS Downloads

Recommended Google Apps package:
    MindTheGapps (choose ARM64 11.0 zip)

Changelog:
    Changes for kuntao

Bug reports:
    How to submit a bug report
    LineageOS GitLab

Donate to support development:
    Donate via PayPal to mikeioannina
    Donate via PayPal to LineageOS

Source Code:
    https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM Firmware Required:
    Any version of stock 6.0. Recommended P2a42_S251_171107_ROW
    Builds will be available once next weekly build cycle starts.
    Next build will be including the battery drain fix, sorry it took so long I haven't really checked this thread in a long time.
    Will we get LineageOS 19.0?

@mikeioannina

Minimum CPU frequency of both clusters locked at 1036 MHz on los 18.1

Causing that error:
    ANDR-PERF: Unable to link to gPerfHal death notifications!