• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for Lenovo P2

Search This thread

en666

Apr 23, 2011
Lenovo p2c72, twrp 3.5.2, magisk 23.0, ext4 partitions, pin unlocked, updated to 2021-10-17 with the updater app. Everything smooth. Fantastic 18.1 ROM, thanks a lot Mike.

Hi, after last update my phone not boot, after 5 or 10 minutes reboot in recovery mode.
can you help me? Thanks in advance
Before every update I normally give a run with 'force stop apps' and 'sd maid'; after every update I then reboot into recovery to clean dalvik and cache. Updating like this I've never had a problem with the updates, even from 17.1 to 18.1! Hope this is useful to you

educowley

Aug 19, 2020
Lenovo p2c72, twrp 3.5.2, magisk 23.0, ext4 partitions, pin unlocked, updated to 2021-10-17 with the updater app. Everything smooth. Fantastic 18.1 ROM, thanks a lot Mike.

Before every update I normally give a run with 'force stop apps' and 'sd maid'; after every update I then reboot into recovery to clean dalvik and cache. Updating like this I've never had a problem with the updates, even from 17.1 to 18.1! Hope this is useful to you
Thanks, only one question ... Twrp or linage's recovery?

snd1988

Jul 22, 2015
@mikeioannina alarm in phone switched off state doesn't work I am using stock lineageos clock app. And second thing I noticed that their is no turning off sim option to use vodafone data when Jio data finishes. To use vodafone data I put Jio sim into 2G mode because Jio doesn't work on 2G bands but it drains a lot of battery.

bgxx

Jul 23, 2013
Lenovo P2
How about the in-call volume in this rom? Currently running Pixel Extended 11 and it has very low volume. Forced to use a speaker or a handsfree...
I know there is a fix but it requires root. Wondered it it was fixed in this rom?

You may try "settings/Lenovo parts/Audio/Headphone gain" to increase the volume in "Pixel Extended 11" rom.

Screenshot_20210927-133552_Lenovo_parts2.png

d1agnoz

Jul 19, 2018
@mikeioannina, good day! First of all, great thanks to you for supporting P2 all this long time and on <3

I want to share feature, that specific for NFC on all Android 11 based ROMs — Mifare Classic tags are not getting read or they're reading very long time (and i'm not sure if they are reading properly), though NFC Check says everything is allright and there is complete support for NFC and Mifare. On previous Androids everything's allright with Mifare.

All I know for the problem is that it apppears on every 11 Android ROM. I've tried some nfc/Mifare fixes from forums, but nothing works. I've got desperate and decided to get logs while reading NFC on different roms.

Been taking logs via MatLog with Magisk on three roms — LOS18.1 official, LOS17.1 official, MokeeOS 100.0 official. I was doing it like:
1) start recording
2) attach card with NFC tag
3) awaiting for reading
4) remove the card
5) stop recording

What I've got with my unprofessional eye: on Android 10 there are only logs from libnfc_nci and NativeNfcTag, but on Android 11 there are a lot of logs from bcm2079x-i2c, i.e. directly from phone's NFC module.

Recording settings should be the same, I just download MatLog, give Magisk permission and ready to record. I have no experience in development, so I maight have done something dumb, but I can't say exactly what and also i can't analyze all these logs completely.

I've noticed one more thing — on LOS18.1 there was constantly appearing error "failed to connect to jdwp control socket: Connection refused". It was pinging untill i've enabled debug via USB.

I'm attaching all the logs, in the file names there are info about ROM, app and NFC Tag Type.

I can confirm that is not only my device's problem, few peolpe on 4pda also noticed that on all Android 11 roms. I do hope to your attention for the problem and wish you success in future development <3 and after all, sorry for long-read post x)

Attachments

• roms_logs.zip
    76.9 KB · Views: 3
  • photo_2021-10-28_11-16-57.jpg
    photo_2021-10-28_11-16-57.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

sirvelad

Oct 31, 2021
Hello. "Deep sleep" does not work on latest LOS 18.1 (31.10).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211031-212514_CPU_Spy.png
    Screenshot_20211031-212514_CPU_Spy.png
    100.6 KB · Views: 32

en666

Apr 23, 2011
Lenovo p2c72, twrp 3.5.2, magisk 23.0, ext4 partitions, pin unlocked, updated to 2021-11-07 with the updater app. Everything smooth. Fantastic 18.1 ROM, thanks a lot Mike.

Note: on a p2a42 I use as a backup it got stuck on bootloop, but a simple restart fixed the issue.

en666

Apr 23, 2011
Dear Developer, please add a Double tap to sleep for the display I searched but it's not available .
On this rom: settings > display > advanced > Tap to sleep

Or

settings > system > buttons > Navigation Bar section > Home Double Tap action

Or

settings > system > buttons > Home Button section > Double Tap action

Last edited:

InsideShocker

Nov 12, 2021
Hi, using lineage from a couple of weeks, coming from stock. System is more responsive but battery is discharging twice as fast as before (at least). Is this normal? Anyone else experienced this?

dbrlsn

Nov 1, 2021
hi, has anyone installed the stock rom of android 7.0, after trying lineageos 18? how did it proceed? any problems after returning to the stock rom?

Last edited:

RAVINTER

Mar 12, 2021
@InsideShocker My record on this rom is almost 16 hours sot but most of time is 10-11h sot, it's good rom for battery in my case, try install 652mhz fix from Astridxx because this rom have bug and lower frequency at cpu is 1036mhz but you must install this fix always when update this rom.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210906-091242_Ustawienia.png
    Screenshot_20210906-091242_Ustawienia.png
    160.1 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Reactions: mahmutpekkara

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @mikeioannina, good day! First of all, great thanks to you for supporting P2 all this long time and on <3

I want to share feature, that specific for NFC on all Android 11 based ROMs — Mifare Classic tags are not getting read or they're reading very long time (and i'm not sure if they are reading properly), though NFC Check says everything is allright and there is complete support for NFC and Mifare. On previous Androids everything's allright with Mifare.

All I know for the problem is that it apppears on every 11 Android ROM. I've tried some nfc/Mifare fixes from forums, but nothing works. I've got desperate and decided to get logs while reading NFC on different roms.

Been taking logs via MatLog with Magisk on three roms — LOS18.1 official, LOS17.1 official, MokeeOS 100.0 official. I was doing it like:
    1) start recording
    2) attach card with NFC tag
    3) awaiting for reading
    4) remove the card
    5) stop recording

What I've got with my unprofessional eye: on Android 10 there are only logs from libnfc_nci and NativeNfcTag, but on Android 11 there are a lot of logs from bcm2079x-i2c, i.e. directly from phone's NFC module.

Recording settings should be the same, I just download MatLog, give Magisk permission and ready to record. I have no experience in development, so I maight have done something dumb, but I can't say exactly what and also i can't analyze all these logs completely.

I've noticed one more thing — on LOS18.1 there was constantly appearing error "failed to connect to jdwp control socket: Connection refused". It was pinging untill i've enabled debug via USB.

I'm attaching all the logs, in the file names there are info about ROM, app and NFC Tag Type.

I can confirm that is not only my device's problem, few peolpe on 4pda also noticed that on all Android 11 roms. I do hope to your attention for the problem and wish you success in future development <3 and after all, sorry for long-read post x)
    Dear Developer, please add a Double tap to sleep for the display I searched but it's not available .
    I know about this. But this not ok for me i need double tap to sleep in home screen (main Screen) like other ROM or launcher
    Hi, using lineage from a couple of weeks, coming from stock. System is more responsive but battery is discharging twice as fast as before (at least). Is this normal? Anyone else experienced this?
    It's normal. If you want long battery life you should install lineage 16.
    @InsideShocker My record on this rom is almost 16 hours sot but most of time is 10-11h sot, it's good rom for battery in my case, try install 652mhz fix from Astridxx because this rom have bug and lower frequency at cpu is 1036mhz but you must install this fix always when update this rom.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Installation:
    If you are on stock OS, you need a custom recovery first. You can get the recommended LineageOS recovery in the official installation instructions link below.
    You can use TWRP for installation, however it is no longer officially supported since we do not have full control of its update cycle and potential issues.
    Previous recommended TWRP image: twrp-3.2.3-20190209-kuntao.img

If you are coming from stock or other ROMs, you need to make a factory reset.
    As always, make sure to backup before installing this ROM.

Detailed installation instructions:
    Install LineageOS on kuntao

Detailed upgrade instructions from previous version:
    Upgrade LineageOS on kuntao

Download link:
    LineageOS Downloads

Recommended Google Apps package:
    MindTheGapps (choose ARM64 11.0 zip)

Changelog:
    Changes for kuntao

Bug reports:
    How to submit a bug report
    LineageOS GitLab

Donate to support development:
    Donate via PayPal to mikeioannina
    Donate via PayPal to LineageOS

Source Code:
    https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM Firmware Required:
    Any version of stock 6.0. Recommended P2a42_S251_171107_ROW
    Builds will be available once next weekly build cycle starts.
    On the 2021-07-11 build, still no 652 MHz, warm phone on normal usage and noticeable battery drain.
    Here fix 652MHz-fix-kuntao install to via twrp
    @mikeioannina

Minimum CPU frequency of both clusters locked at 1036 MHz on los 18.1

Causing that error:
    ANDR-PERF: Unable to link to gPerfHal death notifications!
    When You click on the link given by Mike You obtain the sreen here above, but chiron isn't kuntao.
    You must then click in the left column on Lenovo to extend, then click on P2.
    You will then see then the build 18.1 isn't still there.
    There was a copy paste error in first post, I have fixed the link now to point at kuntao page