[ROM][11][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for Lenovo P2

Search This thread

cocopipou

Jul 24, 2016
Gembloux
Lenovo P2
Hello Mike,

Thanks again for this great rom that I am leaving now because my kuntao is definitely dead.
It is irreparable (Wifi out of service, same problem with GPS and mobile services).
I bought a Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro.

cocopipou

Jul 24, 2016
Gembloux
Lenovo P2
We will miss you...
How it became so irreparable?
It happened 2 and a half weeks ago.
I was in conversation with a person who had just contacted me, when the conversation was suddenly cut off.
I tried to call this person back several times but nothing happened.
I couldn't hear anything anymore : no ringstone.
I tried to send a SMS, but nothing happened.
I also tried to send an email, but nothing happened.

I went to a well-known repairer in my region who did a lot of testing, in my presence (it took a lot of time).
His conclusion was : maybe I can fix the phone except for the internal memory, but it will definitely cost you more than buying a new one.

Namely, this repairer does not sell new smartphones.

Reactions: hnsaba

mikeioannina

Recognized Developer
Mar 22, 2011
Ioannina
Lenovo P2
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
Will we get LineageOS 19.0?
At the current state, no. 3.18 kernel is missing essential functionality for android 12. I have started some experiments with 4.9 kernel here: https://github.com/mikeNG/android_kernel_lenovo_msm8953/commits/lineage-18.1-4.9

It's in very early state so I can't promise that will ever become fully functional. At the moment I have only tested recovery booting and display/volume button navigation work, however usb and touch aren't working so I can't debug much further yet.

utwer

Feb 19, 2014
At the current state, no. 3.18 kernel is missing essential functionality for android 12. I have started some experiments with 4.9 kernel here: https://github.com/mikeNG/android_kernel_lenovo_msm8953/commits/lineage-18.1-4.9

It's in very early state so I can't promise that will ever become fully functional. At the moment I have only tested recovery booting and display/volume button navigation work, however usb and touch aren't working so I can't debug much further yet.
We all hope that you can do it. Pls, dont stop your work. Our BR!

hnsaba

Sep 17, 2017

First, thanks a lot for your work. Having 4.9 on our device would be a great advancement. The hardware is still capable with the day's standards for a mid-range phone so please keep it going.
Second, I have started porting 4.9 to our device in the past week (It is my first experience with porting a kernel to an android phone). I cloned the latest CAF tag for msm8953 (64 bit, android 11)and ported some parts of code like the lenovo camera v2 to it. I compiled it with GCC10 successfully. Other hardware driver seem to be present on the CAF (I may be wrong here). But wit a similar configuration of kernel with 3.18 (and also with adapted msm8953-perf_defconfig), it does not boot and will reboot just after "fastboot boot boot.img". I used dts from 3.18.140 tree.
Telling the above story, I want to say that I will be happy if I could provide any help.

Best of luck.

Edit: I replaced old dts files with new ones from your repo. Now after issuing "fastboot boot boot.img" phone seems to hang after a short vibration and blue led lights up. (pressing the power button for a few seconds makes device reboot to its previous healthy state)

Last edited:
Reactions: utwer

mikeioannina

Recognized Developer
Mar 22, 2011
Ioannina
Lenovo P2
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
First, thanks a lot for your work. Having 4.9 on our device would be a great advancement. The hardware is still capable with the day's standards for a mid-range phone so please keep it going.
Second, I have started porting 4.9 to our device in the past week (It is my first experience with porting a kernel to an android phone). I cloned the latest CAF tag for msm8953 (64 bit, android 11)and ported some parts of code like the lenovo camera v2 to it. I compiled it with GCC10 successfully. Other hardware driver seem to be present on the CAF (I may be wrong here). But wit a similar configuration of kernel with 3.18 (and also with adapted msm8953-perf_defconfig), it does not boot and will reboot just after "fastboot boot boot.img". I used dts from 3.18.140 tree.
Telling the above story, I want to say that I will be happy if I could provide any help.

Best of luck.

Edit: I replaced old dts files with new ones from your repo. Now after issuing "fastboot boot boot.img" phone seems to hang after a short vibration and blue led lights up. (pressing the power button for a few seconds makes device reboot to its previous healthy state)
You should probably just switch to the whole kernel, it has required commits to boot on kuntao (eg. https://github.com/mikeNG/android_k...mmit/619498f1ac595610b454f8afb14118d2c4b57601 )

So far it's missing charger driver (doesn't compile on 4.9 so it's disabled in defconfig), camera stack isn't ported (needs API hacks in order for old userspace blobs to be compatible) and OTG support is missing (required commit wasn't compiling on 4.9). Also some parts of dts are commented out but I don't remember a lot about these commits in general, I started this project originally in summer 2020 but abandoned it until now where I added the above linked commit that fixes the basic boot issue.

mikeioannina

Recognized Developer
Mar 22, 2011
Ioannina
Lenovo P2
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
Next build will be including the battery drain fix, sorry it took so long I haven't really checked this thread in a long time.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220107-202522_CPU_Spy.png
    Screenshot_20220107-202522_CPU_Spy.png
    93.8 KB · Views: 81

hnsaba

Sep 17, 2017
You should probably just switch to the whole kernel, it has required commits to boot on kuntao (eg. https://github.com/mikeNG/android_k...mmit/619498f1ac595610b454f8afb14118d2c4b57601 )

So far it's missing charger driver (doesn't compile on 4.9 so it's disabled in defconfig), camera stack isn't ported (needs API hacks in order for old userspace blobs to be compatible) and OTG support is missing (required commit wasn't compiling on 4.9). Also some parts of dts are commented out but I don't remember a lot about these commits in general, I started this project originally in summer 2020 but abandoned it until now where I added the above linked commit that fixes the basic boot issue.
Thanks a lot for your comment. It would be very good if you could resolve remaining problems. And it would be great if the resulting repo can be updated with the latest commits from CAF thereafter.
Again I will be happy if I can do something in this regard. I will try your repo in the next free time.

hnsaba

Sep 17, 2017
Next build will be including the battery drain fix, sorry it took so long I haven't really checked this thread in a long time.
Thanks a lot. I have tried conservative governor instead of interactive on 3.18.140 (default kuntao config compiled with GCC10). I should try it again with your patch applied, it seems to help battery back.

utwer

Feb 19, 2014

We all hope that you can do it. Pls, dont stop your work. Our BR

May by this https://sourceforge.net/projects/ro...12-20211011-f.v5.0.0+1.Community.zip/download will help you with A12

Astridxx

Mar 19, 2017
Ankara
Lenovo P2

Attachments

• IMG_20220108_003142_100.jpg
    IMG_20220108_003142_100.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_20220108_003134_237.jpg
    IMG_20220108_003134_237.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 53
Reactions: kimocyc and utwer

hnsaba

Sep 17, 2017
Mike, now that you are here to fix issues, would you please take a look at the miracast problem? When we chose the target TV for sharing the screen, after a few seconds trying to connect, it fails and says "wfd service keeps stopping"

en666

Apr 23, 2011
Lenovo p2c72, twrp 3.5.2, magisk 23.0, ext4 partitions, pin unlocked, updated to 2022-01-09 with the updater app. Everything smooth. Fantastic 18.1 ROM, thanks a lot Mike.

I can confirm this version fixes the cpu freq problem. Now it stays at 652mhz on idle. Will update on battery performances

educowley

Aug 19, 2020
Lenovo p2c72, twrp 3.5.2, magisk 23.0, ext4 partitions, pin unlocked, updated to 2022-01-09 with the updater app. Everything smooth. Fantastic 18.1 ROM, thanks a lot Mike.

I can confirm this version fixes the cpu freq problem. Now it stays at 652mhz on idle. Will update on battery performances
Yes everything, only two bugs , power off alarm not work and cast.

bgxx

Jul 23, 2013
Lenovo P2
Thanks again for this great rom. With the latest update 2022-01-23, everything is working perfectly. Battery consumption seems lower compared to the previous versions. Lenovo p2a42, twrp 3.6.0_9, magisk 23.0.

Top Liked Posts