Code:
[COLOR="Blue"]#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/[/COLOR]

Detailed installation instructions:
Install LineageOS on Xiaomi Mi 6X
Update to a newer build of the same LineageOS version
Upgrade to a higher version of LineageOS (e.g. lineage-18.1 -> lineage-19.1)

Download link:
LineageOS Downloads

Recommended Google Apps package:
MindTheGapps (choose ARM64 11.0 zip)

Changelog:
Changes for wayne

Bug reports:
How to submit a bug report
LineageOS GitLab

Donate to support development:
Donate via PayPal to LineageOS

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS 18.1 for Xiaomi Mi 6X (wayne), ROM for the Xiaomi Mi 6X

Contributors
Source Code:
https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 11
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Recommended V12.0.2.0.PDCCNXM
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
Nightly

Note:
As some users reported, this rom doesn't work with twrp. Please use lineage recovery as mentioned in installation instructions.

Last edited:

chrisdlc119

Mar 17, 2013
Torreon
Xiaomi Mi A2
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Hi @mrmathematica I flashed the ROM using TWRP, and when it finished it rebooted to recovery and got stuck in the TWRP logo. I can flash the LOS recovery, and also one from the LOS unnofficial build, but I can't use the latest TWRP version just like before. Do you know what could have happened and what can I do? Thanks in advance.

Update: the only official TWRP version working for me is 3.3.0.0, which I tried to update and is still stuck in the TWRP logo.

Last edited:

mrmathematica

Nov 23, 2012
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Redmi K20 Pro
Hi @mrmathematica I flashed the ROM using TWRP, and when it finished it rebooted to recovery and got stuck in the TWRP logo. I can flash the LOS recovery, and also one from the LOS unnofficial build, but I can't use the latest TWRP version just like before. Do you know what could have happened and what can I do? Thanks in advance.

Update: the only official TWRP version working for me is 3.3.0.0, which I tried to update and is still stuck in the TWRP logo.

https://wiki.lineageos.org/bugreport-howto.html

Reactions: chrisdlc119

mrmathematica

Nov 23, 2012
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Redmi K20 Pro
According to Isaac Chen (our maintainer), he is using 0625 version + twrp (self-compiled from official source), and everything is fine.

My own 6x is fine with either official TWRP 3.3.1 or 3.4.0, but I'm not on Lineage now. So if TWRP 3.4.0 is not working for you at all, I assume the issue is not with this ROM.

Last edited:

chrisdlc119

Mar 17, 2013
Torreon
Xiaomi Mi A2
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
According to Isaac Chen (our maintainer), he is using 0625 version + twrp (self-compiled from official source), and everything is fine.

My own 6x is fine with either official TWRP 3.3.1 or 3.4.0, but I'm not on Lineage now. So if TWRP 3.4.0 is not working for you at all, I assume the issue is not with this ROM.
I was on AICP before flashing LOS, and latest TWRP was working fine. I reflashed TWRP again and again after this issue but the only version working now in my phone is 3.3.0.0, which is also not working with LOS.

Which ROM are you using? I'd like to try switching to another ROM to see if that fixes this error. I don't know if it's also related to ARB

Last edited:

mrmathematica

Nov 23, 2012
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Redmi K20 Pro
Which ROM are you using? I'd like to try switching to another ROM to see if that fixes this error. I don't know if it's also related to ARB

My 6x is on Official Carbon ROM, with official TWRP. Everything works. I recently upgraded to official TWRP 3.4.0 (from 3.3.1, which I used for a long time), and upgrading carbon rom to newer builds always works. As it is the main phone of a family member, I can't easily switch ROM.

chrisdlc119

Mar 17, 2013
Torreon
Xiaomi Mi A2
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
My 6x is on Official Carbon ROM, with official TWRP. Everything works. I recently upgraded to official TWRP 3.4.0 (from 3.3.1, which I used for a long time), and upgrading carbon rom to newer builds always works. As it is the main phone of a family member, I can't easily switch ROM.

I had to flash the stock ROM in flashable ZIP to make latest TWRP work again. Now, I'm wondering if I should have not wiped the system partition just before flashing LOS, I ignored most of the ROMs do that by themselves. Also, I just realized the post says recommended firmare is stock 11.X.X. Do you know if the maintainer was using that firmware before flashing LOS or if he just didn't wipe the system partition? The last was my bad, as I said, I ignored that most ROMs wipe system partition during installation.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

mrmathematica

Nov 23, 2012
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Redmi K20 Pro
I had to flash the stock ROM in flashable ZIP to make latest TWRP work again. Now, I'm wondering if I should have not wiped the system partition just before flashing LOS, I ignored most of the ROMs do that by themselves. Also, I just realized the post says recommended firmare is stock 11.X.X. Do you know if the maintainer was using that firmware before flashing LOS or if he just didn't wipe the system partition? The last was my bad, as I said, I ignored that most ROMs wipe system partition during installation.

Thanks in advance.

See my note in OP: I checked with dev and he think this is an issue with twrp. Lineage recovery as mentioned in instruction is tested to work.

chrisdlc119

Mar 17, 2013
Torreon
Xiaomi Mi A2
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
See my note in OP: I checked with dev and he think this is an issue with twrp. Lineage recovery as mentioned in instruction is tested to work.
Thanks for following the issue with dev. Now a question would be if by flashing the LOS recovery prior to flashing LOS will allow TWRP to work properly if flashing the recovery later, since in my case I flashed LOS from TWRP, then flashed the LOS recovery and then flashed again LOS to make it boot properly. However, I wasn't able to use latest TWRP until I flashed the latest stock firmware.

I'm Support

Mar 4, 2018
Cannot recognize wired headset with type-c interface

Hello, I want to report a problem. The interface of my wired headset is type-c. When I plug in the lineage os and plug in the headset, the device cannot be recognized. When I plug in the headset to play, the sound will come out of the speaker , Can this problem be solved?

junkypong

May 29, 2011
Sony Xperia 5 II
Can we apply the lineage recovery using the twrp recovery? Or it has to applied via the adb only? Or has the issue with the TRWP been fixed? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

nikmgl

Mar 14, 2018
My China bought Mi 6X is not connecting to Wi-Fi; network is saved but connecting. So decided (have been thinking for some time now) to get rid of the Chinese ROM and unlocked the bootloader. Then I have found out that there is no fastboot ROM for 6X. Luckily I have found this thread. However, I am stuck at "recovery installation" stage.

Recovery.png

As seen from the screenshot I have tried to flash both LOS Recovery and twrp. Both times when I reboot to recovery MI-Recovery 3.0 is there. What I am doing wrong/incomplete.

nikmgl

Mar 14, 2018
My China bought Mi 6X is not connecting to Wi-Fi; network is saved but connecting. So decided (have been thinking for some time now) to get rid of the Chinese ROM and unlocked the bootloader. Then I have found out that there is no fastboot ROM for 6X. Luckily I have found this thread. However, I am stuck at "recovery installation" stage.

View attachment 5501929
As seen from the screenshot I have tried to flash both LOS Recovery and twrp. Both times when I reboot to recovery MI-Recovery 3.0 is there. What I am doing wrong/incomplete.

I somehow managed to boot to LOS Recovery (trick was pushing the buttons right after flashing). I have followed the sideloading steps for both LOS and GApps carefully, however I am now stuck with LOS Recovery screen saying
E:Emulated failed to bind mount /mnt/staging/emulated/media/0 on /storage/emulated: No such file or directory

I have tried rebooting right after sideloading LOS without GApps and same result.

What I am doing wrong/incomplete?

WarZ88

Dec 29, 2010
Irkutsk
Everything works fine, but sometimes i have random reboots. Also i have no idea how to install only rom firmware recomended at 1-st post, and how can I look currently installed version of the rom firmware?

Reactions: master_lam

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No longer supported. but hopefully LoS team can bring Mi 6x back with LOS 20

Code:
    [COLOR="Blue"]#include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */[/COLOR]

Detailed installation instructions:
    Install LineageOS on Xiaomi Mi 6X
    Update to a newer build of the same LineageOS version
    Upgrade to a higher version of LineageOS (e.g. lineage-18.1 -> lineage-19.1)

Download link:
    LineageOS Downloads

Recommended Google Apps package:
    MindTheGapps (choose ARM64 11.0 zip)

Changelog:
    Changes for wayne

Bug reports:
    How to submit a bug report
    LineageOS GitLab

Donate to support development:
    Donate via PayPal to LineageOS

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 18.1 for Xiaomi Mi 6X (wayne), ROM for the Xiaomi Mi 6X

Contributors
    Source Code:
    https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Recommended V12.0.2.0.PDCCNXM
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Nightly

Note:
    As some users reported, this rom doesn't work with twrp. Please use lineage recovery as mentioned in installation instructions.

https://wiki.lineageos.org/bugreport-howto.html

Thanks in advance.

Everything works fine, but sometimes i have random reboots. Also i have no idea how to install only rom firmware recomended at 1-st post, and how can I look currently installed version of the rom firmware?