• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for Mi A2

Search This thread

luminoso

Sep 18, 2009
luminoso.ws
I don't think so because it's a general ROM problem, you don't need an app to run and start logging those specific bits. I just had PixelExperience ROM installed in another device, and it had the exact same problem. After 2 months since first ROM release, the dev released a new version that fixed the DeepSleep problem and now that device lasts way longer, I would say better than stock.
So does pixel experience has the deep sleep bug fixed?
If so, why isn't it backported to LineageOS?

Reactions: rambomhtri
So does pixel experience has the deep sleep bug fixed?
If so, why isn't it backported to LineageOS?
No, I said that I had another device, not even from Xiaomi, where I installed PE ROM and had this same issue, everything working fine except DeepSleep, hence battery problems. However, after a few weeks/months the dev released a version that fixed it, and now that device is working fantastic. So what I'm trying to say is that the dev will probably do the same.

Reactions: luminoso

luminoso

Sep 18, 2009
luminoso.ws
I've checked with other users and CrDroid 7 (Android 11) for xiaomi a2 doesn't have this bug

1626785733107.png

azakosath

Nov 23, 2013
Athens
I installed BBS a couple days ago and as you can see at the attached screenshot there is a kernel wakelock responsible for not entering deep sleep. I've also checked at the bug tracker and nobody has reported this for any official build of LOS 18.1.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210720-173020_BBS.png
    Screenshot_20210720-173020_BBS.png
    249.8 KB · Views: 79
Reactions: luminoso

luminoso

Sep 18, 2009
luminoso.ws
Any update on deep sleep? Is the maintainer even aware of the problem?
I want to create a bug report but I wan't yet able to create a meaningful one:
  • I can't replicate Better Battery Stats 100% "kernel wakelock" like @azakosath
  • I haven't yet test if the deep sleep bug is there without GAPPs
  • I haven't tested if CrDroid/DotOS doesn't have the bug, like some other user reported
Only after those variables isolated it makes sense to report and try to isolate where the problem is. If anyone wants to help on experimenting these topics please do.

I tried this Rom and i had only 2% battery drain over night.

Have you checked if your DeepSleep is working?
I mean, the phone right now is perfectly usable, but the battery lasts way less than it should be because DeepSleep is not working.

Here:
I'm using the latest 7.X version. Somehow the GCam 8.X still crashes when opening, but I'm very happy with 7.X. Only thing missing is EIS in videos.

I would like to mention 3 things:

1. BY THE WAY: I've found one big issue, and that is the phone won't deep sleep. I've restarted and all, I can't think of any app that might prevent from deep sleeping. Can anybody test if it's just me or the ROM has this bug?

I am using the latest version, from today.

*deep sleep: if you don't know what is that, it's a battery saving thing the phone does when idle and it really impacts battery when the phone is not in use. You can check it using DevCheck app. Basically it is what prevents the battery from going from 100% to 88% during night. With deep sleep, that would only drop to 97% or so.

View attachment 5353563

Down there, deep sleep should be counting roughly the same amount of time the phone has been with the screen turned off.

2. Oh, also a minor little bug, when you activate dark mode from QuickTile, the phone blocks itself to the block screen. After that, you unlock it and it works as it should be.

3. Finally, originally the stock ROM had 14GB for OS partition, and I was hoping to get a little bit more space with LOS. However, the partition for LOS is still 14GB. Isn't that too much?

BealeStBluesBoy

Dec 15, 2012

Attachments

• mi-a2-wakelock-fix.zip
    212.3 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts