• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for Mi A2

Search This thread

upcita

Oct 1, 2018
I needed a lot of help. I have this ROM and Magisk installed. I've tried a thousand ways, but Magisk always gives me "ctsProfile" fail and with this I can't get around the problem of entering the bank apps.
Please some help.
Thanks a lot.
Is the banking app problem solved?
What about the missed call problem?
for bank app and ctsProfile issue i use module "magisk props config" to change phone's fingerprint to "official MI A2 andriod10" and problem solved.

Last edited:

Pepito Pérez

Sep 10, 2014
When it booted up, no Google back up configuration restore screen was showed, so it didn't recover wifi passwords, is any way or I lost them all?

francospaleta

Nov 3, 2021
In my A2 LOS 18.1 works perfect, the only but is that updater is too slow to apply updates that the phone enter in standby (I guess) so I need to touch the phone every 5 minutes, because if not the update progress does not advance. Does anyone have the same problem?
I update the phone at least 10 times in the last mounths, and always with the same issue!!

ferrarinews

Oct 15, 2006
There is some way to have a camera, which does slow motion and timelapse. I've installed dozens of gcam and android camera and none works. Can you help me please. Thanks.

Pepito Pérez

Sep 10, 2014
Is another way to update? The updater fails, always. Then I need to change the partition so the OS starts, but not updated.

wq0913562

Sep 26, 2014
The LineageOS installation guide for the Xiaomi Mi A2 says one should use the following command to unlock the bootloader:
  1. Code:
    fastboot oem unlock

But the XDA Forum says one should use the following two commands:
  1. Code:
    fastboot flashing unlock
  2. Code:
    fastboot flashing unlock_critical
Which one is correct?

And is unlocking "critical" needed for LineageOS?

jonnyhh

Jun 28, 2017
What is fastboot flashing unlock?

When the fastboot flashing unlock command is sent, the device should prompt users to warn them that they might encounter problems with unofficial images. After the user acknowledges the warning, the device should perform a factory data reset to prevent unauthorized data access.

What is fastboot oem unlock?

Simply put, fastboot oem lock puts your bootloader into a mode that prevents you from overwriting your recovery image, without a subsequent fastboot oem unlock. This serves as a security precaution, primarily where the default recovery and firmware is installed.

wq0913562

Sep 26, 2014
Your reply does not answer the question what's the difference between "fastboot oem unlock" and "fastboot flashing unlock" & "fastboot flashing unlock_critical".

It also does not explain whether "fastboot flashing unlock_critical" is needed for the LineageOS ROM.

Tbone69

Jun 24, 2016
The LineageOS installation guide for the Xiaomi Mi A2 says one should use the following command to unlock the bootloader:
  1. Code:
    fastboot oem unlock

1. Code:
    fastboot flashing unlock
  2. Code:
Which one is correct?

I have just followed https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/jasmine_sprout/install. No need to unlock critical

rackstar41

Nov 2, 2011
Xiaomi Mi A2
Xiaomi Mi A3
  1. Code:
    fastboot oem unlock

1. Code:
    fastboot flashing unlock
  2. Code:
Which one is correct?

fastboot oem unlock ans fastboot flashing unlock do the same job.
fastboot oem unlock is for "old" devices and fastboot flashing unlock for "new".
Mi A2 accept both.

fastboot flashing unlock_critical is needed if you want to change your bootloader (don't need to install LineageOS).

I also followed the LineageWiki (oem unlock) and everything is OK and I don't have "Unlock warning message" on boot.

Reactions: jonnyhh

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Tried a clean install with exact same LOS and OpenGapps version and still not working in my VW Golf 2016. Is it possible for you to record your phone logcat when plugin the phone to the car USB? So I can search for any difference with mine
    Yes, sure. Just said me how to record logcat, I never did it.
    If you have root, you can use Logcat Extreme

If you do not have root it is a bit trickier. You can use this app but you need to run a command using adb before opening it

Bash:
    adb tcpip 5555
    Finally I did a logcat using this command "logcat -d -f /storage/emulated/0/logcat.txt '*:V'" (my phone is rooted).

What I did :
    - switch off bluetooth and wifi
    - USB debugging OFF
    - reboot my phone
    - connect phone to my car
    - when Android Auto was connected, I generated the logcat

I don't know if you try with severals USB cable, but with 1 of my 2 cables, I can't connect Android Auto.
    Just wanted to say thank you to all of you for providing the ROM and all the useful hints / tips in this thread.

Just semi-dirty flashed over 17.1 (wiped system, dalvik / cache) and installed the ROM along with opengapps and Magisk.
    Also set the phones fingerprint via props as stated in Post #401 for the banking apps.
    Everything is working so far which I didn't expected to be honest ;)
    Hi!
    So, can you share your toughts about battery and smoothness?
    Hard to tell after that short time but what I can say is that there are no noticeable drawbacks in regards of stability, battery life and performance.
    The phone startup seems to take a tiny bit longer. Idle battery might be better on the other hand but that's all just subjective as I didn't take any measurements.
    No crashes or anything, everything ran at least as good as before and all apps I've tried so far and the whole system in general did work as if nothing had changed.
    Only once there was a "System / UI not responding" after the very first boot after flashing. I clicked "wait" and never had any issues again. Might be caused by some init / setup process which was not finished yet.
    The only serious problem I had were constant wifi disconnects but that has nothing to do with this ROM specifically. All my Android 11 devices did have that symptom caused by a "bad setting" in the Fritz!Box router - here's the fix in case anyone is facing this too.
    Hard to tell after that short time but what I can say is that there are no noticeable drawbacks in regards of stability, battery life and performance.
    The phone startup seems to take a tiny bit longer. Idle battery might be better on the other hand but that's all just subjective as I didn't take any measurements.
    No crashes or anything, everything ran at least as good as before and all apps I've tried so far and the whole system in general did work as if nothing had changed.
    Only once there was a "System / UI not responding" after the very first boot after flashing. I clicked "wait" and never had any issues again. Might be caused by some init / setup process which was not finished yet.
    The only serious problem I had were constant wifi disconnects but that has nothing to do with this ROM specifically. All my Android 11 devices did have that symptom caused by a "bad setting" in the Fritz!Box router - here's the fix in case anyone is facing this too.
    Hey bro, thank you for taking a time to write such detailed answer, really appreciate.
    I have Mokee 10 on my phone right know and while it's a great ROM I'm having some stability problems so I'm looking for a stable ROM to flash. I'll considerate everything you said.
    Thanks!
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Detailed installation instructions:
    Install LineageOS on jasmine_sprout

Detailed upgrade instructions from previous version:
    Upgrade LineageOS on jasmine_sprout

Download link:
    LineageOS Downloads

Recommended Google Apps package:
    MindTheGapps (choose ARM64 11.0 zip)

Changelog:
    Changes for jasmine_sprout

Bug reports:
    How to submit a bug report
    LineageOS GitLab

Donate to support development:
    Donate via PayPal to mikeioannina
    Donate via PayPal to LineageOS

Source Code:
    https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM Firmware Required:
    Recommended V11.0.14.0.QDIMIXM for existing users (upgrading from V11.0.14.0.QDIMIXM to anything newer requires a data wipe)
    Recommended V11.0.22.0.QDIMIXM or newer for clean installations
    Builds will be available once next weekly build cycle starts.
    Anyone knows why 24 July build been removed? Installed fine here
    Bug affecting touchscreen of other devices

And for the wakelock bug:
    @mikeioannina seems like we need this patch applied too:
    https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_device_xiaomi_lavender/+/306440

In the meantime, everyone can use the Magisk module attached (now fixed)
    @rambomhtri @luminoso @RodyP @azakosath
    The bug for reboots on switch to data is caused when you have been deactivated the acces to mobile data in any app inside the app info>mobile data & wi-fi. Keep all apps with mobile data activated and no more reboots
    We've been trying to figure out the root cause of this issue for months without luck sadly. Seems to be something kernel specific