• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][11][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for Mi A2

Search This thread

NeoTrantor

Aug 28, 2014
I'm used to flash via TWRP. Does dirty flashing work that way? Any other things to consider?

Regarding the wifi issues:
I've just had an Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC and updated it to Android 11. After that, Wifi was unusable because it disconnected / reconnected immediately after connecting and went into a loop doing this like every 2 seconds. BUT: that only happened to the regular wifi of my router. Any other AP incl. the guest AP of the very same router did worḱ! I'm pretty sure that Xiaomi has some bug in it's Android R wifi-code that doesn't play with "some wifis" and maybe that's why some people are having problems and some do not.
Now my A2 is running fine with 17.1 so I'm a little bit afraid to upgrade right now ;)

Vortex99

May 17, 2013
Mangalore
Xiaomi Mi A2
Unfortunately it didn't help. It's weird. Will try installing stock, updating to latest to make sure FW is the latest, although i did that around 6 month ago and not sure if anything new was released after that in terms of low level FW stuff.
Where you able to fix the issue?
I don't want to do a factory reset again. Was wondering if there is a easier way to fix cannot load android issue.

kradNZ

Nov 4, 2016
No OTA this week?

Edit: Got an OTA.
I just realised that there is no way to clear the dalvik cache via LOS recovery?

Last edited:

imshere

May 2, 2019
The last OTA gave boot loops, so I backed up all android Partitions with `adb pull` command on ubuntu. I think files have FBE (File-Based Encryption). Is there any way to recover my file? I need them.

mvgjaa02

May 16, 2020
The last OTA gave boot loops, so I backed up all android Partitions with `adb pull` command on ubuntu. I think files have FBE (File-Based Encryption). Is there any way to recover my file? I need them.
try to update the system with latest los version through los recovery adb sideload (without reset). as i understood the los update can be done withit the system through menu or through los recovery.

boot loop itself is not so big issue - after a few failed attempts with current booting slot the previous os version should be loaded (at least that is the logic of two partitions used in stock rom).
issues to boot was caused to me just due to magisk plugins. if you do not root your device it should work fine.

Reactions: imshere

mvgjaa02

May 16, 2020
I got 1% battery drain in 8 hrs deep sleep with stock rom but about 5% with Los 18.1
i noticed that the system response is in general better than with stock rom. so for sure there is a price for it.
GPS wit los is really power hungry, but my battery after 2,5 years of intense usage with stock rom has lost for sure some of the capacity (battery condition is still marked in system as good).

what do you mean with deep sleep? you can adjust maximal power usage in battery options.

regarding battery file - apple claimes:
A normal battery is designed to retain up to 80% of its original capacity at 500 complete charge cycles when operating under normal conditions

Top Liked Posts