• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][11][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for Mi A2

Search This thread

NeoTrantor

Aug 28, 2014
I'm used to flash via TWRP. Does dirty flashing work that way? Any other things to consider?

Regarding the wifi issues:
I've just had an Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC and updated it to Android 11. After that, Wifi was unusable because it disconnected / reconnected immediately after connecting and went into a loop doing this like every 2 seconds. BUT: that only happened to the regular wifi of my router. Any other AP incl. the guest AP of the very same router did worḱ! I'm pretty sure that Xiaomi has some bug in it's Android R wifi-code that doesn't play with "some wifis" and maybe that's why some people are having problems and some do not.
Now my A2 is running fine with 17.1 so I'm a little bit afraid to upgrade right now ;)

Vortex99

May 17, 2013
Mangalore
Xiaomi Mi A2
Unfortunately it didn't help. It's weird. Will try installing stock, updating to latest to make sure FW is the latest, although i did that around 6 month ago and not sure if anything new was released after that in terms of low level FW stuff.
Where you able to fix the issue?
I don't want to do a factory reset again. Was wondering if there is a easier way to fix cannot load android issue.

kradNZ

Nov 4, 2016
No OTA this week?

Edit: Got an OTA.
I just realised that there is no way to clear the dalvik cache via LOS recovery?

Last edited:

imshere

May 2, 2019
The last OTA gave boot loops, so I backed up all android Partitions with `adb pull` command on ubuntu. I think files have FBE (File-Based Encryption). Is there any way to recover my file? I need them.

mvgjaa02

May 16, 2020
The last OTA gave boot loops, so I backed up all android Partitions with `adb pull` command on ubuntu. I think files have FBE (File-Based Encryption). Is there any way to recover my file? I need them.
try to update the system with latest los version through los recovery adb sideload (without reset). as i understood the los update can be done withit the system through menu or through los recovery.

boot loop itself is not so big issue - after a few failed attempts with current booting slot the previous os version should be loaded (at least that is the logic of two partitions used in stock rom).
issues to boot was caused to me just due to magisk plugins. if you do not root your device it should work fine.

Reactions: imshere

mvgjaa02

May 16, 2020
I got 1% battery drain in 8 hrs deep sleep with stock rom but about 5% with Los 18.1
i noticed that the system response is in general better than with stock rom. so for sure there is a price for it.
GPS wit los is really power hungry, but my battery after 2,5 years of intense usage with stock rom has lost for sure some of the capacity (battery condition is still marked in system as good).

what do you mean with deep sleep? you can adjust maximal power usage in battery options.

regarding battery file - apple claimes:
A normal battery is designed to retain up to 80% of its original capacity at 500 complete charge cycles when operating under normal conditions

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Seems like it wont deep sleep, but the battery life is quite good.
    Finally, thanks!

It's good but it would be way better if DeepSleep worked, I guarantee you that. I hope the dev fixes it soon. It's the last basic thing that is not working correctly.
    Hi... Are there any important bugs such as performance issues, basic things not working (calls, camera...) or battery issues?

I use the Mi A2 as my main and only phone and I wouldn't like to install a ROM that has some kind of big issue.

Thanks!
    No issues here, everything works. The only thing is for safetynet to be certified you need magisk.
    I found that THE DISE GCam works perfectly fine. All clear. The only thing I don't understand is the slot A B thing. Can anybody explain?
    you can google but i'll try:
    devices with a/b system are faster to update android (according to google). In lineage you need to flash system on one of them (mostly B) and addons like gapps or magisk on the other slot (mostly A); that's why lineage or other rom developers ask you to reboot after flashing rom. Even with roms with gapps preinstalled, system must flash on one slot and then change slots in order to boot up normally. i also like twrp but lately i use less and less twrp features... so i'm ok with lineage recovery.
    GoogleMaps does not work well, I tried reinstalling the rom, but it still does not detect my current location, also the camera in WhatsApp works very very slow, at first it worked fine, but currently it works slow
    Does anyone solved CTS profile fail?
    I tried Magisk Hide and Universal SafetyNet Fix with no success

Magisk -> Install MagiskHide Props Config -> read instructions.

TLDR;
    Open a console on your phone or adb and type 'props'.
    Follow the prompts. I set mine to latest MiA2 offering.

Passes everything once you've done that.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Detailed installation instructions:
    Install LineageOS on jasmine_sprout

Detailed upgrade instructions from previous version:
    Upgrade LineageOS on jasmine_sprout

Download link:
    LineageOS Downloads

Recommended Google Apps package:
    MindTheGapps (choose ARM64 11.0 zip)

Changelog:
    Changes for jasmine_sprout

Bug reports:
    How to submit a bug report
    LineageOS GitLab

Donate to support development:
    Donate via PayPal to mikeioannina
    Donate via PayPal to LineageOS

Source Code:
    https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM Firmware Required:
    Recommended V11.0.14.0.QDIMIXM for existing users (upgrading from V11.0.14.0.QDIMIXM to anything newer requires a data wipe)
    Recommended V11.0.22.0.QDIMIXM or newer for clean installations
    Builds will be available once next weekly build cycle starts.
    The bug for reboots on switch to data is caused when you have been deactivated the acces to mobile data in any app inside the app info>mobile data & wi-fi. Keep all apps with mobile data activated and no more reboots
    We've been trying to figure out the root cause of this issue for months without luck sadly. Seems to be something kernel specific
    My GPS is 100% functional
    I installed latest stock ROM (V11.0.22.0.QDIMIXM) before LOS18.1
    + NikGapps-core
    Everythings are smooth and stable
    Thanks to the Dev 🙏🏻
    (I still didn't find a way to install GCam, if somebody found, please share it in this topi

My GPS is 100% functional
    I installed latest stock ROM (V11.0.22.0.QDIMIXM) before LOS18.1
    + NikGapps-core
    Everythings are smooth and stable
    Thanks to the Dev 🙏🏻
    (I still didn't find a way to install GCam, if somebody found, please share it in this topic)
    Only GCam Mod I was able to install and actually capture photos with is Urnyx's 7.3 v2.5. It has a config file for Mi A2. HDR+ works but auto white balance seems not to be working reliably, at least for me. Took five pictures of the same object a few seconds apart and three of the pictures had different white balances (the lighting in the room did not change). So I set white balance manually for now. Anyway - still much better than stock cam.
    Hope it works for you, too.
    No problems so far, only E-Mail client is gone.
    Updated from last 17.1 without wipe.
    Great!!!!