• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for Mi MIX 2

Search This thread

fermateus

Mar 9, 2012
Lisbon
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Hello guys. I have a problem with this Rom. After setting up a lock password/pin, I'm unable to decrypt data from recovery. I tried TWRP and Orangefox and both give me the same error. I can mount data after a clean install or after a data wipe, but after setting up a password I cannot mount/decrypt it again. Any ideas?

Code:
Unable to decrypt with default password. You may need to perform a Format Data

I tried reinstalling but with no luck.

update: If I remove the pin It works. In Lineage 17 I had no problems, but I can't find a way to make it work here.
I had the same problem
I just removed the pin
now it's solved

Gygun

Mar 13, 2016
Yeah, but that's just a workaround, not a fix. I don't want to remove mi pin/password.

Another bug that I had with this version is that even when I flashed Gapps right after Lineage, after the second reboot, they were gone. Even If I reset to factory, re flashed Gapps, and checked it working in the first reboot, after the second reboot, nothing, gone. (I tried this many times, even with different MIUI, like v11 and v12)

What I did to solve these problems:
Installed LOS 17.1 and then dirty flashed 18.1. That fixed the decrypt problem.
Installed nikgapps instead of normal gapps. That fixed the missing services.

So far I had no other problems. I'm using Magisk 23 + Ruri 25.4.4 + Ruri EdXposed 0.5.2 + GravityBox 11.0.4

Pete.13

Dec 30, 2013
another patch another bootloop

as with the last 2 years workaround is to reflash gapps ....

i guess even after updateing firmware / vendor this device is not ment for ota updates -..-
I installed this patch OTA without any issues.

Are you sure you followed all same steps in the first post?

Did you run a clean install while sticking to the recommended firmware, gapps, LOS recovery from the first post?

There must be something different with your setup.

+DS_DV+

Mar 25, 2018
Xiaomi Mi 4
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
I installed this patch OTA without any issues.

Are you sure you followed all same steps in the first post?

Did you run a clean install while sticking to the recommended firmware, gapps, LOS recovery from the first post?

There must be something different with your setup.
i reinstalled LOS so often i really cant do it anymore (its quite a time consuming exersice).
i know i have just to reflash gapps every time.

the bug started mid 2020 somewhere in the mids of LOS 17.1 (with open gapps) and still presits with LOS 18.1 (mindthegapps).

i use magisk with extended volume range and ioemojies.

i even reflashed vendor images and firmware from xioaomifirmware com etc ...

just hope it gets fixed one day since its anoying to reset all gapps settings everytime. (faster thatn a clean reinstall tho).

my gut tells me that ill live with this till my phone breakes down and i switch to a new device (which hopfully is not in the near future)

hundsboog

Mar 24, 2016
Mine works absolutely w/o any hick ups or issues. Really great work. Since i have my 4000mAh super duper battery from Ali, it runs two days.

I have a really nooby question, but does anybody ever changed the camera module to a better one? Maybe from a mi 2s? I know the cables wont fit but would it technically work? I love my mix 2 so much and upcoming devices are just huge, it looks i have a tablet when telephoning...

luistro

Dec 17, 2014
Spain
Mine works absolutely w/o any hick ups or issues. Really great work. Since i have my 4000mAh super duper battery from Ali, it runs two days.

I have a really nooby question, but does anybody ever changed the camera module to a better one? Maybe from a mi 2s? I know the cables wont fit but would it technically work? I love my mix 2 so much and upcoming devices are just huge, it looks i have a tablet when telephoning...
https://1-dontsharethislink.celsoazevedo.com/file/filesc/GCam_8.1.101_Wichaya_V1.4.apk use this gcam

Reactions: hundsboog

Vesim.pk

May 9, 2021

Please share info about battery, which brand battery do you purchased? Please share me a link . Thanks

Top Liked Posts