[ROM][13][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 20 for Mi MIX 2

Search This thread

Pete.13

Dec 30, 2013
another patch another bootloop

as with the last 2 years workaround is to reflash gapps ....

i guess even after updateing firmware / vendor this device is not ment for ota updates -..-
I installed this patch OTA without any issues.

Are you sure you followed all same steps in the first post?

Did you run a clean install while sticking to the recommended firmware, gapps, LOS recovery from the first post?

There must be something different with your setup.

+DS_DV+

Mar 25, 2018
Xiaomi Mi 4
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
I installed this patch OTA without any issues.

Are you sure you followed all same steps in the first post?

Did you run a clean install while sticking to the recommended firmware, gapps, LOS recovery from the first post?

There must be something different with your setup.
i reinstalled LOS so often i really cant do it anymore (its quite a time consuming exersice).
i know i have just to reflash gapps every time.

the bug started mid 2020 somewhere in the mids of LOS 17.1 (with open gapps) and still presits with LOS 18.1 (mindthegapps).

i use magisk with extended volume range and ioemojies.

i even reflashed vendor images and firmware from xioaomifirmware com etc ...

just hope it gets fixed one day since its anoying to reset all gapps settings everytime. (faster thatn a clean reinstall tho).

my gut tells me that ill live with this till my phone breakes down and i switch to a new device (which hopfully is not in the near future)

hundsboog

Mar 24, 2016
OPPO Find X3 Pro
Mine works absolutely w/o any hick ups or issues. Really great work. Since i have my 4000mAh super duper battery from Ali, it runs two days.

I have a really nooby question, but does anybody ever changed the camera module to a better one? Maybe from a mi 2s? I know the cables wont fit but would it technically work? I love my mix 2 so much and upcoming devices are just huge, it looks i have a tablet when telephoning...

luistro

Dec 17, 2014
Spain
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
Mine works absolutely w/o any hick ups or issues. Really great work. Since i have my 4000mAh super duper battery from Ali, it runs two days.

I have a really nooby question, but does anybody ever changed the camera module to a better one? Maybe from a mi 2s? I know the cables wont fit but would it technically work? I love my mix 2 so much and upcoming devices are just huge, it looks i have a tablet when telephoning...
https://1-dontsharethislink.celsoazevedo.com/file/filesc/GCam_8.1.101_Wichaya_V1.4.apk use this gcam

Reactions: hundsboog

Vesim.pk

May 9, 2021

Please share info about battery, which brand battery do you purchased? Please share me a link . Thanks

FranZeta

Mar 28, 2012
Has anyone been able to solve the problem with TWRP decryption? I tried even reinstall TWRP and ROM but problem still.

Ceshy

Sep 28, 2021
Is there a way to update the manufacturer security patch level? For me, it is still at the level of September 1, 2019.

paula11

Oct 5, 2021
does anyone have problem with incoming calls? I see that most of problem occur on teh second sim but in my case it oocur also on first sim card.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have dirty flashed and upgraded mi mix2 from lineage 20 to lineage 21 and I can say that everything is working for now.

Best regards to the developer and big tnx for your work.
    Before with Lineageos version 20 I could pay with Wallet, now I cannot. Although it says that the device is certified in Google Play detects that the bootloader is modified and does not allow me to pay with Lineageos 21. Any suggestions without installing Magisk.

Traducido con DeepL https://www.deepl.com/app/?utm_source=android&utm_medium=app&utm_campaign=share-translation
    I was also using google wallet flawlessly for some years on my mi mix 2: before in Lineageos 18.1 and then 20. Then on 1 march it stopped working stating "Your device does not satisfies the security requirements. You can't do contactless payments with this device. It could be rooted or run not certified software. Contact the manufacturer or visit the google wallet guide fort getting more info" (translated from italian, it could states something slightly different in english).
    I had not updated the os that was on the last lineage 20 release (if i'm not wrong. I'm speaking of the 13 February 2024 release). I then have upgraded my mix to lineage 21 (dirt upgrade, everything fine) hoping that it would solve the problem but it's still there.
    My smartphone is not rooted. I have simply installed lineageos and MindTheGapps.
    I imagine that the problem is not actually related to the os but, on the contrary, or to an update to the google wallet app or to a "server side change"/security requirements change to google wallet.
    Still I'm posting here, just trying. I'm not asking to circumvent the security checks of google wallet (i do know that this is not permitted by lineageos rules and i do understand and agree with the reasons that caused this decision), but, if this problem could have been caused by some change in lineageos, I would be super glad if it can be solved.

Sorry for the wall of text.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Detailed installation instructions:
    Install LineageOS on chiron

Detailed upgrade instructions from previous version:
    Upgrade LineageOS on chiron

Download link:
    LineageOS Downloads

Recommended Google Apps package:
    MindTheGapps (choose ARM64 13.0 zip)

Changelog:
    Changes for chiron

Bug reports:
    How to submit a bug report
    LineageOS GitLab

Donate to support development:
    Donate via PayPal to mikeioannina
    Donate via PayPal to NeoArian
    Donate via PayPal to LineageOS

Source Code:
    https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM Firmware Required:
    Recommended MIUI Stable V11.0.6.0
    Sadly such modifications are not acceptable for official builds and I haven't found the time to rewrite the lib yet. I will try to fix soon it but can't promise anything :/
    Good news, I finally found some time and implemented an opensource solution for ultrasound proximity sensor. It works fine now so I am going to revive this soon with Lineage 20 builds.
    Or no longer nice product.

Feel like they act as if they're big corporations now, so much secrecy... They want super stable, but lack innovation... Their blog no longer post any update...

I've been looking for other ROM... ProtonAOSP.

I know lots of these also to blame on the incompetent team at Google... many times the update released with error, wrong date... I followed development of GSI...
    Well, this is a project ran by volunteers that do whatever they do in their free time, it just happens that nobody of those people are in the mood writing monthly blog posts for changelogs in the past few years.

You can watch all the progress on gerrit

Android 12 has been a big mess due to the redesign and then 12L dropped which had big changes again, this is why we are so late again... I hope we can improve this in the future but google isn't helping.

Anyway, I'll have some free time in the next few weeks to look into porting lineage 19 for this device :)
    Builds will be available once next weekly build cycle starts.
    All the changes have been merged and first 20 builds will likely be available on Tuesday.