[ROM][13][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 20 for Mi MIX 2

Search This thread

FranZeta

Mar 28, 2012
Well, this is a project ran by volunteers that do whatever they do in their free time, it just happens that nobody of those people are in the mood writing monthly blog posts for changelogs in the past few years.

You can watch all the progress on gerrit

Android 12 has been a big mess due to the redesign and then 12L dropped which had big changes again, this is why we are so late again... I hope we can improve this in the future but google isn't helping.

Anyway, I'll have some free time in the next few weeks to look into porting lineage 19 for this device :)
Hi mikeioannina, any progress with the port to LineageOS 19? I'm not asking about ETA, just to know if the update is still planned.

We haven't gotten many Android 12L ROMs for the Mix 2 so far!

mikeioannina

Recognized Developer
Mar 22, 2011
Ioannina
Lenovo P2
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
Hi mikeioannina, any progress with the port to LineageOS 19? I'm not asking about ETA, just to know if the update is still planned.

We haven't gotten many Android 12L ROMs for the Mix 2 so far!
It's fully ported and working except proximity sensor. I basically need to rewrite the closed source ultrasound libs because they stopped working and I haven't found time for it yet.

FranZeta

Mar 28, 2012
It's fully ported and working except proximity sensor. I basically need to rewrite the closed source ultrasound libs because they stopped working and I haven't found time for it yet.
Thanks for the update and for the hard work you're doing! It's great that you are going to give us the possibility to keep our phones up to date and running for another year.

About the proximity sensor, I'm no expert but I think @Huexxx managed to fix it in his ProtonAOSP port. Maybe you can find a way to reuse his work?

wow respect.
sad that there is no community fork or open library.

maybe you can publish it as nightly since not everyone needs nfc ?
I prefer not to. One of the best features of LineageOS is its stability and I don't mind waiting if we get a stable and robust operating system in return. In the meantime you can keep using version 18.1, or try one of the android 12 roms from other developers who have also done a great job!

Reactions: +DS_DV+

Huexxx

Jul 21, 2009
Madrid
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Hi. Proximity sensor on A11 works fine without any mod neither on libs nor on sources.

The problem on A12 is VNDK/Binder related, and the only way I've figured out to make it work includes framework modifications to binder, removing some binder limitations imposed from A12 onwards. Idk if such mods can ve admisible by Lineage to accept it as official...

I'm using the same ultrasound driver as on A11, A10, A9... the old driver... but with a modified binder.

+DS_DV+

Mar 25, 2018
Xiaomi Mi 4
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
Proximity sensor is not NFC 😂

BTW
Great news, thanks for your work Mike

oh your correct i never thought a phone needed a proximity sensor XD

thanks for the clarification <3

I prefer not to. One of the best features of LineageOS is its stability and I don't mind waiting if we get a stable and robust operating system in return. In the meantime you can keep using version 18.1, or try one of the android 12 roms from other developers who have also done a great job!
that is why i suggest it it as a nightly build not a stable one (;

matoq

Jan 11, 2018
Dirty flashed over 17.1 in TWRP without problems. Everything works as fine as it did in 17.1. No problems with bluetooth, phone calls, 4G, GPS, sensors or whatsoever... Thanks a lot @mikeioannina ! Here's how I did it:

- In TWRP 3.3.1-0 flashed latest lineageos and mindthegapps
- Rebooted without clearing any caches -> everything ok, no root
- Rebooted to TWRP -> ADB-Sideload
- flashed Magisk (downloaded from official Github, APK renamed to ZIP) with adb sideload
- Enjoying Lineageos 18.1 with root

Don't forget to flash mindthegapps everytime after flashing lineageos, else you will have a bootloop.
to all those joining the party late, like me:

I did the same dirty flash without root but with lineage4microg.

• came from the last 'official' build of 17.1 lineage with microg built in
  • boot into recovery TWRP 3.3.1.1
  • go straight to install lineage-18.1-20220507-microG-chiron
  • reboot
  • done, three apps with previously undesired behavior now work fine. should have done this months ago

+DS_DV+

Mar 25, 2018
Xiaomi Mi 4
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
Well, this is a project ran by volunteers that do whatever they do in their free time, it just happens that nobody of those people are in the mood writing monthly blog posts for changelogs in the past few years.

Android 12 has been a big mess due to the redesign and then 12L dropped which had big changes again, this is why we are so late again... I hope we can improve this in the future but google isn't helping.

Anyway, I'll have some free time in the next few weeks to look into porting lineage 19 for this device :)
hey :D
any update or news on blockers?

with kind regards

mikeioannina

Recognized Developer
Mar 22, 2011
Ioannina
Lenovo P2
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
The problem on A12 is VNDK/Binder related, and the only way I've figured out to make it work includes framework modifications to binder, removing some binder limitations imposed from A12 onwards. Idk if such mods can ve admisible by Lineage to accept it as official...
Sadly such modifications are not acceptable for official builds and I haven't found the time to rewrite the lib yet. I will try to fix soon it but can't promise anything :/

Reactions: +DS_DV+ and luistro

alex hamilton

Aug 24, 2021
does anyone get lag spikes using 18.1 on this phone? like sometimes the UI freezes but the pull-down menu is still accessible. It seems like just the app itself is blocked.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have dirty flashed and upgraded mi mix2 from lineage 20 to lineage 21 and I can say that everything is working for now.

Best regards to the developer and big tnx for your work.
    Before with Lineageos version 20 I could pay with Wallet, now I cannot. Although it says that the device is certified in Google Play detects that the bootloader is modified and does not allow me to pay with Lineageos 21. Any suggestions without installing Magisk.

Traducido con DeepL https://www.deepl.com/app/?utm_source=android&utm_medium=app&utm_campaign=share-translation
    I was also using google wallet flawlessly for some years on my mi mix 2: before in Lineageos 18.1 and then 20. Then on 1 march it stopped working stating "Your device does not satisfies the security requirements. You can't do contactless payments with this device. It could be rooted or run not certified software. Contact the manufacturer or visit the google wallet guide fort getting more info" (translated from italian, it could states something slightly different in english).
    I had not updated the os that was on the last lineage 20 release (if i'm not wrong. I'm speaking of the 13 February 2024 release). I then have upgraded my mix to lineage 21 (dirt upgrade, everything fine) hoping that it would solve the problem but it's still there.
    My smartphone is not rooted. I have simply installed lineageos and MindTheGapps.
    I imagine that the problem is not actually related to the os but, on the contrary, or to an update to the google wallet app or to a "server side change"/security requirements change to google wallet.
    Still I'm posting here, just trying. I'm not asking to circumvent the security checks of google wallet (i do know that this is not permitted by lineageos rules and i do understand and agree with the reasons that caused this decision), but, if this problem could have been caused by some change in lineageos, I would be super glad if it can be solved.

Sorry for the wall of text.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Detailed installation instructions:
    Install LineageOS on chiron

Detailed upgrade instructions from previous version:
    Upgrade LineageOS on chiron

Download link:
    LineageOS Downloads

Recommended Google Apps package:
    MindTheGapps (choose ARM64 13.0 zip)

Changelog:
    Changes for chiron

Bug reports:
    How to submit a bug report
    LineageOS GitLab

Donate to support development:
    Donate via PayPal to mikeioannina
    Donate via PayPal to NeoArian
    Donate via PayPal to LineageOS

Source Code:
    https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM Firmware Required:
    Recommended MIUI Stable V11.0.6.0
    Sadly such modifications are not acceptable for official builds and I haven't found the time to rewrite the lib yet. I will try to fix soon it but can't promise anything :/
    Good news, I finally found some time and implemented an opensource solution for ultrasound proximity sensor. It works fine now so I am going to revive this soon with Lineage 20 builds.
    Or no longer nice product.

Feel like they act as if they're big corporations now, so much secrecy... They want super stable, but lack innovation... Their blog no longer post any update...

I've been looking for other ROM... ProtonAOSP.

I know lots of these also to blame on the incompetent team at Google... many times the update released with error, wrong date... I followed development of GSI...

Builds will be available once next weekly build cycle starts.
    All the changes have been merged and first 20 builds will likely be available on Tuesday.