• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for Razer Phone 2

Search This thread

HyperFirez

Jul 16, 2016
1. Aware, looking into it.
2. Aware, looking into it.
3. Didn't know, looking into it.
4. Link me a video, 4k costa rica video on youtube plays fine for me...
5. Yeah, we weren't intended to support adoptable storage afaik, I'll go disable it.
What do you mean on #5? I have an SD Card in my phone right now. Are you saying that Lineage doesn't support SD Cards or is it if you try to make the SD Card extended storage of the internal storage?

If so that's a big bummer. I store games on my SD Card...

Luminier

Jul 17, 2020
5. Yeah, we weren't intended to support adoptable storage afaik, I'll go disable it.
Pertaining to 4:
It doesn't happen on all video playback. You would want to watch videos on Snapchat (stories, discover) to get the most frequent results. I'd say it rarely happens with YouTube, but it does happen.

Reactions: N_otori0us_

N_otori0us_

Mar 30, 2013
█ ▆ ▄ ▂ ▁ ▂ ▄ ▆ █`
Pertaining to 4:
It doesn't happen on all video playback. You would want to watch videos on Snapchat (stories, discover) to get the most frequent results. I'd say it rarely happens with YouTube, but it does happen.
yeah happens very often on snapchat. Try going into the memories section on snapchat and watching all your videos there,that usually does it for me. On YouTube, it happens when I skip forwards 10seconds sometimes.

Reznor7

Apr 27, 2013
No its well known bugs
1. Flashlight not working
2. Almoust all apps which have build in camera, uses wrong lense, what makes impossible to focus on any image
3. You cant transfer apps to external SD card
4. Some of apps crashes during start, because they using wrong resolution of screen
Even this 4 bugs makes using now as a daily driver Lineage OS on all builds inluding the last one 18.1 build very hard.
There's also the low volume audio bug where sound becomes garbled around 30% or lower. The "Use alternate audio policy" setting in Phh's GSI's fixes it.

Reactions: Cjkeenan

dub414

Mar 10, 2014
Can I use the lineage recovery to delete system files like I can with twrp, or will I be able to do that from inside lineage OS?

On the stock rom I have to use twrp to change system files. Changes made to system don't stick otherwise, or can't be done at all.

Can I use the lineage recovery to delete system files like I can with twrp, or will I be able to do that from inside lineage OS?

On the stock rom I have to use twrp to change system files. Changes made to system don't stick otherwise, or can't be done at all.
As far as I know you can't, there doesn't appear to be a filesystem browser/manager built in to the lineage recovery, but don't take my word for it

Reactions: dub414

dub414

Mar 10, 2014
As far as I know you can't, there doesn't appear to be a filesystem browser/manager built in to the lineage recovery, but don't take my word for i
As far as I know you can't, there doesn't appear to be a filesystem browser/manager built in to the lineage recovery, but don't take my word for it
Thank you. Eventually I will install this. I just need the flashlight and camera working properly, so as soon as they are fixed. I tend to use them quite often and its not worth wiping out my phone yet just to find this out.

dub414

Mar 10, 2014
Completely understand, hopefully these issues get fixed soon
Me too. I was about to buy another one plus soon because my last one with lineage was perfect. This may save me a few $ and put off buying a new phone for a bit longer. I wish I knew enough to be able to help these guys solve those issues. What they do is way beyond my capabilities.

Me too. I was about to buy another one plus soon because my last one with lineage was perfect. This may save me a few $ and put off buying a new phone for a bit longer. I wish I knew enough to be able to help these guys solve those issues. What they do is way beyond my capabilities.
That was my same mindset with my RP2, it's much nicer to just extend the lifespan of my phone rather than buy a new one. I'm not super well versed in Android's code, but as I'm getting more into it I'm trying to contribute where I can, that would be my suggestion to you, just to send in error reports and other useful information to help further the project.

Reactions: dub414

dub414

Mar 10, 2014
That was my same mindset with my RP2, it's much nicer to just extend the lifespan of my phone rather than buy a new one. I'm not super well versed in Android's code, but as I'm getting more into it I'm trying to contribute where I can, that would be my suggestion to you, just to send in error reports and other useful information to help further the project.
I try to do that. I donated a couple $ as well. Not much but maybe a couple cups of coffee or something to help keep him going.
Python and webstuff is the most of my programming skills and even they are more functional than looking pretty or being complex. Like a basic webform for settings for a custom router or server, so its not really programming. Its take this data from a webform, put it in database or file, then a script will use that to generate config files. It will do the job, but not be pretty looking. I tend to do more physical hardware work. Small networks, laptop and PC repairs, things like that.

Reactions: jazkid03

s2601d

Nov 28, 2019
Razer Phone 2
OnePlus 9 Pro
Man its a same like buy pre owned car, and say on 10% options which is not working, like seat heat or other small options, "Aware, looking into it.". In lineage OS for RP2 have more big problems like moustly part ot custom apps which instantly crashed cause of wrong phone resolution, and flashlight is many times needed feature during night. Regarding 4th option seems like this man dont know how stupid light sensor on razer phone is working, it have same problem even on stock when during holding you just cover senson with finger. And even on Stock FW during recording 4k 60FPS video phone freezes after ~2minutes, and if you try to save video more then 10min 4k 60FPS phone completely goes crazy and only hard reset helps, it was from box, it was after many reinstals, and its not connected with SD card, so seems like its other kind of problem

Last edited:

edison

Jul 21, 2007
Hey all,

Figured I'd chime in since I just got a new RP2 back from repair (battery issue covered under warranty). First thing I did was update to `aura-p-release-3201`, then flash LOS. When I put my SIM in, I couldn't make calls, even though it was showing LTE. I played around with various preferred networks in `*#*#4636*#*#`, but none allowed me to make a call.

That's a show stopper for me. I dunno about you, but using my phone as a phone is a requirement. ;)

I'll keep an eye on the thread and try again when the bugs are fixed.

-edison

Hey all,

Figured I'd chime in since I just got a new RP2 back from repair (battery issue covered under warranty). First thing I did was update to `aura-p-release-3201`, then flash LOS. When I put my SIM in, I couldn't make calls, even though it was showing LTE. I played around with various preferred networks in `*#*#4636*#*#`, but none allowed me to make a call.

That's a show stopper for me. I dunno about you, but using my phone as a phone is a requirement. ;)

I'll keep an eye on the thread and try again when the bugs are fixed.

-edison
I would try again and make sure to follow all the steps perfectly because as far as I can tell nobody has had this issue before on this phone, I'm currently running the 801 build (the newest release) and it's working fine for me.

Hey buddy, stock support that ,which makes me be able to install a lot of games.
Nowadays One mobile games cause like 5-10 gigbytes, I really need more storage, please make that works
Stock supported it but it hasn't been introduced here yet, I would suggest removing older apps you don't use to make room for your large games in the meantime

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks for all the work you put into this.

Yes, thank you npjohnson and everyone else who's working on this project!
    Of course!

I really enjoy working on Android, and I know Mike does too. Always fun when the output can be enjoyed by others :)
    Has anyone seen any word about a fix for the camera and flashlight issue? I know the latest update (829) included a large number is minor fixes but I didn't see much about the camera/flashlight issue.
    Update on this. Holy crap guys, thank you!

I've ordered the part and scheduled the repair.

Excited for Android S to come around!

Thanks for all the work you put into this.
    Would anyone recommend this for a daily driver yet? Besides the couple known issues how TMobile friendly is it? Been wanting to try something new that's not the stock rom lol.
    Works well with Tmobile. It does have some camera issues and flash light doesn't work. If you're OK with that then it will work for a daily driver.
    Are there any updates about the status of any of the bugs (camera/flashlight, game audio, video freezes)? Thanks in advance!
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Detailed installation instructions:
    Install LineageOS on aura

Download link:
    LineageOS Downloads

Recommended Google Apps package:
    MindTheGapps (choose ARM64 11.0 zip)

Changelog:
    Changes for aura

Bug reports:
    How to submit a bug report
    LineageOS GitLab

Known bugs:
    - Can't switch FPS (defaults to 120)
    - Can't switch screen resolution (defaults to 2560x1440)
    - Chroma RGB LEDs are not implemented yet

Donate to support development:
    Donate via PayPal to mikeioannina
    Donate via PayPal to npjohnson
    Donate via PayPal to LineageOS

Source Code:
    https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM Firmware Required:
    Recommended 9.0 - P-SMR6-RC001-RZR-201022 (automatically installed with the ROM)

Special thanks to the following users for donating money so I could buy the device:
    @jal3223
    @Mikekrd
    @jonchance_84
    @InViSiB0B
    @kountry83
    @RKBD
    After almost one whole year since I got the device, bringup is finally done and we can enjoy a newer android version than stock 9.0.

Builds will be available once next weekly build cycle starts.

Thanks to the people that donated for the device and thanks to @npjohnson for all the testing and figuring out some issues.
    So far there are five major aura-specific bugs that stand out to me that have yet to be resolved, two of which have gitlab issues created for them. I will try and capture the camera bug and logcat it, and see what I can do for the other bugs.

For a refresher:
    • Flashlight does not work, the button in the status bar pull-down menu tray says the camera is constantly in use and is grayed out.
    • The back camera is primarily using the wrong lens, namely the zoom lens, forcing the camera to be zoomed in at all times, making it hard to take pictures that aren't blurry and distorted.
    • There is an audio bug where if audio levels are below a certain threshold, it simply will not play any audio at all.
    • The phone completely locks up when watching certain video playbacks, and has to have the power button held down for a hard reset every time it happens. For me personally, this has happened numerous times watching videos on Snapchat, but I know it happens on YouTube and other media, like Google Photos.
    • An SD card formatted as internal storage will not allow apps to be stored on it, and when attempted a prompt will appear, saying "Not enough storage space".
    These bugs are quite a major hindrance in being able to enjoy Lineage on aura properly and a major frustration point in using the phone as a daily driver. Hopefully they can be resolved soon.
    I might have jumped the gun creating this thread, build will be probably available on Sunday :/
    So far there are five major aura-specific bugs that stand out to me that have yet to be resolved, two of which have gitlab issues created for them. I will try and capture the camera bug and logcat it, and see what I can do for the other bugs.

For a refresher:
    • Flashlight does not work, the button in the status bar pull-down menu tray says the camera is constantly in use and is grayed out.
    • The back camera is primarily using the wrong lens, namely the zoom lens, forcing the camera to be zoomed in at all times, making it hard to take pictures that aren't blurry and distorted.
    • There is an audio bug where if audio levels are below a certain threshold, it simply will not play any audio at all.
    • The phone completely locks up when watching certain video playbacks, and has to have the power button held down for a hard reset every time it happens. For me personally, this has happened numerous times watching videos on Snapchat, but I know it happens on YouTube and other media, like Google Photos.
    • An SD card formatted as internal storage will not allow apps to be stored on it, and when attempted a prompt will appear, saying "Not enough storage space".
    These bugs are quite a major hindrance in being able to enjoy Lineage on aura properly and a major frustration point in using the phone as a daily driver. Hopefully they can be resolved soon.