• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for Razer Phone 2

Search This thread

x0xDJSx0x

Jun 18, 2018
The only difference I can think of is I am rooted, I maybe a different version of the razerphone 2 I have the unlocked one. Other than that I don't know what could be causing it. I know some other people have had crashing in Crunchyroll. I am also running the latest lineage. I have my phone verified as the razerphone 2 in my .props.

Sorry I couldn't figure it out for you.

Rhoobarb2005

Jun 19, 2014
The only difference I can think of is I am rooted, I maybe a different version of the razerphone 2 I have the unlocked one. Other than that I don't know what could be causing it. I know some other people have had crashing in Crunchyroll. I am also running the latest lineage. I have my phone verified as the razerphone 2 in my .props.

Sorry I couldn't figure it out for you.
No problem. Thanks for the help. I may try to root it. Do you know the best way to root it with lineage?

EDIT: No worries, I got it rooted. I will keep an eye on Vanced, see if it causes issues.

Thanks again.

Last edited:

x0xDJSx0x

Jun 18, 2018
No problem. Thanks for the help. I may try to root it. Do you know the best way to root it with lineage?

EDIT: No worries, I got it rooted. I will keep an eye on Vanced, see if it causes issues.

Thanks again.
To pass safety net with magisk download magisk props config install tmux do su and then props my combination is 1 F 23 then 2 basically tells google your phone is the razerphone 2

I picked up a RP2 just for this purpose. Thanks to the devs for making this happen!

I just ran today's update the 24th and sadly the flashlight and camera are still bugs. I'm not a dev in any way and just pointing it out.

Anyway thanks for all your hard work!

P650SE

Aug 14, 2013
Hi everyone, I am thinking about buying a RP2 (yes, I know the list of hardware issues) and have the intention to flash Lineage to it to upgrade to Android 11. I would just like to ask - does the ROM have support for fully working FBE encryption, and is TWRP able to successfully decrypt the data partition using pattern unlock?

tzukiwy

Jun 15, 2021
OnePlus 3T
Razer Phone 2
I think we deserve at least some form of update. I've been on LOS since the second week of release and daily driver necessities such as volume bugs, camera and flash has not been fixed. Devs got phones fixed by the community but has seen went dark in terms of communication. Not an aura change has been done for weeks. What is going on?

x0xDJSx0x

Jun 18, 2018
There have been at least 4 updates that I have updated too. Chill they will fix the camera bug and flashlight bug when it comes to it.

x0xDJSx0x

Jun 18, 2018
I think we deserve at least some form of update. I've been on LOS since the second week of release and daily driver necessities such as volume bugs, camera and flash has not been fixed. Devs got phones fixed by the community but has seen went dark in terms of communication. Not an aura change has been done for weeks. What is going on?
Also there is an update right now and have had one every week of this month and more.

Sep 29, 2021
Listen y'all I would like my camera and flashlight bugs fixed as much as the next person. However I think we all need to remember that the LOS devs are donating their time to this. They aren't getting paid. They probably also have day jobs, not to mention work on other LOS builds that aren't specifically aura. This is a free ROM we're running and it runs pretty heckin good for something we didn't have to pay for. And we still get more updates than what we got from Razer. Just my two cents.

mikeioannina

Recognized Developer
Mar 22, 2011
Ioannina
Lenovo P2
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
There hasn't been an update for a while here since I am extremely busy these days. Lots of work for android 12/lineage 19 and on top of that 3 of my disks broke so I had to redownload all my local android source again 3 times... (yes I didn't have a backup)

Camera/flash problems are work in progress to be fixed, just need to clean up the code and merge it.
Video playback crashes has been a dead end since I couldn't find a solution no matter what I tried.
Some work is also being done to bring FPS selection support.

There might be no visible changes on gerrit, but I silently update the kernel every month with the latest security patches as you can see here: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_razer_sdm845/commits/lineage-18.1 (yes I am a bit late now because my disks broke and wasted 15 days downloading)

x0xDJSx0x

Jun 18, 2018
There hasn't been an update for a while here since I am extremely busy these days. Lots of work for android 12/lineage 19 and on top of that 3 of my disks broke so I had to redownload all my local android source again 3 times... (yes I didn't have a backup)

Camera/flash problems are work in progress to be fixed, just need to clean up the code and merge it.
Video playback crashes has been a dead end since I couldn't find a solution no matter what I tried.

There might be no visible changes on gerrit, but I silently update the kernel every month with the latest security patches as you can see here: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_razer_sdm845/commits/lineage-18.1 (yes I am a bit late now because my disks broke and wasted 15 days downloading)
Sweet dude, just glad its not in the dirt. Thank you for everything you have done. I think a lot of us will be super relieved that we have gotten an answer if you need anything I can test things if you would like and I am sure other people would too. Can't wait to finally have a working non telephoto rear lense.

Reactions: P650SE

Reznor7

Apr 27, 2013

Thank you for the update. Since there had been silence for quite a while, it just felt like the project had gone dead. Good luck in squashing the bugs, and thanks again!

Reactions: P650SE

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Week 2 recap (since I was a holdout on flashing over from stock):

Already (somewhat) noted, but not in OP under known issues:
    Flashlight doesn't work (at all as far as I can tell/search)
    Camera has issues even with Razer Camera APK instead

Maybe not noted, but not clear in search results:
    MIA Thermal profile from Development section, cannot find anywhere else either
    MIA Performance Section, this may or may not be In relation to above but it is there on my other LOS devices

Not so critical but still notable:
    Screen brightness is absolutely horrid compared to stock, I constantly have to turn it up VS not having to fiddle with it nearly at all in stock, cannot find a way to maybe set an offset or minimum, its actually kinda maddening and i have now turned auto brightness off
    I read in my search result stock Razer Bluetooth is in use, its absolutely horrible, I will be following directions on how to change it, it deserves a drop-kick into the abyss.

Outside of these annoyances, I have CONTROL again!
    My only LOS complaint that's super annoying and I run into as much as auto brightness being fubar (IE every time I turn on the phone), is Google's decision to put the Close All apps button at the far left of the scroll for recent apps, not on the right/center/bottom where NON pure android puts them, so ya know, you dont have to break yourself to get to it!

@mikeioannina thanks for all the work you have given this, I read your recent troubles, HDD failure always sucks, being in a place where internet is snails or costly is also unhappy times, keep up the great work, my 2 RP2's love ya! Its not much but enjoy!
    Has anyone else experienced gps issues? When I'm plugged into my android auto radio everything works fine but if I'm in my girls car just using the phone on a mount, my gps freaks the hell out and thinks I'm hopping all over the map. Wondering if it's a known bug or just my phone being old and broken. I have had my rp2 for like 3 years so I can see it being isolated.
    I don't think I'm getting the issue you describe. I'm not able to calibrate my GPS for high accuracy (might be the compass issue mentioned before), but it generally still works well enough to know where I am.

Hey, I really am enjoying using lineage on my razerphone 2 just curious if you have an Eta on when the camera/flash will come just so I am not searching for updates every couple hours. Doesn't have to be exact.
    I did a search on here before posting and I didn't see mention of it. Is the fingerprint reader working?
    Yes it works perfectly, I have had no issues with it and I have been running lineage for over a month.
    I did a search on here before posting and I didn't see mention of it. Is the fingerprint reader working?
    Works better than it did stock for me lol
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Detailed installation instructions:
    Install LineageOS on aura

Download link:
    LineageOS Downloads

Recommended Google Apps package:
    MindTheGapps (choose ARM64 11.0 zip)

Changelog:
    Changes for aura

Bug reports:
    How to submit a bug report
    LineageOS GitLab

Known bugs:
    - Can't switch FPS (defaults to 120)
    - Can't switch screen resolution (defaults to 2560x1440)
    - Chroma RGB LEDs are not implemented yet

Donate to support development:
    Donate via PayPal to mikeioannina
    Donate via PayPal to npjohnson
    Donate via PayPal to LineageOS

Source Code:
    https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM Firmware Required:
    Recommended 9.0 - P-SMR6-RC001-RZR-201022 (automatically installed with the ROM)

Special thanks to the following users for donating money so I could buy the device:
    @jal3223
    @Mikekrd
    @jonchance_84
    @InViSiB0B
    @kountry83
    @RKBD
    After almost one whole year since I got the device, bringup is finally done and we can enjoy a newer android version than stock 9.0.

Builds will be available once next weekly build cycle starts.

Thanks to the people that donated for the device and thanks to @npjohnson for all the testing and figuring out some issues.
    So far there are five major aura-specific bugs that stand out to me that have yet to be resolved, two of which have gitlab issues created for them. I will try and capture the camera bug and logcat it, and see what I can do for the other bugs.

For a refresher:
    • Flashlight does not work, the button in the status bar pull-down menu tray says the camera is constantly in use and is grayed out.
    • The back camera is primarily using the wrong lens, namely the zoom lens, forcing the camera to be zoomed in at all times, making it hard to take pictures that aren't blurry and distorted.
    • There is an audio bug where if audio levels are below a certain threshold, it simply will not play any audio at all.
    • The phone completely locks up when watching certain video playbacks, and has to have the power button held down for a hard reset every time it happens. For me personally, this has happened numerous times watching videos on Snapchat, but I know it happens on YouTube and other media, like Google Photos.
    • An SD card formatted as internal storage will not allow apps to be stored on it, and when attempted a prompt will appear, saying "Not enough storage space".
    These bugs are quite a major hindrance in being able to enjoy Lineage on aura properly and a major frustration point in using the phone as a daily driver. Hopefully they can be resolved soon.
    1. Aware, looking into it.
    2. Aware, looking into it.
    3. Didn't know, looking into it.
    4. Link me a video, 4k costa rica video on youtube plays fine for me...
    5. Yeah, we weren't intended to support adoptable storage afaik, I'll go disable it.
    I might have jumped the gun creating this thread, build will be probably available on Sunday :/
    So far there are five major aura-specific bugs that stand out to me that have yet to be resolved, two of which have gitlab issues created for them. I will try and capture the camera bug and logcat it, and see what I can do for the other bugs.

For a refresher:
    • Flashlight does not work, the button in the status bar pull-down menu tray says the camera is constantly in use and is grayed out.
    • The back camera is primarily using the wrong lens, namely the zoom lens, forcing the camera to be zoomed in at all times, making it hard to take pictures that aren't blurry and distorted.
    • There is an audio bug where if audio levels are below a certain threshold, it simply will not play any audio at all.
    • The phone completely locks up when watching certain video playbacks, and has to have the power button held down for a hard reset every time it happens. For me personally, this has happened numerous times watching videos on Snapchat, but I know it happens on YouTube and other media, like Google Photos.
    • An SD card formatted as internal storage will not allow apps to be stored on it, and when attempted a prompt will appear, saying "Not enough storage space".
    These bugs are quite a major hindrance in being able to enjoy Lineage on aura properly and a major frustration point in using the phone as a daily driver. Hopefully they can be resolved soon.