• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for Razer Phone 2

Search This thread

JDubbed

Feb 18, 2011
I've been watching this thread. It's really exciting to see the Razor 2 getting this type of attention. @mikeioannina thank you for your time and effort. I'm waiting for confirmation that the camera is fixed and then I plan to make the switch. I got to have my camera working for the baby.

Luminier

Jul 17, 2020
There hasn't been an update for a while here since I am extremely busy these days. Lots of work for android 12/lineage 19 and on top of that 3 of my disks broke so I had to redownload all my local android source again 3 times... (yes I didn't have a backup)

Camera/flash problems are work in progress to be fixed, just need to clean up the code and merge it.
Video playback crashes has been a dead end since I couldn't find a solution no matter what I tried.
Some work is also being done to bring FPS selection support.

There might be no visible changes on gerrit, but I silently update the kernel every month with the latest security patches as you can see here: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_razer_sdm845/commits/lineage-18.1 (yes I am a bit late now because my disks broke and wasted 15 days downloading)
Thank you for this update.

My observations with video crashing (since it happens to me at least every other day) are as followed:

On Snapchat, after I close a video or attempt to, that is a moment it freezes. Another moment is when there is a sticker or gif within a snap that plays a looped animation. I also use NewPipe and I've noticed that when I swap to landscape mode to watch a video, it will also freeze up. Other than that, it'll just simply freeze up upon opening a video snap as well. Video playback for things I've been sent through Telegram and things I've saved in my gallery (Simple Gallery Pro) do not freeze for me, so it indicates to me that it's a bug with video playback that is actively being downloaded over a network. I hope these observations are helpful to you. Thanks for all the work you've done.

Last edited:

Hammerfest

Apr 3, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Is there a Jenkins esk replacement for LineageOS?
The URL redirects to buildkite which is pretty much unhelpful (with jenkins you could see build success/failure for each device).

I was tracking the weekly (Sunday) release's for RP2 planning to flash with this weekend's release now that I got my N6 back up and running to work as Auth device and it didnt come out yesterday so was trying to see if it broke, but unable to see :(

x0xDJSx0x

Jun 18, 2018
OnePlus 9 Pro
There hasn't been an update for a while here since I am extremely busy these days. Lots of work for android 12/lineage 19 and on top of that 3 of my disks broke so I had to redownload all my local android source again 3 times... (yes I didn't have a backup)

Camera/flash problems are work in progress to be fixed, just need to clean up the code and merge it.
Video playback crashes has been a dead end since I couldn't find a solution no matter what I tried.
Some work is also being done to bring FPS selection support.

There might be no visible changes on gerrit, but I silently update the kernel every month with the latest security patches as you can see here: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_razer_sdm845/commits/lineage-18.1 (yes I am a bit late now because my disks broke and wasted 15 days downloading)
Hey, I really am enjoying using lineage on my razerphone 2 just curious if you have an Eta on when the camera/flash will come just so I am not searching for updates every couple hours. Doesn't have to be exact.

Reactions: muellerm30

Hammerfest

Apr 3, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Weekly build seems to have failed this week as well, I saw it building in queue, but nothing came out the other side when it finished (and it did for the others that where in the queue at the same time).

Must be a bad commit killing it

EDIT: Magically appeared over an hour later (when the others where there shortly after being on the build queue with the RP2), schwing, time to make sure my N6 backup is ready for Auth duty's so I can nuke Razer off my Razer Phone 2

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2021
Has anyone else experienced gps issues? When I'm plugged into my android auto radio everything works fine but if I'm in my girls car just using the phone on a mount, my gps freaks the hell out and thinks I'm hopping all over the map. Wondering if it's a known bug or just my phone being old and broken. I have had my rp2 for like 3 years so I can see it being isolated.

Neutronflux

Dec 29, 2018
Has anyone else experienced gps issues? When I'm plugged into my android auto radio everything works fine but if I'm in my girls car just using the phone on a mount, my gps freaks the hell out and thinks I'm hopping all over the map. Wondering if it's a known bug or just my phone being old and broken. I have had my rp2 for like 3 years so I can see it being isolated.
I don't think I'm getting the issue you describe. I'm not able to calibrate my GPS for high accuracy (might be the compass issue mentioned before), but it generally still works well enough to know where I am.

Sep 29, 2021
I don't think I'm getting the issue you describe. I'm not able to calibrate my GPS for high accuracy (might be the compass issue mentioned before), but it generally still works well enough to know where I am.
Yeah I had that issue too. I have an app for stargazing called sky map and its completely unusable. I figured it was the compass issues but now I'm thinking I've got more going on now that the maps is acting all wobbly wonky

JDubbed

Feb 18, 2011
I did a search on here before posting and I didn't see mention of it. Is the fingerprint reader working?

Hammerfest

Apr 3, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Week 2 recap (since I was a holdout on flashing over from stock):

Already (somewhat) noted, but not in OP under known issues:
Flashlight doesn't work (at all as far as I can tell/search)
Camera has issues even with Razer Camera APK instead

Maybe not noted, but not clear in search results:
MIA Thermal profile from Development section, cannot find anywhere else either
MIA Performance Section, this may or may not be In relation to above but it is there on my other LOS devices

Not so critical but still notable:
Screen brightness is absolutely horrid compared to stock, I constantly have to turn it up VS not having to fiddle with it nearly at all in stock, cannot find a way to maybe set an offset or minimum, its actually kinda maddening and i have now turned auto brightness off
I read in my search result stock Razer Bluetooth is in use, its absolutely horrible, I will be following directions on how to change it, it deserves a drop-kick into the abyss.

Outside of these annoyances, I have CONTROL again!
My only LOS complaint that's super annoying and I run into as much as auto brightness being fubar (IE every time I turn on the phone), is Google's decision to put the Close All apps button at the far left of the scroll for recent apps, not on the right/center/bottom where NON pure android puts them, so ya know, you dont have to break yourself to get to it!

@mikeioannina thanks for all the work you have given this, I read your recent troubles, HDD failure always sucks, being in a place where internet is snails or costly is also unhappy times, keep up the great work, my 2 RP2's love ya! Its not much but enjoy!

rdxofficials

Aug 15, 2021
Thread says to have
ROM Firmware Required:
Recommended 9.0 - P-SMR6-RC001-RZR-201022 (automatically installed with the ROM)

But i am currently on
P-SMR7-RC003-RZR-210107

Any way to get back to the previous version ?

1638420064470.png

Also getting this error in fastboot devices.

Last edited:

x0xDJSx0x

Jun 18, 2018
OnePlus 9 Pro
Thread says to have
ROM Firmware Required:
Recommended 9.0 - P-SMR6-RC001-RZR-201022 (automatically installed with the ROM)

But i am currently on
P-SMR7-RC003-RZR-210107

Any way to get back to the previous version ?

View attachment 5472807

Also getting this error in fastboot devices.
Some quick googling says your cable might be the issue.
If your using a USB c to c that's possible it. I haven't had success with the stock cable or any USB c to c. Try using other cables like a USB A to C, try different ports like USB 2 if USB 3 doesn't work. Fast boot is picky.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: rdxofficials

rdxofficials

Aug 15, 2021
Some quick googling says your cable might be the issue.
If your using a USB c to c that's possible it. I haven't had success with the stock cable or any USB c to c. Try using other cables like a USB A to C, try different ports like USB 2 if USB 3 doesn't work. Fast boot is picky.

Hope this helps.
Bought new cable worked thanx

Also installed Gapps but i cant add google account , also cant find playstore.How to restore backup from google?

Last edited:

Neutronflux

Dec 29, 2018
Bought new cable worked thanx

Also installed Gapps but i cant add google account , also cant find playstore.How to restore backup from google?
Play store and logging into your Google account should automatically be there if you installed Gapps properly. Did you pick the right version (MindTheGapps ARM64) and did you make sure you installed it before you first boot into the system? I think you might have issues if you accidentally booted up the main OS before installing Gapps.

Reactions: urmother1992

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone and happy new year!

It took a long time, but I finally found time to debug the issues, so next build should contain fixes for the following bugs:
    * Flashlight not working
    * Rear camera using telephoto lens instead of normal lens

There will also be a new setting implemented in Display settings, where you can select refresh rate (supports switching between 30/40/48/50/60/90/120 fps)

Next I'll be looking into integrating chroma RGB settings and continue working on android 12.
    I've tried to hold off flashing LineageOS for a while but I eventually did it. For the most part I'm happy with the end result except for the most obvious of bugs being mentioned over and over in this thread, i.e. the camera and flashlight bug/issue. It becomes an issue when you rely on your device to do certain things at that exact moment in time.

The camera only uses the rear telephoto lens and the front lens. The flash is not working at all. The adaptive brightness becomes "blocky" at lower levels, i.e. it has no smooth transition between the high-and-low or low-and-high points. The camera on the device is not the best, let's face it. But it sure helps me in daily life.

If you are experiencing this problem, and it really frustrates you like it does me, do a Google search to obtain the stock ROM from the Razer site. It even includes instructions. That'll leave you with old Pie, but you'll have full functionality of your device. But if you're ok with carrying a separate camera or even another phone in your pocket along with your Razer Phone and maybe a flashlight, like someone mentioned earlier, LineageOS is looking really promising!

I'll have the old Pie though.
    @mikeioannina, great job! Thanks for supporting this for all of us!

It took a long time, but I finally found time to debug the issues, so next build should contain fixes for the following bugs:
    * Flashlight not working

There will also be a new setting implemented in Display settings, where you can select refresh rate (supports switching between 30/40/48/50/60/90/120 fps)

Next I'll be looking into integrating chroma RGB settings and continue working on android 12.
    I come to the forum to check it out every day, it's been half a year. It's finally fixed, I want to cry happily, thank you so much!
    VoLTE works on most carriers.

Not sure if anything can be done for VZW support.
    Didn't jal3223 say they got it working by registering IMS with a stock ROM first?
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Detailed installation instructions:
    Install LineageOS on aura

Download link:
    LineageOS Downloads

Recommended Google Apps package:
    MindTheGapps (choose ARM64 11.0 zip)

Changelog:
    Changes for aura

Bug reports:
    How to submit a bug report
    LineageOS GitLab

Known bugs:
    - Chroma RGB LEDs are not implemented yet

Known bugs (won't fix):
    - Can't switch screen resolution (defaults to 2560x1440)

Donate to support development:
    Donate via PayPal to mikeioannina
    Donate via PayPal to npjohnson
    Donate via PayPal to LineageOS

Source Code:
    https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM Firmware Required:
    Recommended 9.0 - P-SMR7-RC003-RZR 210107.3225 (automatically installed with the ROM)

Special thanks to the following users for donating money so I could buy the device:
    @jal3223
    @Mikekrd
    @jonchance_84
    @InViSiB0B
    @kountry83
    @RKBD

* Flashlight not working

After almost one whole year since I got the device, bringup is finally done and we can enjoy a newer android version than stock 9.0.

Builds will be available once next weekly build cycle starts.

Thanks to the people that donated for the device and thanks to @npjohnson for all the testing and figuring out some issues.
    So far there are five major aura-specific bugs that stand out to me that have yet to be resolved, two of which have gitlab issues created for them. I will try and capture the camera bug and logcat it, and see what I can do for the other bugs.

For a refresher:
    • Flashlight does not work, the button in the status bar pull-down menu tray says the camera is constantly in use and is grayed out.
    • The back camera is primarily using the wrong lens, namely the zoom lens, forcing the camera to be zoomed in at all times, making it hard to take pictures that aren't blurry and distorted.
    • There is an audio bug where if audio levels are below a certain threshold, it simply will not play any audio at all.
    • The phone completely locks up when watching certain video playbacks, and has to have the power button held down for a hard reset every time it happens. For me personally, this has happened numerous times watching videos on Snapchat, but I know it happens on YouTube and other media, like Google Photos.
    • An SD card formatted as internal storage will not allow apps to be stored on it, and when attempted a prompt will appear, saying "Not enough storage space".
    These bugs are quite a major hindrance in being able to enjoy Lineage on aura properly and a major frustration point in using the phone as a daily driver. Hopefully they can be resolved soon.
    1. Aware, looking into it.
    2. Aware, looking into it.
    3. Didn't know, looking into it.
    4. Link me a video, 4k costa rica video on youtube plays fine for me...
    5. Yeah, we weren't intended to support adoptable storage afaik, I'll go disable it.
    I might have jumped the gun creating this thread, build will be probably available on Sunday :/