• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][11][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for Razer Phone 2

Search This thread

diosicario

Jan 14, 2018
Razer Phone 2
First off, thank you so much for the ROM! I thought this device was gonna be stuck on Android 9/10 forever, even though it deserved so much more!

Quick question regarding Bluetooth though - Does this ROM enable LDAC/Aptx? If so, can anyone who've used those codecs let me know if they're working properly? The lack of any other codec besides SBC has annoyed me for a really long time with this phone.

Porroe

Jun 13, 2014
First off, thank you so much for the ROM! I thought this device was gonna be stuck on Android 9/10 forever, even though it deserved so much more!

Quick question regarding Bluetooth though - Does this ROM enable LDAC/Aptx? If so, can anyone who've used those codecs let me know if they're working properly? The lack of any other codec besides SBC has annoyed me for a really long time with this phone.
Only SBC so far. You can use AAC but it stutters

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
Yee, I was just reiterating some of the issue for verifiability. Camera will be fixed.
The CTS profile issue is fixed indeed by sideloading Magisk thru Lineage Recovery + installing ARcore module

View attachment 5338269

The charging difference made no sense to me either. I probably need to do some actual testing on it, but I was sight testing using the phone propped up on the wireless stand as I usually do & just noticed it sat at each % for much longer than previous on stock (SMR7). Wondering if it's just a difference in charge calculation (?). I'm not very affluent in Android version changes to be fair
let me know - but you did mean SMR6 right? Not 7?

Luminier

Jul 17, 2020
Hey guys, just flashed it. Works great. I just noticed though that SMS aren't sending. Any advice?
Okay, so here's some details about this. I'm using Net10 as my carrier, which uses Verizon's network. I'm still unable to access the data, and I've tried inputting many recommended APN settings to no avail. My network also says it's disconnected. Since I'm probably one of the only ones to use Net10 on this specific phone and OS, am I just screwed and need to stay with stock? I really hope not...

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
Reactions: Liminality

jal3223

Mar 14, 2009
Google Pixel XL
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Okay, so here's some details about this. I'm using Net10 as my carrier, which uses Verizon's network. I'm still unable to access the data, and I've tried inputting many recommended APN settings to no avail. My network also says it's disconnected. Since I'm probably one of the only ones to use Net10 on this specific phone and OS, am I just screwed and need to stay with stock? I really hope not...
On Verizon I can get data, but no Volte. It's a Volte only phone, so I'm right there with you man.

LSS4181

Mar 13, 2012
Google Pixel C
Razer Phone 2
Yeah, maybe try ext4?
Okay, so how to get ext4 working as portable storage? I did find a few posts about it, but they were made many years ago and only applicable to very old Android versions (like 4.x). I'm not going for adoptable storage because it doesn't appear to be portable that I would probably need to back everything up and recreate it in case of clean-flashing (which I might need to do once in a while to keep system responsive).

Anyway, will keep looking at the development progress and I'll definitely try when I get everything backed up and ready.

Only SBC so far. You can use AAC but it stutters
aptX is not officially supported. Also, stock Razer vendor has overlays that explicitly disables aptX and also breaks some other capabilities, which must be deleted to restore them (not to mention the overlays made Bluetooth not work at all with GSIs). I don't know if the LOS vendor somehow carries them over, but given how LineageOS respects licensed capabilities on stock FW (which covers things like aptX, exFAT), this is very likely and you probably need to do the same.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8bp

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
On Verizon I can get data, but no Volte. It's a Volte only phone, so I'm right there with you man.
Sad to hear.
Interesting, I wonder if this is something that can be fixed in future releases?
maybe?
Okay, so how to get ext4 working as portable storage? I did find a few posts about it, but they were made many years ago and only applicable to very old Android versions (like 4.x). I'm not going for adoptable storage because it doesn't appear to be portable that I would probably need to back everything up and recreate it in case of clean-flashing (which I might need to do once in a while to keep system responsive).

Anyway, will keep looking at the development progress and I'll definitely try when I get everything backed up and ready.

aptX is not officially supported. Also, stock Razer vendor has overlays that explicitly disables aptX and also breaks some other capabilities, which must be deleted to restore them. I don't know if the LOS vendor somehow carries them over, but given how LineageOS respects licensed capabilities on stock FW (which covers things like aptX, exFAT), this is very likely and you probably need to do the same.
should just be format as ext4 and insert, if it doesn't work, our vold doesn't support it. That simple. And yeah, we disable aptx - all good.

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
Okay final update until I get more major news. When I have connection to my data, it can be used to browse the internet and other functions like so. But calling and texting does not work whatsoever.

Very strange.
Yeah, not a surprise, VoLTE is reported above not working, and this is a VoLTE only phone on VZW - texting has to be through RCS - and our stock app doesn't support RCS - I fully suspect if you get Google Messages, it will work?

Luminier

Jul 17, 2020
Yeah, not a surprise, VoLTE is reported above not working, and this is a VoLTE only phone on VZW - texting has to be through RCS - and our stock app doesn't support RCS - I fully suspect if you get Google Messages, it will work?
Alright, I tried Google messages but they still will not send.

EDIT: UNLESS I misunderstood you and you meant that I have to use Google messages through a Google number. I simply sent a text through the Google Messages app from the Aurora Store.

Last edited:

mikeioannina

Recognized Developer
Mar 22, 2011
Ioannina
Lenovo P2
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2

It does support LDAC which works fine, but not AptX

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
Alright, I tried Google messages but they still will not send.

EDIT: UNLESS I misunderstood you and you meant that I have to use Google messages through a Google number. I simply sent a text through the Google Messages app from the Aurora Store.
Try "Chat Features" in Settings of Google Messages.

Reactions: jal3223

jal3223

Mar 14, 2009
Google Pixel XL
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Try "Chat Features" in Settings of Google Messages.
Did you happen to see the previous message that I posted regarding UMTS? Like I said before, the only GSI images that I could get Volte on had either TD_SCDMA or UMTS available in the preferred network type in the *#*#4636#*#* menu. After selecting one, IMS would immediately register and Volte would work. There were only a few that had it as an option though. Do you know what determines these options to be available by chance?
@mikeioannina

dizgustipated

Jun 22, 2011
on Magrathea
magrathearoms.weebly.com
There is a bug for me, where while using Google maps app, it jitters a bunch, then shrinks the window the far top left and is basically impossible to use.
The screenshot below appears to show app using full screen, but in fact is not. Notice how big the icons get. Could someone give maps a shot, and verify?

It did the samething, for me, on the early test builds also.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210615-171251_Maps.png
    Screenshot_20210615-171251_Maps.png
    298.8 KB · Views: 32
First off, thank you so much, this is really awesome work! I tried installing it last night and everything went smooth as butter except the MindTheGapps install, for some reason no matter how I install it I don't get anything Google related in the setup and I have no Google apps, did you run into this while testing or is there something I missed? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you again, you're freaking amazing!

Porroe

Jun 13, 2014
Is anyone else's phone freezing up when watching a video? It has happened to me 3 times on different apps, about once a day. The screen freezes, however, the phone is detected through ADB but adb reboot does not work and the phone wont unfreeze until a hard reset.

Reactions: Audio33

N_otori0us_

Mar 30, 2013
█ ▆ ▄ ▂ ▁ ▂ ▄ ▆ █`
Is anyone else's phone freezing up when watching a video? It has happened to me 3 times on different apps, about once a day. The screen freezes, however, the phone is detected through ADB but adb reboot does not work and the phone wont unfreeze until a hard reset.
yupp happens to me often, especially when using snapchat. I'll try and see if I can get a logcat when it happens. So far the only bugs I've noticed are the zoomed in camera and the video freezing glitch. Other than that, everything looks good!

Also thank you to the amazing devs for providing this ROM, I thought I'd be stuck on stock forever lol.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So far there are five major aura-specific bugs that stand out to me that have yet to be resolved, two of which have gitlab issues created for them. I will try and capture the camera bug and logcat it, and see what I can do for the other bugs.

For a refresher:
    • Flashlight does not work, the button in the status bar pull-down menu tray says the camera is constantly in use and is grayed out.
    • The back camera is primarily using the wrong lens, namely the zoom lens, forcing the camera to be zoomed in at all times, making it hard to take pictures that aren't blurry and distorted.
    • There is an audio bug where if audio levels are below a certain threshold, it simply will not play any audio at all.
    • The phone completely locks up when watching certain video playbacks, and has to have the power button held down for a hard reset every time it happens. For me personally, this has happened numerous times watching videos on Snapchat, but I know it happens on YouTube and other media, like Google Photos.
    • An SD card formatted as internal storage will not allow apps to be stored on it, and when attempted a prompt will appear, saying "Not enough storage space".
    These bugs are quite a major hindrance in being able to enjoy Lineage on aura properly and a major frustration point in using the phone as a daily driver. Hopefully they can be resolved soon.
    So far there are five major aura-specific bugs that stand out to me that have yet to be resolved, two of which have gitlab issues created for them. I will try and capture the camera bug and logcat it, and see what I can do for the other bugs.

For a refresher:
    • Flashlight does not work, the button in the status bar pull-down menu tray says the camera is constantly in use and is grayed out.
    • The back camera is primarily using the wrong lens, namely the zoom lens, forcing the camera to be zoomed in at all times, making it hard to take pictures that aren't blurry and distorted.
    • There is an audio bug where if audio levels are below a certain threshold, it simply will not play any audio at all.
    • The phone completely locks up when watching certain video playbacks, and has to have the power button held down for a hard reset every time it happens. For me personally, this has happened numerous times watching videos on Snapchat, but I know it happens on YouTube and other media, like Google Photos.
    • An SD card formatted as internal storage will not allow apps to be stored on it, and when attempted a prompt will appear, saying "Not enough storage space".
    These bugs are quite a major hindrance in being able to enjoy Lineage on aura properly and a major frustration point in using the phone as a daily driver. Hopefully they can be resolved soon.
    1. Aware, looking into it.
    2. Aware, looking into it.
    3. Didn't know, looking into it.
    4. Link me a video, 4k costa rica video on youtube plays fine for me...
    5. Yeah, we weren't intended to support adoptable storage afaik, I'll go disable it.
    闪光灯不能用,手电筒不能用,手电筒提示相机正在使用闪光灯,希望团队能解决这个bug

The flash cannot be used, and the flashlight cannot be used. The flashlight indicates that the camera is using the flash. I hope the team can solve this bug

magisk installed,is this the problem?
    No its well known bugs
    1. Flashlight not working
    2. Almoust all apps which have build in camera, uses wrong lense, what makes impossible to focus on any image
    3. You cant transfer apps to external SD card
    4. Some of apps crashes during start, because they using wrong resolution of screen
    Even this 4 bugs makes using now as a daily driver Lineage OS on all builds inluding the last one 18.1 build very hard.
    Guys please help, everything working fine on Lineage OS, but after installing "MindTheGapps" wifi just not working at all, what i can do to fix this? I'm not big expert but help definetely needed if it possible.
    Ditto - installed the 704 build w/ mindthegapps and wifi is nonfunctional.

Installing 704 build w/o mindthegapps and wifi works fine.

Since I have yet to correctly setup my phone w/ lineage os I'm trying 627 build.

Edit - 627 w/ mindthegapps still results in non-functional wifi.

Edit 2 - build 620 w/ mindthegapps allows wifi to work fine.
    I would test them but this phone is my daily driver and I don't have anything else to use so I don't want to risk compromising the functionality of the phone
    As far as i can tell you, as a daily driver, Lineage OS for RP2 is still buggy and need plenty fixes, so better wait half year or more, with hope what everything will be fine, cause now bug with wrong lense makes many apps which uses camera completely useless, cause you cant focus image, and flashlight bug is annoying too.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Detailed installation instructions:
    Install LineageOS on aura

Download link:
    LineageOS Downloads

Recommended Google Apps package:
    MindTheGapps (choose ARM64 11.0 zip)

Changelog:
    Changes for aura

Bug reports:
    How to submit a bug report
    LineageOS GitLab

Known bugs:
    - Can't switch FPS (defaults to 120)
    - Can't switch screen resolution (defaults to 2560x1440)
    - Chroma RGB LEDs are not implemented yet

Donate to support development:
    Donate via PayPal to mikeioannina
    Donate via PayPal to npjohnson
    Donate via PayPal to LineageOS

Source Code:
    https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM Firmware Required:
    Recommended 9.0 - P-SMR6-RC001-RZR-201022 (automatically installed with the ROM)

Special thanks to the following users for donating money so I could buy the device:
    @jal3223
    @Mikekrd
    @jonchance_84
    @InViSiB0B
    @kountry83
    @RKBD
    After almost one whole year since I got the device, bringup is finally done and we can enjoy a newer android version than stock 9.0.

Builds will be available once next weekly build cycle starts.

Thanks to the people that donated for the device and thanks to @npjohnson for all the testing and figuring out some issues.
    I might have jumped the gun creating this thread, build will be probably available on Sunday :/

For a refresher:
    By the way RGB leds work with Magisk for root and LogoPlus app, I'll take a look and see if LogoPlus can be converted to system app and built inline so it doesn't need root.