• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][11][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for Razer Phone 2

Search This thread

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
heya, is there any official ETA in when the next nightly patch will be released?
Once a week, on Sunday. Won't vary from that.
First, I want to thank you for the work done - it's great!
Now I want to ask my questions. I installed the system exactly as described here:
Today I noticed that an update has come. In the android settings, I selected the update item and downloaded it. An error occurred while trying to install the update. The battery charge was about 70%. I ended up just reinstalling the system cleanly because I thought I had done something wrong.
I have a few questions:
1) When unlocking the bootloader, do I need to "unlock_critical"? The instructions do not indicate this, but I want to completely dispel my doubts.
2) After installing LineageOS-recovery, it logs in in a rather strange way. If I just turn on the phone with the vol+ button holding, then it boots up normally into recovery. If I boot into the recovery from the bootloader through the menu, then when I reboot, half of the screen fills with black, and the second is white. After a few seconds, the phone reboots again and boots into recovery. Is this the expected behavior or did I do something wrong?
3) Can the bootloader be locked after installing Lineage OS?
Updater - What was the error?

1) No you don't need to. It's only if you wanted to flash partitions like the factory image from Razer via fastboot - I would do it in case of emergency.
2) Yeah, some people see this, some don't - if you want to file a bug ticket like the wiki details, we can try to look into it (I hit this too), but it seems to me to be a bootloader bug or something - might not be something we can fix :/
3) Yes, but don't do it - if you mess up recovery and you locked the bootloader there's potentially no way to recover.
I think I managed to capture the freeze during video playback that others are experiencing. I can reproduce it pretty easily by using video playback in Google Photos.

Thanks for a the work so far! Hope this can help.
Please file this as a bug ticket on our Gitlab tracker like the wiki details, I'll take a look at it there and try to help :)
on slot a or b, sorry im too noob, can you give me command code step by step
No, sorry - just follow the wiki guide - it's very detailed.

Reactions: sikampang

64-core CPU

Jun 20, 2021
No details. When i try to update in the update menu, the update itself does not start, and an update error message appears in the shutter (the reason for the error is not indicated).

At the expense of locking the bootloader. Excuse me for my persistence, but I want to understand to the end and assess all the risks, I wish that the ability to lock the bootloader and keep the data safe is of some value to me. If the recovery is damaged, I will not be able to boot into the bootloader and unlock it via adb (provided that I did not enable OEM unlock in the android developer menu)? With the bootloader locked, will it be possible to update LineageOS or will you have to unlock it every time for updates?

Last edited:

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
No details. When i try to update in the update menu, the update itself does not start, and an update error message appears in the shutter (the reason for the error is not indicated).

At the expense of locking the bootloader. Excuse me for my persistence, but I want to understand to the end and assess all the risks, I wish that the ability to lock the bootloader and keep the data safe is of some value to me. If the recovery is damaged, I will not be able to boot into the bootloader and unlock it via adb (provided that I did not enable OEM unlock in the android developer menu)? With the bootloader locked, will it be possible to update LineageOS or will you have to unlock it every time for updates?
Really - please don't do this. Especially considered we flash a disabled vbmeta image, and you destroy any chance at verity working by flashing gapps.

And the OEM unlock toggle resets on every boot when you're locked - so you'd never have it checked when you need it to.

sikampang

Jan 14, 2021
Once a week, on Sunday. Won't vary from that.

1) No you don't need to. It's only if you wanted to flash partitions like the factory image from Razer via fastboot - I would do it in case of emergency.
2) Yeah, some people see this, some don't - if you want to file a bug ticket like the wiki details, we can try to look into it (I hit this too), but it seems to me to be a bootloader bug or something - might not be something we can fix :/
3) Yes, but don't do it - if you mess up recovery and you locked the bootloader there's potentially no way to recover.

Please file this as a bug ticket on our Gitlab tracker like the wiki details, I'll take a look at it there and try to help :)

No, sorry - just follow the wiki guide - it's very detailed.
ok thanks for your reply, i was installed this rom from wiki guide

Jun 18, 2021
It was easy to flash and booted up right out of the box. WiFi and Bluetooth worked as well.

I did find a bug: the flashlight does not work. The Flashlight icon is greyed out with the text "Camera in use". The camera is not in use and even rebooting the phone does not fix the error.

I can't delete and reinstall the Camera app, so there is no workaround for now.
Just updated to the new build via ADB. (The updater failed.) and the camera/flashlight bug persists....

sikampang

Jan 14, 2021
bug rom build 20 juny, sometime when charging from 2% to 50% this phone always connect and disconect every minute.. after 60% charging work normal
and when play game sometime speaker not working and working again

sako_1930

Oct 15, 2012
Yerevan
I just extract the payload and flash system/vendor/boot/vbmeta images (after restoring to razer mr6) and the camera and flash problem fixed but now there is new issue appears :D there is no sound came out of the speakers.
any idea how to fix that or what image file i should flash next to make speakers work ?

p.s. I just did that because I flash factory vendor\boot\vbmeta\GSI rom and the camera still used the telephoto one so I decided to test that this way.

jal3223

Mar 14, 2009
Google Pixel XL
Samsung Galaxy S8+
they will be better than nothing haha - we can compare working volte log to non-work

they will be better than nothing haha - we can compare working volte log to non-working.

Man, I feel like an idiot. lol. I flashed stock to get logs regarding signal, then flashed Lineage for logs and now signal is working on Verizon. I'm not sure if it just needs to be registered in stock first, but now IMS is registered in Lineage for me. I have verified everything by placing a phone call and receiving an SMS. Sorry for the false report.

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
Man, I feel like an idiot. lol. I flashed stock to get logs regarding signal, then flashed Lineage for logs and now signal is working on Verizon. I'm not sure if it just needs to be registered in stock first, but now IMS is registered in Lineage for me. I have verified everything by placing a phone call and receiving an SMS. Sorry for the false report.
Wait, so VZW IMS works for you?

That's awesome if so!

jal3223

Mar 14, 2009
Google Pixel XL
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Wait, so VZW IMS works for you?

That's awesome if so!
Yeah, it does. It started work after getting IMS registered on stock and then flashing Lineage. I used MR6 firmware specifically. I'm not sure if maybe the system got corrupt or something with the previous test builds. Anyways, it is working though. Thank you!

Reactions: npjohnson

N_otori0us_

Mar 30, 2013
█ ▆ ▄ ▂ ▁ ▂ ▄ ▆ █`
can the adb sideload be done on a windows machine? or does it need linux/mac. also did you lose all your data after sideloading?
it can be done on Windows, look up "minimal adb and fastboot", that's the thing I used. If you're installing the software for the first time then yeah you are supposed to wipe all your data before you flash it meaning you'll lose all your data.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So far there are five major aura-specific bugs that stand out to me that have yet to be resolved, two of which have gitlab issues created for them. I will try and capture the camera bug and logcat it, and see what I can do for the other bugs.

For a refresher:
    • Flashlight does not work, the button in the status bar pull-down menu tray says the camera is constantly in use and is grayed out.
    • The back camera is primarily using the wrong lens, namely the zoom lens, forcing the camera to be zoomed in at all times, making it hard to take pictures that aren't blurry and distorted.
    • There is an audio bug where if audio levels are below a certain threshold, it simply will not play any audio at all.
    • The phone completely locks up when watching certain video playbacks, and has to have the power button held down for a hard reset every time it happens. For me personally, this has happened numerous times watching videos on Snapchat, but I know it happens on YouTube and other media, like Google Photos.
    • An SD card formatted as internal storage will not allow apps to be stored on it, and when attempted a prompt will appear, saying "Not enough storage space".
    These bugs are quite a major hindrance in being able to enjoy Lineage on aura properly and a major frustration point in using the phone as a daily driver. Hopefully they can be resolved soon.
    The update is already downloaded, does it need to connect to the servers in order to install it? Sorry if that's a really noob question
    No. I just installed update myself & had no issues w/ the LineageOS updater. Only thing I can think of is make sure your bootloader + flashing capabilities are still unlocked. If still having issues, try deleting the downloaded update & re-downloading
    Guys please help, everything working fine on Lineage OS, but after installing "MindTheGapps" wifi just not working at all, what i can do to fix this? I'm not big expert but help definetely needed if it possible.
    Ditto - installed the 704 build w/ mindthegapps and wifi is nonfunctional.

Installing 704 build w/o mindthegapps and wifi works fine.

Since I have yet to correctly setup my phone w/ lineage os I'm trying 627 build.

Edit - 627 w/ mindthegapps still results in non-functional wifi.

Edit 2 - build 620 w/ mindthegapps allows wifi to work fine.
    I would test them but this phone is my daily driver and I don't have anything else to use so I don't want to risk compromising the functionality of the phone
    As far as i can tell you, as a daily driver, Lineage OS for RP2 is still buggy and need plenty fixes, so better wait half year or more, with hope what everything will be fine, cause now bug with wrong lense makes many apps which uses camera completely useless, cause you cant focus image, and flashlight bug is annoying too.
    闪光灯不能用,手电筒不能用,手电筒提示相机正在使用闪光灯,希望团队能解决这个bug

The flash cannot be used, and the flashlight cannot be used. The flashlight indicates that the camera is using the flash. I hope the team can solve this bug

magisk installed,is this the problem?
    No its well known bugs
    1. Flashlight not working
    2. Almoust all apps which have build in camera, uses wrong lense, what makes impossible to focus on any image
    3. You cant transfer apps to external SD card
    4. Some of apps crashes during start, because they using wrong resolution of screen
    Even this 4 bugs makes using now as a daily driver Lineage OS on all builds inluding the last one 18.1 build very hard.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Detailed installation instructions:
    Install LineageOS on aura

Download link:
    LineageOS Downloads

Recommended Google Apps package:
    MindTheGapps (choose ARM64 11.0 zip)

Changelog:
    Changes for aura

Bug reports:
    How to submit a bug report
    LineageOS GitLab

Known bugs:
    - Can't switch FPS (defaults to 120)
    - Can't switch screen resolution (defaults to 2560x1440)
    - Chroma RGB LEDs are not implemented yet

Donate to support development:
    Donate via PayPal to mikeioannina
    Donate via PayPal to npjohnson
    Donate via PayPal to LineageOS

Source Code:
    https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM Firmware Required:
    Recommended 9.0 - P-SMR6-RC001-RZR-201022 (automatically installed with the ROM)

Special thanks to the following users for donating money so I could buy the device:
    @jal3223
    @Mikekrd
    @jonchance_84
    @InViSiB0B
    @kountry83
    @RKBD
    After almost one whole year since I got the device, bringup is finally done and we can enjoy a newer android version than stock 9.0.

Builds will be available once next weekly build cycle starts.

Thanks to the people that donated for the device and thanks to @npjohnson for all the testing and figuring out some issues.
    I might have jumped the gun creating this thread, build will be probably available on Sunday :/
    So far there are five major aura-specific bugs that stand out to me that have yet to be resolved, two of which have gitlab issues created for them. I will try and capture the camera bug and logcat it, and see what I can do for the other bugs.

For a refresher:
    • Flashlight does not work, the button in the status bar pull-down menu tray says the camera is constantly in use and is grayed out.
    • The back camera is primarily using the wrong lens, namely the zoom lens, forcing the camera to be zoomed in at all times, making it hard to take pictures that aren't blurry and distorted.
    • There is an audio bug where if audio levels are below a certain threshold, it simply will not play any audio at all.
    • The phone completely locks up when watching certain video playbacks, and has to have the power button held down for a hard reset every time it happens. For me personally, this has happened numerous times watching videos on Snapchat, but I know it happens on YouTube and other media, like Google Photos.
    • An SD card formatted as internal storage will not allow apps to be stored on it, and when attempted a prompt will appear, saying "Not enough storage space".
    These bugs are quite a major hindrance in being able to enjoy Lineage on aura properly and a major frustration point in using the phone as a daily driver. Hopefully they can be resolved soon.
    By the way RGB leds work with Magisk for root and LogoPlus app, I'll take a look and see if LogoPlus can be converted to system app and built inline so it doesn't need root.