[ROM][11][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for Razer Phone 2

Search This thread

tzukiwy

Jun 15, 2021
OnePlus 3T
Razer Phone 2
it can be done on Windows, look up "minimal adb and fastboot", that's the thing I used. If you're installing the software for the first time then yeah you are supposed to wipe all your data before you flash it meaning you'll lose all your data.
i've flashed the latest LOS thinking it has the camera update. but this weekend when the camera is fixed I want to update it. so I'm just wondering how do I update it via USB cause I read some people have problems with the built in updater. will I lose all data if I update via ADB?

Last edited:

N_otori0us_

Mar 30, 2013
█ ▆ ▄ ▂ ▁ ▂ ▄ ▆ █`
i've flashed the latest LOS thinking it has the camera update. but this weekend when the camera is fixed I want to update it. so I'm just wondering how do I update it via USB cause I read some people have problems with the built in updater. will I lose all data if I update via ADB?
I don't think so, you'll only lose it if you choose to wipe all data before you flash. Just flash it without wiping data and you should be fine I think.

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
use the built in updater - it works fine.

64-core CPU

Jun 20, 2021
It happened again. Any ideas?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210627-092235_Updater.png
    Screenshot_20210627-092235_Updater.png
    113.9 KB · Views: 155
  • Screenshot_20210627-092228_Updater.png
    Screenshot_20210627-092228_Updater.png
    87.4 KB · Views: 155
Reactions: sikampang

Liminality

Aug 9, 2013
The update is already downloaded, does it need to connect to the servers in order to install it? Sorry if that's a really noob question
No. I just installed update myself & had no issues w/ the LineageOS updater. Only thing I can think of is make sure your bootloader + flashing capabilities are still unlocked. If still having issues, try deleting the downloaded update & re-downloading

Reactions: sikampang

sikampang

Jan 14, 2021
No. I just installed update myself & had no issues w/ the LineageOS updater. Only thing I can think of is make sure your bootloader + flashing capabilities are still unlocked. If still having issues, try deleting the downloaded update & re-downloading
same, always error, im reseting phone and downloaded update again and error

sikampang

Jan 14, 2021
fix now, problem is i installed rom with built SMR7 not SMR6 :'v

Other than the camera issue I haven't had any problems with LOS on my Razer phone 2, but the built in updater keeps failing out and won't let me update, is there something that I need to turn on in my bootloader or something to allow it to update? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, if the built in updater doesn't work what file do I download to update via ADB? Thank you guys again for your amazing work, keep it up!

Jun 18, 2021
Other than the camera issue I haven't had any problems with LOS on my Razer phone 2, but the built in updater keeps failing out and won't let me update, is there something that I need to turn on in my bootloader or something to allow it to update? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, if the built in updater doesn't work what file do I download to update via ADB? Thank you guys again for your amazing work, keep it up!
Download the most recent .zip file from here: https://download.lineageos.org/aura
(I have the same problem. The updater fails after downloading.)
Then from recovery do:
adb sideload lineage-18.1-20210704-nightly-aura-signed.zip

Guys please help, everything working fine on Lineage OS, but after installing "MindTheGapps" wifi just not working at all, what i can do to fix this? I'm not big expert but help definetely needed if it possible.
Ditto - installed the 704 build w/ mindthegapps and wifi is nonfunctional.

Installing 704 build w/o mindthegapps and wifi works fine.

Since I have yet to correctly setup my phone w/ lineage os I'm trying 627 build.

Edit - 627 w/ mindthegapps still results in non-functional wifi.

Edit 2 - build 620 w/ mindthegapps allows wifi to work fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: N_otori0us_

s2601d

Nov 28, 2019
Razer Phone 2
OnePlus 9 Pro
Ditto - installed the 704 build w/ mindthegapps and wifi is nonfunctional.

Installing 704 build w/o mindthegapps and wifi works fine.

Since I have yet to correctly setup my phone w/ lineage os I'm trying 627 build.

Edit - 627 w/ mindthegapps still results in non-functional wifi.

Edit 2 - build 620 w/ mindthegapps allows wifi to work fine.
Thanks for help, i will try 620 build.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Detailed installation instructions:
    Install LineageOS on aura

Download link:
    LineageOS Downloads

Recommended Google Apps package:
    MindTheGapps (choose ARM64 11.0 zip)

Changelog:
    Changes for aura

Bug reports:
    How to submit a bug report
    LineageOS GitLab

Known bugs:
    - Chroma RGB LEDs are not implemented yet

Known bugs (won't fix):
    - Can't switch screen resolution (defaults to 2560x1440)

Donate to support development:
    Donate via PayPal to mikeioannina
    Donate via PayPal to npjohnson
    Donate via PayPal to LineageOS

Source Code:
    https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM Firmware Required:
    Recommended 9.0 - P-SMR7-RC003-RZR 210107.3225 (automatically installed with the ROM)

Special thanks to the following users for donating money so I could buy the device:
    @jal3223
    @Mikekrd
    @jonchance_84
    @InViSiB0B
    @kountry83
    @RKBD
    Hello everyone and happy new year!

It took a long time, but I finally found time to debug the issues, so next build should contain fixes for the following bugs:
    * Flashlight not working
    * Rear camera using telephoto lens instead of normal lens

There will also be a new setting implemented in Display settings, where you can select refresh rate (supports switching between 30/40/48/50/60/90/120 fps)

Next I'll be looking into integrating chroma RGB settings and continue working on android 12.
    After almost one whole year since I got the device, bringup is finally done and we can enjoy a newer android version than stock 9.0.

Builds will be available once next weekly build cycle starts.

Thanks to the people that donated for the device and thanks to @npjohnson for all the testing and figuring out some issues.
    So far there are five major aura-specific bugs that stand out to me that have yet to be resolved, two of which have gitlab issues created for them. I will try and capture the camera bug and logcat it, and see what I can do for the other bugs.

For a refresher:
    • Flashlight does not work, the button in the status bar pull-down menu tray says the camera is constantly in use and is grayed out.
    • The back camera is primarily using the wrong lens, namely the zoom lens, forcing the camera to be zoomed in at all times, making it hard to take pictures that aren't blurry and distorted.
    • There is an audio bug where if audio levels are below a certain threshold, it simply will not play any audio at all.
    • The phone completely locks up when watching certain video playbacks, and has to have the power button held down for a hard reset every time it happens. For me personally, this has happened numerous times watching videos on Snapchat, but I know it happens on YouTube and other media, like Google Photos.
    • An SD card formatted as internal storage will not allow apps to be stored on it, and when attempted a prompt will appear, saying "Not enough storage space".
    These bugs are quite a major hindrance in being able to enjoy Lineage on aura properly and a major frustration point in using the phone as a daily driver. Hopefully they can be resolved soon.
    1. Aware, looking into it.
    2. Aware, looking into it.
    3. Didn't know, looking into it.
    4. Link me a video, 4k costa rica video on youtube plays fine for me...
    5. Yeah, we weren't intended to support adoptable storage afaik, I'll go disable it.
    I might have jumped the gun creating this thread, build will be probably available on Sunday :/