[ROM][11][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for Razer Phone 2

Search This thread

Luminier

Jul 17, 2020
So far there are five major aura-specific bugs that stand out to me that have yet to be resolved, two of which have gitlab issues created for them. I will try and capture the camera bug and logcat it, and see what I can do for the other bugs.

For a refresher:
  • Flashlight does not work, the button in the status bar pull-down menu tray says the camera is constantly in use and is grayed out.
  • The back camera is primarily using the wrong lens, namely the zoom lens, forcing the camera to be zoomed in at all times, making it hard to take pictures that aren't blurry and distorted.
  • There is an audio bug where if audio levels are below a certain threshold, it simply will not play any audio at all.
  • The phone completely locks up when watching certain video playbacks, and has to have the power button held down for a hard reset every time it happens. For me personally, this has happened numerous times watching videos on Snapchat, but I know it happens on YouTube and other media, like Google Photos.
  • An SD card formatted as internal storage will not allow apps to be stored on it, and when attempted a prompt will appear, saying "Not enough storage space".
These bugs are quite a major hindrance in being able to enjoy Lineage on aura properly and a major frustration point in using the phone as a daily driver. Hopefully they can be resolved soon.

Last edited:

s2601d

Nov 28, 2019
Razer Phone 2
OnePlus 9 Pro
Have you been able to try the 620 build and see if WiFi works yet? I'm still running 613 and I want to make sure it's ok to update to 620.
Yes 620 works fine with GApps,
So far there are five major aura-specific bugs that stand out to me that have yet to be resolved, two of which have gitlab issues created for them. I will try and capture the camera bug and logcat it, and see what I can do for the other bugs.

For a refresher:
  • Flashlight does not work, the button in the status bar pull-down menu tray says the camera is constantly in use and is grayed out.
  • The back camera is primarily using the wrong lens, namely the zoom lens, forcing the camera to be zoomed in at all times, making it hard to take pictures that aren't blurry and distorted.
  • There is an audio bug where if audio levels are below a certain threshold, it simply will not play any audio at all.
  • The phone completely locks up when watching certain video playbacks, and has to have the power button held down for a hard reset every time it happens. For me personally, this has happened numerous times watching videos on Snapchat, but I know it happens on YouTube and other media, like Google Photos.
  • An SD card formatted as internal storage will not allow apps to be stored on it, and when attempted a prompt will appear, saying "Not enough storage space".
These bugs are quite a major hindrance in being able to enjoy Lineage on aura properly and a major frustration point in using the phone as a daily driver. Hopefully they can be resolved soon.
In addition i tryed all builds and they have same issue, i can't say what causes this but it makes completely useless, apps like vanced manager, or xmanager, just crashed on startup, maybe i doing something wrong, but for me 2 of this is critical.

s2601d

Nov 28, 2019
Razer Phone 2
OnePlus 9 Pro
I would test them but this phone is my daily driver and I don't have anything else to use so I don't want to risk compromising the functionality of the phone
As far as i can tell you, as a daily driver, Lineage OS for RP2 is still buggy and need plenty fixes, so better wait half year or more, with hope what everything will be fine, cause now bug with wrong lense makes many apps which uses camera completely useless, cause you cant focus image, and flashlight bug is annoying too.

Reactions: Succous
As far as i can tell you, as a daily driver, Lineage OS for RP2 is still buggy and need plenty fixes, so better wait half year or more, with hope what everything will be fine, cause now bug with wrong lense makes many apps which uses camera completely useless, cause you cant focus image, and flashlight bug is annoying too.
Thanks for the tip, but so far the camera bug is the only thing that's a slight problem for me as of now, I just want to make sure the next builds aren't more broken than this one before I update. Thanks.

The updater successfully installed the 7-11 (lineage-18.1-20210711-nightly-aura-signed.zip) just now.
*Winning*

Has anyone tested the 711 build for the WiFi bug yet?

I would test them but this phone is my daily driver and I don't have anything else to use so I don't want to risk compromising the functionality of the phone
It's my daily driver too but I decided to try the 711 build via updater to see what happens and success.
Went from 620 to 711 by allowing the updater to run and it installed w/o errors. Wifi works after reboot so I'm happy.

just converted mine over and loving the update - some apps auto close due to the resolution and now my Junglecat controller comes up as 2 devices so waiting for that to get fixed - just donated to the devs please do the same so this can continue
Good on you for putting your money where your mouth is!

For a refresher:
That threw for a loop. I forgot for a moment that this thread is for Cheryl devices, not Aura devices.

For those interested, issues for Cheryl devices are tracked as such: https://gitlab.com/LineageOS/issues/android/-/issues?scope=all&state=all&label_name[]=device:cheryl

What issues, if any, are still present in the latest builds for Cheryl and Cheryl 2 devices?

Last edited:

Reznor7

Apr 27, 2013
Good on you for putting your money where your mouth is!

That threw for a loop. I forgot for a moment that this thread is for Cheryl devices, not Aura devices.

For those interested, issues for Cheryl devices are tracked as such: https://gitlab.com/LineageOS/issues/android/-/issues?scope=all&state=all&label_name[]=device:cheryl

What issues, if any, are still present in the latest builds for Cheryl and Cheryl 2 devices?
But this thread IS for aura...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Detailed installation instructions:
    Install LineageOS on aura

Download link:
    LineageOS Downloads

Recommended Google Apps package:
    MindTheGapps (choose ARM64 11.0 zip)

Changelog:
    Changes for aura

Bug reports:
    How to submit a bug report
    LineageOS GitLab

Known bugs:
    - Chroma RGB LEDs are not implemented yet

Known bugs (won't fix):
    - Can't switch screen resolution (defaults to 2560x1440)

Donate to support development:
    Donate via PayPal to mikeioannina
    Donate via PayPal to npjohnson
    Donate via PayPal to LineageOS

Source Code:
    https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM Firmware Required:
    Recommended 9.0 - P-SMR7-RC003-RZR 210107.3225 (automatically installed with the ROM)

Special thanks to the following users for donating money so I could buy the device:
    @jal3223
    @Mikekrd
    @jonchance_84
    @InViSiB0B
    @kountry83
    @RKBD
    Hello everyone and happy new year!

It took a long time, but I finally found time to debug the issues, so next build should contain fixes for the following bugs:
    * Flashlight not working
    * Rear camera using telephoto lens instead of normal lens

There will also be a new setting implemented in Display settings, where you can select refresh rate (supports switching between 30/40/48/50/60/90/120 fps)

Next I'll be looking into integrating chroma RGB settings and continue working on android 12.
    After almost one whole year since I got the device, bringup is finally done and we can enjoy a newer android version than stock 9.0.

Builds will be available once next weekly build cycle starts.

Thanks to the people that donated for the device and thanks to @npjohnson for all the testing and figuring out some issues.

For a refresher:
    1. Aware, looking into it.
    2. Aware, looking into it.
    3. Didn't know, looking into it.
    4. Link me a video, 4k costa rica video on youtube plays fine for me...
    5. Yeah, we weren't intended to support adoptable storage afaik, I'll go disable it.
    I might have jumped the gun creating this thread, build will be probably available on Sunday :/