[ROM][11][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for Razer Phone 2

Search This thread

IngwiePhoenix

May 18, 2013
Razer Phone 2
I have figured out a solution that does not require a factory reset.
Execute the following commands:
You, sir, are a life saver! Now I can test this on every update to see if it got fixed or not.

Considering that su can take a command as argument, I would think that this could be shortened to one line as: adb shell su -c "settings put --user 0 system display_color_mode 0" but I am not 100% sure.

Still, thank you for pointing this one out! Seriously a HUGE help!

D

Deleted member 12072483

Considering that su can take a command as argument, I would think that this could be shortened to one line as: adb shell su -c "settings put --user 0 system display_color_mode 0" but I am not 100% sure.

Glad I could help.
I realized that settings does not require superuser permission. So, as minimal as it can get:

Code:
adb shell settings put --user 0 system display_color_mode 0

Reactions: IngwiePhoenix
Sep 29, 2021
This freezing glitch can happen with almost any video or gif it would seem. And regardless of what app you're using. I have noticed though, it seems to happen especially often with ads in chrome. Idk why. It's happening a lot more often than it used to feels like.

Hammerfest

Apr 3, 2008
San Antonio, TX
This freezing glitch can happen with almost any video or gif it would seem. And regardless of what app you're using. I have noticed though, it seems to happen especially often with ads in chrome. Idk why. It's happening a lot more often than it used to feels like.
Ya, any moving picture video (video/gif/slideshow).

Truly random as far as I have experienced, as far as how often, it comes and goes :X

SpunkMcKullins

Mar 6, 2022
Ya, any moving picture video (video/gif/slideshow).

Truly random as far as I have experienced, as far as how often, it comes and goes :X
Bizarrely, I don't think I have this problem with non-browser apps. YouTube seems to work fine, as does most media apps, and viewing gifs or videos in my gallery doesn't cause it. Hopefully a cause can be pinpointed eventually.

edison

Jul 21, 2007
Hey all, has anyone other than @jal3223 been able to get Lineage OS 18.1 official (or 19.1, for that matter) working on Verizon? I just got a replacement phone back from Razer and am trying to get this up and running. Stock works, but after flashing Lineage, then back to stock, I have to have Verizon do *something* (dunno what they actually do) to get voice working.

I've flashed Lineage after flashing stock, but I still can't get it to make calls.

The Preferred Network setting that works on stock initially was TD-SCDMA/CDMA/UMTS, although LTE/TD-SCDMA/UMTS worked as well. In both cases both the voice and data network were showed LTE.

Lineage 18.1 doesn't offer any options with UMTS. And so far none of the other network options have given me anything other than Emergency Calls Only, and of course, I can't make or receive calls.

muellerm30

Hey all, has anyone other than @jal3223 been able to get Lineage OS 18.1 official (or 19.1, for that matter) working on Verizon? I just got a replacement phone back from Razer and am trying to get this up and running. Stock works, but after flashing Lineage, then back to stock, I have to have Verizon do *something* (dunno what they actually do) to get voice working.

I've flashed Lineage after flashing stock, but I still can't get it to make calls.

The Preferred Network setting that works on stock initially was TD-SCDMA/CDMA/UMTS, although LTE/TD-SCDMA/UMTS worked as well. In both cases both the voice and data network were showed LTE.

Lineage 18.1 doesn't offer any options with UMTS. And so far none of the other network options have given me anything other than Emergency Calls Only, and of course, I can't make or receive calls.
Hey Edison, did Razer replace your device no charge? I'm guessing it was out of warranty? I have an RMA with Razer regarding my C port not being able to use as a data connection and they want to charge me $130 diagnostics + the repair fee which I'm assuming they would just RMA.

edison

Jul 21, 2007
Hey Edison, did Razer replace your device no charge? I'm guessing it was out of warranty? I have an RMA with Razer regarding my C port not being able to use as a data connection and they want to charge me $130 diagnostics + the repair fee which I'm assuming they would just RMA.
Nah, I had to pay for the repair, but that was in part because I had cracked the screen (in addition to the defects in the unit replaced under warranty).

New one has the same problems, so I'm wondering if they didn't just swap the screen and case.

salur

Dec 22, 2019
Hello there. After making the latest update(PixelExperience for Razer Phone 2 [aura]), I can't load the Magisk img file I packed on the phone(error: boot partition is smaller than boot image). do you have a solution for this? Thanks.

IngwiePhoenix

May 18, 2013
Razer Phone 2
Had this once too. Make a full backup, then factory reset and start over.
Basically what happened is that you might have - by accident - resized the partition yourself. This can happen during the flashing process. In my case, the connection broke while transfering a patched boot.img, causing this issue to happen. I had to start over to fix it...

Reactions: salur

salur

Dec 22, 2019
i solved the problem. I made a usb multiplier port (usb2.0) connection and the problem was solved.

IngwiePhoenix

May 18, 2013
Razer Phone 2
Awesome! =)

RP2's usb connection in fastboot and recovery is kinda wank. I myself use a usb3.1 certified cable and a fitting port. That has been the most stable for me. Shopping for a cable with a specific spec was a nightmare...

salur

Dec 22, 2019
I guess this is a problem with AMD processors. indeed when I tried to flash it with a hub connection, it went smoothly.

P650SE

Aug 14, 2013
Does anyone still have a link to download the final build of Lineage 18.1 for RP2? It is no longer available to download from the official Lineage website as it has been replaced by newer builds based on Android 12.

This is the file I am looking for:

lineage-18.1-20220425-nightly-aura-signed.zip
SHA1: 4ba361492aeb2c8572bdb986a7ef4024228ac02d
SHA256: a4526621390d8c0a3d40c7f89612582530315432eb1714c8d9cbe9bd2c34db19

P650SE

Aug 14, 2013
It should still be avilable in the build artifacts - I don't think they are fully purged all the time? o.o

That said, why this version in particular @P650SE ?

Oh interesting! For future reference, are you able to link me to the page where I'd be able to download these older builds?

The reason I asked for the latest Lineage 18.1 is just because I really dislike the new rounded UI in Android 12. I know it might seem fussy but I just can't stand the rounded oversized look of everything in A12 and the amount of space it wastes. I hate how even the picture-in-picture video player has rounded corners. To me, that just feels stupid. So I would rather run the older version even if it does have more bugs.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Detailed installation instructions:
    Install LineageOS on aura

Download link:
    LineageOS Downloads

Recommended Google Apps package:
    MindTheGapps (choose ARM64 11.0 zip)

Changelog:
    Changes for aura

Bug reports:
    How to submit a bug report
    LineageOS GitLab

Known bugs:
    - Chroma RGB LEDs are not implemented yet

Known bugs (won't fix):
    - Can't switch screen resolution (defaults to 2560x1440)

Donate to support development:
    Donate via PayPal to mikeioannina
    Donate via PayPal to npjohnson
    Donate via PayPal to LineageOS

Source Code:
    https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM Firmware Required:
    Recommended 9.0 - P-SMR7-RC003-RZR 210107.3225 (automatically installed with the ROM)

Special thanks to the following users for donating money so I could buy the device:
    @jal3223
    @Mikekrd
    @jonchance_84
    @InViSiB0B
    @kountry83
    @RKBD
    Hello everyone and happy new year!

It took a long time, but I finally found time to debug the issues, so next build should contain fixes for the following bugs:
    * Flashlight not working
    * Rear camera using telephoto lens instead of normal lens

There will also be a new setting implemented in Display settings, where you can select refresh rate (supports switching between 30/40/48/50/60/90/120 fps)

Next I'll be looking into integrating chroma RGB settings and continue working on android 12.
    After almost one whole year since I got the device, bringup is finally done and we can enjoy a newer android version than stock 9.0.

Builds will be available once next weekly build cycle starts.

Thanks to the people that donated for the device and thanks to @npjohnson for all the testing and figuring out some issues.
    So far there are five major aura-specific bugs that stand out to me that have yet to be resolved, two of which have gitlab issues created for them. I will try and capture the camera bug and logcat it, and see what I can do for the other bugs.

For a refresher:
    • Flashlight does not work, the button in the status bar pull-down menu tray says the camera is constantly in use and is grayed out.
    • The back camera is primarily using the wrong lens, namely the zoom lens, forcing the camera to be zoomed in at all times, making it hard to take pictures that aren't blurry and distorted.
    • There is an audio bug where if audio levels are below a certain threshold, it simply will not play any audio at all.
    • The phone completely locks up when watching certain video playbacks, and has to have the power button held down for a hard reset every time it happens. For me personally, this has happened numerous times watching videos on Snapchat, but I know it happens on YouTube and other media, like Google Photos.
    • An SD card formatted as internal storage will not allow apps to be stored on it, and when attempted a prompt will appear, saying "Not enough storage space".
    These bugs are quite a major hindrance in being able to enjoy Lineage on aura properly and a major frustration point in using the phone as a daily driver. Hopefully they can be resolved soon.
    1. Aware, looking into it.
    2. Aware, looking into it.
    3. Didn't know, looking into it.
    4. Link me a video, 4k costa rica video on youtube plays fine for me...
    5. Yeah, we weren't intended to support adoptable storage afaik, I'll go disable it.
    I might have jumped the gun creating this thread, build will be probably available on Sunday :/