[ROM][11][OFFICIAL] OctaviOS-v1.2 [SURYA][09.11.2020]

Search This thread

Bryceicle1971

don't, use ofoxb4, PBRP is a mess, you have been warned :)
Noted. I looked on the PB site an could not find Surya. Other Pocos but not our one. I am not fond of OF of any kind. I have used TWRP for 5 years. Everything is in strange places in OF lol. Do you suggest a particular kind? Seriously I get lost inside OF. Only use it if no TWRP will work :)

Bryceicle1971

User PBRP
Where can I get it

Can be installed without magisk and GApps?
As soon as you do any wiping of any kind even with nothing checked to wipe you get a bootloop. Had 4 attempts but need to try other roms, Just aboot loop last time, PBRP cannot seem to wipe at all without renering the internal storage inaccessable. Unless you have to flash everything from the SD storage? Because thats the only thing I have not tried?

Only got this rom to boot the first time?

Bryceicle1971

Well I had about 5-6 goes an got it going. Used instructions as a guide. With Pitch black. It runs like a screaming sports car.

I just cannot get camera to work. Crash's. Or contacts to sync.

Also it cannot recognise my microsd card yet. Might need to be taken out an put in while on. Or reformatted?

All data an WiFi is solid now. Still a little freezing but total lockout of screen input no longer an issue.

It reminds me of a very powerful sports car that needs some love lol.

Thanks to people who helped me get it going :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210109-003324.png
    Screenshot_20210109-003324.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 101
  • Screenshot_20210109-002723.png
    Screenshot_20210109-002723.png
    159.5 KB · Views: 103
  • Screenshot_20210109-002748.png
    Screenshot_20210109-002748.png
    161.6 KB · Views: 98
  • Screenshot_20210109-002807.png
    Screenshot_20210109-002807.png
    107 KB · Views: 89
  • Screenshot_20210109-002713.png
    Screenshot_20210109-002713.png
    135.5 KB · Views: 91
  • Screenshot_20210109-001858.png
    Screenshot_20210109-001858.png
    202.9 KB · Views: 90
Reactions: pnin

Aki-to

Dec 3, 2020
Unstable WiFi an data connection.

That is actually a huge issue I only experienced weeks after installation. Now it feels like it's becoming worse and worse.

However, the worst thing of all is that the author does not reply to any comments here. It seems like the only people talking here are not directly involved with the project. I have commented in other projects' threads and, whenever necessary, the original author was responding. Yet, here, you get no response whatsoever. There aren't even news/announcements/updates to OctaviOS posted by the author here!

This, the Wi-Fi issue, the (still unanswered!) SELinux problem, the poor quality of information and installation instructions, make me consider flashing a different ROM, which has better support and much more open communication from the ROM author...

Bryceicle1971

That is actually a huge issue I only experienced weeks after installation. Now it feels like it's becoming worse and worse.

However, the worst thing of all is that the author does not reply to any comments here. It seems like the only people talking here are not directly involved with the project. I have commented in other projects' threads and, whenever necessary, the original author was responding. Yet, here, you get no response whatsoever. There aren't even news/announcements/updates to OctaviOS posted by the author here!

This, the Wi-Fi issue, the (still unanswered!) SELinux problem, the poor quality of information and installation instructions, make me consider flashing a different ROM, which has better support and much more open communication from the ROM author...
I ended up choosing Evox 5.2 as it has no major problems. I have a feeling it is because people complained about the first version. I have found them helpful. You just need to try an not tear people's work to shreds. I don't understand why selinex is so important but that's ok. I'm 49 an custom roma is my hobby. I did not stick with OtaviOS because of sync issues an having to use aquired skills an research to get basic functionality.

The rom has improved. Who knows the team may get more time people or resources to improve it's issues :)

There is no such thing as the perfect rom mate

CaPicote

Jan 10, 2019
Well I had about 5-6 goes an got it going. Used instructions as a guide. With Pitch black. It runs like a screaming sports car.

I just cannot get camera to work. Crash's. Or contacts to sync.

Also it cannot recognise my microsd card yet. Might need to be taken out an put in while on. Or reformatted?

All data an WiFi is solid now. Still a little freezing but total lockout of screen input no longer an issue.

It reminds me of a very powerful sports car that needs some love lol.

Thanks to people who helped me get it going :)

Yeah, the 15th December build is a mess. But thankfully there's a 31th December build which fix these issues

Last edited:

CaPicote

Jan 10, 2019

The maintainer for this device is indeed not very... Informative to say the least. Even on his Telegram group, the guy simply doesn't reply to anything involving an issue with the rom, only to silly jokes and this kind of stuff, making peoples pretty frustrated for being ignored.

Last time I tried to get an answer to something regarding the new update in the making, I had to mention him multiple times and all I got was an "okei" not even replying to the question, this guy is outright disrespectful.

Reactions: Aki-to

Aki-to

Dec 3, 2020
But thankfully there's a 31th December build which fix these issues

Can you confirm with certainty, that the connection issues are fixed?

Last time I tried to get an answer to something regarding the new update in the making, I had to mention him multiple times and all I got was an "okei" not even replying to the question, this guy is outright disrespectful.

That's how I perceive him even here, where he does not reply at all (at least I have seen no reply). I am still not sure, if I should change ROMs because of that. I do not want to step into a big issue and then get an "okei" as a response to my request for help.

CaPicote

Jan 10, 2019
Can you confirm with certainty, that the connection issues are fixed?

That's how I perceive him even here, where he does not reply at all (at least I have seen no reply). I am still not sure, if I should change ROMs because of that. I do not want to step into a big issue and then get an "okei" as a response to my request for help.

Well, I don't have any wifi/4g/Bluetooth issue so.. I think so?

Aki-to

Dec 3, 2020
I just want everyone to know, that I am changing ROM, because this one has just not enough support and nobody responsible for this ROM seems to care about the users.

Examples:
Even after such a long time, bugs are not being updated/shown/listed, even though people clearly had issues. Additionally, the extremely cheap ass instructions for installing this ROM remain as ****ty as they were in the beginning. I thought, they would update it and actually make real instructions, where you can at least see that they are putting effort in this. Yet, nothing. They just remain silent and don't engage with the community.
If they are responsible for this ROM and don't listen to bug reports or complaints, they are not suited for the job of providing ROMs for normal users.

Reactions: JustinTrouble

alirazaagha

Aug 19, 2012
This is a beautiful ROM indeed though device is not certified despite using magisk hide props. Apart from that, it is working as intended. I had problem with contacts and whatsapp which were not using google account for downloading contacts and backup but after adjusting magisk hide props, they connected my account. Google Camera by Urnyx (GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v2.5) works fine.

CaPicote

Jan 10, 2019
I just want everyone to know, that I am changing ROM, because this one has just not enough support and nobody responsible for this ROM seems to care about the users.

Examples:
Even after such a long time, bugs are not being updated/shown/listed, even though people clearly had issues. Additionally, the extremely cheap ass instructions for installing this ROM remain as ****ty as they were in the beginning. I thought, they would update it and actually make real instructions, where you can at least see that they are putting effort in this. Yet, nothing. They just remain silent and don't engage with the community.
If they are responsible for this ROM and don't listen to bug reports or complaints, they are not suited for the job of providing ROMs for normal users.

Hey, just wanted to let you know that the maintainer changed for our Poco apparently. Only time will tell if it's a positive one, but I'd be confident it is, the new maintainer is also the one for RR.

Though I don't understand the installation instructions part, just flash it after a clean wipe/format data like any other custom rom? I did just that and didn't have any issue

CaPicote

Jan 10, 2019
This is a beautiful ROM indeed though device is not certified despite using magisk hide props. Apart from that, it is working as intended. I had problem with contacts and whatsapp which were not using google account for downloading contacts and backup but after adjusting magisk hide props, they connected my account. Google Camera by Urnyx (GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v2.5) works fine.

You need to use the safetypass module which you can find on pretty much any telegram group for the Poco X3

Aki-to

Dec 3, 2020
Hey, just wanted to let you know that the maintainer changed for our Poco apparently. Only time will tell if it's a positive one, but I'd be confident it is, the new maintainer is also the one for RR.

Thank you. I will keep watching this project.

You need to use the safetypass module which you can find on pretty much any telegram group for the Poco X3

Are you talking about a Magisk module? Or is it something different? Why would someone need to join a Telegram group to get it?

alirazaagha

Aug 19, 2012
Are you talking about a Magisk module? Or is it something different? Why would someone need to join a Telegram group to get it?
I used that Universal SafetyNet Fix module. It is also found in Magisk repository inside Magisk app. It actually works but I am on Xiaomi EU ROM now because CODM was crashing on Octavi. I had to change ROM but I am keeping an eye on this ROM as I found it as per my taste :cowboy:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    posted as found on Telegram

OctaviOS v2.2 OFFICIAL | Android 11
    Updated: 10/04/'21

▪️Download
    ▪️Source Changelog
    ▪️Support

Device Changelog:
    • Address Smart Charging Selinux Denials
    • Fixed Gboard NavBar Spacing
    • Updated FP To Redfin April

Credits:
    @mahajant99 for trees
    • @ProvasishNandi, @billouetaudrey and @ThatDutchTesterGuy for testing the rom

By @Lostark13
    About.png

OctaviOS is an AOSP based rom focusing on Unique and Smooth UI with handy features. OctaviOS is a reborn of pie based PearlOS.
    Code:
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone by installing any custom ROMs and/or kernels. 
     * You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers.

CLEAN FLASH :

How to Flash :

Use PBRP
    Go to :
    Wipe Advance :
    All Partition Ticked except internal storage, usb-otg & microsd card (if used)
    Mount
    Metadata
    Data
    Cache
    Klik install
    Find data flash where ever you save (Internal Storage / microSD Card)
    Flash Firmware 12.0.3.0 or FW+Vendor 12.0.3.0 Global
    Untick Patch DM-Verity
    Flash ROM
    Flash Magisk Canary
    Reboot Recovery
    Recheck Mount
    Metadata
    Data
    Cache
    Flash OpenGApss Android 11
    I hope not bootloop anymore
    Reboot System
    Peace Bro?

Notes READ ONLY SURYA !!:

1. Before flashing make sure there is no locksreen (it is to decrypt data).
    2. Surya only support Global Firmware, other region fw are currently not supported.

Download ROM

credits.png

-Lineage OS
    -AOSP
    -Superior OS
    -MSM Xtended
    -Pixel Experience
    -Extended UI
    -Havoc OS
    -CrDroid ROM
    -Fluid OS
    -Others, I forgot to mention

Based on Android 11.0

Whats working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FMRadio
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound / vibration

Known issues
    Nothing yet
    You tell me

Source.png

OctaviOS Source

Device Trees
    Kernel Source: Perf + Kernel is prebuilt For Miui
    Telegram Group

REPORTING BUGS!
    As soon as the problem occurs, take a logcat!
    for more READ THIS

Special Thanks
    Source Tree: Mahajant99
    Thanks to OctaviOS source team
    My Team: Team Robot Android
    All Admin Vip Poco X3

OctaviOS for Poco X3 NFC
    Device: Poco X3 NFC
    Maintainer: Agung Pratama
    Build Type: Official

Like My Work? Buy me a cup of coffee
    Sen Here Paypal
    Send Here Saweria

ROM Kernel: Linux 4.14
    ROM Firmware Required: Must be on Latest Firmware
    Based On: AOSP

Android OS version: 11
    Security patch level: October 2020
    Build author: Agung Pratama
    ROM Developer:Sagar Rokade, Rahul Mishra, Satyam Sharma

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.2
    SELinux Status: Permissive
    Release Date: 2020-11-11
    posted as found on Telegram

OctaviOS Official Android 11 [REVIEWED]

• Reviewed by Tech Karan

• Device: Poco X3 (Karna & Surya)
    • OctaviOS Version: 2.3
    • Build Type: Vanilla
    • Build Date: 26 April 2021

• Source Changelog : Here

• Download : Here
    • OctaviOS Chat Group : Here
    • Device Specific Group : Here

By @Lostark13
    Yes and after that you need to flash twrp -> ROM -> Delete data (YES) -> reboot.

I did the following steps:
    1. Flash "surya_global_images_V12.0.3.0.QJGMIXM_20200925.0000.00_10.0_global" with "MiFlash 2020.3.14.0".
    2. Wipe Cache, Dalvik.
    3. Flash "OctaviOS-v1.2-surya-20201109-2033-VANILLA-Official".
    4. Flash "Magisk-v21.1".
    5. Format Data.
    6. Reboot into System.
    Wi-Fi is working!!

Now only NikGapps is missing, but that is just booting into Recovery, flashing and booting back into System, so no problem here, anymore.

THANK YOU!
    bumping this because of a new version:

OctaviOS 1.5 Official | Android 11
    Updated: 12/01/2020

▪️Download

Changelog:
    • Source side: Here
    • Device side: Here

Notes:
    • Flash Gapps of your choice Nik/Flame will be flash
    • ANX Not Included

Credits: