• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11][OFFICIAL] OctaviOS

Search This thread

thecleanse

May 4, 2017
Last edited by a moderator:

erikdrozina

Jan 12, 2021
erikdrozina.com
Power menu is not working.
When I press the devices control area phone returns to homescreen.
Is there any way to fix it?
I'm using a lot this function
Thank you very much

Yes .. off course.
Clean flash and I have followed carefully topic instructions
Try to re do a clean flash, maybe something went wrong
If the problem persist take some logs and send to @erikdrozina on telegram

Alex1911

Aug 13, 2013
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hi, i have a weird shutdown issue with your latest update. Also charging with an external Power-Source like a Power-bank seems buggy. The Shutdown appears on longer Intervall without charging, with charging on a Powerbank the intervalls a shorter and result in a reboot or even in a total shutdown with no automatic reboot. I guess before this happend i get a BSOD mostly.

Edit: I'm trying a clean flash with the latest firmware:

miui_TUCANA_21.8.11_9ab8f07761_11.0.zi​

Best Regards Alex1911

Last edited:
Reactions: erikdrozina

NameUsLegion

Dec 2, 2020
Hi, i have a weird shutdown issue with your latest update. Also charging with an external Power-Source like a Power-bank seems buggy. The Shutdown appears on longer Intervall without charging, with charging on a Powerbank the intervalls a shorter and result in a reboot or even in a total shutdown with no automatic reboot. I guess before this happend i get a BSOD mostly.

Edit: I'm trying a clean flash with the latest firmware:

miui_TUCANA_21.8.11_9ab8f07761_11.0.zi​

Best Regards Alex19

It's a bug on all roms with custom kernel, but us far as I know will be fixed soon

Alex1911

Aug 13, 2013
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hello, found a few bugs.
1. The phone freezes more often if AOD is always enabled.
2. Also in Pocketdetection mode where it shows the notification to uncover or force turn on the screen (Phone vibrates but does nothing, only force reboot helps)
(The phone did last longer if this feature where disabled, almost a day without freezes, coincidence?)

3. The last few freezes apperaed on just opening apps, could not force to happening it again, for example it was whatsapp and autosync for onedrive. Both apps ran stable before OcatviOS.

I also disabled charging animation, vibration and wake up display when charging. It looks like it unstablizes the system more with this options enabled.

I try to recreate 1this bugs with logs if needed.

Ps: If logs are needed, please clarify which ones to pull.

Best Regards Alex1911

erikdrozina

Jan 12, 2021
erikdrozina.com
Hello, found a few bugs.
1. The phone freezes more often if AOD is always enabled.
2. Also in Pocketdetection mode where it shows the notification to uncover or force turn on the screen (Phone vibrates but does nothing, only force reboot helps)
(The phone did last longer if this feature where disabled, almost a day without freezes, coincidence?)

3. The last few freezes apperaed on just opening apps, could not force to happening it again, for example it was whatsapp and autosync for onedrive. Both apps ran stable before OcatviOS.

I also disabled charging animation, vibration and wake up display when charging. It looks like it unstablizes the system more with this options enabled.

I try to recreate 1this bugs with logs if needed.

Ps: If logs are needed, please clarify which ones to pull.

Best Regards Alex1911
yes, logs are always welcome.
If you experience freezes send them using abd logcat or an app like matlog

Reactions: Alex1911

Alex1911

Aug 13, 2013
OnePlus 9 Pro
yes, logs are always welcome.
If you experience freezes send them using abd logcat or an app like matlog
Which log level ? Verbose, error, warn, info ?

Edit: Log Level Verbose, did read something about kernel suspend error

Edit2: will add the log later, can't do it via XDA App

Edit3: @erikdrozina i will send you a PM with a Google drive Link, can't upload files

Last edited:

thecleanse

May 4, 2017
A perfect ROM....except for one thing I have noticed immediately. Automatic light 0% on low light .. have to adjust ...a little bit annoying

Last edited:

thecleanse

May 4, 2017
ver 3.0
Clean flash
nikGapps core version

A huge problem with Octavi Dialer.
Incoming calls are not detected and the phone didn't advice about it.

Only when the incoming call is closed I can see phone icon.
Same issue with an outgoing call ... no screen dialer ... no info ... but the phone start the call
So It's impossibile to answer a call and it's very difficult to do a call

erikdrozina

Jan 12, 2021
erikdrozina.com
ver 3.0
Clean flash
nikGapps core version

A huge problem with Octavi Dialer.
Incoming calls are not detected and the phone didn't advice about it.

Only when the incoming call is closed I can see phone icon.
Same issue with an outgoing call ... no screen dialer ... no info ... but the phone start the call
So It's impossibile to answer a call and it's very difficult to do a call
Go to settings> apps and notifications> default apps and set the Phone as the default phone app

Its not a rom issue because Its caused when you flash the gapps package, even without the google dialer it will set the default phone app to none

thecleanse

May 4, 2017
Go to settings> apps and notifications> default apps and set the Phone as the default phone app

Its not a rom issue because Its caused when you flash the gapps package, even without the google dialer it will set the default phone app to none
Ahhhh ... sorry but It never happened to me before.
I follow your advice ... and it works!!!

Thank you very much

hyrog

Oct 18, 2015
First of all, thanks for that great ROM! It's really smooth and looks absolutely great!
Now i have a few questions:
- Will there be a OTA Updat feature or how am i supposed to update? just flash the new zip?
- The default camera App is Greatness Go right? How am i able to switch between camera lenses in this App, is this possible?
- I tried download the google camera but it crashes instantly, is somebody else having problems with it?

Kind regards
hyrog

erikdrozina

Jan 12, 2021
erikdrozina.com
First of all, thanks for that great ROM! It's really smooth and looks absolutely great!
- Will there be a OTA Updat feature or how am i supposed to update? just flash the new zip?
- The default camera App is Greatness Go right? How am i able to switch between camera lenses in this App, is this possible?
- I tried download the google camera but it crashes instantly, is somebody else having problems with it?

Kind regards
hyrog
Dirty flash is OK from version 2.9 and forward, if you are in version 2.8 and below clean flash is mandatory.
To update dirty reboot to recovery and wipe cache and dalvink, then flash all you need and reboot to system. Voila!

Yes the default camera is GCamGO, switching lenses should be possible if I remember correctly

Try a different GCam and config, if nothing works send logs to @erikdrozina on telegram

Reactions: hyrog

Top Liked Posts

How is the freezing issue, is it fixed?
    No freezing at all, the only thing is that phone can rarely shutdown in your pocket.
    I personally didn't had any issue in like 3/4 days of testing and using the rom as daily drive

A new kernel with this issue fixed will be used in the next release.
    No freezing at all, the only thing is that phone can rarely shutdown in your pocket.
    I personally didn't had any issue in like 3/4 days of testing and using the rom as daily drive

A new kernel with this issue fixed will be used in the next release.
    Cool, thanks, looking forward for the new kernel.
    Dirty flash is OK from version 2.9 and forward, if you are in version 2.8 and below clean flash is mandatory.
    To update dirty reboot to recovery and wipe cache and dalvink, then flash all you need and reboot to system. Voila!

Yes the default camera is GCamGO, switching lenses should be possible if I remember correctly

Try a different GCam and config, if nothing works send logs to @erikdrozina on telegram
    Thanks for the Clearance!
    Im Testing for 4 days now and had No freezes yet. I'll try gcam.. are there any config Templates shared anywhere?
    Thanks for the Clearance!
    Im Testing for 4 days now and had No freezes yet. I'll try gcam.. are there any config Templates shared anywhere?
    Try looking on the telegram group, there are some configs around and people creating them for tucana

2.9 is here!

New update is out: Download
    Installation Instruction: LINK

Changelog

Ahhhh ... sorry but It never happened to me before.
    I follow your advice ... and it works!!!

Thank you very much
    2.9.1 is here!

Changelog

Kind regards
    hyrog

Kind regards
    hyrog

About.png

OctaviOS is an AOSP based rom focusing on Unique and Smooth UI with handy features. OctaviOS is a reborn of pie based PearlOS.

Code:
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone by installing any custom ROMs and/or kernels.
    * You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers.

CLEAN FLASH :

- Download and flash this TWRP (It has the /cust to /product patch) LINK
    - Into the recovery wipe Dalvik/Art Cache, Cache, System, Data, Product and Vendor
    (Optional) After this format data and reboot to recovery
    - Download the rom and flash it
    - (Optional) Flash Nikgapps
    - (Suggested) Flash Magisk after the first reboot
    - Reboot to system

Note:
    - If you are facing bootloop after the last reboot format data before booting into system
    - If you are coming from Android 10 flash MIUI with Android 11 before starting

DOWNLOAD VANILLA
    DOWNLOAD GAPPS

credits.png

-Lineage OS
    -AOSP
    -Superior OS
    -Pixel Experience
    -Extended UI
    -Havoc OS
    -CrDroid ROM
    -Fluid OS
    -Others, I forgot to mention

Source.png

OctaviOS Source

Telegram Group

REPORTING BUGS!

As soon as the problem occurs, take a logcat!
    for more READ THIS

OctaviOS for Xiaomi Mi Note 10/Pro
    Device: Tucana
    Maintainer: erikdrozina
    Build Type: Official

Device Tree
    Kernel Source

ROM OS Version: 11.0
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.14.246
    ROM Firmware Required: Must be at least 21.9.1
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 2.9.1
    SELinux Status: Enforced
    Release Date: 2021-05-31
    2.6 is here!

Changelog
    Code:
    2021-05-31
        - Initial Release
        - May Security Patch

2021-06-25
        - Initial Official Release
        - June Security Patch
        - Source and Device Changelog: https://t.me/octavi_os/563
    2021-07-16
        - 2.7 update
        - July Security Patch
        - Source and Device Changelog: https://t.me/octavi_os/613
    2021-08-11
        - 2.8 update
        - August Security Patch
        - Source and device Changelog: https://t.me/octavi_os/676
    2021-09-25
        - 2.9 update
        - September Security Patch
        - Source and device Changelog: https://t.me/octavi_os/752
    2021-10-09
        - 2.9.1 update
        - October Security Patch
        - Source and device Changelog: https://t.me/octavi_os/773
    2.7 is here!

Changelog
    This ROM have potential, too bad scrolling bug ruin experience. Hope it gets better
    Scrolling is totally fixed on the next official release, it will come soon