[ROM][11][OFFICIAL] Pixel Extended ROM [2020/11/22]

raiyanbinmohsin

Dec 13, 2019
Dhaka
Thanks for your answer. I just installed this rom and to my surprise I found a simple camera app installed that is not from google, excellent move by the developer, so we can always change the camera without running out of app in the meantime, a plus compared to the official pixel experience. 😃
However it is a real shame not to have the same customizations as the Pixel Experience plus (such as setting a custom number of columns and rows in the notification centre, and lowering the entire notification centre by swiping down from the left or right side) but I hope to be implemented in the future. I'm confident🙂
I only noticed a bug in these first 24 hours..after setting the wallpaper for the lock screen, when I go to this screen I can't find the wallpaper, I only see the homescreen wallpaper. Is there a way to fix it or will it be fixed in an upcoming release? I tried to restart the phone, but nothing. Anyway congratulations to the developer again, the rom is doing great and for sure I will not remove this rom for a wallpaper bug😂
The customization is still WIP, it will be added one by one and hopefully, you guys will get the desired customization.

You are saying that you can't set a lockscreen wallpaper, right? If that you mean, then try setting it from other Gallery apps and see if it occurs or not.

raiyanbinmohsin

Dec 13, 2019
Dhaka
I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or there's a bug, but whenever I set a lockscreen wallpaper, I don't actually see it as the homescreen wallpaper shows up yet when I go into the wallpaper picker, it shows there the one I set :unsure:
You are saying that you can't set a lockscreen wallpaper, right? If that you mean, then try setting it from other Gallery apps and see if it occurs or not.

Reactions: Sithhy™

tipolosko

Sep 12, 2009
Hello guys, i've installed PixelExtended on my Redmi Note 7: AWESOME!
Phone is snappy, no problems in general but today i've tried GPS and is not working.
Waited 15 min outside, no lock obtained. Tried with Google Maps and GPS Status.
Probably not a problem with this specific rom; i'm coming from full updated stock MIUI.
Should i upgrade some firmware? Years ago i had same problem with an older phone; updating baseband firmware fixed the issue.
Any suggestions?

raiyanbinmohsin

Dec 13, 2019
Dhaka
Hello guys, i've installed PixelExtended on my Redmi Note 7: AWESOME!
Phone is snappy, no problems in general but today i've tried GPS and is not working.
Waited 15 min outside, no lock obtained. Tried with Google Maps and GPS Status.
Probably not a problem with this specific rom; i'm coming from full updated stock MIUI.
Should i upgrade some firmware? Years ago i had same problem with an older phone; updating baseband firmware fixed the issue.
Any suggestions?
Yes, I think it's firmware issue. Try flashing latest global firmware and clean flash the ROM again. Hopefully, it will be resolved.

tipolosko

Sep 12, 2009
@tipolosko would you please try to clean flash using this Firmware then flash Pixel Extended? ALL CREDITS goes to PIXEL EXPERIENCE, i found it on PE Telegram,and Dont forget to turn on Google Location Accuracy.. I Use WAZE app,and its work for me.
sorry i can't send the actual link,it was my quick stop there..
Thanks, i will do some tests and report here :)

nykstark98

Jun 8, 2020
Good luck, firmware flashing isn't mandatory so you can flash any firmware and you won't get any Error 7. There is no Google Camera, you can install Google Camera v8 and enjoy.
Ah ok, I didn't know it was optional. In the previous rom it was necessary to do it because otherwise my phone would have gone into bootloop .. in this rom it will not happen then? Anyway yes, I checked and successfully installed google camera 8.1, thanks for not making it a system app. I only found the wallpaper bug for the lock screen, which after I set it I don't see it anyway, there is only the homescreen one, otherwise everything is fine.

tipolosko

Sep 12, 2009
Tried flashing only firmware: GPS still not working.
Then I flashed pixel extended, and gps is now working ok!
I would love to use your rom, do you think is possible to fix my issue with your rom?

raiyanbinmohsin

Dec 13, 2019
Dhaka
@tipolosko would you please try to clean flash using this Firmware then flash Pixel Extended? ALL CREDITS goes to PIXEL EXPERIENCE, i found it on PE Telegram,and Dont forget to turn on Google Location Accuracy.. I Use WAZE app,and its work for me.
sorry i can't send the actual link,it was my quick stop there..
Yes, this is what I was saying. Try flashing it and then the ROM and see what happens.

raiyanbinmohsin

Dec 13, 2019
Dhaka
Ah ok, I didn't know it was optional. In the previous rom it was necessary to do it because otherwise my phone would have gone into bootloop .. in this rom it will not happen then? Anyway yes, I checked and successfully installed google camera 8.1, thanks for not making it a system app. I only found the wallpaper bug for the lock screen, which after I set it I don't see it anyway, there is only the homescreen one, otherwise everything is fine.
Try setting the lockscreen wallpaper from other Gallery apps and see if it persists or not.

raiyanbinmohsin

Dec 13, 2019
Dhaka
Unfortunately it doesn't work. I tried as you said but I can't see anyway the lockscreen wallpaper. Maybe it's a bug of this from, but it doesn't matter.. I will wait for a future update it will fix it👍
It's an Android 11 bug, I faced this in other ROMs, too. Then I was able to set it from GalleryGO or Google Photos.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone