[ROM][11][OFFICIAL] Pixel Extended ROM [2020/11/22] [DISCONTINUED]

Search This thread

raiyanbinmohsin

Dec 13, 2019
Dhaka
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
Thanks for your answer. I just installed this rom and to my surprise I found a simple camera app installed that is not from google, excellent move by the developer, so we can always change the camera without running out of app in the meantime, a plus compared to the official pixel experience. 😃
However it is a real shame not to have the same customizations as the Pixel Experience plus (such as setting a custom number of columns and rows in the notification centre, and lowering the entire notification centre by swiping down from the left or right side) but I hope to be implemented in the future. I'm confident🙂
I only noticed a bug in these first 24 hours..after setting the wallpaper for the lock screen, when I go to this screen I can't find the wallpaper, I only see the homescreen wallpaper. Is there a way to fix it or will it be fixed in an upcoming release? I tried to restart the phone, but nothing. Anyway congratulations to the developer again, the rom is doing great and for sure I will not remove this rom for a wallpaper bug😂
The customization is still WIP, it will be added one by one and hopefully, you guys will get the desired customization.

You are saying that you can't set a lockscreen wallpaper, right? If that you mean, then try setting it from other Gallery apps and see if it occurs or not.

raiyanbinmohsin

Dec 13, 2019
Dhaka
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or there's a bug, but whenever I set a lockscreen wallpaper, I don't actually see it as the homescreen wallpaper shows up yet when I go into the wallpaper picker, it shows there the one I set :unsure:
You are saying that you can't set a lockscreen wallpaper, right? If that you mean, then try setting it from other Gallery apps and see if it occurs or not.

Reactions: Sithhy™

tipolosko

Sep 12, 2009
Hello guys, i've installed PixelExtended on my Redmi Note 7: AWESOME!
Phone is snappy, no problems in general but today i've tried GPS and is not working.
Waited 15 min outside, no lock obtained. Tried with Google Maps and GPS Status.
Probably not a problem with this specific rom; i'm coming from full updated stock MIUI.
Should i upgrade some firmware? Years ago i had same problem with an older phone; updating baseband firmware fixed the issue.
Any suggestions?

raiyanbinmohsin

Dec 13, 2019
Dhaka
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
Hello guys, i've installed PixelExtended on my Redmi Note 7: AWESOME!
Phone is snappy, no problems in general but today i've tried GPS and is not working.
Waited 15 min outside, no lock obtained. Tried with Google Maps and GPS Status.
Probably not a problem with this specific rom; i'm coming from full updated stock MIUI.
Should i upgrade some firmware? Years ago i had same problem with an older phone; updating baseband firmware fixed the issue.
Any suggestions?
Yes, I think it's firmware issue. Try flashing latest global firmware and clean flash the ROM again. Hopefully, it will be resolved.

nykstark98

Jun 8, 2020
Good luck, firmware flashing isn't mandatory so you can flash any firmware and you won't get any Error 7. There is no Google Camera, you can install Google Camera v8 and enjoy.
Ah ok, I didn't know it was optional. In the previous rom it was necessary to do it because otherwise my phone would have gone into bootloop .. in this rom it will not happen then? Anyway yes, I checked and successfully installed google camera 8.1, thanks for not making it a system app. I only found the wallpaper bug for the lock screen, which after I set it I don't see it anyway, there is only the homescreen one, otherwise everything is fine.

tipolosko

Sep 12, 2009
Tried flashing only firmware: GPS still not working.
Then I flashed pixel extended, and gps is now working ok!
I would love to use your rom, do you think is possible to fix my issue with your rom?

raiyanbinmohsin

Dec 13, 2019
Dhaka
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
@tipolosko would you please try to clean flash using this Firmware then flash Pixel Extended? ALL CREDITS goes to PIXEL EXPERIENCE, i found it on PE Telegram,and Dont forget to turn on Google Location Accuracy.. I Use WAZE app,and its work for me.
sorry i can't send the actual link,it was my quick stop there..
Yes, this is what I was saying. Try flashing it and then the ROM and see what happens.

raiyanbinmohsin

Dec 13, 2019
Dhaka
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
Ah ok, I didn't know it was optional. In the previous rom it was necessary to do it because otherwise my phone would have gone into bootloop .. in this rom it will not happen then? Anyway yes, I checked and successfully installed google camera 8.1, thanks for not making it a system app. I only found the wallpaper bug for the lock screen, which after I set it I don't see it anyway, there is only the homescreen one, otherwise everything is fine.
Try setting the lockscreen wallpaper from other Gallery apps and see if it persists or not.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

likQDEZ.png

PixelExtended ROM for Redmi Note 7/7S [lavender]

What is this?
    PixelExtended ROM (or PEX for short), We are Combining Pixel Goodies with some essential features you were missing in Pixel Experience, delivering a ROM that promise you stability and being feature-rich at the same time. TBH this ROM will keep its Pixel' idea intact and won't be bloat with unwanted features.

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11 (R)

Whats working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FMRadio
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    Lights
    Sound / vibration

Known issues
    Nothing yet
    You tell me

Features That are Available At the Moment
    This Is a very Initial Build Of Android 11 (Stock), some features will be adapted in near future.

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED

Download from Sourceforge Host

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Stay tuned
    Device Support Group

Every time I flash Magisk21, either via zip in recovery, or in app, I can only boot to fastboot, or manually to recovery via hardware. If I flash MagiskCU in recovery system boots, but I have no root. Magisk manager says version 20.4 installed. I really need root for some stuff I use. Can anyone help?
    I am writing the way I rooted my phone. First of all, I flashed MagiskCU and wiped caches, then rebooted to system. After that doing anything else in the Magisk manager, I rebooted to recovery again and flashed Magisk v21.1 then wipe caches, then reboot to system.
    Hi Dev, thanks for the new build! has more customizable options and fixes the weird bug with the lockscreen, but now has a bug with the gps. when i open the gps, works fine and precise, but if i start to walk or drive, the gps comes crazy and apps like waze even doesn't recognize the gps signal
    It means a lot to me. Okay, so this seems a bug after all. I'll try to look at this in the next update and fix it, hopefully. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
    Excellent rom !
    I'm so delighted to see my old Note 7 run like a brand new upgraded phone !

So here is the promised step-by-step guide for a 1st time install :

• Unlock your bootloader (if not already unlocked) by downloading Xiaomi Unlocker (you might have to wait a few days... google the subject)
    • Install adb, fastboot from here, and the relevant USB drivers onto your PC
    • Download the correct OrangeFox zip file to your phone, and to your PC (I downloaded "OrangeFox-R11.0-Stable-lavender.zip" from here)
    • Download Dm-Verity-ForceEncrypt.Zip and transfer it to your telephone internal memory, via the USB mount point on your PC
    • Download Magisk and transfer it as well
    • Extract recovery.img from the OrangeFox zip file, and copy recovery.img to your PC’s adb directory
    • Reboot your phone into fastboot/bootloader mode (by pressing the power + volume up keys)
    • Open up a command line window / terminal emulator on your PC
    • Change to the adb directory on your PC
    • Make sure the "fastboot" device is listed by using the fastboot devices command
    • Flash OrangeFox Recovery by using the fastboot flash recovery recovery.img command (it should say "OK" to everything)
    • Reboot into OrangeFox by pressing the power + volume up keys, until you see the OrangeFox splash screen
    • After OrangeFox has booted up, check that everything is working – eg, that it has mounted the data partition successfully, and that the touchscreen works.
    • Find and select the OrangeFox zip on your phone, tap on it, and swipe to install it (because OrangeFox Recovery needs some files from the zip)
    • After installation, the phone will automatically reboot into OrangeFox
    • Install Dm-Verity-ForceEncrypt.Zip via the file brower
    • Install Magisk as well
    • Reboot into OrangeFox
    • In OrangeFox, Go to the Menu button -> Manage Partitions -> Data -> Format Data
    • Reboot into OrangeFox
    • In OrangeFox, Wipe : Cache, Dalvik Cache, System, Data, Vendor
    • Download miui_LAVENDERGlobal_V11.0.1.0.QFGMIXM_62e6d87225_10.0.zip and transfer it to your telephone internal memory, via the USB mount point on your PC
    • Download Latest Pixel Extended ROM and transfer it to your telephone as well
    • Reboot into OrangeFox
    • Flash Firmware miui_LAVENDERGlobal_V11.0.1.0.QFGMIXM_62e6d87225_10.0.zip
    • Flash latest Pixel Extended ROM
    • In OrangeFox, Go to the Menu button -> Manage Partitions -> Data -> Format Data
    • Reboot to System, and you're good to go !
    I hope I didn't forget anything, please let me know :)
    Noo, but..why? It was a great ROM, and a great alternative to Pixel Experience.. I'm very sad to hear it😭..you have been a great developer, always available to us and very kind, as well as very careful to improve this operating system as much as possible .. listen, will you continue to develop RevengeOS? how does it work graphically? is it similar to Pixel Extended? thanks for everything, really
    You know, things don't go in your ways always. Yes, I'll continue RevenegeOS, it is not similar to Pixel Experience in terms of graphics. It really means a lot for the support, thank you so very much. :') hopefully, someone better will take it.