[ROM][11][OFFICIAL] Pixel Extended ROM [2021/1/10]

Search This thread

boxtbox00

Feb 22, 2021
I have noticed that the wifi does not prioritize the 5gz band, in an access point that allows both bands in the same ssid, whenever the rom is set to 2.4 it does not automatically return to 5, even in very short distances from the ap.

I don't speak english and I don't know if the message was understood, I hope I got the message through correctly, great work with the rom, I really like it

Jahmesz

May 25, 2020
Gyöngyös
I have noticed that the wifi does not prioritize the 5gz band, in an access point that allows both bands in the same ssid, whenever the rom is set to 2.4 it does not automatically return to 5, even in very short distances from the ap.

I don't speak english and I don't know if the message was understood, I hope I got the message through correctly, great work with the rom, I really like it
It works perfectly for me, never switched itself to 2.4 instead of 5GHz. The only problem for me is that I can't use the default file manager, so I can't upload anything to Google drive or even Google classroom. The Google play system update stuck on October. Also gcam compatibility is a mess.

shago11

Jun 4, 2014
Do not disturb icon from status bar, there is a long space between icons.
Files app for attaching files doesn't work or exist, system don't recognize Mix

rabisa47

Apr 11, 2017
Madrid
I've found two bugs in this ROM:
1.- Magisk produces bootloop and can't be installed.
2.- Google Camera from Play Store force close after first run while asking permissions. Manually giving permissions doesn't change, still force close. GCam not able to be installed.

Which alternative cam do you recommend until fixed?

Help?
Hi, I've been using this Google Camera Port: cstark27 apks (celsoazevedo.com) ( PXv8.1_GCam-v1.2.apk ) but keeps having lots of problems. Is the most stable GCam i have find. But the HDR in front camera mode just blurs the photo. :'(

EDITED
I found one who is more stable than this from above
Nikita: NGCam_8.1.101-v1.0 (celsoazevedo.com)
Works everything except the slowmo 1/8x

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Reactions: bartinsan

Adarsh...

Feb 27, 2021
Location service is not working at all. ..PixelExtended_jasmine_sprout-11.0-20210218-0720-OFFICIAL.zip
I liked the inbuilt system update. 😋
The dice gcam works after cloning the app or shall I say after changing pakage name
Noticed some extra battery drain issue..since the old and new update but it's still gives good backup after installing halcyon kernel v3
When I booted to rom for first time...It crashed while setting up the phone once but everything worked out at last
Bluetooth was turning on and off again and again in first time boot but is it worked fine after reboot
NEED A DATA SPEED METER AND GAMING MODE 😋

grayk79

Jun 23, 2015
I'm kinda in a pickle here, I can't get documentsui/Files app to work. Every time an app tries to do any file management at all, documentsui immediately crashes. Full crash log is here. Most notable from there is the line
java.lang.SecurityException: Permission Denial: opening provider com.android.externalstorage.ExternalStorageProvider from ProcessRecord{8d6e72 19596:com.google.android.documentsui/u0a166} (pid=19596, uid=10166) requires that you obtain access using ACTION_OPEN_DOCUMENT or related APIs.
But that doesn't make any sense to me, how can a native Android 11 system app use outdated APIs to the point of it crashing? Any thoughts?

Reactions: Aliando10

thiagaodebs

Dec 17, 2020
I tested some custom roms, android 10 and android 11. Can you tell me why my mi a2 always has a weak signal from the operator's network and sometimes I even lose the signal? I always have to go back to stock the signal is always stable with it. Do you have any manual configuration that I have to do on the mobile network? If anyone can answer, I can't find anything about it.

Adarsh...

Feb 27, 2021
I'm kinda in a pickle here, I can't get documentsui/Files app to work. Every time an app tries to do any file management at all, documentsui immediately crashes. Full crash log is here. Most notable from there is the line
java.lang.SecurityException: Permission Denial: opening provider com.android.externalstorage.ExternalStorageProvider from ProcessRecord{8d6e72 19596:com.google.android.documentsui/u0a166} (pid=19596, uid=10166) requires that you obtain access using ACTION_OPEN_DOCUMENT or related APIs.
But that doesn't make any sense to me, how can a native Android 11 system app use outdated APIs to the point of it crashing? Any thoughts?

What if you replace the files system app with Android 12 dp1 .... May work

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This rom is great. I just have one problem the ir blaster is not working.
    Fixed it will ship in the next update
    How are you, Raj. Beginning of the conversation, I would like to thank you for your great effort. My question is, is there a way to install this update without removing the old one for fear of losing my data? Thanks
    I recomend clean flash ...you can follow the official telegram news channel of the rom for the instructions each time
    I've found two bugs in this ROM:
    1.- Magisk produces bootloop and can't be installed.
    2.- Google Camera from Play Store force close after first run while asking permissions. Manually giving permissions doesn't change, still force close. GCam not able to be installed.

Which alternative cam do you recommend until fixed?

Help?
    !, u need to use nebrassy 3.5 latest twrp
    2.u need to use custom modded one the one from ps wont work for us its only for pixuls
    IR Remote not working :-/
    fixed in latest
    It's awesome but I need navigation working fix the satellite s pls.
    Yes i found that and fixed too will ship it in the next update

likQDEZ.png

PixelExtended ROM for Mi A2 [jasmine_sprout]

What is this?
    PixelExtended ROM (or PEX for short), aims to combine Pixel goodies with some essential features missing in Pixel Experience, delivering a ROM that promises you stabilty and a large amount of features at the same time. The ROM will keep it's Pixel ideologies it's primary focus and wont stray into the dark and deep void that is bloat.

Our mission is to offer maximum possible stability and security along with essential and useful features for proper functioning of a device.

Based on Android 11 (R)

Whats working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FMRadio
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/Vibration

Known issues
    Nothing yet
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED

Download from Sourceforge Host

Donate
    Liked my work? Gift me a beer

Stay tuned
    Device Support Group

In versión 18022021 voice match works perfectly. The Gcam GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v2.5.apk works in this version of pixel extended in Mi A2.
    Thanks and good job!!!!
    Hello, in the last build Voice Match cannot be activated. Ok google is not working.
    switch this off alone.
    Do you have a solution please
    If that is off then there will be mic problems like before on the A10 so I disabeled it
    WE may see a fix comming soon ?
    Yes if there is an alternative solution i will fix it for sure
    Hi all, FYI, I have been using Pixtica camera - which works - as a stop-gap measure while I wait for gcam to be available. There are no adverts.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone