• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11][OFFICIAL] Pixel Extended ROM [2021/19/08]

Search This thread
Hello developer as you tell me to clean flash this rom I did it. After that I face too many bugs some bug are same from previous version. Some are new.
1) the device restart it self after some time begin inactive. Like if it is in charging it reboot.

2) the fingerprint sensor stop working after clean flash. On setup screen I was able to enroll my finger and it work for some time. After that I recieved the system notification that the fingerprint hardware is not available. But i can still pull down the notification tray with fingerprint swipe down gesture.

3) The Google assistant invoke by voice is still not working. It show same message that the language is not compatible. I try all English language still not working.

4) The earpiece and other device specific settings are not working expect fps meter and clean speaker.

5) volume for earpiece is low, same for earphone volume.

6) sometimes earphone disconnected and didn't detected after re plugging the earphone.

7) the screen brightness is low compared to the stock and even July build.

8) no native camera comes pre install with the rom.

9) screen touch is not responding according to the touch sometimes.

I hop you fix this issues because some are very big compare to the July build.
Please fix this issue.
1) Change to westcoast kernel from support group for now..
2)Flash latest stock firmware
3)It works as far as i know...some issues with you i guess
4)All works but not much diff for earpiece alone...(dont tell others dont work without knowing what it does pls...)
5)earpiece yes ...no earphone...check ur earphone
6)Check ur port
7):( No unless u messed something
8)Yeah cause i give peple to use any cam ...some say i dont want this prebuilt or like how to remove camera ...so i removed all and gave it to users choice
9)As said in 7 its only u...u messed ur display i guess no one ever reported those issues

PS: Dont add generic stuff as issues here like ur display and stuff it clearly says its cause of u....not me also pls do include logcat for errors please dont just methon u have bug bug bug ..

devils39

Oct 31, 2016
1) Change to westcoast kernel from support group for now..
2)Flash latest stock firmware
3)It works as far as i know...some issues with you i guess
4)All works but not much diff for earpiece alone...(dont tell others dont work without knowing what it does pls...)
5)earpiece yes ...no earphone...check ur earphone
6)Check ur port
7):( No unless u messed something
8)Yeah cause i give peple to use any cam ...some say i dont want this prebuilt or like how to remove camera ...so i removed all and gave it to users choice
9)As said in 7 its only u...u messed ur display i guess no one ever reported those issues

PS: Dont add generic stuff as issues here like ur display and stuff it clearly says its cause of u....not me also pls do include logcat for errors please dont just methon u have bug bug bug ..
I have issues with display in this build only the July build was perfect compared to this.
I clean flash the latest build. Still I got all the bug I mentioned.

The auto reboot is not only faced by me. The earpiece is still low, my headphones are from boat which work with other device perfectly and also work perfectly in July build.

Google assistant is still not invoking by ok Google it show same error.

Main issue is fingerprint is not working for biometric but work with pull down notification gesture.

I am again saying that I wipe both partition and clean flash August build. No custom kernel.

sp4chamara

Oct 21, 2012
Maharagama
Hi,

i have been using this roms since last week. In last few days had to face an automatic rebooting problem when the device is in idle mode. I don't know why but it happens 2-3 times per some days.

I have issues with display in this build only the July build was perfect compared to this.
I clean flash the latest build. Still I got all the bug I mentioned.

The auto reboot is not only faced by me. The earpiece is still low, my headphones are from boat which work with other device perfectly and also work perfectly in July build.

Google assistant is still not invoking by ok Google it show same error.

Main issue is fingerprint is not working for biometric but work with pull down notification gesture.

I am again saying that I wipe both partition and clean flash August build. No custom kernel.
Did u restore any backup?

Steve Kraemer

Jul 31, 2014
Orlando, Florida
Xiaomi Poco F1
Hello Fellas!!
I just installed this onto my Mi A2 (backup phone) and currently typing this with my Poco F1.
There is no advanced boot menu, when hitting the start button? Also... Update has been downloaded, but won't automatically proceed when clicking on "Install".
Should I move the zip to the root of the main storage and attempt the update installation via TWRP?
Thank you for this nice ROM!!

Hello Fellas!!
I just installed this onto my Mi A2 (backup phone) and currently typing this with my Poco F1.
There is no advanced boot menu, when hitting the start button? Also... Update has been downloaded, but won't automatically proceed when clicking on "Install".
Should I move the zip to the root of the main storage and attempt the update installation via TWRP?
Thank you for this nice ROM!!
advanced reboot can be enabled in pixel den and ota updater app has error manually download and flash via twrp will do

Reactions: Steve Kraemer

mmq14

Nov 1, 2018
Good evening,
I installed via fastboot the ROM PixelExtended_jasmine_sprout-11.0-20210726-0921-OFFICIAL , but from that day my PCs do not recognize usb.
Also, for example I can not use MiA2 as an Android Auto device. Seems that USB port from this moment is only for charging.
Therefore, no fastboot to flash ROM again.
Does somebody have the same issue? Could you suggest something to check?
OEM unlocked, and I think unrooted.

Now I try to install update available ROM PixelExtended_jasmine_sprout-11.0-20210827-0641-OFFICIAL via System Update, but it crashes and with the following crash log, if someone can help:

time: 1631646558029
msg: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke interface method 'boolean android.os.IUpdateEngine.bind(android.os.IUpdateEngineCallback)' on a null object reference
stacktrace: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start service [email protected] with Intent { act=action_install_update cmp=org.evolution.ota/.controller.UpdaterService (has extras) }: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke interface method 'boolean android.os.IUpdateEngine.bind(android.os.IUpdateEngineCallback)' on a null object reference
at android.app.ActivityThread.handleServiceArgs(ActivityThread.java:4339)
at android.app.ActivityThread.access$1800(ActivityThread.java:238)
at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1952)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:106)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:223)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:7669)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(RuntimeInit.java:592)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:947)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke interface method 'boolean android.os.IUpdateEngine.bind(android.os.IUpdateEngineCallback)' on a null object reference
at android.os.UpdateEngine.bind(UpdateEngine.java:291)
at android.os.UpdateEngine.bind(UpdateEngine.java:302)
at org.evolution.ota.controller.ABUpdateInstaller.install(ABUpdateInstaller.java:204)
at org.evolution.ota.controller.UpdaterService.onStartCommand(UpdaterService.java:186)
at android.app.ActivityThread.handleServiceArgs(ActivityThread.java:4321)
... 8 more

Thank you in advance.

Good evening,
I installed via fastboot the ROM PixelExtended_jasmine_sprout-11.0-20210726-0921-OFFICIAL , but from that day my PCs do not recognize usb.
Also, for example I can not use MiA2 as an Android Auto device. Seems that USB port from this moment is only for charging.
Therefore, no fastboot to flash ROM again.
Does somebody have the same issue? Could you suggest something to check?
OEM unlocked, and I think unrooted.

Now I try to install update available ROM PixelExtended_jasmine_sprout-11.0-20210827-0641-OFFICIAL via System Update, but it crashes and with the following crash log, if someone can help:

time: 1631646558029
msg: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke interface method 'boolean android.os.IUpdateEngine.bind(android.os.IUpdateEngineCallback)' on a null object reference
stacktrace: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start service [email protected] with Intent { act=action_install_update cmp=org.evolution.ota/.controller.UpdaterService (has extras) }: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke interface method 'boolean android.os.IUpdateEngine.bind(android.os.IUpdateEngineCallback)' on a null object reference
at android.app.ActivityThread.handleServiceArgs(ActivityThread.java:4339)
at android.app.ActivityThread.access$1800(ActivityThread.java:238)
at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1952)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:106)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:223)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:7669)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(RuntimeInit.java:592)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:947)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke interface method 'boolean android.os.IUpdateEngine.bind(android.os.IUpdateEngineCallback)' on a null object reference
at android.os.UpdateEngine.bind(UpdateEngine.java:291)
at android.os.UpdateEngine.bind(UpdateEngine.java:302)
at org.evolution.ota.controller.ABUpdateInstaller.install(ABUpdateInstaller.java:204)
at org.evolution.ota.controller.UpdaterService.onStartCommand(UpdaterService.java:186)
at android.app.ActivityThread.handleServiceArgs(ActivityThread.java:4321)
... 8 more

Thank you in advance.
Dirty flash manually ...OTA updater app is broken

d_g_m_2000

Jul 6, 2015
do you have intel or ryzen.. i have ryzen and had the same issue...
fastboot devices command works.. but nothing else, on intel pc works as usual...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

likQDEZ.png

PixelExtended ROM for Mi A2 [jasmine_sprout]

What is this?

PixelExtended ROM (or PEX for short), aims to combine Pixel goodies with some essential features missing in Pixel Experience, delivering a ROM that promises you stabilty and a large amount of features at the same time. The ROM will keep it's Pixel ideologies it's primary focus and wont stray into the dark and deep void that is bloat.

Our mission is to offer maximum possible stability and security along with essential and useful features for proper functioning of a device.

Based on Android 11 (R)

Whats working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    Lights
    Sound/Vibration

Known issues
    Nothing yet
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED

Download from Sourceforge Host

Donate
    Liked my work? Gift me a beer

Stay tuned
    Device Support Group

In versión 18022021 voice match works perfectly. The Gcam GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v2.5.apk works in this version of pixel extended in Mi A2.
    Thanks and good job!!!!
    Hello, in the last build Voice Match cannot be activated. Ok google is not working.
    switch this off alone.
    Do you have a solution please
    If that is off then there will be mic problems like before on the A10 so I disabeled it
    WE may see a fix comming soon ?
    Yes if there is an alternative solution i will fix it for sure
    Hi all, FYI, I have been using Pixtica camera - which works - as a stop-gap measure while I wait for gcam to be available. There are no adverts.