• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11][OFFICIAL] Pixel Extended ROM [VERTEX][EOL] [30/11/2021]

Search This thread
likQDEZ.png

PixelExtended ROM for Mi A2 [jasmine_sprout]

What is this?

PixelExtended ROM (or PEX for short), aims to combine Pixel goodies with some essential features missing in Pixel Experience, delivering a ROM that promises you stabilty and a large amount of features at the same time. The ROM will keep it's Pixel ideologies it's primary focus and wont stray into the dark and deep void that is bloat.

Our mission is to offer maximum possible stability and security along with essential and useful features for proper functioning of a device.

Based on Android 11 (R)

Whats working?
Wifi
RIL
Mobile data
GPS
Camera
Flashlight
Camcorder
Bluetooth
Fingerprint reader
Face unlock
Lights
Sound/Vibration

Notes
* CLEAN FLASH MUST
* Switched to kernel 4.4 (Nekokernel)
* Final Update for PEX Anroid 11 (Only Android 12 updates here after)
* OLD CAM
* DONT CHANGE KERNEL (IF U WANT TO CHANGE GO WITH OLD CAM KERNEL)
* ENCRYPTED
* TWRP NOT INCLUDED
* EOL UPDATE
* ONLY ANDROID 12 HEREAFTER

FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS

SCREENSHOTS

Known issues
Nothing yet
You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
Download from Sourceforge Host

Donate
Liked my work? Gift me a beer
UPI :- [email protected]

Stay tuned
Device Support Group

Last edited:
Reactions: devilish_abhi
What does the "OLD CAM" in the notes mean, is the Mi A2 stock camera or an older Gcam version?
A Kernel uses two different blobs in order to make the Camera work perfectly. This word (BLOBS) you know it? Ok, so blobs in simple terms, are a collection of data consisting of binary codes. For instance - 00110 010110 010010 and so on. The collection of such binary numbers in a single entity is known as BLOBS.

When Devs'. compile a Kernel, it depends upon them to choose what blobs type to select - The Old blobs or the New blobs? Theirs not much big difference between both of them. Both works in the same manner. The major difference between an Oldcam and Newcam Kernel is that Oldcam Kernels are compiled (build) using Oldcam blobs (that binary codes collection needed to run camera) Similarly, Newcam Kernels consists of Newcam blobs during compilation.

You just have to Flash the correct cam version in the ROM u are using. ROMs which are based on Oldcam blobs should be used with an Oldcam Kernel. And, ROMs which have Oldcam blobs should use Oldcam Kernel, for ex- MIUI ROMs mainly use Newcam blobs. So, u should flash Newcam Kernel only in them.

Credits: here https://predator-stormbreaker.github.io/faqs.html

LeonHeart46

Dec 5, 2020
an excellent job my phone is better than ever, but I have a problem when applying the last ota from dd update system gives a closure of the application What steps do I have to follow to install it manually? Thank you so much

Last edited by a moderator:

ravi.pawar

Dec 2, 2012
do we have call recording feature (with no background message) here in this rom just like MIUI offers with their dialers.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What does the "OLD CAM" in the notes mean, is the Mi A2 stock camera or an older Gcam version?
    A Kernel uses two different blobs in order to make the Camera work perfectly. This word (BLOBS) you know it? Ok, so blobs in simple terms, are a collection of data consisting of binary codes. For instance - 00110 010110 010010 and so on. The collection of such binary numbers in a single entity is known as BLOBS.

When Devs'. compile a Kernel, it depends upon them to choose what blobs type to select - The Old blobs or the New blobs? Theirs not much big difference between both of them. Both works in the same manner. The major difference between an Oldcam and Newcam Kernel is that Oldcam Kernels are compiled (build) using Oldcam blobs (that binary codes collection needed to run camera) Similarly, Newcam Kernels consists of Newcam blobs during compilation.

You just have to Flash the correct cam version in the ROM u are using. ROMs which are based on Oldcam blobs should be used with an Oldcam Kernel. And, ROMs which have Oldcam blobs should use Oldcam Kernel, for ex- MIUI ROMs mainly use Newcam blobs. So, u should flash Newcam Kernel only in them.

Credits: here https://predator-stormbreaker.github.io/faqs.html
    likQDEZ.png

PixelExtended ROM for Mi A2 [jasmine_sprout]

What is this?

PixelExtended ROM (or PEX for short), aims to combine Pixel goodies with some essential features missing in Pixel Experience, delivering a ROM that promises you stabilty and a large amount of features at the same time. The ROM will keep it's Pixel ideologies it's primary focus and wont stray into the dark and deep void that is bloat.

Our mission is to offer maximum possible stability and security along with essential and useful features for proper functioning of a device.

Based on Android 11 (R)

Whats working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    Lights
    Sound/Vibration

Notes
    * CLEAN FLASH MUST
    * Switched to kernel 4.4 (Nekokernel)
    * Final Update for PEX Anroid 11 (Only Android 12 updates here after)
    * OLD CAM
    * DONT CHANGE KERNEL (IF U WANT TO CHANGE GO WITH OLD CAM KERNEL)
    * ENCRYPTED
    * TWRP NOT INCLUDED
    * EOL UPDATE
    * ONLY ANDROID 12 HEREAFTER

FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS

SCREENSHOTS

Known issues
    Nothing yet
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from Sourceforge Host

Donate