[ROM][11] [OFFICIAL] PixelPlusUI for Redmi Note 9 (merlin, merlinnfc)

Search This thread

Evan_Ferrao

Aug 12, 2020
Redmi Note 9

foReqPr.png

Code:
* Your warranty is now void.
* We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone by installing any custom ROMs and/or kernels.
* You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers.

"This is a user-friendly thread, all your suggestions are important to us and will be taken into consideration."

GmPdZBS.png

PixelPlusUI is a Pixel Experience based ROM with some more friendly user experience. What differentiates us from the rest, you ask? Well that's why you're here. LET'S FIND OUT. It has additional localised and personalized functionality while preserving the stock Android look by adhering to Material Design guidelines. Unlike OEMs' slow and untimely updates, we closely follow Google to bring the latest updates to our users, and even prolonging support to devices that have been declared obsolete by OEMs. Our ROMs' source code is open source, secure, stable and outstanding. Your experience using PixelPlusUI will be butter smooth with added convenience and features. So do not hesitate anymore, join us now and start enjoying the beauty of stock Android or even be one of our developers. Let's bring this project to greater heights! PixelPlusUI is a minimal and close to stock Android ROM which offers great performance and stability with many awesome features. The main aim of this rom is to give user a better experience without compromising quality of Android experience so that no one struggles in any kind of difficulties while using their device. PixelPlusUI brings a better UI/UX to Android with a seamless experience coupled with customisations and user security. But this doesn't mean our aim is to provide all the customisation available on the planet. We are focused on a cleaner, more Material design approach with Pixel Goodies. So sit back and enjoy PixelPlusUI on your device!

IVvuDEK.png

- Kostya Maslennikov - Founder & Lead Developer
- Saurav - Developer & Support Team

- And Also Our Hardworking Maintainers

xTx1CqW.png

NOTE: As of now PixelPlusUI A11 [ R ] is still in beta so features mentioned below may or may not be present when you are flashing the build.
But when it will get stable u will get every features mentioned below. KEEP PATIENCE !!

Code:
Statusbar :
Introduce dynamic VoLTE & VoWiFi icons 
OOS Styled Network Traffic Activity Indicator
Hiding Statusbar on lockscreen

Quick settings :
Useful new tiles like sync, Data Switch, AOD , etc
Require unlocking QS tiles
WIFI/NFC, Mobile Data, Bluetooth Panel instead of full Settings

Themes :
PixelPlusUI Paper App
Pixel Theme Picker
More color accents, clocks and fonts
Introduce 404 IDE Clock, Sammy highlight clock, Divided Lines Clock, MNML Clock, Fluid lockscreen clock, SFUNY clock, etc in Display/Style and Wallpapers

Hardware Buttons : 
Advance Restart
Expanded volume panel
Power Menu Customizations
Disabled Annoying Emergency button in power menu

Navigation :
Navigation bar layout invertion
Introduce HW Keys backlight & brightness control

Notifications :
Allow to suppress notifications sound/vibration if screen is ON
Gaming mode
Add unlinked ringtone and notification volumes
Incall vibration options
Heads-up & Less boring heads-up

Gestures :
3-finger screenshot gesture
Added Long Screenshot
Double tap to sleep on statusbar and lockscreen
Statusbar brightness control 

Security :
FaceUnlock on OFFCIAL
Protect sensitive info on About device

Settings :
Introduce Android 12 Style Search bar
New beautiful BatteryMeterView 
Brand New PixelPlusUI info in about device 

Extra :
Support for internal audio recording
Pixel Charger Animation
Implement cutout force full screen
Configurable 0, 90, 180 and 270 degree rotation

Miscellaneous :
Pixel 5 Goodies
OTA Updates
Russian, Ukrainian, French, Polish, Turkish, Azerbaijani, Brazilian, and etc translations

And Much More As Source keeps updating So Hard to keep all updated.

OUrMFhs.png

SourceForge! [ TAP HERE ]

NOTE: It is STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing and please avoid restoring system apps and system data with Titanium Backup (or with any backup/restore app) as this can cause stability issues that are very hard to debug, restoring regular apps is fine.
If you believe you know what you're doing - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience any strange behavior.

pmZkslu.png

CLEAN FLASH :
- Download the latest build
- Reboot to recovery
- Flash the latest build
- Wipe Dalvik/Art, Cache, Data, Internal
- Reboot
- First(or even 2nd) boot may be bootloop, to fix that, follow this guide: https://telegra.ph/Flash-Steps-03-08

What works?

Wifi
RIL
Mobile data
GPS
Camera
Flashlight
Camcorder
Bluetooth
Fingerprint reader
Lights
Sound / vibration
Almost everything

What doesn't work?

Nothing yet
You tell me! :p

BUG REPORT !!

As soon as the problem occurs, take a logcat and please inform us via Telegram or XDA.
for more READ THIS

a6njYr9.png

- Android Open-Source Project
- Pixel Experience
- LineageOS
- Fluid OS
- Havoc-OS
- ProtonAOSP
- Potato Open Source Project
- Evolution-X

- Others, I forgot to mention

PixelPlusUI XDA Logo and Banners
- Virendra

mzlfqhe.png

- Android OS version: 11.0
- Security patch: March 2021
- Build author/Device Maintainer : Box_Boi
- DEVICE: REDMI NOTE 9
- DEVICE CODENAME: MERLIN

Sources and Documentation

- ROM Source Code
- Kernel Source
- OFFICIAL DEVICES

aNanj7v.png

TELEGRAM CHANNEL
TELEGRAM GROUP

------------------ DONATION LINKS ------------------

AS WE KNOW THAT THE BUILD IS FREE OF COST FOR YOU GUYS BUT BUILDING ROMs NEED SERVER SO WE HAVE TO PAY FOR IT EVERY MONTH AND ITS A BIG AMOUNT SO AS A STUDENT ITS DIFFICULT TO MANAGE IT. IT WOULD BE HELPFULL AND REALLY APPRECIATED IF YOU SUPPORT US

PAYTM UPI ID : dwarmachine24@paytm
GPAY UPI ID: dwarmachine24@oksbi

PAYPAL: https://www.paypal.me/uglykid24

Last edited:

Noel97

May 13, 2018
France
Hey, I installed this ROM and there's EVERYTHING included, this ROM is freaking complete thank you !

But, there are two issues that are bothering me, when I slide down the QS Panel, the borders are like, cropped ? And the clock is kinda ugly where it is. Look at the ss.

[It would be better if you could just put the Quick Settings Panel of the previous release on this update]

Can you PLEASE fix this, thank you very much.

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_1617220891119.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1617220891119.jpg
    660.8 KB · Views: 2,910

covecove1

Feb 22, 2013
Redmi Note 10
Hey, I installed this ROM and there's EVERYTHING included, this ROM is freaking complete thank you !

But, there are two issues that are bothering me, when I slide down the QS Panel, the borders are like, cropped ? And the clock is kinda ugly where it is. Look at the ss.

[It would be better if you could just put the Quick Settings Panel of the previous release on this update]

Can you PLEASE fix this, thank you very much.
Please try encryption in Settings > Security to see if it works.. thanks!!

kek_500

Apr 2, 2021
First of all, thank you very much for all the effort preparing the rom. It looks really nice after testing it for a pair of days and I have not found major problems.

The most annoying bug I have experienced is that the clock gets delayed. During 24 hours I can observe how the clock skew can increase to several minutes (5 to 10 minutes) and I am forced to sync the clock (rebooting the system seems to perform such operation).

Any idea of what can be causing this issue? I would provide any log you need but I don't know exactly how to debug it properly.

EDIT: I tried different approaches. The "solution" was to disable the automatic syncing from the network. If I set the time manually, there is no discrepancy between the current time and the one shown by the phone. The strange thing is that before flashing with this rom there was no issue with the date and time provided by my operator. I have read that the NetworkTimeUpdateService may be involved in the process. Anyway, if I could receive some guidance I wouldn't have any problem in debugging it or providing further information.

Last edited:

tslnox

Mar 7, 2015
Zdar nad Sazavou
Redmi Note 9
I'd like to flash this ROM as I can't stand the MIUI bull****, but I've been using Resurrection Remix on Mi 8 Lite before and no camera app was as good as original MIUI camera app. So, I'd like to ask: does anyone there use ANXCamera and does it work completely, or do you use GCam instead (if so, is it working completely - all sensors, no big shutter lag, no viewfinder lag, no excessive noise...) or do you use another app altogether? Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: Sikelela Mazingi

Matt_slider

Apr 4, 2021
What could cause booting into fastboot, after installing this ROM (over top of 12.0.7), rather than progressing to system boot?

cranknet

Oct 27, 2012
Algeria
I tried the rom today, When I try to install some apps from Google play it will freeze, I think its Google issue, How do I resolve the problem?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

foReqPr.png

Code:
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone by installing any custom ROMs and/or kernels.
    * You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers.

"This is a user-friendly thread, all your suggestions are important to us and will be taken into consideration."

GmPdZBS.png

PixelPlusUI is a Pixel Experience based ROM with some more friendly user experience. What differentiates us from the rest, you ask? Well that's why you're here. LET'S FIND OUT. It has additional localised and personalized functionality while preserving the stock Android look by adhering to Material Design guidelines. Unlike OEMs' slow and untimely updates, we closely follow Google to bring the latest updates to our users, and even prolonging support to devices that have been declared obsolete by OEMs. Our ROMs' source code is open source, secure, stable and outstanding. Your experience using PixelPlusUI will be butter smooth with added convenience and features. So do not hesitate anymore, join us now and start enjoying the beauty of stock Android or even be one of our developers. Let's bring this project to greater heights! PixelPlusUI is a minimal and close to stock Android ROM which offers great performance and stability with many awesome features. The main aim of this rom is to give user a better experience without compromising quality of Android experience so that no one struggles in any kind of difficulties while using their device. PixelPlusUI brings a better UI/UX to Android with a seamless experience coupled with customisations and user security. But this doesn't mean our aim is to provide all the customisation available on the planet. We are focused on a cleaner, more Material design approach with Pixel Goodies. So sit back and enjoy PixelPlusUI on your device!

IVvuDEK.png

- Kostya Maslennikov - Founder & Lead Developer
    - Saurav - Developer & Support Team

- And Also Our Hardworking Maintainers

xTx1CqW.png

NOTE: As of now PixelPlusUI A11 [ R ] is still in beta so features mentioned below may or may not be present when you are flashing the build.
    But when it will get stable u will get every features mentioned below. KEEP PATIENCE !!

Code:
    Statusbar :
    Introduce dynamic VoLTE & VoWiFi icons 
    OOS Styled Network Traffic Activity Indicator
    Hiding Statusbar on lockscreen

Quick settings :
    Useful new tiles like sync, Data Switch, AOD , etc
    Require unlocking QS tiles
    WIFI/NFC, Mobile Data, Bluetooth Panel instead of full Settings

Themes :
    PixelPlusUI Paper App
    Pixel Theme Picker
    More color accents, clocks and fonts
    Introduce 404 IDE Clock, Sammy highlight clock, Divided Lines Clock, MNML Clock, Fluid lockscreen clock, SFUNY clock, etc in Display/Style and Wallpapers

Hardware Buttons : 
    Advance Restart
    Expanded volume panel
    Power Menu Customizations
    Disabled Annoying Emergency button in power menu

Navigation :
    Navigation bar layout invertion
    Introduce HW Keys backlight & brightness control

Notifications :
    Allow to suppress notifications sound/vibration if screen is ON
    Gaming mode
    Add unlinked ringtone and notification volumes
    Incall vibration options
    Heads-up & Less boring heads-up

Gestures :
    3-finger screenshot gesture
    Added Long Screenshot
    Double tap to sleep on statusbar and lockscreen
    Statusbar brightness control 

Security :
    FaceUnlock on OFFCIAL
    Protect sensitive info on About device

Settings :
    Introduce Android 12 Style Search bar
    New beautiful BatteryMeterView 
    Brand New PixelPlusUI info in about device 

Extra :
    Support for internal audio recording
    Pixel Charger Animation
    Implement cutout force full screen
    Configurable 0, 90, 180 and 270 degree rotation

Miscellaneous :
    Pixel 5 Goodies
    OTA Updates
    Russian, Ukrainian, French, Polish, Turkish, Azerbaijani, Brazilian, and etc translations

And Much More As Source keeps updating So Hard to keep all updated.

OUrMFhs.png

SourceForge! [ TAP HERE ]

NOTE: It is STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing and please avoid restoring system apps and system data with Titanium Backup (or with any backup/restore app) as this can cause stability issues that are very hard to debug, restoring regular apps is fine.
    If you believe you know what you're doing - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience any strange behavior.

pmZkslu.png

CLEAN FLASH :
    - Download the latest build
    - Reboot to recovery
    - Flash the latest build
    - Wipe Dalvik/Art, Cache, Data, Internal
    - Reboot
    - First(or even 2nd) boot may be bootloop, to fix that, follow this guide: https://telegra.ph/Flash-Steps-03-08

What works?

Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    Fingerprint reader
    Lights
    Sound / vibration
    Almost everything

What doesn't work?

Nothing yet
    You tell me! :p

BUG REPORT !!

As soon as the problem occurs, take a logcat and please inform us via Telegram or XDA.
    for more READ THIS

a6njYr9.png

- Android Open-Source Project
    - Pixel Experience
    - LineageOS
    - Fluid OS
    - Havoc-OS
    - ProtonAOSP
    - Potato Open Source Project
    - Evolution-X

- Others, I forgot to mention

PixelPlusUI XDA Logo and Banners
    - Virendra

mzlfqhe.png

- Android OS version: 11.0
    - Security patch: March 2021
    - Build author/Device Maintainer : Box_Boi
    - DEVICE: REDMI NOTE 9
    - DEVICE CODENAME: MERLIN

Sources and Documentation

- ROM Source Code
    - Kernel Source
    - OFFICIAL DEVICES

aNanj7v.png

TELEGRAM CHANNEL
    TELEGRAM GROUP

------------------ DONATION LINKS ------------------

AS WE KNOW THAT THE BUILD IS FREE OF COST FOR YOU GUYS BUT BUILDING ROMs NEED SERVER SO WE HAVE TO PAY FOR IT EVERY MONTH AND ITS A BIG AMOUNT SO AS A STUDENT ITS DIFFICULT TO MANAGE IT. IT WOULD BE HELPFULL AND REALLY APPRECIATED IF YOU SUPPORT US

PAYTM UPI ID : dwarmachine24@paytm
    GPAY UPI ID: dwarmachine24@oksbi

PAYPAL: https://www.paypal.me/uglykid24

This is encouraging. I did make an effort to look for 12.03 global. Do you have a dl link handy?
    You can just downgrade the vendor before installing the rom.
    Basically just flash this before the rom and it should install
    hi guys, what version of vendor is needed to install the rom PixelPlusUI_3.4_merlin-11.0-20210422-1819-OFFICIAL
    Thanks @woahitspaulo, I tried a PBRP recoveries as well with little success, but this is a nice succinct summary of the steps. To install Magisk I extracted the boot.img contained in the release zip file, patched it via the Magisk app and flashed it again with
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot ./patched_boot.img

And big thanks to @Evan_Ferrao, @sourav24071999 and the rest of the PPUI team! My phone runs much better now and I look forward to future updates of the ROM :D
    Well many more stable and efficient builds coming soon ❤️ keep supporting